Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will take something really serious to wake people up.  A plague could be it.
View Quote
Perhaps literally plague.  Or typhus, cholera, hepatitis A, etc.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Homeless populations are skyrocketing in almost all major US cities because it is no longer acceptable to have the police harass and violently evict them.
It is also no longer possible to lock them up in insane asylums.

Until society gets fed up enough to take the velvet gloves off the problem will get worse.

In all honesty a plague may be the only way to remind people why it is a bad idea to subsidize druggies and crazies that squat in your city.

Until then no politician in the USA has the cajones to undo this.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You're an idiot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:That's the same refrain you use in every state you have claimed to live in.....But please, carry-on and continue to regale us with your Dutch Uncle spiel whilst doing nothing but expecting others to put in the work because Lord knows we would not want to get in your way of making money.

You're an idiot.
At least I'm a truthful idiot. I know a Dutch Uncle spiel when I read one.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Homeless issue in LA?

Lets bring in 3rd world shitholers with nothing but the clothes on their backs!

that should do it!
View Quote
and the diseases that come with them along with all their other problems
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Here in the MTN time zone, our bums are snowbirds and go to Phoenix for the winter and come back north when it gets too hot in AZ.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Easy solution to the problem...
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
“Literally, like Nero”

I kinda like that. A nice change from “Literally Hitler”.
View Quote
Does that mean there is a job opening for Rape Giraffe Trainer?
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are they worried about typhoid fever outbreaks there also!!??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not so in Seattle, they have a HUGE homeless population and it appears to be growing because they’re funding it. I was there in December with my wife. Never had a room key required to get into the breakfast bar at a hotel, until Seattle. I’ve never seen so many homeless. It was sobering.

Denver is beginning to have issues too but the weather will likely keep the numbers low(er). While rain is sometimes inconvenient, cold kills.
Are they worried about typhoid fever outbreaks there also!!??
A couple years back there was a typhoid issue at a Denver Qdoba.  
The downtown Denver vagrants are transported by bus nightly to a warehouse in Commerce City full of cots to sleep inside from the cold and bus them back in the morning for their panhandling jobs.  
No one in Colorado is homeless unless they want to be, especially in Colorado Springs due to the extremely high numbers of “do-gooders”.  Anyone who wants off the streets just has to ask for help from any one of multiple charities or churches and they’ll get attacked with helpful hands, food, clothing, and jobs.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Everyone is there. Most are from other states.

The only thing that stands out is the easy living. The weather in Socal is pretty much perfect homeless weather.

East coast people don't know what to think when they see how shitty the areas are where you hear about rich people living.

You could live in a 100 million dollar house and see human feces out front on the way to school everyday. Same as any other California city. It's another country.
View Quote
Certain places like Stockton, SF Bay Area and Los Angeles are rough but I don’t remember seeing homeless in significant numbers at Newport Beach or Simi Valley
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#16]
F*ck that whole state. Good riddance.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, all cultures are equal, all-inclusive, no judgements against anybody....
Unless you are a Conservative who votes against their freedom-stealing, ends the same way agenda.
Then you are just an evil, mysogonist, racist Trump voter who deserves to be hit in the head with a bike lock, and worse!
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dem plan for all of the US.
View Quote
Yep, Idiots!!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Hayward fault is considered the most likely next big earthquake
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That's not downtown LA. That's Skid Row. The real downtown LA is about 1/2 mile northwest.

Skid Row has been a slum since before WWII. It's where the vagrant drunks lived. They lived in the flop houses and drank in the dive bars or in the street.

In the 1960's, it became home to drug addicts as well.

San Francisco has their own version called the Tenderloin. It followed the same pattern of drunks in flop houses to drug addicts and mentally ill homeless. These people shit in the street because they can't even afford to live in the flop houses. And many of the old flop houses are gone -- developed into apartments and condos and lofts so the millennials with money can move in and brag to their friends how "edgy" it is to live there.

Skid Row no better represents Los Angeles than the Tenderloin represents San Francisco. All this clickbait BS is getting very tiresome.
View Quote
I am pretty sure TB and Typhoid infected people can spread out more then a few blocks, which is what the point of the thread is about.
 Innocent people like school kids and elderly will the first ones dying. Then infected people will leave, spreading their pathogens along the way.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was listening to NPR while grabbing breakfast this morning. The California Democrats are holding their convention this weekend.

I was thinking of the plague-ridden streets of Los Angeles when Barbara Lee said at :22 "California Democrats are the most progressive and the most Democratic and the wokest Democrats in the entire country!"

https://ondemand.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/npr/wesun/2019/06/20190602_wesun_democratic_candidates_descend_on_california_and_offer_a_preview_of_fights_to_come.mp3

They see nothing wrong with their governance. In fact, they're proud of it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This shall not end well.
View Quote
Sadly, it never does.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's not downtown LA. That's Skid Row. The real downtown LA is about 1/2 mile northwest.

Skid Row has been a slum since before WWII. It's where the vagrant drunks lived. They lived in the flop houses and drank in the dive bars or in the street.

San Francisco has their own version called the Tenderloin. It followed the same pattern of drunks in flop houses to drug addicts and mentally ill homeless. These people shit in the street because they can't even afford to live in the flop houses. And many of the old flop houses are gone -- developed into apartments and condos and lofts so the millennials with money can move in and brag to their friends how "edgy" it is to live there.

Skid Row no better represents Los Angeles than the Tenderloin represents San Francisco. All this clickbait BS is getting very tiresome.
View Quote
I was in LA in January, even Santa Monica is a shithole.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It will take something really serious to wake people up.  A plague could be it.
View Quote
Nope.  The idiots will establish a new “plan” while the disease burns itself out because people will self quarantine from the contagious.

Expect articles about how heartless other communities are for not allowing anyone from LA in and how evil capitalist bus lines have stopped all routes in and out of LA.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So the Gini distribution exists outside that communist shit hole of California? No I don't believe it. You're lying. Based on the non-biased reporting here I continuously see stories about San Francisco, San Diego, and now Los Angeles. The fine weather experienced on the west coast attracts the homeless from around the nation just as it attracts millions of tourist every year. Those cities do have large homeless populations when compared to say Minneapolis/Saint Paul or Buffalo NY where the weather does a better job of encouraging drug abusers to stay in a home or move to where the normal weather forecast isn't deadly.

There's 43,854 homeless in LA county which has a population of 9.8 million or about one half of one percent (0.5% ) or one out of two hundred people. Los Angeles has more chronically homeless, homeless veterans, and homeless young people than any other city in the country. About 75% of all homeless people in Los Angeles are living on the streets, in their cars, or in other makeshift situations, the second-highest rate of in the country. A special plague are all the hundreds of hopeful drug addicts that come to the addiction cure industry here. The successfully treated addicts go home while the washouts find comfort along skid row and in the parks.

To be honest I thought drugs, mental illness, and homelessness was a nationwide problem. I mean I hear about the narcotic problems in cities and towns back east on the fake news all the time.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Every single big city I've ever been to is a shithole . Every. Single . One .
So the Gini distribution exists outside that communist shit hole of California? No I don't believe it. You're lying. Based on the non-biased reporting here I continuously see stories about San Francisco, San Diego, and now Los Angeles. The fine weather experienced on the west coast attracts the homeless from around the nation just as it attracts millions of tourist every year. Those cities do have large homeless populations when compared to say Minneapolis/Saint Paul or Buffalo NY where the weather does a better job of encouraging drug abusers to stay in a home or move to where the normal weather forecast isn't deadly.

There's 43,854 homeless in LA county which has a population of 9.8 million or about one half of one percent (0.5% ) or one out of two hundred people. Los Angeles has more chronically homeless, homeless veterans, and homeless young people than any other city in the country. About 75% of all homeless people in Los Angeles are living on the streets, in their cars, or in other makeshift situations, the second-highest rate of in the country. A special plague are all the hundreds of hopeful drug addicts that come to the addiction cure industry here. The successfully treated addicts go home while the washouts find comfort along skid row and in the parks.

To be honest I thought drugs, mental illness, and homelessness was a nationwide problem. I mean I hear about the narcotic problems in cities and towns back east on the fake news all the time.  
None are no where near as bad but you already know that. I understand you love your state but lets be honest, it's a shit hole of epic proportions run by libs and it will only get worse. If you disagree you are truly in denial or high.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

OMG
View Quote
It's funny, until you have lived through it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Two weeks ago I spent 4 days/nights in San Francisco- hotel in Marina district, days in Financial district. I rode my bicycle the first two days, bus the other days due to rain. I think I saw ~6 homeless guys begging, no trash piles, no tents, no needles & no shit piles. Buses were very clean.

Based on what you hear from media or forums I should have been gang raped by homeless, injected with heroin and rolled in shit/piss every day. In the Tenderloin that might have happened. But it’s not “all over SF”.

I actually enjoyed the 4 days although I realized how lousy of a (bicycle) climber I am.
View Quote
It’s one of the wealthiest areas of San Francisco Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm not a moderator I'm staff. It's spell welshing with an "s".

The home must be sold before I can give the money though I do have that much cash in my brokerage.

The bet was that the number of homeless due to cannabis was less than 1% (percent) , not that metal illness was (number) #1 ... the little math symbol things are fucking confusing. I've always heard 50/50 thrown around as the balance between drugs and insanity and that's likely a good working number.

With the drug 50% I was betting that cannabis addicts formed an amazingly small amount of the homeless and that in my experience its been alcohol and what I think are heroin addicts as the worst-of-the-worst with meth coming in third but I'm only guessing based on the drug arrests I read in the paper. And stated I was only guessing.
View Quote

Well, we have achieved agreement.  Dope smokers aren't the big problem.

And they're not "little math symbol things" Mr. Speeling Monitur.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My experience too.

Very few Hispanic and no Asian homeless - their family bonds must be tighter.

There are plenty of shelters for the down-and-out. The local church group teaches classes in cooking and then puts the students into church member's restaurants for 6-12 months so they have an employment record and then they move out. There's a local vet shelter that likely has 200-250 men living in it in 1 bedroom/1 bath apartments.

The job market is exploding here and businesses are doing record numbers under the Trump economy. California is even sitting on a $22 billion dollar revenue surplus.  
View Quote
There are shockingly some Asian homeless in Chinatown now. Not millions but 20 years ago there weren’t any. But none in the Chinese dominated Sunset district south of Golden Gate Park
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If I recall my education ... it was the late 1960s/early 1970s where the federal courts ruled that there was a right to be homeless.

The drug treatments, the anti-phycotics, were showing promising results back then. There are some of the homeless out there who would respond to treatment. But as soon as they skip their drug treatment, selling off their pills for money, they become uncontrollable and too much for the family to handle.

I'm just trying to make the point that this isn't a Los Angeles thing and getting plenty of people arguing against that.
View Quote
Just post a couple GD links https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Seattle-is-Dying/5-2203598/and a map then
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
ZFG, they brought it upon themselves, let them reap their reward.
View Quote
We should care.  Every shitty thing the Democrats have inflicted on this country started in California.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nobody.

California is the Schadenfreude capital of bARF.CON.

Always has been, always will be.
View Quote
To be fair New York and Europe are too
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We should care.  Every shitty thing the Democrats have inflicted on this country started in California.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ZFG, they brought it upon themselves, let them reap their reward.
Yes sir, infectious diseases don't care if you are Republican or Democrat.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
So all that is OK because it’s a half mile from the “real LA”
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#39]
What a mess.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Half a mile isn't far enough. That's only a fifteen minute stroll
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is more than a little denial of the truth in your post.

A representative from the Mayor of Los Angeles' Office was on the radio discussing the homeless problem.  During that interview he quoted an estimate of 100,000 homeless in the City of Los Angeles.

Let me repeat that for clarity - there are approximately 100,000 homeless just in the CITY of Los Angeles

That estimate does not include the rest of LA County, which is HUGE - stretching from Lancaster to Long Beach; Malibu to Claremont.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This thread comes up 40-60 times a year for the last 18-years now.

I used to have +100 charts and graphs to prove the idiots wrong. Now I don't bother keeping up with them.
View Quote
Allow me to provide a first hand account in contrast to your charts and graphs.  When I was a kid back in the Neolithic (the 60s), my dad would bundle us all up in the family car and we'd go downtown (L. A.) to eat and goggle at the growing skyline.  Sometimes, we'd go to Clifton's Cafeteria, other times we'd go somewhere else.  When we'd go to Clifton's, we'd exit the 101 Fwy. (maybe the Vignes St. exit?) and proceed south to Clifton's.  On the way, we'd pass through skid row.  It was a block or two, that's all.  I think dad wanted us kids to see the wages of sin and he always commented on it.  We could have easily driven around that area, it would have been a 5 minute detour.  In a few minutes we'd be through skid row and then on to C's for dinner.  The streets around C's were well lit and THERE WERE NO HOMELESS.  Even in skid row, there were NO TENT CITIES - just a few bums walking around or leaning against walls.  Women and men were dressed up to go to C's.  It was grand.

No more.

About 10-15 years ago, the homeless population began to explode.  In the early 2000s, we had to give up a favorite outdoor lunch spot near Little Tokyo because the homeless tents on the adjacent sidewalk smelled so bad that lunch there was out of the question.  The homeless encampments (and I mean encampments) are SQUARE MILES now.

L.A. is a shadow of its former self.  Yes, there are very wealthy enclaves where life is great (well, as great as CA laws allow).  But folks, I'm telling you downtown and environs ain't what it used to be.  Not even close.  I have personally seen it happen over a half-century.  We can debate the causes and solutions, but the facts are on the ground (and in the air). The debate on that is settled.

Oh, and don't get me started on the Santa Ana River corridor in OC.  THOUSANDS of homeless live there where there were once none.  I used to ride my bike to the beach along the river.  Never again.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Club of Rome says we have to have an 80% reduction in the human population in order to survive and be sustainable.
View Quote
And how do we go from 7 billion to 1.4 billion? What happens to the other 5.6B? Will that reduction be randomly distributed worldwide? Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It was interesting to see so much stuff locked behind glass in a Walmart in with a police officer at the door. And that was in Rancho Cucamonga.

The posters on this site from California are nice and all, but you all need to stop acting like this is normal. Blocks of tents, tons of trash, laundry detergent and makeup behind locks is not normal for 90% of the country.
View Quote
Did they have any F-O- Sachey apparel?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#45]
It's drugs. People on drugs act crazy so people think they are crazy. Opioid addiction is spreading like a California wildfire. These people can't be helped, they are rabid animals. They must help themselves.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well, at least one of those homeless guys was working on his vocabulary

https://i.imgur.com/puOS5CG.jpg
View Quote
That looks like people are just dumping crap, probably illegals. They take money to haul shit away and just dump it somewhere.
Some of that garbage is from homeless but the majority of it looks like household crap, not food type garbage.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't know who is more delusional when it comes to these people.
The right who thinks they are just lazy people and/or down on their luck. "Get a job ya bum"

Or the left who thinks that pointing the money cannon at them (to the detriment of the taxpayer) or passing more laws legitimizing or allowing them will magically make them productive members of society.

They are broken, there was a time where they were sequestered away from society for their own safety as well as that of the public at large.
It is sad and unfortunate but that is the only real solution. Make mental asylums great again.
View Quote
Obviously we need more clean needles and safe places to shoot up.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Obviously we need more clean needles and safe places to shoot up.
View Quote
And fewer laws governing where people can poop and pee and screw and sleep.

Yeah, that's the ticket.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well that's just because of racism and gender inequality and because the economy is so bad! The fix is to legalise more drugs and create more social programs! It's inhumane to do otherwise!
View Quote
You laugh, but they will make that argument with a straight face.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Demographics is destiny.

If there were no street signs and maps, most people would think the Mexican border is much farther to the North then it actually is.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top