Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

3M Work Tunes are one of the best things I've purchased in the last 5 years.  I ran over my last pair with my tractor, and had a new pair coming from Amazon in less that 10min.  It's down right miserable doing yard work without being able to listen to music on them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Work tunes will be more enjoyable since they act as ear protection and music.

3M Work Tunes are one of the best things I've purchased in the last 5 years.  I ran over my last pair with my tractor, and had a new pair coming from Amazon in less that 10min.  It's down right miserable doing yard work without being able to listen to music on them.

i tried those types, but didnt like them as i cant wear a full brim hat with them, which gets to be a necessity when hauling hay / out in a field with no shade for hours on end. a baseball hat doesnt cut it for that kind of work, not for me anyway, just stay much cooler / less burned with a wide brimmed hat vs baseball cap.

prefer these kinds.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I ended up ordering a Radioddity DB20-G (20W) mobile GMRS last night.  Should be here tomorrow.  It has good reviews and the price wasn't too bad at $110.  It's not water proof, but I'm hoping I can find a way to make a quick attach/detach mount so I can remove it and only attach it when I know the weather is looking good and I'll be using it all day.  It uses the 12v outlet for power, so it's easy enough to disconnect in that regard.  Worst case, I'll put it in my truck so I have GMRS there as well.

Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Just make sure your “12V outlet” can actually handle the amps the radio draws.

Manufacturers like running small gauge wires to cigarette lighter ports.

Best just to run the appropriate wires from the battery with an inline fuse (the radio will come with).
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I ended up ordering a Radioddity DB20-G (20W) mobile GMRS last night.  Should be here tomorrow.  It has good reviews and the price wasn't too bad at $110.  It's not water proof, but I'm hoping I can find a way to make a quick attach/detach mount so I can remove it and only attach it when I know the weather is looking good and I'll be using it all day.  It uses the 12v outlet for power, so it's easy enough to disconnect in that regard.  Worst case, I'll put it in my truck so I have GMRS there as well.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71I-ZhT+lTS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
View Quote

mount it in a 30 cal ammo can, ( or similar ) you can remove the lid for using the radio, and reattach / seal it when it rains / when your not using the tractor. lots of water proof container options available these days.

or, you might consider a marine style radio and those are often built to be waterproof, much more so than non marine radios, plus they are generally much more powerful too , more watts.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Cab tractor...best thing I've added has been this camera I stick on the back so I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder when I back up with the brush hog.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C58SGGVW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
my best added tractor accessory was a 12"x24"x8" storage basket , i haul drinks, snacks, tools, etc in it, yesterday it held my phone, a cooler with 9 bottles of gatorade, a towel, some tools, gloves, etc. had it for about 4 years now, and its a great accessory. im always off a few miles from home working with the tractor and really needed a way to haul extra items with me and this thing has been amazingly helpful. i also added a mounting spot on the right lower edge for mounting switches too, for the work lights and light bar i added.

future addition will be mounting a 5000-6000lb winch up front between the grill and the loader bucket for usual winch uses.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/upgrade_3_jpg-3244597.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/upgrade_5_jpg-3244598.JPG

adding permanent D rings, a hook and mounting a long chain to the bucket is another awesome upgrade as well. that way you ALWAYS have a length of chain with you handy for dragging, lifting, pulling, etc.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/upgrade_7_jpg-3244599.JPG

i also added some rear facing work lights and a forward facing light bar to the roll bar too.
View Quote
This was a very helpful post.  Great ideas all around.  Thank you, sir!
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cab tractor...best thing I've added has been this camera I stick on the back so I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder when I back up with the brush hog.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C58SGGVW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71cojyHagVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
View Quote

Definitely something I need for mine too. But I'll have to get a bigger screen. lol. old eyes.

Wouldn't even have to be wireless, shouldn't be difficult to run some cable .
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71I-ZhT+lTS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
View Quote

I hope it just has a heat sync and not a fan. I'd be worried about it sucking up dust.

My anytone only has a heat sync type body. It can get warm to the touch but it does ok.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have this one simple trick....where I put the saw in the bucket and inevitably forget and wind up dumping it out.  Once in the pond.
View Quote

lol, nice.

I typically use the pallet forks if I'm doing tree work, anyways.  Can lay the polesaw across the forks but it's safer to throw it on the mower deck too
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@1andy2

The bucket scabbards we use for tree work are $200+ but I just found this and may get one for mine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523616/IMG_3509_png-3244382.JPG
View Quote

Thanks. Yeah, something like that would be good.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What about a tooth bar for the loader bucket?  Curious if there are any not-so-obvious downsides to running one.  I need to scoop dirt and rocks from piles and will also need to lay down and grade dirt, gravel, etc.  Is an aggressive tooth bar like the Piranha tooth bar really going to help with those tasks or should I be looking at some other kind of protective bar like the Piranha straight bar or perhaps something from a different brand?

View Quote

Seams a bit gimmicky.  You will have a hard time getting enough traction to use something like that properly and if you do get enough traction you will likely damage your bucket.  Most the time you see tooth buckets on track loaders mostly for the traction reason.  Try using the smooth bucket and see how you like it.  I find it more day to day useful for edge work and back dragging which you can't do as effectively with the tooth bucket.  If you need to dig that much dirt, rent a CTL.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seams a bit gimmicky.  You will have a hard time getting enough traction to use something like that properly and if you do get enough traction you will likely damage your bucket.  Most the time you see tooth buckets on track loaders mostly for the traction reason.  Try using the smooth bucket and see how you like it.  I find it more day to day useful for edge work and back dragging which you can't do as effectively with the tooth bucket.  If you need to dig that much dirt, rent a CTL.
View Quote
Appreciate the input.  None of my digging would be from packed soil.  Just from loose piles of dirt, rock, and gravel.  Maybe trying to use the bucket to shave off a bunch of grass where I'm laying down gravel or pavers or something like that, but definitely not "digging" with the bucket.  I've still read that the teeth make it a lot easier for the bucket to break through even loose dirt to get a better scoop.  Is that not really that case then?

What about something like the Piranha straight bar just for edge protection?  Not sure how likely damage to the bucket would be when driving in to a pile of potato-sized cobblestones, which I will definitely need to do.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Appreciate the input.  None of my digging would be from packed soil.  Just from loose piles of dirt, rock, and gravel.  Maybe trying to use the bucket to shave off a bunch of grass where I'm laying down gravel or pavers or something like that, but definitely not "digging" with the bucket.  I've still read that the teeth make it a lot easier for the bucket to break through even loose dirt to get a better scoop.  Is that not really that case then?

What about something like the Piranha straight bar just for edge protection?  Not sure how likely damage to the bucket would be when driving in to a pile of potato-sized cobblestones, which I will definitely need to do.
View Quote

IMO yes to a cutting edge if you plan on digging.  Especially if it is rocky.  My place is rocky as shit.

Dealer installed on mine-was like 200 dollars.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd recommend a heated/AC quiet and clean, cab.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Toolbox on the fender and chain hooks on the bucket.   Led lights to help hook up Points at night.  Put a 2" receiver on the box blade rear of the brush hog to move trailers without dropping the implements and using draw bar.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

i tried those types, but didnt like them as i cant wear a full brim hat with them, which gets to be a necessity when hauling hay / out in a field with no shade for hours on end. a baseball hat doesnt cut it for that kind of work, not for me anyway, just stay much cooler / less burned with a wide brimmed hat vs baseball cap.

prefer these kinds.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/hat_1_jpg-3244607.JPG

View Quote
Agree.  I bought a Shelta hat last year after seeing so many folks here recommend them.  Money well spent.  I still wore a baseball cap today though when I was laying down some mulch.  It just depends on how sunny it is and how long I plan on being in the direct sunlight.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:39:57 AM EDT
[#17]
@PA-Minuteman - What is that contraption with the 2" receiver and those gas can lookin' things hanging off it that's connected to your iMatch quick hitch ?  I noticed the trailer before, but I just now noticed all that's going on back there.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 2:04:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@PA-Minuteman - What is that contraption with the 2" receiver and those gas can lookin' things hanging off it that's connected to your iMatch quick hitch ?  I noticed the trailer before, but I just now noticed all that's going on back there.
View Quote
The back goes as follows:

JD iMatch quick hitch > Heavy Hitch Dual weight bracket > Suitcase weights

Suitcase weights are for rear ballast, you want to make sure you have proper rear ballast if you plan on using your front end loader. The weights hang off a Heavy Hitch Bracket  that attach to the rear of the iMatch

Let me know if you need anymore info
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

mount it in a 30 cal ammo can, ( or similar ) you can remove the lid for using the radio, and reattach / seal it when it rains / when your not using the tractor. lots of water proof container options available these days.

or, you might consider a marine style radio and those are often built to be waterproof, much more so than non marine radios, plus they are generally much more powerful too , more watts.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/proxy-image__1__jpg-3244611.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/proxy-image_jpg-3244612.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/proxy-image__2__jpg-3244614.JPG
View Quote
@buck19delta

Are these setups yours or did you just pull from Google?  I'm curious about the specs and components used in these setups as they seem pretty well thought out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I hope it just has a heat sync and not a fan. I'd be worried about it sucking up dust.

My anytone only has a heat sync type body. It can get warm to the touch but it does ok.
View Quote
No fan.  Nice and beefy heat sink construction.  Pretty solid and quality feeling so far.

I already used it to talk to my Motorola FRS handheld.  Speaker and voice quality seem really nice too.

I'm very new to radios.  Bought the Motorola handhelds on a whim since I had the Amazon points saved up.  Now, with this GMRS radio, I feel like I'm starting to go down the rabbit hole...

What I really need to do is get a better understanding of what channels are available, how much power they draw, and how far I can Tx/Rx at each power level through some trial and error.  I think these things are supposed to have low/high settings, so I should probably start off by reading the manuals.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Suitcase weights are for rear ballast, you want to make sure you have proper rear ballast if you plan on using your front end loader. The weights hang off a Heavy Hitch Bracket  that attach to the rear of the iMatch

View Quote
Awesome.  Where did you buy the Suitcase weights?  Curious how they are latched on and if they bounce around and make a shitload of noise or anything like that when using the loader bucket in more aggressive situations.

My dealer offered me the JD ballast box accessory (it gets filled with some sort of concrete mix I guess), but it's pretty pricy at > $500 and I don't think it does anything else.

I'd actually like to get the ballasting situation figured out pretty quickly.  I'll be moving lots of rocks in the coming weeks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Awesome.  Where did you buy the Suitcase weights?  Curious how they are latched on and if they bounce around and make a shitload of noise or anything like that when using the loader bucket in more aggressive situations.

My dealer offered me the JD ballast box accessory (it gets filled with some sort of concrete mix I guess), but it's pretty pricy at > $500 and I don't think it does anything else.

I'd actually like to get the ballasting situation figured out pretty quickly.  I'll be moving lots of rocks in the coming weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just use your heaviest implement:

Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Best accessory I ever bought for mine was a tooth bar for the loader bucket.  Turns it from a one-trick pony to a multi-use handy dandy.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Similar setup.
https://www.goodworkstractors.com/product/gwt-versabracket-bundle-w-8-suitcase-weights/

Also other option besides pirahna tooth bar:
https://heavyhitch.com/product/bucket-tooth-bar-clamp-on-sub-compact-tractor/
Clamps on without drilling the bucket, thus allowing for removal.

Another option is a cheapo amazon ballast box as well.  Not to same size as a lot of other items but it's just a box that you can hook to a 3point, so not that big a deal.

If you have anywhere local that sells old equipment, weights might be cheap there.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Torque tube on the front end loader is a good spot for tools.  Either store in a cut out pvc pipe or just fit a cap on the ends directly
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Torque tube on the front end loader is a good spot for tools.  Either store in a cut out pvc pipe or just fit a cap on the ends directly
View Quote

Good spot for chains.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Any pics?
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Any pics?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any pics?

Amazon Product
  • End-of-pipe plug seals or holds pressure to test piping system. Plugs open-ended 1-1/2 in. pipes

Link Posted: 6/20/2024 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
@buck19delta

Are these setups yours or did you just pull from Google?  I'm curious about the specs and components used in these setups as they seem pretty well thought out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/proxy-image__1__jpg-3244611.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/proxy-image_jpg-3244612.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/proxy-image__2__jpg-3244614.JPG
@buck19delta

My creations, using scrap metal, with lots of thinking and LOTS of measuring.   The D rings came from rural king, and the hook on the tractor bucket was a standard hook I found at scrap yard and cut in 1/2 to weld to the bucket.

Working on making my own knives right now.  Doing stock removal method for my first ones, making progress though.

Hunting knife. Made from a file, quenched in oil earlier, tempering in the oven right now.

Attachment Attached File

Skinner, cut it out of leaf spring earlier, it’s thick, like 3/8 thick, so I’ll be grinding it thinner, grinding it down to a slim 1/4” thick.

The gut hook will be opened bigger, I’ll start grinding the bevels soon.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Ahh now I get it.  That hollow tube welded between the loader arms.  Cool idea.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 1:26:04 AM EDT
[#31]
in for more info, and a bump
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 1:59:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Toolbox on the fender and chain hooks on the bucket.   Led lights to help hook up Points at night.  Put a 2" receiver on the box blade rear of the brush hog to move trailers without dropping the implements and using draw bar.
View Quote

I bolted a 50-cal ammo can to my LHD. It holds a few wrenches sized for access panels on the machine, hydraulic line plugs, assorted nuts and bolts, wire, gloves, earplugs, and things like that. Chain hooks or a big anchor point are handy as well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
No noise & I bought them off craigslist for $80 each (I bought 8 70lb weights)
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:29:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Buy a tractor with enclosed body.  Minneapolis-Moline UDLX (thedrive.com)

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Get Bluetooth hearing protection
And it will ring from your phone to your ear
You will have to power down the equipment to talk back but you will hear it ring and the tones for txt messages
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#37]

One thing that's missing:  Antifreeze.  

There are two types of antifreeze:  Toxic (Ethylene Glycol i.e. typical radiator antifreeze) and no-toxic (i.e. RV potable water antifreeze aka Propylene Glycol).  I use the RV antifreeze in my tractor tires.  Since I live in TN, it only takes 5-6 gallons per tire (out of 47 gallons total) to prevent freezing in my tractor tires.  Buying RV antifreeze early spring makes it very affordable.

For weight and antifreezing capabilities, beet juice (Rimguard) is the best.  But there are two caveats:  $$$ and you have to take it to a Rimguard dealer; which is moronic in this day and age.  Why they won't sell 55-gallon barrels of the stuff baffles me.  Finding a dealer in the south in problematic, worsened by Rimguard's refusal to put their dealers on their website unlike like every other web site on the planet.  

Another ballast comparison chart here:  https://www.orangetractortalks.com/2009/01/comparing-types-of-liquid-tire-ballast/

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#38]
IsoTunes bluetooth hearing protection. Pair a decent handheld radio with it, problem solved without the task of mounting a radio to the tractor, then inevitably leaving it on and running the battery down.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

For weight and antifreezing capabilities, beet juice (Rimguard) is the best.  But there are two caveats:  $$$ and you have to take it to a Rimguard dealer; which is moronic in this day and age.  Why they won't sell 55-gallon barrels of the stuff baffles me.  Finding a dealer in the south in problematic, worsened by Rimguard's refusal to put their dealers on their website unlike like every other web site on the planet.  

View Quote

There are a couple of other organic ballasts similar to Rimguard that doesn't have the Rimguard dealer issues.  My dealer uses it, and for the life of me i can't remember what it was called.  Similar 11 pound properties though.  It isn't Bio Ballast either.  My memory is shit.

Eco Solutions in Canada is another manufacture.

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There are a couple of other organic ballasts similar to Rimguard that doesn't have the Rimguard dealer issues.  My dealer uses it, and for the life of me i can't remember what it was called.  Similar 11 pound properties though.  It isn't Bio Ballast either.  My memory is shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trifecta of a good liquid tractor ballast:

- Non-toxic
- Heavy i.e. at least 11 lb/gal
- Nonfreezing down to 30-40 below if not 50 below

Obviously, the last part isn't all that important around here.  Down to 10 degrees is good enough.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There are two types of antifreeze:  Toxic (Ethylene Glycol i.e. typical radiator antifreeze) and no-toxic (i.e. RV potable water antifreeze aka Propylene Glycol).  I use the RV antifreeze in my tractor tires.  Since I live in TN, it only takes 5-6 gallons per tire (out of 47 gallons total) to prevent freezing in my tractor tires.  Buying RV antifreeze early spring makes it very affordable.

Another ballast comparison chart here:  https://www.orangetractortalks.com/2009/01/comparing-types-of-liquid-tire-ballast/
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I had an AG tire repair company come out and fill mine - it was 10 years ago don't remember who or how I found them. Got it after I took a sled ride down a slope with a hydrostat (for the record the rears spin in the opposite direction). Would not recommend

They probably didn't include antifreeze because it's close to what they sell - but if you're worried about tire failure and crops the beets aren't going to kill anything. And honestly I was never worried about a tire puncture (and I don't have crops). Until I was. Long story short - after a comedy of errors, the box blade teeth were making the tires so deformed I can't believe they didn't puncture. Yanked the broken 3 point stuff and implement off with the truck. And that's my story
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Usefulness of a tooth bar will depend on your situation.  I have a shitload of crazy overgrown blackberry on my property, so my Piranha bar helps a lot with that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Magnetic mirror mounts for side mirrors (placement on FEL masts).  Mirror to check ball position on FEL mounted trailer mover plate when hooking up.  Magnet mounted video camera(s) w/display for checking positioning of PTO stump grinder during use. Can also be useful in seeing pallet fork tip position.  Manually activated trailer brake controller with 7 pin connector for use in trailer movement.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Usefulness of a tooth bar will depend on your situation.  I have a shitload of crazy overgrown blackberry on my property, so my Piranha bar helps a lot with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I went ahead and ordered the Piranha tooth bar a few days ago.  I watched some YouTube vids to see it in action, and yeah, it definitely helps with a lot of things.  Even just shaving off a layer of sod seems to be way easier with less fuss compared to no tooth bar.  I have lots of sod I need to take out for paver work, so that's all the justification I needed.

Quoted:
Magnetic mirror mounts for side mirrors (placement on FEL masts).  Mirror to check ball position on FEL mounted trailer mover plate when hooking up.  Magnet mounted video camera(s) w/display for checking positioning of PTO stump grinder during use. Can also be useful in seeing pallet fork tip position.  Manually activated trailer brake controller with 7 pin connector for use in trailer movement.
Some nice ideas all around.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#46]
My version of the radio holder whatchamacallit:

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:48:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Anyone want to share what they have in their dedicated tractor toolbox either mounted on the tractor or just stored in the garage or barn?

I’m trying to put a mobile grab-and-go tool kit together that keeps only the most used, tractor-related tools in one place.

Just bought some more 10” and 7” Knipex pliers wrenches for this purpose.  Thinking some Mechanix gloves, adjustable wrench or spud wrench to complement the pliers wrenches, mini socket/bit/ratchet set, needle nose pliers w/ wire cutter, a couple of basic screwdrivers, utility knife…What else is going to be useful when working on tractor/hydraulic stuff out in the field in a pinch?
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 3:42:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Anyone want to share what they have in their dedicated tractor toolbox either mounted on the tractor or just stored in the garage or barn?

I’m trying to put a mobile grab-and-go tool kit together that keeps only the most used, tractor-related tools in one place.

Just bought some more 10” and 7” Knipex pliers wrenches for this purpose.  Thinking some Mechanix gloves, adjustable wrench or spud wrench to complement the pliers wrenches, mini socket/bit/ratchet set, needle nose pliers w/ wire cutter, a couple of basic screwdrivers, utility knife…What else is going to be useful when working on tractor/hydraulic stuff out in the field in a pinch?
View Quote

easiest is to drive to your shop, work on it there.  I've got too many tractors to have a kit for each one.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 3:45:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My version of the radio holder whatchamacallit:

https://i.imgur.com/Ph1eHXh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Rtbq7kw.jpg

View Quote

https://www.kolpin.com/en-us/shop/accessories/gun-transport-carriers/rhino-grips/ratcheting/ratcheting-rhino-grip/

I've gone to these on the atv's and in tractors.  One does a hell of a job holding a rifle verticle.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#50]
I attached a light bar to the ROPS.  It’s pretty nice when you need daylight somewhere.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top