Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 130
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But you can't have big guys either.  To have a hatch that AJ would fit through, you'd basically need to make a convertible out of the tank.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Norway too
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3UfBqU0xbeI/maxresdefault.jpg
https://www.defesanet.com.br/site/upload/news_image/2017/02/34716.jpg

Truth is everything on a tank is heavy and all the work requires a lot of physical strength. Small male crewmen suck because they have a harder time putting their ass into the work, and so women would make tank life even harder than it already is, but that's a double entendre and you can take that both ways

Like she would

But you can't have big guys either.  To have a hatch that AJ would fit through, you'd basically need to make a convertible out of the tank.
But yeah, manlet crewmen suck
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes, the IDF has female tankers

Yes, I am jealous and sad that we don't
https://static.timesofisrael.com/www/uploads/2018/06/1_2_1-1024x640.jpg
View Quote

So……

What’s the terminology for the train they pull on the TC?
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It has more to do with free time and prioritizing it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have several bikes that are gather dust
You should lobby the city to put a bike lane in your house.

Shoot more. Priority number 1

I found this old girl laying around today and decided that starting tomorrow morning I'm getting back into AK irons like we used to do religiously

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So

What's the terminology for the train they pull on the TC?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So

Guidons, Guidons, Guidons! Move to and occupy objective Tango Charlie. Move. Move now
Black Six Out

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:00:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I failed you guys with the batch I sent out this year

So weak
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Skipping the rest
Well shit

I spent like 11 posts talking about how cool you are and the things you have said in 24/365 threads that have made me realize that you have valuable insight that makes a difference to me

https://c.tenor.com/FWf9XJAeA-IAAAAM/accurate-id4.gif
True, but the feeling of your monkey sauce going down my throat is ... hot

I failed you guys with the batch I sent out this year

So weak

I guess I’m weak because I thought it was about perfect
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Guidons, Guidons, Guidons! Move to and occupy objective Tango Charlie. Move. Move now
Black Six Out

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So

Black Six Out

That's actually a real command. Guidons is the tanker call sign for all companies under the battalion or brigade commander who is making the Guidons call on the company or battalion command radio freq. Guidon basically means company or battalion commander, typically the unit sizes that have their own unit level flag or pennant

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Norway too

Truth is everything on a tank is heavy and all the work requires a lot of physical strength. Small male crewmen suck because they have a harder time putting their ass into the work, and so women would make tank life even harder than it already is, but that's a double entendre and you can take that both ways

Like she would

That’s just mean

Tell me more
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:02:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Truth is I have strong feelings about the reality of women in the military and the combat arms, but being on a tank is one place where they could probably excel, even if a lot of the routine tasks sucked or took way longer. It would be a risk in combat if shit went south and you had to break track under a time crunch because Ivan was about to overrun your position, but stuff like that isn't common. There would be downsides but overall I think for a real fighting crew they could probably do it right, as much as any crew with the right training and TC leadership could. Plenty of male crews suck ass as it is and I don't think female crews would be automatically worse

View Quote
I don't disagree.  However, I am not real certain that today's .mil under General "Box O'Donuts" Milley and Secretary Darth Vader will provide the right training and leadership necessary to make things work.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's just mean

Tell me more
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Norway too

Like she would

That's just mean

Tell me more
But there are two hatches on an Abrams. The loaders hatch is pretty big so you can load ammo and take out internal parts like the breach block and hull network box, but fatties fit too
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#11]
If people got slapped every time they said "over and out" there wouldn't be a problem for long.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't disagree.  However, I am not real certain that today's .mil under General "Box O'Donuts" Milley and Secretary Darth Vader will provide the right training and leadership necessary to make things work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Truth is I have strong feelings about the reality of women in the military and the combat arms, but being on a tank is one place where they could probably excel, even if a lot of the routine tasks sucked or took way longer. It would be a risk in combat if shit went south and you had to break track under a time crunch because Ivan was about to overrun your position, but stuff like that isn't common. There would be downsides but overall I think for a real fighting crew they could probably do it right, as much as any crew with the right training and TC leadership could. Plenty of male crews suck ass as it is and I don't think female crews would be automatically worse

Spot on

I have no idea what our modern military can produce and have very little faith any of it is worth a fuck anymore
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:04:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If people got slapped every time they said "over and out" there wouldn't be a problem for long.
View Quote
We got bitched slapped in the early 90s for saying it, it was already retired before I got in in 92
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A weak military is ripe for defeat.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can we say "Hey Bandit, got your ears on? What's the 20 on dem smokies?"
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:09:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure, that's chicken band slang. If u know bandit is on the air, possibly.  But, keep it to one sentence. Lots of simple people.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I found this old girl laying around today and decided that starting tomorrow morning I'm getting back into AK irons like we used to do religiously

https://zenphotos.net/file/Online/SVD/tactical/UW-74rig_SLR105.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have several bikes that are gather dust
You should lobby the city to put a bike lane in your house.

https://zenphotos.net/file/Online/SVD/tactical/UW-74rig_SLR105.JPG
Oh wait I forgot I'm over 50 and wear glasses. The fucking front sight post is bigger than the IPSC target at 100 yards

I should by some optics to make it easier to shoot

And start a website
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:12:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Put the 12.5 together today
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Spot on

I have no idea what our modern military can produce and have very little faith any of it is worth a fuck anymore
View Quote
Still a lot of good folks- handicapped by a system that selects the wrong leadership in general.  Too much to go in-depth here, but I believe the system selects GO/FOs that do well in the imperial court of DC, but not in the field winning wars.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:17:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They just need to synchronize that time of the month with the commie invasion and Ivan would be in big trouble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be all right if you could call AAA to break track for you.

They just need to synchronize that time of the month with the commie invasion and Ivan would be in big trouble.
They aren't alone with that problem

I can assure you that putting 4 guys in the hatch for weeks on end, limited showers, no privacy, inept leadership, broke-dick tanks, infernally hot Ft Hood weather and all that .mil chow tearing up your insides day after day after day after day without end pretty much gauranteed we wanted to fucking murder each other and every living thing we came into contact with
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Still a lot of good folks- handicapped by a system that selects the wrong leadership in general.  Too much to go in-depth here, but I believe the system selects GO/FOs that do well in the imperial court of DC, but not in the field winning wars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spot on

We can only hope that the tide has turned against the left and we can start taking our instituitions back
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:33:04 AM EDT
[#27]
What is the caliber of this mighty fine looking upper
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:40:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:40:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We can only hope that the tide has turned against the left and we can start taking our instituitions back
View Quote
Perhaps so.  But this is not a new problem.  There are plenty of generals in history that did well in peacetime, and not so much in war.  Also plenty of generals that won battles, but did not do well at HQ or the King's court, or whatever.  

For example, how much better would the Yankee soldiers have done if Grant was in charge in 1861, instead of McClellan?
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:42:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I like all the tank talk because I learn from it.

I didn't serve.

My brother has been doing Army shit for 43.5 years but it's all infantry/medic/SF/cadet training.

My mother was in the army in the 1950's but that was using punch card computers in West Germany.

My father was in the air force for a couple of years before they realized he was a pedo.

I almost went down that path, I spent a couple of couple of weekends away getting evaluated for the UK version of ROTC but I guess my problem solving skills didn't fit the mould of what they were looking for. My life could have been very different and probably a lot less successful if they accepted me.
View Quote
U woulda been a mess cook.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:43:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Plot twist:

What if all your assigned women still have their OEM twig and berries?
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:46:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I didn't serve.

My brother has been doing Army shit for 43.5 years but it's all infantry/medic/SF/cadet training.

My mother was in the army in the 1950's but that was using punch card computers in West Germany.

My father was in the air force for a couple of years before they realized he was a pedo.

I almost went down that path, I spent a couple of couple of weekends away getting evaluated for the UK version of ROTC but I guess my problem solving skills didn't fit the mould of what they were looking for. My life could have been very different and probably a lot less successful if they accepted me.
View Quote
You could have been the modern day Lord Cornwallis!
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:54:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:55:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:58:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So the training worked and you would have been effective if things went hot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be all right if you could call AAA to break track for you.

They aren't alone with that problem

I can assure you that putting 4 guys in the hatch for weeks on end, limited showers, no privacy, inept leadership, broke-dick tanks, infernally hot Ft Hood weather and all that .mil chow tearing up your insides day after day after day after day without end pretty much gauranteed we wanted to fucking murder each other and every living thing we came into contact with

So the training worked and you would have been effective if things went hot?

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:59:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I didn't serve.

View Quote
A lot less successful

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:02:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Then they're not women??? right??? or am I old and out of touch?
View Quote
You must be old and anti-WTFBBQ.  All you have to do now is say that you are a woman, and poof, you are.  Now you can win women's sporting events and go into women's locker rooms.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hold on, didn't he lose?
View Quote
Well, he did lose to Washington.  So that is fairly prestigious.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Perhaps so.  But this is not a new problem.  There are plenty of generals in history that did well in peacetime, and not so much in war.  Also plenty of generals that won battles, but did not do well at HQ or the King's court, or whatever.  

For example, how much better would the Yankee soldiers have done if Grant was in charge in 1861, instead of McClellan?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't speak about Grant or McClellan specifically but I agree that what works in peacetime is usually not what we need in war. The US has a long history of fixing itself in a hurry once the shooting starts, as long as the political will to win is there (WW2 being an example, Korea as well, but Vietnam not so much)

I mentioned my company XO 1LT Dukeman, who was a perfect example of a soldiers soldier in the field. He was aggressive, took no shit and had a keen eye for beating the fuck out of the opposition but he couldn't do powerpoint or say the stupid shit he needed to say around weak ass ROTC officers that made up most of our senior leadership and he paid the price

I'd have followed that guy on a one way trip across the LD/LC in wartime, but in peacetime he got railroaded til he got out, all because what mattered in peacetime was bullshit and he (as well as the rest of us) knew it

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:06:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Plot twist:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plot twist:

So just like a standard tank crew then? Greek style? We're used to it
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#44]
So why does the Abrams use the 120mm smoothbore you ask?

Because they don't make a 121mm

Womp womp
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

To be fair, I'm a kickass cook.
View Quote
I think my dad helped out on the ship from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:13:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So why does the Abrams use the 120mm smoothbore you ask?

Because they don't make a 121mm

Womp womp
View Quote
Smoooooooooooooooth.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:16:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I can't speak about Grant or McClellan specifically but I agree that what works in peacetime is usually not what we need in war. The US has a long history of fixing itself in a hurry once the shooting starts, as long as the political will to win is there (WW2 being an example, Korea as well, but Vietnam not so much)

I mentioned my company XO 1LT Dukeman, who was a perfect example of a soldiers soldier in the field. He was aggressive, took no shit and had a keen eye for beating the fuck out of the opposition but he couldn't do powerpoint or say the stupid shit he needed to say around weak ass ROTC officers that made up most of our senior leadership and he paid the price

I'd have followed that guy on a one way trip across the LD/LC in wartime, but in peacetime he got railroaded til he got out, all because what mattered in peacetime was bullshit and he (as well as the rest of us) knew it

View Quote
Agreed that war and peace have differing requirements.  And it is rare to find someone that can do both well.

However, the US used to at least fire the guys that turned out incompetent.  For example, the very-little known [for good reason] Major General James E Chaney, USAAF.  1908 USMA grad- infantryman turned pilot.  Promoted MG in 1940, and assigned as observer to the UK in May, 1941.  From Jan-Jun 1942, he was the commander of all US Army forces in the UK.  All well and good.  Except that he ran his HQ on a M-F, 9-5 basis and was not effective in leadership.  Especially when compared to his successor- guy by the name of Eisenhower.  Chaney got sent back to the US, given a training command job and never promoted again and retired at the end of the war.  Kind of a soft landing there for him, I guess.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:30:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 130
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top