[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From another AF foamer site
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/fighters-shoot-down-object-over-lake-huron
This is not KMSN. What is the actual Base this is landing at?

it is Madison

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjTN-WfpTac/

Welcome to Madison, Bulldogs!
????????
@148_fw @148fwcareers AESIR 11 flight flew their first practice scramble mission this morning standing in for the @115thfighterwing
#148fw #mnang #f16

The last picture shows a 16 touching down. That's not KMSN.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/fighters-shoot-down-object-over-lake-huron
Why then are they showing stock photos and then representing them as factual?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Madison has no ground support for F-16's. All the equipment has been packed away. We haven't had a F16 in the air in 5 months.
View Quote
What is flying out of there then?  I see fighters there every month or so, including recently. I hear them basically weekly.

That said, I didn't hear anything today so unless they took off after this barroon early in the morning before I woke up and stayed up all day I don't think Madison was involved.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Weather balloons aren't cylinder shaped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weather balloons aren't cylinder shaped.

The one in Roswell was...Whoooo...waitttttt just a goddamn minute!
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it is Madison

????????
@148_fw @148fwcareers AESIR 11 flight flew their first practice scramble mission this morning standing in for the @115thfighterwing
#148fw #mnang #f16

so there are 2 guys that took pics saying the f-16's landed at Madison, but you're saying it's not Madison. got it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Honestly....whatever it is, its obviously not usual...and unsurprisingly, this president is completely absent from the public's eye.
View Quote

He's busy ,  Saturday night black tie and plenty of sniffing had to be done .  He's discussing this today w / the smartest man he knows ,   close advisor and  full time WH resident -FHB .  THE two have watched every episode of "The West Wing " so they are good to go .   What a fucking joke of a POTUS .
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#6]
These flying objects are speculated to be secret military devices being used as a False Flag efent to distract.

Plausible for sure.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
First time since Pearl Harbor that US has shot down foreign "objects" breaching US airspace ( and Canadia )

Not just one. 4 in a matter of a few days.

This in historic. Unprecedented. The public are worried.

You would expect a bit more presidential input !

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:13:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Pentagon briefing after fourth 'unidentified object' shot down

Pentagon briefing after fourth 'unidentified object' shot down | LiveNOW from FOX
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

so there are 2 guys that took pics saying the f-16's landed at Madison, but you're saying it's not Madison. got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it is Madison

????????
#148fw #mnang #f16

They're foamers that added some stock picture to some story nobody knows if anything is being said is correct. I live about 2 miles away from KSMN and drove by it to get to work for 40 years. There is no tower structure in the wooded hills at KSMN as the runway picture shows. I wouldn't believe shit out of anything about this barroon deal.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#10]
There was a Russian shootdown of a UFO/balloon a few weeks ago, I wonder if it's related to all this.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
October 2021.

Not sure where the landing photo is from, the snow is about right, but that tower (church?) in the background isn't somewhere I can identify in Madison's east side.

https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/2023/02/13/AESIR12_3-scaled.jpg  <-- landing photo

It might be Mitchell Field where the refueling wing is out of.

In any case, if that photo of the plane is the one that shot something down, it's either got a swapped pilot in it or it's not the 115th, or the person that wrote the caption is just confused or wrong.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They're foamers that added some stock picture to some story nobody knows if anything is being said is correct. I live about 2 miles away from KSMN and drove by it to get to work for 40 years. There is no tower structure in the wooded hills at KSMN as the runway picture shows. I wouldn't believe shit out of anything about this barroon deal.
View Quote
Yup. The treeline in the other photos simply isn't present in Madison. It MIGHT be Duluth.

Also, if you like asian foods, that mini-mall at East Towne is a wonderland of interesting stuff.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:47:22 AM EDT
[#13]
This video foretold the F-22 A2A balloon kill by 3 years.

UP 2: Carl Gets Shot Down By an F22 Raptor
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pentagon briefing after fourth 'unidentified object' shot down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPFYKZCzI34
View Quote

ETA: It sure sounded to me like the commander of domestic air defense  didn't know how the object was airborne.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:07:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yup. The treeline in the other photos simply isn't present in Madison. It MIGHT be Duluth.

Also, if you like asian foods, that mini-mall at East Towne is a wonderland of interesting stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I try and avoid the area. I hit up HyVee but recently that store is getting spicey with hood rats. They cleaned up the hobo campers across the street. If you want to catch a stray bullet it's the place to be. Couple of years ago I was at HomoDepot and their big front window was broken. Apparently some Madison cop wasn't sure of her backstop from 500 yards away and shot it out with her AR.
They could have 2-4 Duluth 16's hidden as strike force jets in the hangers. I'll have to ask a close friend who is a 16 pilot transitioning into the 35's.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:11:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Do E-3s have FLIR/EO sensor for long range ID?  And surely some of these fighters had targeting pods, shouldn't there be some imagery of these things at this point?  I could see if they said they have it and aren't releasing it because it's classified, just seems strange a big story like this, all those assets on it and no pictures.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:15:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do E-3s have FLIR/EO sensor for long range ID?  And surely some of these fighters had targeting pods, shouldn't there be some imagery of these things at this point?  I could see if they said they have it and aren't releasing it because it's classified, just seems strange a big story like this, all those assets on it and no pictures.
View Quote

I don't think so.  They shouldn't be close enough to targets for one to be effective IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:23:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Apparently Zelensky is upset we are using our missile stocks to shoot down barroons instead of Ruskie planes and drones.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone remember the weather barroons you could buy from Edmund's Scientific? Now would be a good time to get them out of Mom's attic and use them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:26:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Apparently Zelensky is upset we are using our missile stocks to shoot down barroons instead of Ruskie planes and drones.
View Quote

I'm going to pull a muscle rolling my eyes so hard.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ETA: It sure sounded to me like the commander of domestic air defense  didn't know how the object was airborne.
View Quote

It sounded like he didnt know much about it and wasnt going to speculate.

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't think so.  They shouldn't be close enough to targets for one to be effective IMHO.
View Quote

Yeah, makes sense.  But somebody should have had equipment to get imagery of this stuff right?  The one General was saying the pilots couldn't be expected to give a good description because of the speed differential and no one asked about pictures.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:28:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah, makes sense.  But somebody should have had equipment to get imagery of this stuff right?  The one General was saying the pilots couldn't be expected to give a good description because of the speed differential and no one asked about pictures.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was just asked.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:28:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pentagon lady in that video said they want to be very transparent... We dont get a whole lot of fpv shots released from our mil
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It was just asked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was just asked.

I guess I missed it, did they say anything about releasing any?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:31:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was just asked.

That's a policy decision from the general and "we'll see" what we can do from the secretary.  The transcript will be on defense.gov as soon as they can get it put together.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:33:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's a policy decision from the general and "we'll see" what we can do from the secretary.  The transcript will be on defense.gov as soon as they can get it put together.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 1:57:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Honestly, there's no summary because it's all too stupid and silly to try to summarize it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there a recent summary somewhere in this thread?

I am fairly out of the loop and trying to catch up on  the goings on

Honestly, there's no summary because it's all too stupid and silly to try to summarize it.
In fact I think you just did.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:16:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think a U-2 was flying overhead of the one that was shot down next to Surfside Beach, SC.  That would have many cameras and such on it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:19:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Supposedly another shot down over Lake Michigan...

https://www.wisn.com/article/faa-temporarily-closes-airspace-over-lake-michigan-for-department-of-defense-activities/42845603
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:26:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone remember the weather barroons you could buy from Edmund's Scientific? Now would be a good time to get them out of Mom's attic and use them.
View Quote

Sounds like a good way to be taken by force to a CIA blacksite.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:34:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:37:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:42:43 AM EDT
[#34]
?? THREE OBJECTS DOWNED by Fighter Jets. What does it mean? ??
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 3:12:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Have a feeling that this whole thing is going to end up like the swarms of drones that were flying in eastern Colorado a few years ago.
Was a big deal for a while then not a peep or any sort of answer as to whose they were or what they were doing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Colorado_drone_sightings

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Pentagon has refused to rule out that the recent unidentified objects shot out of the sky could be aliens - after the latest was gunned down over Lake Huron today.

US Air Force General Glen VanHerck said that intelligence services are exploring all avenues - including that the three most recent objects could be linked to extraterrestrials.

The shoot down on Sunday occurred after the 'octagonal' object flew near a sensitive US military site in Montana - and had 'potential surveillance capabilities.'

An F-16 fighter jet shot down the unknown aerial object from around 20,000ft over the Great Lakes at at 2:42pm - after previously destroying two other crafts over Alaska and Canada, and a Chinese balloon over South Carolina.

The senior Air Force executive said they are still unsure how the three objects were staying aloft, as they currently have unknown propulsion systems. He added: 'We're calling them objects, not balloons, for a reason.'

VanHerck said that unlike the Chinese spy balloon, these three were all similar in size and speed when they were gunned out of airspace. One reason for their removal from the sky was because they threatened civilian aviation.

As the Pentagon more closely scrutinizing US airspace, authorities are not ruling out that there may be more shoot downs in coming days.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/02/13/01/67613495-11742875-image-a-1_1676250599519.jpg

This is the image of the 148th Fighter Wing F-16C that shot down the unidentified object over Lake Heron today. The missile rack is circled. The fighter jet is pictured landing back at Madison missing an AIM-9X

Speaking about the most recent object shot down on Sunday, a Department of Defense spokesperson said: 'Based on its flight path and data we can reasonably connect this object to the radar signal picked up over Montana, which flew in proximity to sensitive DOD sites.

'We did not assess it to be a kinetic military threat to anything on the ground, but assess it was a safety flight hazard and a threat due to its potential surveillance capabilities. Our team will now work to recover the object in an effort to learn more.'

This is the fourth object the US has shot down in eight days.

More
View Quote

Looks like an Aim-120, not an Aim9x.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#37]
If they keep going, we won't have any weather left!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If they keep going, we won't have any weather left!!
View Quote

I chortled
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

business as usual for MSM

stock photo is better than no photo... "oops, we forgot to label pic as stock"
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No, wait its the old "the public can't handle it being aliens so we'll tell them its weather balloons gag"

Who the hell knows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, wait its the old "the public can't handle it being aliens so we'll tell them its weather balloons gag"

Who the hell knows.

How could we possibly not know that it was a weather balloon? With the technology we have and then having fighter pilots get eyes on it ?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Pentagon has refused to rule out that the recent unidentified objects shot out of the sky could be aliens - after the latest was gunned down over Lake Huron today.

US Air Force General Glen VanHerck said that intelligence services are exploring all avenues - including that the three most recent objects could be linked to extraterrestrials.

The shoot down on Sunday occurred after the 'octagonal' object flew near a sensitive US military site in Montana - and had 'potential surveillance capabilities.'

An F-16 fighter jet shot down the unknown aerial object from around 20,000ft over the Great Lakes at at 2:42pm - after previously destroying two other crafts over Alaska and Canada, and a Chinese balloon over South Carolina.

The senior Air Force executive said they are still unsure how the three objects were staying aloft, as they currently have unknown propulsion systems. He added: 'We're calling them objects, not balloons, for a reason.'

VanHerck said that unlike the Chinese spy balloon, these three were all similar in size and speed when they were gunned out of airspace. One reason for their removal from the sky was because they threatened civilian aviation.

As the Pentagon more closely scrutinizing US airspace, authorities are not ruling out that there may be more shoot downs in coming days.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/02/13/01/67613495-11742875-image-a-1_1676250599519.jpg

This is the image of the 148th Fighter Wing F-16C that shot down the unidentified object over Lake Heron today. The missile rack is circled. The fighter jet is pictured landing back at Madison missing an AIM-9X

Speaking about the most recent object shot down on Sunday, a Department of Defense spokesperson said: 'Based on its flight path and data we can reasonably connect this object to the radar signal picked up over Montana, which flew in proximity to sensitive DOD sites.

'We did not assess it to be a kinetic military threat to anything on the ground, but assess it was a safety flight hazard and a threat due to its potential surveillance capabilities. Our team will now work to recover the object in an effort to learn more.'

More

They.normally have the 120 on the wingtip to reduce flutter.  The missile used would have been on the empty rail just inboard.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#43]
if our own government will do it to us at least 239 times. i see no reason the chinese won't experiment on us.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-military-tested-bacterial-weapons-in-san-francisco-2015-7?op=1
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More

It is an AIM-120 on the wingtip rail.  The empty rail on station 2 was carrying an AIM-9X.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:08:28 AM EDT
[#45]

alien sky jellyfish
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#47]
This is super fucking gay that I have to say this, but should we be worried about expending our current generation air-to-air missiles on fucking balloons? I'm sure we're not cranking them out in any meaningful volume.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is super fucking gay that I have to say this, but should we be worried about expending our current generation air-to-air missiles on fucking balloons? I'm sure we're not cranking them out in any meaningful volume.
View Quote

We’ve made 110,000 sidewinders.  I doubt we are shooting blockIII aim 9x’s at these things.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the time to be experimenting with the cheapest and lowest tech way of downing them.  Especially over Alaska or Canada.  The one at 20K feet, couldn't we just drone it?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Where's NEACP going?

Image won't load, bit it is out over St. Johns.

Page / 86
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top