Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to see their graduation ceremonies.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#2]
In this thread - a few realists, a few people with their head in the clouds, and...

A bunch of people that are thinking along the right lines, but are afraid to say it because of the implications, so they say "culture" instead of "race"
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a better solution.  Stop trying to educate these idiots.  Private schools will not do any better.  There is no logical solution to this problem other than just stop trying to fix it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#4]
A cousin of mine was the valedictorian of her high school graduating class.

I was tutoring her in physics her senior year and she couldn't do pretty basic algebra as #1 in her class by some margin .
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people. I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like that to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're probably very proficient converting ounces to grams and mental vig calculations.
View Quote

RIP Wallace :-(
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Being able to do math is "acting white" and is frowned upon.
View Quote
I never understood why blacks not wanting to act all white was such a bad thing.  In their view, whitey is in charge, so why wouldn't you want to be better than whitey and take charge yourself?  I know why, its because certain elements in the black community LIKE their people downtrodden and oppressed, 'cuz it means guaranteed Democrat votes.  Plus they get to act as power brokers, with prestige and money.  Otherwise they'd have to get a real job.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They will just redefine "proficient' downward until everyone is proficient.  It's the liberal/Democratic Way.
View Quote
They'll call it "no school left behind."
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I guess the only purpose of schools in Baltimore is child care.
View Quote
The primary purpose of most public schools in urban areas is simply warehousing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This going to touch a nerve. Much like the Captain of a naval vessel, a parent is ultimately responsible for their children's upbringing.
View Quote
Give the guy a break. As far as he knows there was no problem because the teacher was putting misleading and false grades on the homework. I never would have thought the homework with a grade on it had a bullshit grade. Let a test or two go past as flukes and next thing you know it is a real problem.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The primary purpose of most public schools in urban areas is simply warehousing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And indoctrination
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#12]
There is no fixing this.

You should identify the handful of students capable of something better, send them to the real schools, and discharge the rest after 8th grade or so. Sitting them down in a brick building and calling it education is a waste of everyone's time. They don't care about math, Shakespeare or Roman history.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like several people need to be fired.
View Quote
North Avenue (The Taj Mahal where the city schools are administered) needs an enema and a force reduction of 50%.
That place is the inverted pyramid.

Baltimore city needs more abortions, like 100%.  Maybe then the problem will get solved.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
North Avenue (The Taj Mahal where the city schools are administered) needs an enema and a force reduction of 50%.

Baltimore city needs more abortions, like 100%.  Maybe then the problem will get solved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like several people need to be fired.

Absolutely true.  A huge percentage of Baltimore city's educational budget goes to mid-level employees on North Avenue who literally do nothing all day.

The jobs are handed out by the teachers union as a perk to former city teachers after they have spent 10 to 15 years in the classroom (if they survive).
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They will just redefine "proficient' downward until everyone is proficient.  It's the liberal/Democratic Way.
View Quote
I think they hit bottom, and they still didn't pass.

The good news is, they can't read either (neither can their parents), so they will never read the report and feel bad about themselves.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
And graduating Democrat voters.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#18]
It's the schools AND the students AND the parents in the deadly embrace or mutual reinforcement and validation.  A cultural death spiral.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's a cultural issue.  It's cliche, but education begins at home and without a mother and/or father that values education and encourages their children to learn, those kids will never be proficient.

I'm sure some of the teachers are terrible, but the best teacher in the world can't teach a student that doesn't want to learn and sees no value in education.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Despite spending more per pupil than most districts in the country, you have idiots. Is it time to close public schools and get rid of teacher unions and go a private route in Baltimore?
It's a cultural issue.  It's cliche, but education begins at home and without a mother and/or father that values education and encourages their children to learn, those kids will never be proficient.

I'm sure some of the teachers are terrible, but the best teacher in the world can't teach a student that doesn't want to learn and sees no value in education.
As a teacher, you are 100% correct.

This has nothing to do with money, policy, teachers, etc..... If the students don't want to learn and see no value, they won't learn.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Math is racist. It was created by the white man to keep black people in poverty. People of color should no longer be required to learn math.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't need no maths or reading when you got basketball or football or rapping as career path s
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd love to see their graduation ceremonies.
View Quote
Just walk around the hood on a Sat night. Same environment, same behavior. Both are zoos...........
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#23]
We may never know the real reason for B-mo’s inefficiency in math.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#24]
I have to admit that I cannot do this new math crap either.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In this thread - a few realists, a few people with their head in the clouds, and...

A bunch of people that are thinking along the right lines, but are afraid to say it because of the implications, so they say "culture" instead of "race"
View Quote
I call BS. I deal with plenty of white students with the same "don't care" attitude.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I call BS. I deal with plenty of white students with the same "don't care" attitude.
View Quote
I deal with plenty of white students who do poorly as well.  However, as a percentage I would say ~20% (maybe less)  of white kids just don’t care.

Conversely, I would say 80% or more of black kids don’t care, and a large percentage of those are actually hostile to learning.

Culture is definitely important, as the ghetto white kids are often the same ones who do poorly.  But culture has a racial component.  It does not exist in a vacuum.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Don't need no maths or reading when you got basketball or football or rapping as career path s
View Quote
If you can't count, understand a balance sheet, or read a contract, your agent will fuck you and steal all your money when you go pro.

Kharn
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top