BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The difference between retiring at o5 with 20 and o6 with 24 is about $1M lump sum in the retirement plan.  Which sounds like a lot until you realize that a lot of o5s can walk into a GS13+ step 5ish that requires way fewer hours, no moves and less stress and brings home $150k/year.  O5 retirement pay plus that GS salary makes a $1M retirement kicker a little underwhelming.  And that's before considering contractor pay options.

The math is similar for o6 to o7.  GS15 on top of retired o6 pay ain't bad.
View Quote

Pound for pound the most expensive DoD retirement is O5 at 21, because of life expectancy. The inverse of that is that it's also the best deal for the service member.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I thought ads about having two moms and changing the names of Confederate bases was the ticket to success
View Quote

Big Army has been DoD's Leadership's colostomy bag for a lot longer than pop culture's approval of fish eaters LARP'ing as parents

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They need to expand on the use of civilian DoD employees for military functions.

They also need to reconsider which sorts of medical conditions really mean someone isn't fit for service. The military's logistics system can sustain keeping people sustained with prescription medications easier than it can handle people who are physically out of shape. I remember going in and physically fit people were getting disqual'ed at MEPS for tattoos and medication history. The guy who had a heart murmur during childhood but can do 20 pull-ups is more fit for service than the guy with no formal medical history but can only do 5 pull-ups.
View Quote

I can’t fix your heart. I can get you to do more pull-ups.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

A murmur is not necessarily disqualifying, that is to say you can get a waiver for one if you're in reasonably good shape.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A murmur is not necessarily disqualifying, that is to say you can get a waiver for one if you're in reasonably good shape.
View Quote

I understand waivers. I have one. Not for heart murmurs, but for asthma. Yeah I can pass a pt test. But some shit is tough and the recovery from max effort training evolutions is a long ass time. The army isn’t all fucking new E2s, posting TikTok videos, and EO training 24/7. Sometimes you have to realize that your medicated ass is dragging your team down and you are more of a threat to their survival than all the screaming chinamen waiting to swim the Danube to burn the White House down.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I understand waivers. I have one. Not for heart murmurs, but for asthma. Yeah I can pass a pt test. But some shit is tough and the recovery from max effort training evolutions is a long ass time. The army isn’t all fucking new E2s, posting TikTok videos, and EO training 24/7. Sometimes you have to realize that your medicated ass is dragging your team down and you are more of a threat to their survival than all the screaming chinamen waiting to swim the Danube to burn the White House down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's time to let the Chinese play world police and dictate their terms to the world.  No more blood for oil. I won't send my kids to fight for corporations.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’ll be honest, the pay is a very low consideration at O-6 and above.  Speaking from personal experience, it is typically PCS moves, family considerations, and time demands which weigh more heavily on the decision to continue serving.  Do I think flag officers should be paid more for what they do?  Absolutely.  Will it affect retention of talented officers if we did?  Probably not.
View Quote

To be clear. They have a pay cap but it isn’t the base pay.

Their retirement is based on their base pay which exceeds the pay cap. When they retire they more than break even. 75% of the base pay exceeds the pay cap in many cases.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's time to let the Chinese play world police and dictate their terms to the world.  No more blood for oil. I won't send my kids to fight for corporations.
View Quote
the merican MIC won't let that happen.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't get in the way of my modern conservatism.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#10]
It is almost like the DEI and trans crap was pushed to achieve this situation.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

But how many more pull-ups can you get the out of shape person to do by comparison to the one who is already reasonably athletic and just has a medication for something.

Our logistics system is pretty advanced. If the argument against having troops who need prescriptions is that getting them their meds on time is hard, I think that seems like a fairly easy problem. If we can figure out how to keep them stocked with water and bullets and MREs, we can figure out how to do it with prescription meds, especially if it means we get to be stricter on actual physical standards because the heart murmur athletic guy gets in so you can afford to turn away the kid who can't do a pull up because he spent his whole life playing video games.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Uh, oh.  If we don't watch it, then we won't have enough troops to send to every war on Earth.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shit, I came in on two waivers 19 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The difference between retiring at o5 with 20 and o6 with 24 is about $1M lump sum in the retirement plan.  Which sounds like a lot until you realize that a lot of o5s can walk into a GS13+ step 5ish that requires way fewer hours, no moves and less stress and brings home $150k/year.  O5 retirement pay plus that GS salary makes a $1M retirement kicker a little underwhelming.  And that's before considering contractor pay options.

The math is similar for o6 to o7.  GS15 on top of retired o6 pay ain't bad.

ETA -- while there is a floor for performance and certain jobs that have to be raced through for G/FO, a lot of it is who is most willing to put up with bullshit for the longest.  It's more of an endurance contest than anything else.  Which isn't necessarily going to give you the talent you need to make good decisions.
View Quote

The solution is to end retirement for generals. You can apply for the inactive list but you get paid either way and you aren’t allowed to have a second job unless you resign your commission and step off the gravy train.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Globalists will have their way with us...hence massive illegal alien invasion from criminal cartels and terrorist nations...
Move to disarm police and let violent criminals out of jail if any jail time at all for them...

It's a concerted effort to destroy us...all our institutions...the military being a necessary one for them to destroy...from the inside out...which makes conquering from without that much easier.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Globalists will have their way with us...hence massive illegal alien invasion from criminal cartels and terrorist nations...
Move to disarm police and let violent criminals out of jail if any jail time at all for them...

It's a concerted effort to destroy us...all our institutions...the military being a necessary one for them to destroy...from the inside out...which makes conquering from without that much easier.
View Quote

So getting the right to give up the military was just a giant psyop they were stupid enough to fall for?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Big Army has been DoD's Leadership's colostomy bag for a lot longer than pop culture's approval of fish eaters LARP'ing as parents

https://64.media.tumblr.com/097688b3a4e838e4114f42bb40f21125/cad82b2195c78697-d0/s540x810/4bee7944bbc8f4209d01d3db5de1c44c99a97124.png
View Quote

That guys ribbons being so askew bothers me more than his dog mask. I know you can get them straight on the hanger and then they shift when you put them on, but not that much.

Plus he appears to be a weekend warrior, so these eccentricities are to be expected.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Here’s an ironic observation:

My son enlisted USAF. HS grad +college credits, physically fit, no moral waivers (did need a routine medical waiver), top ASVAB scores. Perfect candidate.

When we went to recruiters, the level of “give-a-fuck” and motivation by the recruiters was laughable. Bankers hours. Very little effort to sell or gain and maintain interest of a potential recruit. I was floored. I would have thought the branches were over strength.

Compared to when I enlisted in mid 90’s during the drawdown, my recruiter seemingly worked 24/7 we had weekly DEP meetings and recruits had to attend PT at least once per month.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
the merican draft for WWIII is gonna be epic.
View Quote

The draft is not constitutional under the 13th amendment
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My son enlisted USAF. HS grad +college credits, physically fit, no moral waivers (did need a routine medical waiver), top ASVAB scores. Perfect candidate.

When we went to recruiters, the level of “give-a-fuck” and motivation by the recruiters was laughable. Bankers hours. Very little effort to sell or gain and maintain interest of a potential recruit. I was floored. I would have thought the branches were over strength.

Compared to when I enlisted in mid 90’s during the drawdown, my recruiter seemingly worked 24/7 we had weekly DEP meetings and recruits had to attend PT at least once per month.
View Quote

Morale is low, but that's probably not the problem there.

I've seen recruiting stations like that and that's usually a station with bad leadership or they easily meet their numbers and aren't too concerned with pushing recruits in (or a combination of both). I'm sure an actual recruiter will probably come in and correct me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#22]
A lot of people in my HS class were diswayed from joining the Army by friends who were a year or two older during the Clinton drawdown, when they cane back on leave after a year or two in. I foresee this happening again with all the media stories.

These guys weren’t cooks, all combat arms.

All my friends who have gotten out in the last few years have told their kids not to join.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That guys ribbons being so askew bothers me more than his dog mask. I know you can get them straight on the hanger and then they shift when you put them on, but not that much.

Plus he appears to be a weekend warrior, so these eccentricities are to be expected
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/097688b3a4e838e4114f42bb40f21125/cad82b2195c78697-d0/s540x810/4bee7944bbc8f4209d01d3db5de1c44c99a97124.png

Plus he appears to be a weekend warrior, so these eccentricities are to be expected

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
i'm okay with everyone in merica save for heterosexual conservative white males and hot young thin babes aged 18-25 being drafted for WWIII.

fuck 'em.
View Quote

This. Also send the GD billy badasses to the front lines.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
first in, last out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#26]
LoL!

U.S. military can fuck off.
The ranks are filled with treasonous people who would rather shoot traditional patriotic Americans, than  enemy soldiers.

The rot started with GWOT veterans.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
LoL!

The ranks are filled with treasonous people who would rather shoot traditional patriotic Americans, than  enemy soldiers.

View Quote

Lol ?? OK Dude
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

first in, last out.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/planet-of-the-apes-charlton-heston-992.gif

Say what?

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LoL!

View Quote

Oh man.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
LoL!

View Quote

GWOT veterans: Get some! Get some! Get some!

GD: How can you shoot traditional patriotic Americans?

GWOT veterans: It’s easy, just don’t lead ‘em as much!

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Don’t think veterans are the problem.
But as our military is defending every fucking border but its own (mine), I have no desire to give it any more money or resources.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They fucked themselves when they mandated the clot shot, and when they went woke. It will be a long time before they recover from those two epic fuck ups.
View Quote

This ^^

kwg
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:33:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Like I said, I knew it wouldn’t be popular.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Lol

Yes. That's what's wrong with the US Army. Generals aren't being paid enough.

Like I said, I knew it wouldn’t be popular.

Ok, the main manpower problem for the Army is not enough young, enlisted recruits.

Dude, of all the reasons young people aren't signing up to join the military, where would you guess the pay of General officers ranks? The white, southern kid just now graduating high school, deciding whether to join or not. You think that the pay of Generals goes into their thinking?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Everyone asks what the women & minorities & lgbrqwtfbbq wants, but things won't improve until they ask what red blooded patriotic men want.

Ask the [s]Boy[s] Scouts
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Self inflicted gunshot wound.  Ahaha.

Fuck em.

Fuck Milley.  Fuck Austin.  Fuck Warmuth.  Especially.

Fuck em again.

Untold man-hours were spent figuring out how to rename bases for the most PC optics.  Imagine how many senior level briefings, pre-briefings, PowerPoints, etc until those decisions were finally made.  Then every fucking website, evey map, every plaque, ever building, down to every fucking business card had to get changed.  Imagine the organizational energy required to get that done.  Now picture an already overworked force trying to do it with less people.  And leaders gleefully clapping like seals to get it done.  Not one of them pushed back and said we have much bigger problems than your PC bullshit.

Nobody in HRC or recruiting command pushed back on that, "Emma and her two moms" recruiting video with a common sense. "HEY THIS IS A BAD IDEA AND WE WILL BE LAUGHED AT AND WILL FUCK RECRUITMENT".  No.  Again, those senior leaders clapped like fucking seals hoping to get a promotion.  All of them slurped down that diversity cock and stood proudly at the 4th mandatory transgender awareness training.  The Brigade and Division commanders reported their stats at a quarterly report and pretended they weren't leaking like a sieve.  

Now they wanna do a backflip and restructure for emerging threats that we saw coming 8 years ago?  Oh and there is a overall force capacity requirement that won't let you simply draw down your total number to hide the recruiting shortages AGAIN?  

Well how about you shut the fuck up and press the accelerator pedal on this DEI social experiment instead of pretending to be a warfighting organization.

In short, TLDR, fuck the Army and these seal clapping senior leaders.  They dont have time to restructure when there is EQUITY to be had.  And if they absolutely have to they should throw your best female POC at the problem.  They'll sort it right out!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LoL!

That and now they're fatter. So there really is no lead.

Because they're fat.

Because they don't move.

Because they're fat.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#37]
If it was my call, I’d increase standards and pay, shrinking the Army even more. Why do we need a massive Army again? It’s not supposed to be a jobs program.

If general officers want pay closer to civilians, then they’ll have to produce results or be fired. Not sure much of the current crop would stick around to enjoy the higher paychecks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#38]
The military’s golden goose was well intentioned young white men who wanted to believe in a transcendental American goodness. When you black pill that demographic you done goofed up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well, they will have to draft their useful idiots to get the job done. Oh, don't forget the trannies and feminists in the mixed infantry brigades. I'm sure the Chins and Russies will have much mercy on them.
View Quote

well i doubt those people would Actually be fighters...more staff and command officers i would think due to their privileged status  

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#40]
All is well

Austin & Brown Reassure Adam Smith About 'Positive Trend' In Military Recruiting & Retention
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

well i doubt those people would Actually be fighters...more staff and command officers i would think due to their privileged status  

View Quote

Trannies on hormones or post-op aren't deployable, so they if they were in a combat brigade, they won't be in a deployable battalion or company except in a rear-D role. Most likely, they'll be held at brigade in one of the S-shops to fuck up peoples' paperwork.

The feminists will end up at Headquarters units because of a stack of negative counselings detailing their failure to keep up on unit runs or road marches.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
For those that haven't seen it, take a gander at the dumpster fire that is r/army for an inside look at the recruiting/retention crisis.

https://www.reddit.com/r/army
View Quote

The thread about this bottle is pretty funny.

Attachment Attached File

Class 6 is getting pricey these days

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

When we went to recruiters, the level of “give-a-fuck” and motivation by the recruiters was laughable. Bankers hours. Very little effort to sell or gain and maintain interest of a potential recruit.
View Quote

That's been air force recruiters for the last 30 years.

Walk in market for those that want to avoid the dirty jobs.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Don't worry, Joe Biden will deputize all illegals invaders, arm them to force the American people to comply to the new Draft to defend "Democracy" against Russia and China.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I just can't see many people being willing to sign up to be the tip of the spear for imposing high tech feudalism on the world.

This also applies to police forces who are having similar issues.

I wonder if the various 3 letter agencies are having issues as well? Or are they paying more or offering perks like all the underage sex slaves you can handle in some billionaires dungeon?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody wants to fight for a corrupt shit bag

I just can't see many people being willing to sign up to be the tip of the spear for imposing high tech feudalism on the world.

This also applies to police forces who are having similar issues.

I wonder if the various 3 letter agencies are having issues as well? Or are they paying more or offering perks like all the underage sex slaves you can handle in some billionaires dungeon?

All of the primary motivations of fighting for your country have been stripped away.

Fight for your God/Moral beliefs? Government condemns that now, and actively sends FBI agents to spy on congregations and harasses believers.
Fight for family? Our trade, immigrant, and labor policies have all worked in concert to devalue human labor so no one can afford to start a family.
Fight for your home? What home? No one can afford a home. Besides, Our government openly props up movements that insists America is no longer our home if we're white.
Fight for your freedom? Our Government wants us to just be blind followers of their own regime. The mask has come off, and we know our leaders are every bit as evil as the people they insist are despotic.

They're literally just asking you to die to make their friends richer and make themselves more powerful.
Fuck fighting for GloboHomo
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

All of the primary motivations of fighting for your country have been stripped away.

Fight for your God/Moral beliefs? Government condemns that now, and actively sends FBI agents to spy on congregations and harasses believers.
Fight for family? Our trade, immigrant, and labor policies have all worked in concert to devalue human labor so no one can afford to start a family.
Fight for your home? What home?
Fight for your freedom? Our Government wants us to just be blind followers of their own regime. The mask has come off, and we know our leaders are every bit as evil as the people they insist are despotic.

They're literally just asking you to die to make their friends richer and make themselves more powerful.
View Quote

Damn, you should probably move then.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And go where?
The whole world sucks.

And please, explain to me where my reasoning is wrong.
Even Montana is now taking kids out of people's homes, because their parents refuse to buy into transgender ideology bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And go where?
The whole world sucks.

Even Montana is now taking kids out of people's homes, because their parents refuse to buy into transgender ideology bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And go where?
The whole world sucks.

Welp. Best to just give up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

but he's a patriot
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought ads about having two moms and changing the names of Confederate bases was the ticket to success

Being retired this dog mask shit as a O6 pisses me off... WTF that most likely is a war college graduate. Fuck.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top