Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 27
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I was FRT I wouldn't bother sueing right now. Win with the ATF first, then it might be worthwhile.
View Quote

Right.  Let's hope they follow that logic.  

On the other hand it could also divide the government's attention as well just by being another mole they feel the need to whack down.  Maybe if enough competitors come to market it'll be too big to control and more common.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Cool, but part of me wishes they'd waited to bring them to market if they are close enough to the FRT's design that it makes RBT sue them.  Divides their attention and war chest at a time where they are the biggest kid on the playground fighting the bully for us.
View Quote
Why would RBT sue them?  According to the link on that very page:

History of positive displacement trigger reset technology
- In the mid 1970's Thomas Allen Graves invents the genesis of all positive displacement trigger reset systems based on a modified semi-automatic Colt Navy revolver action.
- In the mid 1980's Thomas Allen Graves experiments with positive displacement trigger reset system designs for RUGER 10/22 carbine applications.
- In the Early 2000's Thomas Allen Graves experiments with positive displacement trigger reset system designs for BERSA THUNDER handgun applications.
- In 2014 Thomas Allen Graves invents the World's first fully integrated positive displacement trigger reset technology type firearm.
- In 2015 Thomas Allen Graves provides positive displacement trigger reset technology to WOLF TACTICAL LLC.
- In 2020 WOLF TACTICAL LLC provides positive displacement trigger reset technology to RARE BREED TRIGGERS LLC.
-In 2021 Thomas Allen Graves provides positive displacement trigger reset technology to ALAMO TRIGGERS LLC.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

- In the mid 1970's Thomas Allen Graves invents the genesis of all positive displacement trigger reset systems based on a modified semi-automatic Colt Navy revolver action.
- In the mid 1980's Thomas Allen Graves experiments with positive displacement trigger reset system designs for RUGER 10/22 carbine applications.
- In the Early 2000's Thomas Allen Graves experiments with positive displacement trigger reset system designs for BERSA THUNDER handgun applications.
- In 2014 Thomas Allen Graves invents the World's first fully integrated positive displacement trigger reset technology type firearm.
- In 2015 Thomas Allen Graves provides positive displacement trigger reset technology to WOLF TACTICAL LLC.
- In 2020 WOLF TACTICAL LLC provides positive displacement trigger reset technology to RARE BREED TRIGGERS LLC.
-In 2021 Thomas Allen Graves provides positive displacement trigger reset technology to ALAMO TRIGGERS LLC.
View Quote

Interdasting!
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Interdasting!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interdasting!

Hmmmm...

How many plaintiffs are required for a class action lawsuit?
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 5:19:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hmmmm...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interdasting!

Hmmmm...

Link Posted: 9/4/2021 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interdasting!

Hmmmm...

https://i.imgur.com/LPD2nyp.jpg

We need a class action lawsuit against the AFT with every gun owner as a party citing deprivation of civil rights and irreparable harm due to new criminal penalties for previously legal actions.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We need a class action lawsuit against the AFT with every gun owner as a party citing deprivation of civil rights and irreparable harm due to new criminal penalties for previously legal actions.
View Quote

They would argue that the commercial distribution and sales of FRT-15 triggers violates 18 U.S.C. § 922(o), therefore they were never legal for us to buy or possess.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You would probably be better off stating you sold it to some guy at a gun show.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They would argue that the commercial distribution and sales of FRT-15 triggers violates 18 U.S.C. § 922(o), therefore they were never legal for us to buy or possess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Yes they sure would.

Quoted:
Quoted:
You would probably be better off stating you sold it to some guy at a gun show.

This

Lying to a federal agent. What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lying to a federal agent. What could go wrong?
View Quote

Exactly. You’d be better off responding with, “I do not recall”, because lying is an offense but poor memory isn’t.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Exactly. You’d be better off responding with, “I do not recall”, because lying is an offense but poor memory isn’t.
View Quote

Slick Willie Klinton was good at that.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/1998/09/bill-clinton-and-the-meaning-of-is.html
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I may pick up a Wide Open Trigger for comparison ($350).

https://wideopentriggers.com

You know, for science

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You know, for science

View Quote

"Not made for .300 BLK".... How the hell does that matter??

EDIT:  Gas?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, for science

Have no idea why it would matter. I can confirm the FRT works fine with .300Blackout, but so far its only been tried with supers and suppressed. The upper is reliable with both supers and subs, suppressed and not, but that was before I got the FRT and all I had on hand once I got it was supers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You know, for science

View Quote

Hey - why not?

I'll probably get a little more information on it tomorrow and then order one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would be my guess. 300 subs are very heavy and low pressure.

Probably not enough gas to cycle everything hard or fast enough.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Just funny from Reddit thread on FRTs being available:

Tricky-Common 36 points 2 hours ago

Everyone is all "fuck the atf" till its time to support a company standing up to the atf. Then it's all "they don't have a customer service number"
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've shot subs with an FRT. Cheapo PSA 8.5" with an Omega suppressor. Zero problems.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh, another problem with the "oh they'll just show a video to the judge!" argument.

Show a video of a hand cranked gatling gun.

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Any updates on the litigation?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Any updates on the litigation?
View Quote

Not that I've seen.  I check TheInfidel.co's blog daily for updates:

https://theinfidel.co/blogs/rare-breed-news
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 5:31:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the link, Digz!
Good job!
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#24]
RB video regarding patent infringement...

https://youtu.be/61LokaepQa0
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
RB video regarding patent infringement...

https://youtu.be/61LokaepQa0
View Quote

Lawrence Demonico of Rare Breed Triggers responds to their patent infringement.

Summary: If there is any patent infringement then Rare Breed intends to pursue legal action as appropriate.

There may or may not be any infringement due to the way the WOT functions versus the FRT function. I haven't yet examined both in person as I'm waiting for the WOT to arrive but it sure does look like a carbon copy of the FRT.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61LokaepQa0

Summary: If there is any patent infringement then Rare Breed intends to pursue legal action as appropriate.

There may or may not be any infringement due to the way the WOT functions versus the FRT function. I haven't yet examined both in person as I'm waiting for the WOT to arrive but it sure does look like a carbon copy of the FRT.
View Quote

@jaqufrost

So much for keeping their eye on the ball.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@jaqufrost

So much for keeping their eye on the ball.
View Quote
The patents are slightly different, I'd like to see how the WOT works inside.

It does seem to be a distraction from the ATF suit, but I would think you would hire a different set of lawyers for the patent infringement issues.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#28]
I know it's not the right thread for it, but I can't seem to find the 30 plus page get thread I was subscribed to. I finally got mine running top notch today, with an H3 buffer. Smiles on my 9, 7 and 6 year olds faces, as each pulled the trigger, as well as my wife's. Only hickups were 4 old rounds of Lake City that FTF, even on the second time through the gun. Other than that, everything else, including wolf, shot fine, burned up a d60 full, too.

Anyway, give em hell Rare breed, your fight is appreciated
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I know it's not the right thread for it, but I can't seem to find the 30 plus page get thread I was subscribed to. I finally got mine running top notch today, with an H3 buffer. Smiles on my 9, 7 and 6 year olds faces, as each pulled the trigger, as well as my wife's. Only hickups were 4 old rounds of Lake City that FTF, even on the second time through the gun. Other than that, everything else, including wolf, shot fine, burned up a d60 full, too.

Anyway, give em hell Rare breed, your fight is appreciated
View Quote
Here's the other thread https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/759561_Rare-Breed-Triggers-FRT-Convince-me-to-not-buy-one-.html
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Thanks, i had previously been subscribed to it, not sure how I dropped it, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm not at all happy about this.  

But I knew it was coming and I AM happy I didn't buy one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:09:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I enjoyed mine for the past month or so but a guy at the range on Sat offered me $500 & I had it out of the lower before he got back from the ATM.    I might get another one just to have but I shot a bunch of FA stuff in the Army and just realized that I’d already scratched that itch.

Rare Breed will win this case if it ever goes to court.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:12:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did buy one

Don't be a bitch

Buy one
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Next court date is Oct 4. Nothing really happened today. Yesterday a lawsuit was brought against Big Daddy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Next court date is Oct 4. Nothing really happened today. Yesterday a lawsuit was brought against Big Daddy.
View Quote

So long as the ATF trying to only have their side of the story allowed in the court is "nothing".
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

That video pulled at my strings.

RB is putting an assumed large amount of money and time into the fight AGAINST the AFT, which is understandable considering their revenue source. Heck, they could be spending a majority of profits for this. I understand that the fight is not for us as consumers...they know the patent is worth gobs of money.

Here comes other companies that try to step in and take a portion of the market. BDU releases a product that is a near exact copy, although less robust and finished, in an attempt to rip them off. They obviously had help from those inside the AR15 community, taking advice given here in our threads...as we know, because they set up shill accounts and even replied in threads. So RB is now forced to divide the front in an attempt to keep a fight up against the big man, and then another suit to keep an obviously shitty company from stealing their profits.

I cancelled my BDU membership. I know that plenty on here have as well. Hopefully this scares other shilly companies from taking money away from the fight against the AFT.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That video pulled at my strings.

RB is putting an assumed large amount of money and time into the fight AGAINST the AFT, which is understandable considering their revenue source. Heck, they could be spending a majority of profits for this. I understand that the fight is not for us as consumers...they know the patent is worth gobs of money.

Here comes other companies that try to step in and take a portion of the market. BDU releases a product that is a near exact copy, although less robust and finished, in an attempt to rip them off. They obviously had help from those inside the AR15 community, taking advice given here in our threads...as we know, because they set up shill accounts and even replied in threads. So RB is now forced to divide the front in an attempt to keep a fight up against the big man, and then another suit to keep an obviously shitty company from stealing their profits.

I cancelled my BDU membership. I know that plenty on here have as well. Hopefully this scares other shilly companies from taking money away from the fight against the AFT.
View Quote

The patent is only worth gobs of money if they prevail.  Should they lose, it offers no benefit over triggers that are already considered machine guns, and as such would be pretty much worthless.

It's in all of our interests that they win.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#39]
It was either this post or more likely a FB post that said RB only has $1,000 for their legal defense and are asking for donations.
Can anyone verify this?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It was either this post or more likely a FB post that said RB only has $1,000 for their legal defense and are asking for donations.
Can anyone verify this?
View Quote

That makes no sense. At almost $400 for each trigger and significantly less production cost, they should be in the tens of not hundreds of thousands.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#41]
I agree, just what I read somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Have no idea why it would matter. I can confirm the FRT works fine with .300Blackout, but so far its only been tried with supers and suppressed. The upper is reliable with both supers and subs, suppressed and not, but that was before I got the FRT and all I had on hand once I got it was supers.
View Quote

FWIW, mine will cycle supers fine, but chokes on subs like the Atlanta Falcons against the Patriots with money on the line. I'm thinking about getting another one to drop in my 5.56 SBR just for shit's and giggles.  It really tickles me that RBF is the ONLY manufacturer that seems to have the balls to stand up to the AFT.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#43]
my regular trigger wont cycle subs and supers with the same buffer. h2/3 for super, carbine for subs
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I agree, just what I read somewhere.
View Quote

Sounds like disinformation for the purpose of demoralization to me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

FWIW, mine will cycle supers fine, but chokes on subs like the Atlanta Falcons against the Patriots with money on the line. I'm thinking about getting another one to drop in my 5.56 SBR just for shit's and giggles.  It really tickles me that RBF is the ONLY manufacturer that seems to have the balls to stand up to the AFT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty confident mine should work with the FRT and subs, but can't say for sure since I haven't had the chance to try it.

Upper is an 8.5" PSA that is very over gassed. First time I tried it out, I had subs and supers. With both it was ejecting like it was an AK. Cases ejected about 3 O'clock and went almost 30 feet lol.

Switched to an H3 buffer. Better but still a bit much. Put in a Bootleg adjustable carrier. That worked well. On the suppressed setting it still works with subs and supers suppressed or not, so I'm pretty confident I could find a setting on the Bootleg that would work with the FRT and subs once I can find subs again.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Too bad the pics are missing from the build thread.
View Quote

EXACTLY!!!!
Perhaps some enterprising soul with much foresight, saved them and can share?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#48]
The cover of Bon Jovi's It's My Life made me LOL.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

yeah this seems like pretty bad news (not being allowed to call expert witnesses).. we shall see.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

yeah this seems like pretty bad news (not being allowed to call expert witnesses).. we shall see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That hasn’t been decided yet. The ATF wants that, but the judge has to decide that on the 4th. Hopefully the judge doesn’t enable his court to become a kangaroo court.
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top