User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That friend is a dumbass.
View Quote

What the fuck is wrong with you anyway Pyle!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't we have a large thread concerning those exact same crates?

Wonder if anyone got lucky
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Didn't we have a large thread concerning those exact same crates?

Wonder if anyone got lucky
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Cool-US-surplus-Hardigg-12-M16-case/5-2577809/?page=1
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess Eric Holder sent them to the wrong auction.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
At the very least I'd be stripping the parts off the lowers. And then destroying the lowers.
View Quote

What lowers?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#7]
That stuff happens to the wrong people!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mmmmhmmm. Always set the heavy "surplus military case" aside as a thank you gift.

Crazy he found 11 M16 rifles.
View Quote

Yep.

Those 5 M16s he found should be returned to the .gov
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How much would 12 M-16 brand new parts kits be worth?

I'd have thrown the receivers in the ocean and sold the kits.
View Quote

Or, you know, just keep everything, since at that point the custody chain is long since broken. It's not like they had to cut serialized locks or something to open the cases.

If they really wanted to be good citizens, they could track down the vets on the weapon tags, and make some anonymous home deliveries.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It’s always idiots that win the lottery. I order something on eBay I’m lucky if it even shows up with some bubble wrap to protect it
View Quote

No. You just hear about the idiots.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Dear ATF,

I never thought this would happen to me, but I found a box with 12 completely stripped M16 lowers inside. Weird I know! They're pretty light. I guess that's why the previous owner thought the box was empty.

Anyway, the box is under a bush at the corner of X and Y. Sorry for making you go get it, I'm sure you're super busy and all.

Have a Great American Day!

XOXO
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How small were those Fast and Furious tracking bugs the government put in rifles to sell to the cartels and then see where they went?  Asking for a friend.
View Quote

About the size of a roll mark.

There was supposedly some loopy idea about putting some kind of Raytheon-made tracking devices in the rifles, but that apparently didn't happen.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Why do I never find cool extras like that?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not worth the risk keeping the guns. It's not like you could sell them, show them off or even shoot them anywhere but a really remote place that you had to drive them to and from. Essentially, they would be 12 Federal felonies waiting to fuck up the rest of your life. The longer and further they are separated from the circumstances in which they were found, the less believable the story becomes to investigators, prosecutors and a jury.

But yes, I would be tempted
View Quote

Half of the Bill of Rights, amendments 2 - 6, blatantly protects gun running. Because the founders were gun runners. Live a little.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Why does shit like this never happen to me?

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#17]
E1: Sgt, this case feels heavier than usual, should we look insi-

E5: Just shut the fuck up private! And put it on the truck with all the other cases already! Hurry up!

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
At the very least I'd be stripping the parts off the lowers. And then destroying the lowers.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not worth the risk keeping the guns. It’s not like you could sell them, show them off or even shoot them anywhere but a really remote place that you had to drive them to and from. Essentially, they would be 12 Federal felonies waiting to fuck up the rest of your life. The longer and further they are separated from the circumstances in which they were found, the less believable the story becomes to investigators, prosecutors and a jury.

View Quote

Since this is a gun site I shouldn’t even have to say it but there is a single serialized part on that rifle, the rest could have easily been sold for considerable profit compared to the price of the empty case it was delivered in.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#20]
At the very least I'd have 12 FN uppers with furniture kits for sale on gun broker
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#21]
what a dumbshit
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
"One of the strictest things we have in the military is weapons accountability. So these weapons are missing somewhere from a U.S. armory, and somebody doesn't know it. That's the scary thing about that for the U.S. military right now."
View Quote

LMAO this shit is fucking common. I had a M242 (bradley main gun) in an army arms room that was supposedly in 2 different places in the US. The receiver was supposed to be in California, and the feeder was supposed to be in Texas. Yet I had them in fucking Kuwait. The Army fucks up their weapons accountability all the damn time and shit goes missing for sometimes years before anyone notices.
View Quote

This. I'm way out of date, but the system has been and will always be designed to cover the asses of the PBO types, balancing the books off of scapegoat captains when necessary. That goes for everything from rifles to tanks.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:22:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That friend is a dumbass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Finds case with 12 m16s then calls ATF
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Perfect example of why not to contact or have anything to do with the ATF.

they willingly came forward and notified the ATF, then are served with a search warrant, have their place searched, etc .

No good comes from trying to be honest and come forward to the ATF or FBI about something you found.  If you are worried, just toss everything in a deep lake or have it crunched without saying a word to anyone and move on before the ATF or FBI screws with you for trying to do the right thing.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why do people have to talk when they find cool shit. This is when you STFU, TELL NOBODY, and hide them for a rainy day and when the Chicoms or Russians decide to invade, whoop'em out like party favors
View Quote

Because you never hear about the guys who keep their mouths shut.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mmmmhmmm. Always set the heavy "surplus military case" aside as a thank you gift.

Crazy he found 11 M16 rifles.

Yep.

Totally. Those 4 he found should go back immediately.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lol

I just want to brag that I predicted this.
View Quote

I laughed
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They would have never found out if I had gotten those cases
View Quote

Same.  I never come across treasures like that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
CONUS there's pretty strict weapons accountability. However stuff going overseas and back has many handoffs and paperwork snafus. I imagine those rifles could even been from a unit that shipped them to DRMO, and the entire lot was written off as destroyed. However they forgot to empty one case.....
View Quote

This was exactly my thought.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Legally should be their property now.
View Quote

In a perfect world....

But I'd have probably turned them in too considering the potential future fallout.  Personally, the juice ain't worth the squeeze,  especially since I pay for my ammo now.

But yea, in a perfect world, I'd be up 12 rifles
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As a reward for their honesty, they get the ATF crawling up their ass for the foreseeable future.
View Quote

The system punishes you for their mistakes. They are saying who they view as the source of their now current problem.So you'll learn from it and never do it again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#34]
New home time!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I feel like I got robbed.

Mine was empty.
View Quote

I got dirt in mine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#39]
If I found 12 m16s I don't know what I would have done. I mean who needs 9 m16s. I would have taken all 6 of them to the nearest base and turned both of them in like a good citizen!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#40]
all of them still with various tags designating the military branch and name of service members who handled the weapons.
View Quote

That is an epic trolling potential completely wasted
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#41]
“Honey,, why’s there a bunch of pvc pipe and post hole diggers in the garage?”
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:10:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
As a reward for their honesty, they get the ATF crawling up their ass for the foreseeable future.
View Quote

Yep. Got a warrant and raided storage too. It sounds like they are looking to charge someone of they can. Our government is evil
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
clicking the link, the next story on that page was about a cop leaving a loaded ar rifle in the paring lot of a fiesta grocery store, and the lady who found it, with video.

houston police department oops
View Quote

"Nobody is going to be harder on that officer than he or she will be on themselves because that's something that you're trained not to do. But, officers are human and they're going to make mistakes," said Stephens.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Definitely the only ones professional enough- note the 'tard around 2:18 with the orange shirt clearing the rifle left handed, finger on trigger.  The guy in his car with the striped shirt turned in his man card years ago.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not worth the risk keeping the guns. It’s not like you could sell them, show them off or even shoot them anywhere but a really remote place that you had to drive them to and from. Essentially, they would be 12 Federal felonies waiting to fuck up the rest of your life. The longer and further they are separated from the circumstances in which they were found, the less believable the story becomes to investigators, prosecutors and a jury.

View Quote

Drive to B'more.

Yeet.

Lulz.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#46]
They didn't notice that one case was 87 lbs. heavier than the others?

ETA: Beat like a 4-inch dick.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:33:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How small were those Fast and Furious tracking bugs the government put in rifles to sell to the cartels and then see where they went?  Asking for a friend.
View Quote

They were pretty substantial. If you took the buttplate off the stock you would absolutely see it. Actually you would see circuit boards and batteries and wires because the components were just glued into the stock.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#48]
They are morons for letting that cat out of the bag.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:13:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:34:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Good job ATF getting those weapons of war off the street. Put there by the government.

Guess the dems were right- only the government can be trusted with them.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top