BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe so, but form 1 threads didn't turn into 8 page discussions about compliance until now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not going to articulate what I do on a public forum regarding all this but I'm just curious where all these "do not comply!" people were in all the form 1, SBR, and suppressor threads before this?

Some of us don't have any of those things.

Maybe so, but form 1 threads didn't turn into 8 page discussions about compliance until now.

I wasn't threatened before this. That has changed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So are you going to keep your braced pistols in their configuration while you apply for registration?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want me to analyze every state's SBR laws and let you know how those laws will work with the BATF FAQ??? LOL!!

No.

How does ATF declare non-enforcement of a federal felony via a FAQ on the internet when they have aggressively enforced it in the past?

I am not a spokesperson for the BATF. You should direct those questions to the BATF.

So are you going to keep your braced pistols in their configuration while you apply for registration?

I am not falling for your tricks, Mr. Agent Man. You be glowin  
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm wondering how many of the "will not comply" folks were the ones carrying a copy of the ATF letter along with their overpriced piece of plastic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm wondering how many of the "will not comply" folks were the ones carrying a copy of the ATF letter along with their overpriced piece of plastic.
View Quote

Negative.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It’s interesting that the fbatf denies form 1 suppressors made from solvent trap because they say the parts are already suppressors and therefore illegal, but your braced pistol is okey dokie as an unregistered sbr until your stamp comes in.

View Quote

Basically, they should have sold several million solvent traps.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Geez OP,  did you wait overnight in a line so you could be first to register?

And from Texas ? You should be ashamed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I am not a spokesperson for the BATF. You should direct those questions to the BATF.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

If that dude isn’t a glowie, Maegan Hall is a virgin
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is no where near true.  Some just like to tell themselves that to justify their actions (registration).

Funny, a group of people seem to say that braces are work-arounds to SBR's, then turn around and say that braces owners are complying anyway.  Logically, that makes no sense.   How can you use a work-around, yet comply at the same time?   (Folks conflate SBR with NFA)
Braces are not a work-around to SBR's because pistol laws are >>>>>>>>SBR laws.

Are 80% lowers a "work around" to 4473's, but anyone that does not drill a 3rd hole is complying anyway?

It is basically reductio ad absurdum at work.   If brace people are somehow complying, then every LEGAL gun owner by definition is complying.  The only way to NOT comply would be to own something illegal.....PUBLICLY.   If you don't have an unregistered silencer on your firearm, you are "complying".  

Yeah, it is a stupid argument pushed by folks that are mad that braces and 80% lowers and 3D lowers are becoming a thing, and no one gives a shit about how many "stamps" they have.
View Quote

This stamp owner loves seeing loophole (characteristic of the law) “compliance”, especially for those that need it due to local laws, frequent unplanned interstate travel, or just a healthy desire for spontaneity or privacy.  An earlier loophole-screeching example was trust registration, that helped the suppressor market break through to a common-man accessory in states where cans were legal, but local CLEOs were gate keepers.  

The more the merrier.  Keep your head down, your gun drawn, and ride in the middle of the (biggest) posse. Problem is once something becomes popular, rubbed in their regulator noses, or hits the Nancy boys in the media, the hysteresis loop spins up.  The gun control clits are buzzing like an FRT trigger over smacking down gun loving Neanderthals on anything.  Today it’s the pistol brace shell game final round to the grand prize.  Let’s see who gets voted off the island.  

Progressivism is the fear that somebody, somewhere, is doing something as a free agent without oversight.  It’s amazing how many conservative gun owners have progressive black boot polish on their tongues. I have stamps because it’s cheap, stay out of jail insurance that’s available, but it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg if someone else wants to take their chance with their choice and their risk tolerance. If braced pistols go away my impact will be minimal, but I’m not fine with it. We all hang together if the left gets their way.

It’s sad that gun people can’t flesh out a strategy/argument without drawing up sides.  The noise to signal in these threads are deafening. When braced pistols get harassed into no longer being openly marketed, we all lose choice, economy of scale, and visible, everyday, out-of-the-closet use of practically sized guns.  We focus on our individual impacts but the action is in the market reaction.

I recommend every one with a stamped SBR put a brace on it for forthcoming public shooting and troll the fuck out of range Nazis, hall monitors, and every cunt who thinks his unsolicited fuddsplaining is an original thought.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It’s interesting that the fbatf denies form 1 suppressors made from solvent trap because they say the parts are already suppressors and therefore illegal, but your braced pistol is okey dokie as an unregistered sbr until your stamp comes in.

View Quote

It's like a textbook definition of "arbitrary and capricious".
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-97.gif

We should place bets.  My money is on the douche on the far left.  He looks like a "bro" kinda guy.

https://preview.redd.it/3vu7b4lr7do71.jpg?auto=webp&s=a76a59b0ffa3ac90acb1b0c6a25ad3f3677af0b6

View Quote

Or if not the one guy you picked, it would be the one far right that is cut off on the picture but you can see he is using his phone to post onto this website most likely. The balls of these agents though lately, they come in here as obvious as can be to post threads.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What's the caloric value of kiwi boot polish?

Do you supplement with aft agent's jizz?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's one option, and it could get you a few years in prison, and cost you $50,000 to $100,000 to defend yourself in court. Some of us have a lot to lose. I didn't work my whole life so I could go to prison and have my life savings wiped out. If you got nothing to lose, no savings in the bank, no homeownership, no job, no family, then by all means proceed with not registering shit.

What's the caloric value of kiwi boot polish?

Do you supplement with aft agent's jizz?

Hahahahaha ok that literally made me laugh out loud! I don’t comment too much, but fuck me that got me laughing and on a subject like this, thanks for that.

FWIW, I agree with the option you laid out prior to this.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Fingerprints should be required to vote.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I always hear and read this “will not comply” but I’ll be damned here we are and folks are well, complying.
View Quote

It's almost as if a message board with tens of thousands of members will be full of different opinions and actions.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd settle for a 4473 + NICS.  Treat the right to vote like RKBA and see how badly the liberals bitch about it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'd settle for a 4473 + NICS.  Treat the right to vote like RKBA and see how badly the liberals bitch about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this would make me very very happy!
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I e-filed an amnesty Form 1 today for a braced AR15 pistol to register it as an SBR. I filed as an Individual. After I completed the application, I got an email from the BATF saying I need to send in 2 fingerprint cards within 10 days. How do I get these fingerprints done?

Also wanted to let you guys know all they ask for is a selfie picture of the applicant, and a picture of the markings on the receiver (not the gun showing the brace).

View Quote
  this is the moment when you should ask yourself..do I really want to go through with this?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I e-filed an amnesty Form 1 today for a braced AR15 pistol to register it as an SBR. I filed as an Individual. After I completed the application, I got an email from the BATF saying I need to send in 2 fingerprint cards within 10 days. How do I get these fingerprints done?

Also wanted to let you guys know all they ask for is a selfie picture of the applicant, and a picture of the markings on the receiver (not the gun showing the brace).

View Quote

Just hold your middle finger up to your camera and they will be able to get it
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's almost as if a message board with tens of thousands of members will be full of different opinions and actions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always hear and read this “will not comply” but I’ll be damned here we are and folks are well, complying.

@Towely

Because it sounds great, and kinda moto, when you're in a forum with people who think similarly. Then you realize none of them will form up with you on Lexington and Concord Green, because they have jobs, and children, and lives they aren't willing to risk.

Then you realize you're just alone, getting fucked over by the country you served faithfully.

Edit: autocorrect
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#21]
ignoreing the hatera.  order some cards and ink off of amazon.  do them youraelf  and send them in to the address.  
All the haters here never did that for tgeir sbrs and suppressors so they dont know how.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ignoreing the hatera.  order some cards and ink off of amazon.  do them youraelf  and send them in to the address.  
All the haters here never did that for tgeir sbrs and suppressors so they dont know how.
View Quote

Really? Silencer Shop has a nice little kiosk that makes getting suppressors pretty easy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 4:59:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Ouch
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 5:12:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Everyone who put a brace on a pistol was already complying, that was the whole point of the brace.

Whole lot of tough guys in GD who complied with literally every part of the NFA but now think taking braces away should be everyone else’s hill to die on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
May your chains rest lightly.

Everyone who put a brace on a pistol was already complying, that was the whole point of the brace.

Whole lot of tough guys in GD who complied with literally every part of the NFA but now think taking braces away should be everyone else’s hill to die on.

There's a whole lot of dumb guys who can't seem to wrap their head around the differences between complying with existing laws and something being made illegal after you own it then being forced to register your firearms or become a felon because feelz. All the other laws already existed and if I recall correctly, repeal the NFA and other 2nd infringement laws have been statements made around here from before I became a member.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Convert all your rifles to SBR and then your state bans SBRs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:19:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The prospect of letting the ATF cuck you got you so excited that you couldn’t even bother to educate yourself on how to file a form 1?

Pathetic
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't like the abuse of power coming from our government today. Corrupt Obama loyalists are imbedded throughout our police and judicial, and they have weaponized the govt against the people.  

Sadly, in the end the corrupt DOJ will support the BATF and this rule will be enforceable under federal law, and anyone that didn't register within 120 days will be a felon. All of those felons are now low hanging fruit for the DOJ to arrest and prosecute. Imagine going up against the Biden DOJ for a gun crime being a conservative. They are going to destroy your life. You will lose your job and your family will be destroyed. You will have to spend $50-$100K defending yourself. And regardless of the fact you're just a good honest guy having fun with an illegal SBR, you're going to federal prison for 3-4 years.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't like the abuse of power coming from our government today. Corrupt Obama loyalists are imbedded throughout our police and judicial, and they have weaponized the govt against the people.  

Sadly, in the end the corrupt DOJ will support the BATF and this rule will be enforceable under federal law, and anyone that didn't register within 120 days will be a felon. All of those felons are now low hanging fruit for the DOJ to arrest and prosecute. Imagine going up against the Biden DOJ for a gun crime being a conservative. They are going to destroy your life. You will lose your job and your family will be destroyed. You will have to spend $50-$100K defending yourself. And regardless of the fact you're just a good honest guy having fun with an illegal SBR, you're going to federal prison for 3-4 years.
View Quote

There is at least one person who has contacted gun rights lawyers and organizations and volunteered to be a test case.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#29]
We need a sub for this mess
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

So everyone knows the players, ATF is part of the DOJ. Started as part of Treasury, but got moved to DOJ in 2003.

If you’ll look at the rule, it was signed by the AG.  The AG heads up the DOJ.  Blame Garland and be thankful the Senate never took up his nomination for the Supreme Court. He has shown himself to be nothing but a political hack.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Selling free stamps wasn't working, so you had to switch to fearmongering?

What a joke!
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#32]
So ATF did essentially the same thing in 1968 and allowed people to register MACHINEGUNS they had in their possession that were not registered previously.  That affected considerably fewer people and would have been much easier for the ATF to go after those people using the amnesty registration as a sting (like a lot of people are alleging that this brace/SBR registration is).  How'd that one turn out?

What You Didn't Know About the 1968 Machine Gun Amnesty

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What a joke!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a joke!

Name one thing I said that isn't true. I am a realist and this is what happens when you get caught. No BS. If you want to risk it, go for it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So ATF did essentially the same thing in 1968 and allowed people to register MACHINEGUNS they had in their possession that were not registered previously.  That affected considerably fewer people and would have been much easier for the ATF to go after those people using the amnesty registration as a sting (like a lot of people are alleging that this brace/SBR registration is).  How'd that one turn out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnoSbLw_7hA
View Quote

Yep. The guys that didn't register ended with a machinegun they have to hide for the rest of their lives, and if they get caught they're going to prison for a few years. The people that did register saw the value of that machinegun go up and up. Vietnam bring back registered AKs are going for $40K and up today. The unregistered machineguns are worth whatever the sum total of parts minus the reviewer will bring.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

No one is going to federal prison. ATF agents may miss holidays should they push but this overreach isn't going to fly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No one is going to federal prison. ATF agents may miss holidays should they push but this overreach isn't going to fly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On this - I will agree.  A manufacturer or dealer might (might).  But no citizen is going to be in prison on a brace alone.  At worst, the gun might be siezed.

Those who switch to a stock, or are engaging in other items, may face different music.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

911 dispatcher gets 21 months in prison for unregistered SBR

The guy was a 911 dispatcher for a police dept and got caught up in a FBI sting. The guy seems like a normal dude and was just having fun with his SBR shooting it on his property. He invited a girl to go shooting with him, and the girl was an undercover FBI agent. No criminal record and got a 21 month prison sentence even though his police buddies vouched for him. So what do you think they'll do to you for an illegal SBR if they put a well regarded 911 dispatcher in prison for 21 months?

The anti 2nd amendment DOJ and anti 2nd amendment judges will destroy you for gun crimes.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/anatomy-of-an-fbi-terrorism-sting-convicting-a-former-911-operator-of-a-national-firearms-act-felony/
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Whats the difference if you register a pistol brace or SBR, fucking GD, sounds like the OP is getting a $200 stamp for nothing, even know this is all bullshit.

How many SBRs do you have registered?  Is that a photo of you kissing?
View Quote

Wow.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yep. The guys that didn't register ended with a machinegun they have to hide for the rest of their lives, and if they get caught they're going to prison for a few years. The people that did register saw the value of that machinegun go up and up. Vietnam bring back registered AKs are going for $40K and up today. The unregistered machineguns are worth whatever the sum total of parts minus the reviewer will bring.
View Quote

But, on machine guns, they said register now or never. With SBRs they are not saying that. Register a SBR now for free or 20 years from now for $200
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The guy was a 911 dispatcher for a police dept and got caught up in a FBI sting. The guy seems like a normal dude and was just having fun with his SBR shooting it on his property. He invited a girl to go shooting with him, and the girl was an undercover FBI agent. No criminal record and got a 21 month prison sentence even though his police buddies vouched for him. So what do you think they'll do to you for an illegal SBR if they put a well regarded 911 dispatcher in prison for 21 months?

The anti 2nd amendment DOJ and anti 2nd amendment judges will destroy you for gun crimes.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/anatomy-of-an-fbi-terrorism-sting-convicting-a-former-911-operator-of-a-national-firearms-act-felony/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it will be the same with armbraces (willful criminal intent), but sure - if your point is that the shittalkers are playing a more dangerous game than discretion would advise, you get no disagreement from me.  

Also, odd story.   How does one get hot FBI agents seducing you, and then going to the gun range to shoot your guns with you?  Is there a form for that shit??
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

But, on machine guns, they said register now or never. With SBRs they are not saying that. Register a SBR now for free or 20 years from now for $200
View Quote

Don't register your braced pistol within 120 days and you are in possession of an unregistered SBR, unless you remove/dispose of the brace

Not even an SOT can register "contraband"
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Also, odd story.   How does one get hot FBI agents seducing you, and then going to the gun range to shoot your guns with you?  Is there a form for that shit??
View Quote

This!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#43]
i always thought braces looked like shit, i always did SBR.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#44]
where was his brace ?

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Are we handing in ARs yet??
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#46]
no just braces.

Quoted:
Are we handing in ARs yet??
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you volunteer that you have a SBR, for the eventual AWB and confiscation?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 12 tax stamps. The BATF already knows that I have SBRs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I doubt it will be the same with armbraces (willful criminal intent), but sure - if your point is that the shittalkers are playing a more dangerous game than discretion would advise, you get no disagreement from me.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly! It is a dangerous game! The Biden administration has clearly stated numerous times that they are going after gun crimes. They also said numerous times that white Trump supporters are the greatest threat to democracy. You do the math on how it ends up when a white conservative is caught with an illegal gun.

Also the DOJ loves to put White people in prison, because it makes their "racist" Black incarceration rate not look as bad. The DOJ takes a lot of heat from the race baiters about the high percentage of Black people in federal prisons.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.  You could register a MG any time up until 1986.  It was simply "free" to do it during the 1968 amnesty - no questions asked.  But they could have registered a MG in 1969, 1970, 1971, etc...  and just paid the $200.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top