User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Uh-huh. I am sure all the oranges just changed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the avocados will start to taste better, if we get them from other regions.  Avocados seem to have gotten really flavorless over the last few years.

A lot of fruits have. I can't find a good orange to save my life.

Until last year, I don't think I had ever tasted a bad orange.

Its like there is a virus that can affect the sense of taste...

I never had "the virus" until a few weeks ago. This has been going on for well over a year. And everyone in the house agrees their all bad, too.

I literally only snack on cashews and oranges. That's it.

I haven't had a good orange in over a year.

Right ;)  

Oranges come from many places in this world. I wonder what variety he is eating?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Dr. Jean - The Guacamole Song
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Right ;)  

Oranges come from many places in this world. I wonder what variety he is eating?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the avocados will start to taste better, if we get them from other regions.  Avocados seem to have gotten really flavorless over the last few years.

A lot of fruits have. I can't find a good orange to save my life.

Until last year, I don't think I had ever tasted a bad orange.

Its like there is a virus that can affect the sense of taste...

I never had "the virus" until a few weeks ago. This has been going on for well over a year. And everyone in the house agrees their all bad, too.

I literally only snack on cashews and oranges. That's it.

I haven't had a good orange in over a year.

Right ;)  

Any and every variety that HEB carries.

I think it had to do with the winter storm that hit the south, last year.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#5]
California Avocados are the answer.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep. I learned it first hand as well.

Had another friend who tried to start an olive oil company using olives grown in the Czech Republic.

Had to give up after Italian and Greek mafia families burned his property on multiple occasions, stole his trucks, and tried to kill him twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my former employees was from Mexico. He went home to check on the house he was having built for his mom and said he saw more cartel activity than normal. Apparently there are a bunch of avocado farms there and a rival cartel had recently taken them over. I had no clue this was a thing.
I only recently learned about this, via y myoutube feed. Small area in mexico some Avacado farmers formed up their own militia to protect their farms. Control the roads in and out, protect their deliveries etc. Also heard that some vegans/vegetarians refuse to eat avacados like people don't want conflict diamonds.
Talked to a contractor who is from Mexico last week and he told similar stories to me.  I had no idea.  Also bought some Avacados this past Sunday

Yep. I learned it first hand as well.

Had another friend who tried to start an olive oil company using olives grown in the Czech Republic.

Had to give up after Italian and Greek mafia families burned his property on multiple occasions, stole his trucks, and tried to kill him twice.

Olives dont grow in Czechia, Olea wouldnt survive in winter. Moreover, property burned by maffia would make headlines for weeks, months even... and that didnt happen.
Didnt you mean Croatia?

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Plenty at my local Kroger's from Mexico.
Guess they were smuggled in
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fun fact. All avocados are conflict fruit.

The cartels have that entire industry on lockdown. And yes that extends to US growers in California.

One of the most fucking corrupt industries in the world.

Olive oil is similarly controlled by organized crime in Europe.
View Quote

If only, kale.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#9]
With the stop in imports of avocados, Im going to have to start buying them from my cocaine dealer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#10]
FPNI

Until next year
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Gee I dunno how about they suspend the drug shipments instead?  I’m pretty sure we grow a metric shit ton of avocados in Southern California. Like the majority of what the country needs.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top