[#1]
In on page 5

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's Ridley explaining weather he is or is not a replicant. It's about the Unicorn dream that showed up in the Director's Cut. Ridely Scott

That's all he has and he put that BS in there to sell DVDs. That unicorn meant Gaff knew Rachel was there and let them be together. Gaff made little origami pieces throughout the movie explaining how Deckard felt at that moment. The unicorn represented something hard to find/catch, one of a kind like Rachel.
View Quote
The 1982 deleted scenes are online. including the deleted unicorn scenes.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]
So, I wonder if Atari Corporation is a main theme in this next movie. Like how the Tyrell Corporation was.

I love the classic music from the original being in the trailer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guess I better get around to watching the first one.
View Quote
Ditto.  I hated the book, so never watched the movie.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The book and the movie are not the same.  This causes arfommers a real problem. 

I read the book after I saw the movie.  In the movie, the replicants are not mechanical robots.  They are almost impossible to detect.

Same thing happened with "The man in the high castle".  The series and book have a commonality, but the are not the same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's Ridley explaining weather he is or is not a replicant. It's about the Unicorn dream that showed up in the Director's Cut. Ridely Scott

That's all he has and he put that BS in there to sell DVDs. That unicorn meant Gaff knew Rachel was there and let them be together. Gaff made little origami pieces throughout the movie explaining how Deckard felt at that moment. The unicorn represented something hard to find/catch, one of a kind like Rachel.
The book and the movie are not the same.  This causes arfommers a real problem. 

I read the book after I saw the movie.  In the movie, the replicants are not mechanical robots.  They are almost impossible to detect.

Same thing happened with "The man in the high castle".  The series and book have a commonality, but the are not the same.
I didn't say anything in that quote about the book. He wasn't a replicant in the original movie.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#7]
More like the oragami of Admiral Adama.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I didn't say anything in that quote about the book. He wasn't a replicant in the original movie.
View Quote
Yeah, I never got that he was either from the original movie.  But, people will use the book to say whether he was or not and I don't think that's valid since for the later cut's of the movies because the movie is not the same as the book in many ways.

The original movie was very much more about all the questions of what is human.  There's layers of it in actions of all the major players both replicant and human.  All the movies are great.  True science fiction.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#9]
"Future Noir The Making of Blade Runner" is significant because it has everything about the film in it from beginning to end. Every person and company involved, arguments, ideas,processes,etc. Quotes and interviews with everyone involved. Scene by scene explanation from everyone involved. I read it many years ago, but I guess I'll have to skim through it so I quote exactly what it says since nobody here has read it. Another book I'd recommend is "The Blade Runner Experience" which I'm quoted in.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

More like the oragami of Admiral Adama.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Looks good. I think that Ryan Gosling is the Deckard and Rachel's Son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjiqa-PWGQY
View Quote
I didn't realize two replicants can breed 
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#12]
What's up with the tree

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What would you rate her on the hittable/crazy scale now and then? That crazy chart has red heads, strippers but not actresses on it

http://thefilmstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Blade-Runner-2049-9-620x257.png
View Quote
80's Sean Young I'd do almost without reservation, there's a reservation and it's a big one: she'd never get my real name or phone number. Because from everything I've read even then she was batshit crazy.

Now she's even more batshit crazy and age catches up to everyone.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
Maybe George R.R. Martin wants a piece of the action...

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
I'm gonna go with old school organic. Ala natural. 2049 is the year of genetic enhancement- of everything organic.

There are greenhouses in the background. Some violation of the law?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Despite Japan dominating robotics, it looks like they're reduced to Bento boxes in the film, at least judging by the trailer

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I've never been able to make it more than 20 minutes into the original Blade Runner. I'll have to give it another shot. Trailer looks great
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll be a tortoise on my back.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Looks like it is highly cared for. With it being tethered and everything. I am guessing it's one of the last real trees?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Two very annoying people, Jared Leto and Robin "Can I speak to your Manager, I'm a very serious woman" Right.

Hopefully they don't ruin it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Los Angeles Chinatown is all but gone now [same for Japantown which is only 1 block now] so that feature of the film is a bit off despite the number of Chinese living in California being double what it was in the 1980s, they all moved to the suburbs of Irvine in Orange County.  The Japanese have all but vanished in California

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIEn4LEMYuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3mRWCeyBvA
View Quote
I'm still here! A few Sansei on the westside. I've got cousins all over, though. No more Nisei in the mom & pop stores (left that business due to riots and old age).
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm not overly impressed by what the nerds are putting out on Youtube and online so far, except for a couple guesses that seem spot on

https://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-mysteries-hidden-in-the-blade-runner-2049-trail-1795025600

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Seeing how often screen caps from the trailer are being posted, it looks like Deakins did a superb job, as usual.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm still here! A few Sansei on the westside. I've got cousins all over, though. No more Nisei in the mom & pop stores (left that business due to riots and old age).
View Quote
Glad to hear that

As someone who attended K-12 with the quite a few Sansei in elementary & Junior high school and used to frequent those shops I'd say that's a shame.

There were some wonderful businesses that will be missed. The Japantown up in San Francisco is mostly Korean now but there's a couple book stores, card stores, restaurants and specialty shops left that are nice to visit, especially during the festivals

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm calling it.  Harrison Ford dies.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm calling it.  Harrison Ford dies.
View Quote
Going as far as picking by who?

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I see a Pris model is back as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This new movie will also hopefully settle once and for all which version of the original movie is canon.

My guess it is going to be the newest "Final Cut", meaning Rachel is not special and is probably long dead.
I see a Pris model is back as well.
She very much gave off that crazy Darryl Hannah vibe.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:00:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Trailer has 7.3 million views on YouTube now
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks amazing! Really looking forward to how they explain why Deckard is alive though, considering they retconned him into being a replicant and pushed the idea for years. The first movie was absolute in about the limited lifespan.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Major plot hole in blade runner.

In the opening scene where Leon was being tested at the Tyrell Corporation,  The Tyrell people should have spotted Leon a mile away whether by facial, retina, fingerprint, DNA, etc.  Why would they need the Voight-Kamphf test?    "That's our boy!  Shootem!"
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Major plot hole in blade runner.

In the opening scene where Leon was being tested at the Tyrell Corporation,  The Tyrell people should have spotted Leon a mile away whether by facial, retina, fingerprint, DNA, etc.  Why would they need the Voight-Kamphf test?    "That's our boy!  Shootem!"
View Quote
I don't know, Tyrell went so far as implanting memories in the Replicants, going to all that effort sort of goes out the window if there are 3 Roys and 6 Leons sitting in an attack ship together. Sooner or later they'll be like,"But I don't have any brothers, at all, so why do you have my face?" and the jig would be up. So they weren't like Cylons with a limited number of models, in fact since they were bio-engineered they were probably all unique, and since my cousin is married to a bio-engineer I know how their minds work, a lot of Replicants are probably "based" on someone's hot school teacher or a guy they really hated in HS so hey here's Leon a dumb as fuck meat puppet. All of which means if anyone at Tyrell (except for maybe the guy that "designed" a particular Replicant) saw one they may have a vague "That guy looks familiar, was he a janitor here a few years ago?" recognition but I don't think everyone in the building would see him and pull a Donald Sutherland point and screech.

Back to the memory implant deal, I don't think the problem with Roy and company in the movie was as simple as they were Replicants on Earth but also the fact that they knew they were Replicants and knew they had an expiration date. Whether or not every Replicant knew he was one or not isn't something I remember being touched on precisely, but they were definitely not supposed to know they had a "use by" date and especially what that date was. How many times have you heard "Never piss off an old guy with nothing to lose?" That is all of them once they know their clock is almost up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Rich Evans Auditions for Blade Runner 2049
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Back to the memory implant deal, I don't think the problem with Roy and company in the movie was as simple as they were Replicants on Earth but also the fact that they knew they were Replicants and knew they had an expiration date. Whether or not every Replicant knew he was one or not isn't something I remember being touched on precisely, but they were definitely not supposed to know they had a "use by" date and especially what that date was. How many times have you heard "Never piss off an old guy with nothing to lose?" That is all of them once they know their clock is almost up.
View Quote
They really didn't do a good job of explaining the extent of your average replicant's worldview or self view in the movie canon, mostly because we only really see a small handful of replicants and every one of them is either a self-aware unit already in a state of rebellion or a special brain-spoofed one off experiment. I think all replicants know what they are from the word go, the question is do they accept it?

I imagine that replicants are more or less the butter robot from Rick and Morty. They are most likely pre-programmed in utero (or however they call the pre-alive constructive state) with the necessary things to do the job they are built to do. So when they slide out of their birthbag, get hosed off and given a set of clothes they get put immediately to work. Someone tells them to tote that barge and lift that bale and they just do, because it is what they were "programmed" to do. And I imagine like any cultist in a closed society with a head full of doctrine, they go about their jobs without much of a care... until someone or something breaks their programming (or they break their own through life experience) and they start asking questions. And like Rick's butter robot, all of them when presented with the truth of their existence probably have a bit of a breakdown. Tyrell's memory implant experiment was an attempt to prevent that inevitable "awakening" by preventing existential questions all self aware things eventually have.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Regarding the scene with the burning structure, tree and greenhouses I think that's a scene where K. whacks the Bautista replicant. Scott described it once in an interview.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Like many new "remake / sequels" that are coming out right now the trailer gives me hope, but I'm still cautious.

I do like a lot of the people involved with the movie though, so with some luck it won't Prometheus out on us.

... and with the resurgence of darkwave / synthpop lately the soundtrack could be pretty epic.
View Quote
too late prometheus is there at the 16 second mark
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Is this the blu-ray version to buy?

Never seen the entire movie all the way through.  Have heard there are a ton of versions.  Is that the one to buy?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Let me tell you about my mother...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Seeing how often screen caps from the trailer are being posted, it looks like Deakins did a superb job, as usual.
View Quote
He IS the man!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He IS the man!
View Quote
I'm so glad you introduced me to his awesomeness!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#44]
The soundtrack better have guns and roses otherwise I'm not gonna watch it. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The soundtrack better have guns and roses otherwise I'm not gonna watch it. 
View Quote
Vangelis man! Vangelis!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Decker is a skin job....hmmmm...
Make a clone and use him to hunt down the replicants.
I wonder if Rachel will still be around.  CGI can do it.

I never liked R. Scott's liberal messages, but I do like his movies...mostly.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Now that Alien Covenant ended up disappointing at the box office, I wonder if the studio is nervous about this one. Even though Villeneuve is at the helm and that guy has an awesome track record, it was Ridley Scott's baby.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Two very annoying people, Jared Leto and Robin "Can I speak to your Manager, I'm a very serious woman" Right.

Hopefully they don't ruin it.
View Quote
i was thinking exactly the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Blade runner - I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Time to die (HD)
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top