User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A lot of butthurt Christians in here.

According to you tards Jesus would have been the first of the Aryan Brotherhood...no wonder he had such a rough time in the middle east
View Quote

Did you mean to post this in a different thread?

Because it seems to me that most of the Christians in this thread kinda agree that Jesus was a Jew from the Middle East.

I've not seen anyone try to argue that he was Circassian.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A zoologist (or a systematist) would call them subspecies, but that causes heads to explode.

The same people who went ape shit over "niggardly" can't handle "subspecies" either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is PC-bullshit.  We can't have an intelligent discussion on anything in academia as long as it is clouded with PC ideology.

Oddly enough, race exists when we discuss BLM or when we discuss "institutional racism"-- or when those anthropologists' employers give preference or penalties to applicants attempting to enroll based on their race.

They are asking us to ignore what we actually see in practice. It amazes me that we see a complete disconnect when discussing humans and any other living organism.

We all know that all dogs are the same species.  However, no one disputes that there are different breeds with different characteristics.  Now, replace the word "breed" with the word "race."

Across the world, we see expression of different traits just as we see different expression of traits in practically every higher form of life.
A zoologist (or a systematist) would call them subspecies, but that causes heads to explode.

The same people who went ape shit over "niggardly" can't handle "subspecies" either.

Subspecies require a lack of genetic transfer among groups. Humanity has never worked that way. Extremes on various ends of a spectrum do not define the group as a whole.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You are arguing with a strawman.

The 18th century idea of race involved three (later 4) separate lines of evolution that only more recently began interbreeding.

Recognizing that this is I correct does not mean that population groups do not share traits in common.

It does, however, dismiss the idea hat there is a "pure" breed/race standard, and anything else is "mixed." That, is absurd.

Humans are not dogs. There is no kennel club, let alone a magical point in history, dictating breed standards.
View Quote

Technically some 19th century scientists made Australian aborigines a 4th “race” and there was the skull measurement “science” back then too
The Simpsons - Mr. Burns - You have the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm a Christian. I wouldn't really care if He was purple with pink polka dots.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wonder how much it bothers christians that Jesus didn't actually look like a white guy. When the romans came to arrest him, Judas had to point him out from the other jewish disciples because he didn't look any different from them.

https://i.imgur.com/VjIEiAA.jpg
View Quote

THat is pretty much exactly how I imagined him to look like
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well, since we don't believe in things without proof, I assume you have some?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Made up picture of a made up person from a made up intelligence. Cool.

Well, since we don't believe in things without proof, I assume you have some?

Proof huh? That knife cuts both ways.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Technically some 19th century scientists made Australian aborigines a 4th “race” and there was The Who skull measurement “science” back then too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 18th century idea of race involved three (later 4) separate lines of evolution that only more recently began interbreeding.

Recognizing that this is I correct does not mean that population groups do not share traits in common.

It does, however, dismiss the idea hat there is a "pure" breed/race standard, and anything else is "mixed." That, is absurd.

Humans are not dogs. There is no kennel club, let alone a magical point in history, dictating breed standards.

Technically some 19th century scientists made Australian aborigines a 4th “race” and there was The Who skull measurement “science” back then too

Australians were my "later 4."

The discovery of DNA was the nail in the coffin for that way of thinking, as genomes got mapped, just about every assumption from that era was thrown upside down.

But, people cling to it for their own reasons.

And, meant to type "19th" century... 18th century was still very much a concept of race equating to ethno-linguistic group. The lumbers started lumping much later.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#8]
We know what Satan looks like.  

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It doesn't matter.
View Quote
Yep, although it is pretty funny to imagine him looking like the Jewish caricature with a hunched back, giant nose and rubbing his palms together
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I like my blue eyed Jesus.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#11]
lol. AI isn't so intelligent, after all.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He looks Arab.  Jesus was a Jew.
View Quote

Hahaha.

Hahahahaahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahabahaha
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Subspecies require a lack of genetic transfer among groups. Humanity has never worked that way. Extremes on various ends of a spectrum do not define the group as a whole.
View Quote
Look up "intergrades"
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

According to you tards Jesus would have been the first of the Aryan Brotherhood...no wonder he had such a rough time in the middle east
View Quote
@dbmers
the only butthurt tard here is your ignorant ass.

the overwhelming majority of Christians agree that Jesus was a Jew from the Middle East and was definitely not white.....just saying
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#15]
As a Christian I've always had an issue with the white surfer Jesus with soulful blue eyes.
Are they depicting the Son of God or The Dude?

I wish the church in general would accept reality instead of trying to hold on to their ideal depiction.
I personally find it easier to connect with him when I accept who he was, and the culture he came from, instead of trying to clean it up to fit the standard that one wants it to be.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm pretty sure that's a depiction of Muhammad, Dutch guy gonna get his upcomence.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol u mad
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bohr_Adam

Forgive my anthropology classes.  When I went through college, we were taught that the three basic sub-divisions of race were "Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid"-- and every other variation resulted from some deviation or admixture of those primaries.

I'm quite certain that there is likely more developments to that viewpoint, and if I were in that field I would likely be up to speed on them.  As it is, my choice of term from the framework that I drew from seemed to be adequate for my point.
Last I remember, anthropologists were claiming that race was bullshit, and there was no such thing.

Which is PC-bullshit.  We can't have an intelligent discussion on anything in academia as long as it is clouded with PC ideology.

Oddly enough, race exists when we discuss BLM or when we discuss "institutional racism"-- or when those anthropologists' employers give preference or penalties to applicants attempting to enroll based on their race.

They are asking us to ignore what we actually see in practice. It amazes me that we see a complete disconnect when discussing humans and any other living organism.

We all know that all dogs are the same species.  However, no one disputes that there are different breeds with different characteristics.  Now, replace the word "breed" with the word "race."

Across the world, we see expression of different traits just as we see different expression of traits in practically every higher form of life.

I'm not entirely sure what you are arguing-- or even if you are.

Humans, as you have stated, dogs.  Or horses.  Or cows.  Or anything else that has "breeds" and variations of characteristics.  At the same time, we DO see those variations of characteristics across humans of different geographical regions.  We observe this.

So, you are correct that we aren't dogs, but the same genetic principles apply.  No "kennel club" established those principles and no one created a "breed standard."  Yet, the science is there.  Everyone in agricultural science understands this.  We just find offense applying that same principle to ourselves.  Or perhaps, we fear where that rabbit hole goes, and would rather pretend that in this case, "it is different."
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm trying to figure out why OP thinks Christians would be shocked that their Messiah looks like a Semite.  He was a Jew, from Jewish lands.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wonder how much it bothers christians that Jesus didn't actually look like a white guy. When the romans came to arrest him, Judas had to point him out from the other jewish disciples because he didn't look any different from them.

View Quote

Doesn't bother me at all.  Why would someone from the middle east, prior to significant inter-regional travel, be a white guy?

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Australians were my "later 4."

The discovery of DNA was the nail in the coffin for that way of thinking, as genomes got mapped, just about every assumption from that era was thrown upside down.

But, people cling to it for their own reasons.

And, meant to type "19th" century... 18th century was still very limuch a concept of race equating to ethno-linguistic group. The lumbers started lumping much later.
View Quote
is

They also made a fourth for Native Americans. Someone posted some old ass shit that put us as the "fourth race". They were badly drawn caricatures of everyone except white people. Probably from a eugenics textbook. Breaking 7.8 billion people down into four piles based on imaginary lines drawn on maps is dumb.

People here love to cling to that shit though.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
1. It doesnt matter
2. That looks more arabic than jew....jesus was a jew...
View Quote

Semitic people... you heard about’em ?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
is

They also made a fourth for Native Americans. Someone posted some old ass shit that put us as the "fourth race". They were badly drawn caricatures of everyone except white people. Probably from a eugenics textbook. Breaking 7.8 billion people down into four piles based on imaginary lines drawn on maps is dumb.

People here love to cling to that shit though.

View Quote

To be fair I’ve heard people also claim Indians were the lost 12 tribes of Israel https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/native-americans-jews-the-lost-tribes-episode/
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bin Laden.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe he got lighter skinned when he switched from Jew to Christian.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Next thing ya know someone is going to say Santa Claus is not white!
View Quote

There are already claims that King David was an African and was black
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

To be fair I’ve heard people also claim Indians were the lost 12 tribes of Israel https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/native-americans-jews-the-lost-tribes-episode/
View Quote

They can't be

Israelites are clearly from Caucasus mountains and Indians are clearly from Mongolia.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#30]
The biggest contributor to the myth that Jesus was a white guy is racist Hollywood. The same racist Hollywood that had a white guy playing every native Indian character. The same racist Hollywood that had a white guy play Charlie Chan.

Well that same racist Hollywood had white guys play middle eastern Jews in every single biblical movie both New Testament and Old. Then that racist Hollywood turns around and projects that racism on the the viewers of their racist films and claims Christians are butthurt if Jesus isn't white.

Pretty rich.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why would it bother us? We've been teaching that He's a Jew for 2,000 years. You think this is a surprise or something?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You guys realize there are several physical descriptions of Jesus in Roman history, right?  

And that those descriptions are all similar?

And that they described him as blue eyed and ruddy complexion.
View Quote

Cite sources?  I know in modern Jewish took there are red haired folk.  Not that it makes a shit what Christ physically looked like.  If a black/Asian dude descended from the clouds and telepathically said he was Christ, it would not bother me at all.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Tololololol

Anyone that thinks Jesus didn’t look like that is an idiot.

This probably only rustles the jimmies of Black Israelites and the hard core Baptist in South Mississippi
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Doesn't bother me at all.  Why would someone from the middle east, prior to significant inter-regional travel, be a white guy?

https://akiane.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Prince-of-Peace-hi-res.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://akiane.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Prince-of-Peace-hi-res.jpg

Does Waco Jesus come with his own Barrett M107
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
AI... give me a break. Based on what?
View Quote

Come on, man. It's "hyper realistic."
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Why do Christians get so defensive when people point out that Jesus was not a pasty white person?

It's bizarre.
View Quote

I find it bizarre that leftists revel in the belief that Christian's would be surprized their savior was not lilly white. I'm a heathen, but I know and love a lot of Christians.  I can't think of one that would freak out that their master would look middle eastern.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Looks about right to me.
View Quote

This. Even as a kid all of the pictures of super white Jesus never made sense to me
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

It doesn't.

If you finished high school you'd know about the Renaissance and it's influence on religion (and vice versa).

Not everyone's a dipshit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#40]
In on an obvious "I hate Christians" troll thread.

To burst OP's bubble I would imagine most Christians would expect Jesus to look like a Mediterranean Jew.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#41]
It's amazing how much Judaism and thusly Christianity borrowed from the principles of Zoroastrianism... The whole region went insane trying to religion all the things.

Desert people usually have a solid tan.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#42]
He looks jewish!  I must say I'm shocked!

Also its a general reconstruction of what people at that time and place looked like sooo....

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Possible, still looks like a browner Roman though
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Plausible. The Levant is closer to Africa than it is to Sweden.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So Jesus looked like Colin kapernick?
Isn't that a coincidence
View Quote
Looks more like Adrian Brody to me.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I dated the Ambassador from Turkey’s daughter. There’s a fair amount of Galatians including a Turkish tv actress who look like they’re from France or Central Europe https://www.hurriyet.com.tr/arama/#/?page=1&key=elcin-sangu&how=Article,Column,NewsPhotoGallery,NewsVideo,Recipe&isDetail=false
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZVSNaRznxohttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/58E8ABC9-1358-4B48-9C40-AD12BA50C52E_jpe-1520188.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/9241D4BF-3C34-4520-850E-9829344793A0_jpe-1520176.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/7E52B5F8-2D32-46C2-9147-D4E324DF9C64_jpe-1520177.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/46591AB6-5A4E-4FC9-9F9C-1002BF1CFA9C_jpe-1520184.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/B1D7FD3E-A873-4FB5-93E7-A7FCA5CAE4C0_jpe-1520185.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/61AB0959-4670-473F-AC43-B6E96A4A93E6_jpe-1520186.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/D3DAF278-E395-410A-A216-925AFC24697A_jpe-1520187.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/F4500860-103C-4502-8A16-C6C1C440D57B_jpe-1520189.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/E059D8D8-0649-49F4-8EC1-DB90EAABFC6B_jpe-1520197.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/58957476-CAF4-40BC-BCAF-9D52DC56FFDD_jpe-1520198.JPGhttps://serenaysarikaya.weebly.com/about.htmlhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/65C6ADB1-F2A3-45DA-9EFE-18933148F357_jpe-1520207.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/46530E13-281C-46BB-BA8F-FF830B2A288D_jpe-1520208.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

St. Nicholls was a Turk, so you are correct.
I dated the Ambassador from Turkey’s daughter. There’s a fair amount of Galatians including a Turkish tv actress who look like they’re from France or Central Europe https://www.hurriyet.com.tr/arama/#/?page=1&key=elcin-sangu&how=Article,Column,NewsPhotoGallery,NewsVideo,Recipe&isDetail=false
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZVSNaRznxohttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/58E8ABC9-1358-4B48-9C40-AD12BA50C52E_jpe-1520188.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/9241D4BF-3C34-4520-850E-9829344793A0_jpe-1520176.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/7E52B5F8-2D32-46C2-9147-D4E324DF9C64_jpe-1520177.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/46591AB6-5A4E-4FC9-9F9C-1002BF1CFA9C_jpe-1520184.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/B1D7FD3E-A873-4FB5-93E7-A7FCA5CAE4C0_jpe-1520185.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/61AB0959-4670-473F-AC43-B6E96A4A93E6_jpe-1520186.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/D3DAF278-E395-410A-A216-925AFC24697A_jpe-1520187.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/F4500860-103C-4502-8A16-C6C1C440D57B_jpe-1520189.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/E059D8D8-0649-49F4-8EC1-DB90EAABFC6B_jpe-1520197.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/58957476-CAF4-40BC-BCAF-9D52DC56FFDD_jpe-1520198.JPGhttps://serenaysarikaya.weebly.com/about.htmlhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/65C6ADB1-F2A3-45DA-9EFE-18933148F357_jpe-1520207.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/46530E13-281C-46BB-BA8F-FF830B2A288D_jpe-1520208.JPG

The Turks did a lot of slave capture/trading with folks from the British isles. I recall reading they'd slip in and capture whole villages.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wasn’t he on the blacklist.  Seriously though that’s fairly close to how I pictured him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Because it seems to me that most of the Christians in this thread kinda agree that Jesus was a Jew from the Middle East.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just seeing what he wants to see, not what really is.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top