Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They will not do a list because the words change. Make a list and people will invent a new one. That's how Amish became a bad word here.

It's obvious they are just scared and have decided to make it worse by "just doing SOMETHING!" so they will shoot from the hip and ban people for things they've seen posted a billion times and piss off most of the user base.

All while gaining exactly ZERO supporters from the left or anyone that doesn't want a site like ARFCOM to exist whatsoever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since I was invited back, I have tried to toe the line with coc.  I will admit to a few booboos, but I have respected and tried.  No I am fearful of accidently stepping on a landmine leading to an account violation or ban.  I hope the provide more details in the coc section or at least a list.

They will not do a list because the words change. Make a list and people will invent a new one. That's how Amish became a bad word here.

It's obvious they are just scared and have decided to make it worse by "just doing SOMETHING!" so they will shoot from the hip and ban people for things they've seen posted a billion times and piss off most of the user base.

All while gaining exactly ZERO supporters from the left or anyone that doesn't want a site like ARFCOM to exist whatsoever.

That's the funny part.  It's the same old shit.  Nothing will be enough for the people that want to ban guns and close this site.  Nothing but the complete end and removal of this site will be enough.

This is like the Bud Light bullshit.  Yea, great idea to try and appeal to someone that doesn't even buy your shit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Cash for clunkers did this
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Excuse me sir.  We prefer "Saltine American."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cracker ass honkies gonna cracker ass honkey.
Excuse me sir.  We prefer "Saltine American."

Damn with the hard r….
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL more woke shit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Americans only invade foreign countries to improve them and form alliances.
View Quote

Ohhh I see. It’s all good then

LoL
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#6]
How many time have we played this game?

1. Staff gets yelled at from someone to "do something about something"
2. They make or reiterate what, on the surface, seem like a perfectly reasonable rule
3. At some point, someone at one or more rung of authority starts taking things personal and begins lashing out at every perceived slight.
4. A well liked poster will poke that person or persons until they catch an arbitrary ban
5. Membership will pile into a thread to ask why
6. Those threads will be deleted 2-3 times
7. Goatboy will come into the 4th one and reassure everyone that this wasn't his intention and things will be addressed, then float the idea of fixing something that's been broken for 15 years so everyone will stfu.
8. Whatever bad actor staff/mod will lay low for a while
9. Mods and staff will avoid enforcing rules for a period thinking that will cool people off when in reality, it engenders even more distrust.

Rinse repeat.

I'm not complaining, the forum belongs to whomever, do what you want.  Just save us the righteous indignance about whatever the issue of the day is, it's tired, it's old, no one who has been here for a minute believes you or thinks this time will be different.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The last one I appealed and wrote fuck you and your bullshit rules in the comments section. Waiting to see if it is permanent after they read it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been kicked off crackbook twice for saying "I'll kick your ass" to friends.

The last one I appealed and wrote fuck you and your bullshit rules in the comments section. Waiting to see if it is permanent after they read it.

His name was Lorazepam.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is a PC rifle forum.
View Quote

Was less so in the past?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well... Because so many gun owners are conservative and there are a lot of conservatives here, and because conservatives justifiably value free speech, it's easy to forget that arfcom has never really claimed to be a bastion of free speech. It's easy to forget, because some of what is not permitted to be discussed elsewhere is allowed to be discussed here. But there are limits. They don't want even the hint of racist content here. It makes gun owners and conservatives look bad, makes the site an easy target. It's their site, it's their right.

Elon Musk has taken a different approach. He wants freedom of speech, so long as it passes the legality test. Twitter is a free speech platform. Both arfcom and Twitter are great sites for different reasons. We're pretty lucky to have both.
View Quote

Whose definition of racist are we using? I don’t even know you, but I bet that by the definition of most leftist you are racist. Anyone who has an account here who isn’t a leftist plant or a fed monitoring the place almost certainly fits their definition of racist.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Certain things offend people differently. For example, I know that dehumanizing Russians by calling them “Orcs” bothers you. Making blanket statements about American ethnic groups bothers me. Maybe we’re opposites. Maybe it’s best to not say racist things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t people who commit horrible crimes with animal like behaviors become “savages” , according to your logic ?

Certain things offend people differently. For example, I know that dehumanizing Russians by calling them “Orcs” bothers you. Making blanket statements about American ethnic groups bothers me. Maybe we’re opposites. Maybe it’s best to not say racist things.

Well technically your name is a racist term... so....
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You and i Sir could have a beer !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But as a black man, I really don't give a fuck what some dipshit on the internet thinks about code words and inferred meaning of internet posts.   If I did...  I'd be a liberal.  

You and i Sir could have a beer !

I will buy the first round.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Just don't ban thicc whyte wimmins. I need those
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#13]
True enough; if anyone really wants to rag on an ethnic group (or two, three...), it's easy enough to do that on Gab.

I might add that, although, I'm getting less and less tolerant of certain "groups", some of what I see posted there shocks me.

Even if, when the rubber hits the road, many of those "hateful" statements have a basis in fact - especially, the globalist/international banker stuff. But, I digress...
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ban yourself mother fuc$%=er
@Striker
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Big Brother" is watching us?

Who the heck is big brother exactly?

Biden? Gates? Soros? JLO?
depends on who the social justice warriors and karens run to

Ban yourself mother fuc$%=er
@Striker

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is the new rules gonna move with the goalpost the hypersensitive lot like to continually move?
View Quote
Probably depends on the site owners ESG score.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Is this considered racist?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Who knew that "Don't use underhanded racial slurs" would be a controversial issue.

Also if you think that free speech applies to private entities, I assume that you have accomplished very little in life.
View Quote
Free speech absolutely does. Free speech and first amendment are two different things. If you're all about curtailing free expression of thought so long as it isn't the government doing the suppression, you aren't pro free speech, you're pro second amendment. Big difference.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Can you add a “racist only” forum?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This place is a far cry from how it used to be.
View Quote

:( sad but true.

All good things come to an end . This is a reminder .
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Reported!!!!!!!

I lost a chicken to that blizzard!
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

What about this one?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Every US Marine I’ve met likes fat chicks, eats crayons and likes to drink Bud Light.

Sad state of affairs.
View Quote

I DON'T LIKE PLUS SIZE WOMEN.

But I do love them and pray they shed their passions for the sin of gluttony.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Reported!!!!!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Is this the thread to officially petition for shrugging Scott Adams to be added to the meme list?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's the funny part.  It's the same old shit.  Nothing will be enough for the people that want to ban guns and close this site.  Nothing but the complete end and removal of this site will be enough.

This is like the Bud Light bullshit.  Yea, great idea to try and appeal to someone that doesn't even buy your shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since I was invited back, I have tried to toe the line with coc.  I will admit to a few booboos, but I have respected and tried.  No I am fearful of accidently stepping on a landmine leading to an account violation or ban.  I hope the provide more details in the coc section or at least a list.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Just don't ever buy anything from Brownells ever again.  Make sure you tell all your friends how they think we're all racist white trash.

Don't buy a thing from board sponsors either.  Never click an ad.  Burn it down.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Boomer isn't a race
View Quote

The sticky says any group of people.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Meh. Doesn't seem that bad or hard to follow.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Reported!!!!!!!

I lost a chicken to that blizzard!
View Quote

Dude I am sorry, I was just busting balls. Sorry about your chicken.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#32]
This thread will be upgraded to Epic soon!
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Clayton Bigsby, the World’s Only Black White Supremacist - Chappelle’s Show
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Dude I am sorry, I was just busting balls. Sorry about your chicken.
View Quote

RIP mrs clukz.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The sticky says any group of people.
View Quote

Even Texans?

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Based on all the ridiculous assumptions in the "Father beat by mob" thread.... Yeah, some of ya'll probbaly should just surf 88er.com instead. Thats all I gotta say about that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

RIP mrs clukz.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How many time have we played this game?

1. Staff gets yelled at from someone to "do something about something"
2. They make or reiterate what, on the surface, seem like a perfectly reasonable rule
3. At some point, someone at one or more rung of authority starts taking things personal and begins lashing out at every perceived slight.
4. A well liked poster will poke that person or persons until they catch an arbitrary ban
5. Membership will pile into a thread to ask why
6. Those threads will be deleted 2-3 times
7. Goatboy will come into the 4th one and reassure everyone that this wasn't his intention and things will be addressed, then float the idea of fixing something that's been broken for 15 years so everyone will stfu.
8. Whatever bad actor staff/mod will lay low for a while
9. Mods and staff will avoid enforcing rules for a period thinking that will cool people off when in reality, it engenders even more distrust.

Rinse repeat.

I'm not complaining, the forum belongs to whomever, do what you want.  Just save us the righteous indignance about whatever the issue of the day is, it's tired, it's old, no one who has been here for a minute believes you or thinks this time will be different.
View Quote

Site belongs to a LLC, not Pete Brownell (from reply from Goatboy in a AMA). Not addressed but I assume that Pete does in fact own and control the LLC (which any half way intelligent investor would use a LLC to protect from individual liability). But come on, it is Pete.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll be honest I don't care about that guy's chicken.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#40]
The reason people call out the fact that black people are committing most of the crime in our nation on artcom has to do with the fact that nowhere else is.

The news refuses to mention race and instead uses words like teens, youths, or nothing at all. Then, if you do research it's blatantly obvious it was a black male.
I'm not saying it ALL black males, but when there's crime it's usually A black male.

Also, the media and government keeps saying white supremacists are the biggest threat to our nation. Meanwhile black males are killing each other at alarming rates, assaulting other races, and shoplifting stores out of business.

Well, after the BLM and Antifa riots I'm sick of being silenced about the real crime wave in our nation.

I get it, arfcom is a business and going against the woke agenda gets you canceled.

But, even if arfcom gets rid of all of us it will still be crushed eventually... because it's a gun website and those aren't PC either.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'll be honest I don't care about that guy's chicken.
View Quote

Man there is no need to be heartless
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Based on all the ridiculous assumptions in the "Father beat by mob" thread.... Yeah, some of ya'll probbaly should just surf 88er.com instead. Thats all I gotta say about that.
View Quote

Jokers use white-face, so racist...
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Ya know, as more and gun control gets rammed down our throats, more and more people will stumble across arfcom.

I am sick and tired as being labeled as a racist right-wing ammo sexual. I shouldn't care, but it is getting tiresome. I may be a right-wing ammo sexual, but I am not racist. And someone perusing arfcom for the first time is certainly going to validate some stereotypes by some of the stuff I have seen posted here.

But I am not blind and stupid either. Stereotypes exist for a reason.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#44]
What about the gays? Are they considered a race? Is the word faggot allowed?

For that matter can the moderators just just give us a list of words and phrases that are not allowed. That would be a lot less subjective. Hard to play by the rules when the rules are never defined.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Probably depends on the site owners ESG score.
View Quote
This. It's a corporate owned site. They have to comply with ESG like every other corporation. It's how "They that shall not be named" control the nation.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Americans only invade foreign countries to improve them and form alliances.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I would appreciate it if all of you couldd make me feel a little safer and refrain from using terms like "bugle muncher" , "fattie", "toe sucker", or "floppy dick". Thank you and I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#48]
This certainly won't get messy
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Meh. Doesn't seem that bad or hard to follow.
View Quote

You've been here long enough to know better.  Remember "fuck that particular cop in the video in the op?"
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I prefer racistsmingle.com but 88er.com isn’t bad, nazisonly.com is gaining a lot of traction these days too
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top