Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/6/2023 11:59:57 AM EDT

Dry Run On A Naval Quarantine Of Taiwan?

The Chinese government announced a three-day series of patrols in the Taiwan Strait on Thursday, ordering that any ships in the area stop for inspection or even boarding.

Taiwan's maritime authority rejected the order, filing a complaint with Chinese authorities, and has urged its shipping companies to ignore such inspection orders and notify the Taiwanese coast guard immediately should it receive one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait until China starts doing that in all the ports around the world that has is been creating.  Not only have they been building massive ports in other countries they have been signing military support contracts for other countries.  At some point China will try to shut down shipping unless they paid extra fees.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this unprecedented or a normal occurrence?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Biden will order them to surrender.  Just like Obama.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait until China starts doing that in all the ports around the world that has is been creating.  Not only have they been building massive ports in other countries they have been signing military support contracts for other countries.  At some point China will try to shut down shipping unless they paid extra fees.
View Quote
Start sinking Chinese boats
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
They know they need to make a move while Xiden is in the White House
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a ground conflict, which would happen on Taiwan, the US has already depleted critical arms by sending them to Ukraine and isn't in a position to kick off another ground based conflict.  Sure we could sink some ships but that does nothing to end a conflict.   Plus you know Biden will just bend the knee to China.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#7]
And here we go.  China will use this an excuse to invade Taiwan

Edit: yet another massive dismissal failure caused by the anti-maga faggots
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

US is out of ammo just by sending it to Ukraine and isn't in a position to kick off another conflict.   Plus you know Biden will just bend the knee to China.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

US is out of ammo just by sending it to Ukraine and isn't in a position to kick off another conflict.   Plus you know Biden will just bend the knee to China.

Pretty sure we aren’t sending naval arms or ammo.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL China isn't invading anyone. It's nothing more than posturing.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep right on with keeping your pretty little head buried in the sand.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are going to regret giving Ukraine all of our Mk-48s.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

How many of our ports do they own?  They could shut shit down here tomorrow. Food production too…

Thanks Brandon you corrupt POS
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#14]
China will have it's Bay of Pigs...

Call it "Bay of Pooh"
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://static.timesofisrael.com/www/uploads/2016/01/Mideast-Iran-U_Horo1-640x400.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds illegal. I know that China claims waters outside of the normal 12-mile zone, but that doesn't make it a legit claim, and I'm pretty sure that the Taiwan Strait is wider than 12 miles...

Sail a carrier group through there and see if they want to stop and inspect it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hadn't heard. Mk 48 machine gun, torpedo, or sonar? Something else?

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Torpedoes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Artillery rounds and armored vehicles are not very useful on the high seas. I do not think we have given away any warships nor their munitions. But you knew that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://static.timesofisrael.com/www/uploads/2016/01/Mideast-Iran-U_Horo1-640x400.jpg
View Quote

You know they have to have that framed on a wall in Iran.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep believing the MSM.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#22]
FPNI

And this one too
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

You forgot the emptying out of our oil reserves, it's almost like pedo joe wants the US to capitulate. Which he will do with WHO.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Keep believing the MSM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep believing the MSM.

I literally don’t listen to MSM.  I do listen to Chinas rhetoric and I see their actions.  You would have to be blind and deaf to believe that china will not have total control over Taiwan in the near future.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are we still producing those?

Stack'em deep.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Their investment in the 2020 election steal is paying dividends
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#27]
The US NEEDS to show this illegal threat for what it is and sail warships through the straights NOW.  Or maybe China made the 3 day threat because they knew we couldn't get a warship there in time.

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#28]
This seems like an escalation / provocation.  Will we rise to the challenge? Or will we do nothing?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I literally don’t listen to MSM.  I do listen to Chinas rhetoric and I see their actions.  You would have to be blind and deaf to believe that china will not have total control over Taiwan in the near future.
View Quote

You act like they are going to do a full scale invasion. This isn't going to happen, there's no need for it when they can own them politically and economically. China moving boats around is just posturing to get the Wests attention and media going.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#30]
China has a carrier group out sailing the deep blue, they have ships docked in Africa, they have made oil/gas deals with Middle Eastern countries and Russia, they have cozied up to Pacific Island nations who then turned their noses up at the USA, they have taken some Philippine Islands, Xi has made Biden his bitch for the whole world to see, China does whatever China wants to do and no one tries to stop them.
I am really curious what the next few years will look like.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sounds illegal. I know that China claims waters outside of the normal 12-mile zone, but that doesn't make it a legit claim, and I'm pretty sure that the Taiwan Strait is wider than 12 miles...

Sail a carrier group through there and see if they want to stop and inspect it.
View Quote

Lol well we do the same thing.

Might makes right in terms of sea lanes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
false and you know better.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Hope nothing happens to their ships and they have to limpet back to port...
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Artillery rounds and armored vehicles are not very useful on the high seas. I do not think we have given away any warships nor their munitions. But you knew that.
View Quote

So you are saying wars can be won without men on the ground?  Just sink a couple ships and declare victory?  I wasn't talking about a battle on the water when I was describing another conflict kicking off...but I'm sure you knew that.

In case you, or some others, didn't know that then let me explain more clearly.  The main conflict will be on the land in Taiwan.  Disrupting shipping to the US would be a distraction to mess up our economy and cause the public to be angry at our government that there is no more toilet paper or baby formula or whatever new fake shortage they create.  Add to that all the military supplies the US has not restocked because they were sent to Ukraine and that makes it difficult for us to prop up Taiwan when it needs to defend itself.   Sinking a few ships isn't going to cut it.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So you are saying wars can be won without men on the ground?  Just sink a couple ships and declare victory?  I wasn't talking about a battle on the water when I was describing another conflict kicking off...but I'm sure you knew that.

In case you, or some others, didn't know that then let me explain more clearly.  The main conflict will be on the land in Taiwan.  Disrupting shipping to the US would be a distraction to mess up our economy and cause the public to be angry with our own government that there is no more toilet paper or baby formula or whatever new fake shortage will be created.  Add to that all the military supplies the US has not restocked because they were sent to Ukraine and that makes it difficult for us to prop up Taiwan when it needs to defend itself.   Sinking a few ships isn't going to cut it.  

View Quote

What's funny is that almost every statement about why we shouldn't support Ukraine will apply to Tiawan.

We don't have a defense pact with them.  China will probably threaten us with nukes.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#36]
You can fire on and repel pirates.

Seizing ships is piracy. Send out an area alert to ships that all pirates will be fired on without warning if necessary.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#37]
They better be carefu…they might pissoff Joe the Vegetable!
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve always viewed your posts as intelligent…

This one, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You can fire on and repel pirates.

Seizing ships is piracy. Send out an area alert to ships that all pirates will be fired on without warning if necessary.
View Quote

How did that play out when Iran seized some oil tankers and then our soldiers?  Obama gave them $1.7 billion after that.  What should happen is what you said but that is not how the government, at least under Democrats, operates.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How many of our ports do they own?  They could shut shit down here tomorrow. Food production too…

Thanks Brandon you corrupt POS
View Quote

China controls our food infrastructure?

Umm, do you think that Biden just signed some of our ports over in the last couple of years?
Orrr, I’m not sure you understand what you said?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I've always viewed your posts as intelligent

This one, not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always viewed your posts as intelligent

This one, not so much.

Read the one further down that explain it better. A lot of people seemed to misinterpret what I was saying.  

There was news article after article earlier this year on how it will take the US years rebuild inventories of critical munitions that were sent to Ukraine.  Are you saying that is not true and in just a couple months the US restocked all munitions?

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow we used up all our F35s, anti-ship missiles, torpedoes, mines and Tomahawks already??!!

We better launch the 155mm barges! Full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

China controls our food infrastructure?

View Quote
Who owns Smithfield Foods?  They are biggest pork food company in the US..  

WH Group, a Chinese company, does.  

China is also the 3rd largest market for US beef.  If they wanted to they could reign havoc on our meat industry.

As for ports, it takes 2 for shipping to work.  China doesn't control US ports but they own the ports in 53 other countries.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

How did that play out when Iran seized some oil tankers and then our soldiers?  Obama gave them $1.7 billion after that.  What should happen is what you said but that is not how the government, at least under Democrats, operates.  
View Quote

Dude, we built an underground Air Force base for them that was secret up until a year ago.

The doors open on a mountain and the fighter jets fly out, like Area 51 s4 level shit.

Taiwan is going to stand firm against the PRC.

My prediction, my opinion.

They’re going to shove it up Chinas ass just like the Ukes are doing to Russia.

Also, my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Strapping those onto Hiluxes and ramming fortifications was a waste.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Who owns Smithfield Foods?  They are biggest pork food company in the US..  

WH Group, a Chinese company, does.  

China is also the 3rd largest market for US beef.  If they wanted to they could reign havoc on our meat industry.

View Quote

Yeah, but who imports more food than it can produce?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Back in the day they were called junks
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Would be a shame if they started hitting mines leftover from WWII.  Can also let them board a sub and go into an emergency dive. Just don’t let them in first.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Dude, we built an underground Air Force base for them that was secret up until a year ago.

The doors open on a mountain and the fighter jets fly out, like Area 51 s4 level shit.

They're going to shove it up Chinas ass just like the Ukes are doing to Russia.

Also, my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're going to shove it up Chinas ass just like the Ukes are doing to Russia.

Also, my opinion.

I hope so.  I just remember the Hong Kong invasion where China slapped the hands of a couple celebrities and Hollywood and everyone fell in line supporting China.  The military did nothing and China literally drove up to their government buildings and walked in.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top