User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is no law. Rule is literally atf saying they were wrong, that braces were stocks the whole time.

Here's food for thought.... you were already playing thier game when you put the brace on. If your going non compliance now, then why didn't you go that route before?
View Quote

I’m disabled with a messed up arm and the brace helps me to fire my pistol.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Gonna lulz when most get denied and now bFATe knows where to knock
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Gonna lulz when most get denied and now bFATe knows where to knock
View Quote
And why are you going to "lulz"?

I hope the Left is as divided as we are, but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So your saying that the brace workaround was not just that a work around to the sbr requirement?
View Quote

Braces are not a "workaround", unless you're one of those that also believes in the "gun show loophole"...

I wanted a pistol, so I built a pistol. If I had wanted an SBR, I would have built an SBR instead.

I do not want an SBR at the moment, even with a free tax stamp.

Please explain to me how intentionally building a pistol instead of an SBR is a "workaround", when a pistol was the desired goal in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Braces are not a "workaround", unless you're one of those that also believes in the "gun show loophole"...

I wanted a pistol, so I built a pistol. If I had wanted an SBR, I would have built an SBR instead.

Please explain to me how intentionally building a pistol instead of an SBR is a "workaround", when a pistol was the desired goal in the first place.
View Quote
Because you put some goofy-but-legal "stabilizing brace" stock on it instead of an illegal normal stock?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Because you put some goofy-but-legal "stabilizing brace" stock on it instead of an illegal normal stock?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem to be missing the fact that I didn't want a normal stock, and still don't. I wanted a pistol, so I built a pistol.

I built a pistol for a reason, and it has absolutely nothing to do with stocks or braces.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

By your logic I'm supposed to pay a tax for prosthetics for my service connected disabilities.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Stephen Stamboulieh a Second Amendment Attorney-at-Law

Said he talked to ATF at Shot Show. No idea the facts around it all.. just sharing.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

By your logic I'm supposed to pay a tax for prosthetics for my service connected disabilities.

https://c.tenor.com/E3WCe-24PIsAAAAd/obama-why.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://c.tenor.com/E3WCe-24PIsAAAAd/obama-why.gif
It’s not my logic, but he did ask how braces are a “work-around”.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stephen Stamboulieh a Second Amendment Attorney-at-Law

Said he talked to ATF at Shot Show. No idea the facts around it all.. just sharing.

https://i.imgur.com/JFkuvEr.png

View Quote
That's not really helpful without a lot of additional context.

First off, not sure why a Form 1 would be "rejected" other than the typical reasons:
- missing a required field
- forgot to sign it
- incorrect data entered (wrong make/model/manufacturer, etc)
- missing fingerprints
- missing photo
- missing other data (trust, articles of incorporation, etc)
- SBR is not legal in your state
- didn't pass BG check
- prohibited possessor
- etc...

Outside of situations like those, all Form 1's for SBR's are approved by the ATF.  

- What does "enforcement action" mean?  A certified letter explaining why it was disapproved and wanting you to inform them via certification of what you did with the [now] SBR?
- Show up at your house and ask for the firearm?
- Scare tactic?
- Misunderstanding of what was said?
- Are they suggesting you only get one attempt at filing the amnesty eForm 1 (since you wouldn't get an approved or disapproved notice until likely 6-12 months later) and if a mistake is made, too bad?

Just odd for NoLo to post that without any additional information around it.

https://twitter.com/Stambo2A/status/1616134162586689537

EDITED TO ADD: I just found this where he expounds a bit on his twitter comment above:

BREAKING ATF NEWS! Gun Owners of America Uncovers Fatal Flaw In Pistol Brace Rule...IT'S A TRAP!!!

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And why are you going to "lulz"?

I hope the Left is as divided as we are, but I doubt it.
View Quote

Swarming for free cheese but it's actually bait. Dont eat mousetrap cheese.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm going to register a .22 as an sbr as long as its free. Never felt right paying $200 for a fuckin .22. They're going to fuck our freedoms regardless of my NFA collection or not. I am not introducing anything to the system in terms of compliance that I haven't already been complying with. Those of you who have no NFA items will obviously feel differently and I encourage your resistance to tyranny.

I got no dog in this fight. I have fuckin tons of NFA shit already and pretty sure my post habits on social media and IRL training, networking, etc has me on several lists many times over. I would rather not get hemmed up on a bullshit law just so they can more easily coerce me into informing on other patriots. It's like driving with a tail light out while you're committing other crimes, its just stupid.

I'll take a free stamp from the dumb cunts because "Man with 10 legally owned SBRs goes to jail for 11th unregistered SBR" sounds like a pretty fuckin stupid headline. Anyone who feels like not complying is doing good work though, there's millions of people who will be doing the lords work and I hope they give the ATF hell. But for me, that ship sailed many thousands of dollars in cuck-stamps ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. NOTHING from the government is free. You’re a fool if you think so and that this won’t bite our 2A freedoms in the ass.

I'm going to register a .22 as an sbr as long as its free. Never felt right paying $200 for a fuckin .22. They're going to fuck our freedoms regardless of my NFA collection or not. I am not introducing anything to the system in terms of compliance that I haven't already been complying with. Those of you who have no NFA items will obviously feel differently and I encourage your resistance to tyranny.

I got no dog in this fight. I have fuckin tons of NFA shit already and pretty sure my post habits on social media and IRL training, networking, etc has me on several lists many times over. I would rather not get hemmed up on a bullshit law just so they can more easily coerce me into informing on other patriots. It's like driving with a tail light out while you're committing other crimes, its just stupid.

I'll take a free stamp from the dumb cunts because "Man with 10 legally owned SBRs goes to jail for 11th unregistered SBR" sounds like a pretty fuckin stupid headline. Anyone who feels like not complying is doing good work though, there's millions of people who will be doing the lords work and I hope they give the ATF hell. But for me, that ship sailed many thousands of dollars in cuck-stamps ago.

In your specific case that seems reasonable.  

Thank you for recognizing the rest of aren't in that position.
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top