Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Why did the dog food druggy want to get into the rear hatch?

Long gun he couldn't bring through the plexiglass?

Who was the hero of the day?
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No tazers deployed? One officer could give him some juice and see how that worked. I don't know their policy on tazers, but in Texas even small town deputies carry them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
homicide team investigates non-homicide?
View Quote

All the time. This is also different as it is an OIS
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why did the dog food druggy want to get into the rear hatch?

Long gun he couldn't bring through the plexiglass?

Who was the hero of the day?
View Quote

He saw that’s where his meth baggie went?
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Show me you hands" has got to be the single stupidest thing in current cop vocabulary.
View Quote

It's from their training, and shows you how people react in an over-stressed situation.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pretty much just common plexiglass. About a 1/4" thick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How thick was that plexiglass plate that he broke and how did he break it?

Pretty much just common plexiglass. About a 1/4" thick.

Uncuffed I am betting it isn't all that difficult to position yourself to kick it out, especially if you are a young, fit cholo that doesn't want to be in there.

Related: Bet everybody in there couldn't hear for shit after the first round or two. Throwing shots in a parking garage has gotta sting.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's fairly easy for skinny men and females to slip the cuffs.

Standard cuffs only go down to a certain point.
View Quote

That is kind of surprising.
I am a skinny bastard and I doubt I could slip a pair of properly secured cuffs.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#11]
The guy did way to much while under arrest
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Tough day...
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Random handgun in a backpack?   Drop gun? Or someone not carrying their duty weapon?...not seeing why you would have spare handgun gun not on you.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#14]
@ 2:45 This is a perfect example of a Dipshit Firing Squad.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They need to stop cussing because it sounds stupid and it doesn't work.

It's not as if an armed suspect is going to say "Hang on .... he said to drop the "fucking" gun.  These guys are serious. I better do what they say.".

View Quote

And yet some do and say as much.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Random handgun in a backpack?   Drop gun? Or someone not carrying their duty weapon?...not seeing why you would have spare handgun gun not on you.
View Quote

I keep a bug out bag with plain clothes and an off duty gun.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Interesting posts.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Give that dog a biscuit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#20]
He just wanted clothes and a motorcycle.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I wonder if SPD made him fill out a 4473 before transferring that off roster pistol?

Did they report that gun as stolen?

Also did they run the Ammunition background check?
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Something I’ve noticed as an instructor at limited access courses, though this is purely anecdotal.

The average patrolman has been taught to respond individually. Which makes sense. Unless on some more task oriented team that trains together frequently, there is little (if any in some cases) real preparation to integrate into a team with other patrolmen/individuals should the need arise. This was a big glaring problem back when the “active shooter” training started getting pushed out nationwide instead of just in population centers.

The result is what you see here. As the situation deteriorated, more individuals kept arriving and doing different versions of the same thing. Everyone seems to be waiting for someone else to come up with a plan, or to tell them what to do. Everyone’s shouting different versions of th same instructions that aren’t being followed, and it’s just random chaotic yelling. Which dude couldn’t hear anyway.

The initial shock is forgivable, once in the sally port you can see the laid back lack of urgency in everyone when she starts trying to get help. Once guns were drawn though, everyone just waited. I know some will say “it’s because of all the BLM stuff” but there’s a lot more wrong here than being afraid of the blowback of a shooting. Nobody was coordinating anything, nobody had a plan and it showed. Different individuals were doing their own thing but not communicating.

Fucking communicating at some of these courses was so bad. Besides yelling “let me see your fucking hands”, nobody’s talking to each other. AR dude almost gets popped by the kid with the camera who takes a shot from his rear left. AR cop by the way standing in the open like a confused statue while the kid who shoots is just juking back and forth. There’s cops behind every support pillar peeking out and nobody’s taking charge. Running from cover A to cover B to cover A to cover B.

When we did courses we’d put patrol guys, most of them having known each other for years, in a position that they had to work as a team to solve. If one guy was designated as the guy in charge in advance, it went pretty well. If it was a group of peers with nobody being the decision maker, it would look like this. A ton of yelling, a lot of shifting around in the same spot, and it would drag on.
View Quote

You are absolutely correct about cops responding individually, at least in my experience. Luckily for me I am attached to a SWAT team that trains on the coordinated team approach and not just room entry/clearing.  Vehicle tactics are also trained on regularly.  Training in a team approach has paid off greatly on patrol.
I’ve been in similar situations with 4 or more cops circling a vehicle, all with guns drawn.  It can be pretty tense getting your partners to listen as well as keep an eye on the bad guy.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Oh look, another dangerous incident created by a female officer being a female officer.
-didn't cuff him properly (big surprise)
-leaves a weapon in car
-constantly flagging partners
-no tactical sense whatsoever
-they usually can't shoot for shit, they're worthless in DT/anything physical
-this is all the norm and general rule with rare exception
hell i bet her inserted mag, or one of her reloads, is not topped off to full.
they don't belong in LE, ever
View Quote

We can be friends...
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#24]
'the shooting review board will evaluate the tactics used by the officers'

Difficult situation but I couldn't help hearing the Benny Hill theme song at the first part of the video as they tried to figure out how to address things.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#26]
This is all that kept going through my head the whole time.
Crossfire (ft. Steel Panther)

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Amazing amount of restraint shown by the cops really.

Best day of that dog's life lol.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#28]
That guy was high as a kite.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone think of Demolition Man while watching the video?

Quote:"Erwin:
We're police officers! We're not trained to handle this kind of violence!"
Roy
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That was the most goddamn clown shoes shit I’ve seen in a long time. A month  ago he’d have been Swiss cheese the second they saw the gun. The level of risk they all assumed was absolutely insane.
View Quote

AB 392 is to blame.  CA changed it's use of force law last year and de-escalation before using deadly force is frowned upon.  No one can tell us what de-escalation is.  Also, morons in the news and on most gun forums frown upon shooting the son of a bitch in the back, even though that was the most tactically sound course of action, see Tennessee v. Garner.  The officer that left the gun in the locked, secured back compartment will get put through the wringer, but it's the Department's fault they did not provide a secure area in the rear of the vehicle that prisoners cannot break into.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They’ll be more than one “expert” that’ll say that he’s contained in the vehicle and/or facility and the officers should make distance, contain him, and call SWAT to resolve the issue
View Quote

I guarantee you that there's a SDPD Captain making that argument right now.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Give that dog a biscuit.
View Quote

Cholo was the biscuit
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What's the point of continuing shouting "Show me your hands!" to someone who has already ignored the command a dozen times and obviously has no intention of following that order, or any others for matter? And adding "fucking" into the sentence seems to have no effect whatsoever.

But it turned out ok, other than a $70k vehicle getting shot the fuck up.
View Quote

Meh, it's a 2014 and it's been rode hard and put away wet, did you see the hood?  At least it wasn't the new unit with no plates that was in the second or third bodycam.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
homicide team investigates non-homicide?
View Quote

all (Police) shootings
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think who ever left their back up unsecured in the bag will get days on the beach or terminated.
View Quote

Maybe. General rule is there's lots of guns in police cars.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That is kind of surprising.
I am a skinny bastard and I doubt I could slip a pair of properly secured cuffs.
View Quote

You could if you were higher than shit on meth.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I always kept my backup pistol on me. What a clown show though... Why the fuck would you intentionally walk into cross fire?
View Quote

Was it a back up weapon and a secondary primary sidearm?

Secondary primary sidearm is a spare, identical to your primary, in case your primary breaks or is taken after a shooting. Sometimes the secondary primary is a smaller gun for plain clothes.

Say you have a Detective that works in a suit. He might carry a Glock 19 during his regular work week. But when he signs up for uniformed patrol overtime he might have a secondary primary Glock 17 or Glock 34 for those assignments. His back up in both roles might be a Glock 26. Anyway, lots of guns in police cars.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's not as if an armed suspect is going to say "Hang on .... he said to drop the "fucking" gun.  These guys are serious. I better do what they say.".

View Quote

You could not be more wrong, sir.  There are indeed people who do drop the "fucking gun" when you swear at them.  You don't see those videos, however.  There are also people that if you talk to them in Adam 12 vernacular, i.e. "Sir, please drop the gun or I will shoot you," that would require a translator to understand the order.  In many cases, "Homey, drop that fotay or Imma motherfuckin clap yo ass!" Is far more effective and part of the Lingua Franca. Thankfully, I no longer work in such a neighborhood and can use Adam 12 verbiage, even when dealing with folks who do not understand it because the people I work for want me to shoot criminals. They also do not like swearing.  I refrain; from both shooting and swearing, because reasons.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Ha! Almost died doing what he loves. Have dealt with this particular clown too many times. Glad he headed south
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kept me from having to shoot a kid armed with a 1911.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've said over and over again we need two man team tactics training.
View Quote

We are slowing adding two person team training for patrol response to active shooter.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top