Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/24/2010 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

i liked it, while it hasnt got me hooked like battlestar did from the begining, i definatly am interested to see how this series develops

i like how they created the AI of the centurions, its makes sense to me at least

Well BSG started off great then went to crap.

This is starting off as crap, but we know how it ends, which should be great.
one teenage cylon girl, not overly interesting.  should pick up once they start mass producing them.
...and knowing how deviant the colonials are, you just know its only a matter of time before the sexbots start showing up.    Hell thats probably what kicks off the first cylon war

Link Posted: 1/24/2010 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
So, should I bother? It sounds interesting, but after what happened with BSG later on, and with knowing the ending, I don't know if I should...
Link Posted: 1/24/2010 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, should I bother? It sounds interesting, but after what happened with BSG later on, and with knowing the ending, I don't know if I should...

I'm intrigued...  I think it's worth a watch.  After the initial "what the fuck is this" opening scene I started to get into it.  I don't see how people are calling this first episode "crap."  They did a ton of character building, which was a major gripe for "V."  

Link Posted: 1/24/2010 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I want to give Alessandra Torresani a tongue bath.  

This was also my reaction to the show.

ETA:  Polly Walker too.  She hurt me badly in Rome.
Link Posted: 1/24/2010 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#5]
i think its worth it,  but then again i thought BSG was pretty good, didnt really notice a let off at the end of the series and did a great job of wrapping things up
Link Posted: 1/24/2010 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
They should have called it Craprica.
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll watch it when it hits DVD. Don't have a DVR or anything but the freebie cable, and years of watching almost zero TV has left me with no tolerance for commercials.

I have the first two hours on DVD.

It was released last spring.

Link Posted: 1/25/2010 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#8]
The pilot/movie was impossibly boring.  Combining this with the way the BSG series committed suicide in the last 60 minutes I will let others suffer through watching this show to determine the overall quality before I give it any more of my valueless time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may be interested in a video best Googled as "Alessandra Torresani lollipop".  Giggity
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm giving it a shot.  The pilot was kind of ok.  Kind of sad that they started of BSG really really good then it went downhill.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
argggggg. After what Ron Moore did with the last two seasons
of BSG.

I missed everything after the PEGASUS rammed the base stars.

Did I miss anything?
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
argggggg. After what Ron Moore did with the last two seasons
of BSG.

I missed everything after the PEGASUS rammed the base stars.

Did I miss anything?

Tons, but most of it bad.  I'd stay where you're at.
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
While some small things bugged me, I did like the way they tied this into the BSG history.

Yepper..........I've only seen the premier episode that was shown last year , but it looks promising .
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#15]
man scifi syfy is getting their moneys worth out of the pilot.    

Its on yet again for the 32nd time since friday..

Link Posted: 1/25/2010 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The pilot/movie was impossibly boring.  Combining this with the way the BSG series committed suicide in the last 60 minutes I will let others suffer through watching this show to determine the overall quality before I give it any more of my valueless time.

I think most of my problem with BSG was exactly that last hour of the series. After the Galactica got to Earth, they honest to god would have been better off showing Adama and Tigh sitting down to dinner in the Galactica chowhall with Journey playing in the background and cutting to black. I despised the idea that an entire advanced civilization would just quit and sit down to die. That last hour killed the whole series for me. Of course I should have known it was going to get bad when they made my favorite chracter, Col. Tigh, a frakking Cylon. Yeah, it still pisses me off.

Link Posted: 1/25/2010 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may be interested in a video best Googled as "Alessandra Torresani lollipop".  Giggity

Link Posted: 1/25/2010 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I DVR'd it. Haven't seen it yet though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think most of my problem with BSG was exactly that last hour of the series. After the Galactica got to Earth, they honest to god would have been better off showing Adama and Tigh sitting down to dinner in the Galactica chowhall with Journey playing in the background and cutting to black. I despised the idea that an entire advanced civilization would just quit and sit down to die. That last hour killed the whole series for me. Of course I should have known it was going to get bad when they made my favorite chracter, Col. Tigh, a frakking Cylon. Yeah, it still pisses me off.

I was equally angered and think you must indeed be a man of unsurpassed wisdom and good taste.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#20]
in the previews ( i did not catch if it is for next week or the series) is that a  battlestar ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep.

Teenage Angst.

Adult Angst.

Quasi-Religious Bullshit.

Gangster Angst.

Oh, yay.

Link Posted: 1/26/2010 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Teenage Angst.

Adult Angst.

Gangster Angst.

Oh, yay.

All of that trumps my angst for "Reality" TV.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Crap.. I wont be able to watch tonights show until morning..
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hated that Final Five crap and I hated that Tigh was a Cylon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Teenage Angst.

Adult Angst.

Gangster Angst.

Oh, yay.

This.  Also, why the fuck does Caprica seem to be just like earth?  I mean, gangsters halfway the galaxy dress like Italians?  Do they fist pump at the club afterwords as well?  Please.  I know BSG isn't Star Wars or Star Trek but sci fi needs to be at least a little exotic.  I'll give the series a chance for a few episodes, but they had better make it interesting real quick.  How about we start the Cylon war in season 2?  That's what the fans fracking want to see anyways.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Teenage Angst.

Adult Angst.

Gangster Angst.

Oh, yay.

This.  Also, why the fuck does Caprica seem to be just like earth?  I mean, gangsters halfway the galaxy dress like Italians?  Do they fist pump at the club afterwords as well?  Please.  I know BSG isn't Star Wars or Star Trek but sci fi needs to be at least a little exotic.  I'll give the series a chance for a few episodes, but they had better make it interesting real quick.  How about we start the Cylon war in season 2?  That's what the fans fracking want to see anyways.

It's because the writers specifically wanted it to be relateable. I thought it was a weird/cheap cop-out at first in the BSG remake that guys in "suits and ties" were literally in "suits and ties", and only the military uniforms and viper flight suits were even remotely futuristic. (even though the events all take place 200,000 years in our "past"...)  However, it made some sense after a time.

You got a much better sense of the characters, plot, and their motivations - who they were, and where they were "coming from". It's not like Star Trek where you have to figure out, "Okay... is he wearing an alien military pajamas, asteroid miner pajamas, civilian artist/lawyer/insurance salesman pajamas?" You don't get all this banal exposition to explain who people/characters are.

Another way of looking at it is that what if you asked someone in the 1950's what people would be wearing in 2010? To a person they'd all probably say some variant of "space pajamas" too... So of course reality is people, aside from special sports equipment that would look futuristic like the full body leotards some sports now wear, military field uniforms (ACU's), and crazy stuff teens and certain subcultures wear, the clothing is pretty "regular", and only very minor details of fashion ever change, or things like jeans are more prevalent, and suits/hats a bit less so.

Instead of everything being glass, steel and futuristic, a lot of new construction has that bogus brick and stone "Mayberry town square" look to it. In the same way, Caprica has several futuristic buildings, but lots of old ones too. Just like any city on Earth does.

So that's actually one thing I came to like about the new BSG franchise.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#27]
holy shit its on again.    I swear the pilot has been shown at least twice a day for the past week.

the syfy channel apparently isnt aware of futuristic technology such as DVRs

seriously- were not even to episode 2 yet and im already sick of the series
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Teenage Angst.

Adult Angst.

Gangster Angst.

Oh, yay.

It's because the writers specifically wanted it to be relateable. I thought it was a weird/cheap cop-out at first in the BSG remake that guys in "suits and ties" were literally in "suits and ties", and only the military uniforms and viper flight suits were even remotely futuristic. (even though the events all take place 200,000 years in our "past"...)  However, it made some sense after a time.

You got a much better sense of the characters, plot, and their motivations - who they were, and where they were "coming from". It's not like Star Trek where you have to figure out, "Okay... is he wearing an alien military pajamas, asteroid miner pajamas, civilian artist/lawyer/insurance salesman pajamas?" You don't get all this banal exposition to explain who people/characters are.

Another way of looking at it is that what if you asked someone in the 1950's what people would be wearing in 2010? To a person they'd all probably say some variant of "space pajamas" too... So of course reality is people, aside from special sports equipment that would look futuristic like the full body leotards some sports now wear, military field uniforms (ACU's), and crazy stuff teens and certain subcultures wear, the clothing is pretty "regular", and only very minor details of fashion ever change, or things like jeans are more prevalent, and suits/hats a bit less so.

Instead of everything being glass, steel and futuristic, a lot of new construction has that bogus brick and stone "Mayberry town square" look to it. In the same way, Caprica has several futuristic buildings, but lots of old ones too. Just like any city on Earth does.

So that's actually one thing I came to like about the new BSG franchise.

I don't want space pajamas, but I do think it is rather unoriginal for Adama's grandfather to be working for Italian mobsters in space.  I thought Firefly's Irish rogue made a better gangster because it was familiar enough to recognize the character without being a straight ripoff of the Godfather.
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#29]
I like the part when the Asshole Technician lost his finger to the Zoey 2.0 Cylon..

That will show him not to be so stupid when playing bondage with a robot..

Did I get that right? The School teacher has seven wives and six husbands, nevermind countless kids and some on the way.. Loos also that she is starting her own reglious whack out group of followers. She is also into serious drugs..

Link Posted: 1/31/2010 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I like the part when the Asshole Technician lost his finger to the Zoey 2.0 Cylon..

Did I get that right? The School teacher has seven wives and six husbands, nevermind countless kids and some on the way.. Loos also that she is starting her own reglious whack out group of followers. She is also into serious drugs..

yeah if the italian space mafia wasnt bad enough, now we have wacky space mormons.   what mildly offensive stereotype will be coming up next?

Link Posted: 1/31/2010 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I missed watching BSG The Plan.

I dont think I missed much..

Looks like Caprica will have to pick up some speed startin The previewes that I saw last year included a young Cmd. Obama fighting Raiders in space. That means that they will have to jump some 10 years into the future.

No wonder the human race gets wiped out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah if the italian space mafia wasnt bad enough, now we have wacky space mormons.   what mildly offensive stereotype will be coming up next?

I think you better start reading some Heinlein....
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#33]
In general SyFy is crap.  I love good SciFi, but the SyFy channel has no idea what that is.  SGU is garbage, Craprica stinks, and not get me started on their movies.  Dear God, start showing some REAL SciFi again like Space 1999, UFO, heck even Star Trek!
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#34]
I get the sinking feeling that Caprica is from the same garbage pile as Galactica 1980.  This happens to every sci fi series the networks get their hands on.  It starts off winning awards and being popular, and the executives are content.  Then the newness of the thing wears off and the bean counters come in bitching about the special effects costs.  So then they try to do a space opera without the space, and it fucking sucks.  So now with Caprica we're not going to be in space, but in some fruity neo-earth where the hollyweird types can "explore" themes like sexuality and religion for the billionth time and beat us over the head with their retarded take on both.  If I want a show about polygamy, I'll watch Big Love, not Caprica.  And if I want a show about a criminal trial I'll pick one of the dozen Law and Order flavors rather than Baltar's trial starring the CAG as a pretend lawyer.  

If SyFy wants my viewership somebody better get in the cockpit of a spacecraft in short order.  Preferably one with lots of guns.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2010 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#35]
SyFy has taken everything I DIDN'T like about BSG and made an entire series out of it.

I'm not impressed.  Somebody IM me when the Battlestars and the Toasters show up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 4:12:49 AM EDT
[#36]
I think if they really want to save the series, they should skip right to the 1st cyclon war.  That would make the series interesting.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Frakkin awesome, I love BSG!

ETA: Zoe Graystone needs it in her butt.... 16 is legal in my state
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 4:43:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

In general SyFy is crap.  I love good SciFi, but the SyFy channel has no idea what that is.  SGU is garbage, Craprica stinks, and not get me started on their movies.  Dear God, start showing some REAL SciFi again like Space 1999, UFO, heck even Star Trek!

Hell, I could program "SyFy" for a year with what I've got in my DVD/LaserDisc/hard disk collection...

Stargate

Stargate SG-1

Stargate: Atlantis

Supercar, Fireball XL-5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Captain Scarlet

The Prisoner

UFO

Space: 1999

Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien4

Space: Above and Beyond

BSG (new)

Babylon 5

Crusade

Firefly, Serenity

Torchwood

Primeval

Star Wars (updated eps 1-6)

Star Wars (original release eps 4-6)

Star Trek (TOS remastered), TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise

Star Trek films 1-11

Forever Knight

Farscape

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

Dune (Lynch and the 2 Sci-Fi mini series)

Andromeda

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Angel

They Live

Hell Comes to Frogtown

The Last Starfighter

The Black Hole

Tron

Cherry 2000

A Boy and his Dog

Space Truckers

Dark City

The Machine Girl

Tokyo Gore Police

Hell, that's just off the top of my head.  I've got probably another 100+ titles that would apply and a bunch of Anime that would fit (Robotech, GITS, Bubblegum Crisis, Patlabor, Cowboy Bebop, Gunsmith Cats, Tank Police, Chobits, etc....)  Probably throw in Pani Poni Dash just because it's so off the wall  

In short "SyFy" has done what they set out to do... Make their network more appealing to Joe Sixpack by NOT running stuff that appeals to sci-fi & horror geeks.

Link Posted: 2/1/2010 4:59:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#40]
2nd hotel in a row I've been stuck in that doesnt have SciFi channel.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
SyFy has taken everything I DIDN'T like about BSG and made an entire series out of it.

That's like making a spinoff of the Unit with all the "unit activities" taken out.  It got to be where every time they'd flip back to those ladies talking about what color to paint the wall I'ld change the channel.  They are trying to pull in the female demographic because BSG itself had very few female viewers.  Of course, they run off men to  a degree when they do that.

Link Posted: 2/1/2010 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
i think its worth it,  but then again i thought BSG was pretty good, didnt really notice a let off at the end of the series and did a great job of wrapping things up

When I first watched the ending of BSG, I didnt like it. Now, after having watched it a few more times, still wish they had did a little more to wrap up a few loose ends but overall happy with how they ended things.

After watching the pilot of caprica and the first episode friday, it seems interesting, more so than SGU anyway. I will give it a chance for awhile, if later in the series it gets into the first cylon war it could be pretty good.

Link Posted: 2/1/2010 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

She's 21

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandra_Torresani
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Did anyone catch the music that Doc Graystone was playing on the piano in his lab????    

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 2/1/2010 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think if they really want to save the series, they should skip right to the 1st cyclon war.  That would make the series interesting.

From what I understand, that is the plan. I guess they have to cover first how the cylons came about and how and why they rebelled.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Did anyone catch the music that Doc Graystone was playing on the piano in his lab????    

Click To View Spoiler

Didnt catch that. Supprised they didnt have him playing the beginning to Watchtower

Link Posted: 2/1/2010 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

She's 21

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandra_Torresani

Zoe is the character, she's 16.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

yep, it was the original 1978 Battlestar Galactica theme!! My gf looked at me like I was a moron when I pointed it out

Link Posted: 2/1/2010 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#49]
I loved the series but just like the original series it started going mindless and moronic half way thru.  The end was totally disgusting.  Caprica picks up where the series left off: Absolutely stupid and putrefying rapidly.  It is sad because I really love SciFi when done well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top