Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Never watched it. We didn't watch a lot of tv back then.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the very few short-hair hotties, IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I loved the show. Kitschy and fun. Missed it at times. I'd totally watch reruns if I found them to see if it holds up to my memory of it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dana Delany/China Beach

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Janine Turner
Halle Berry.
Audrey Hepburn.
Cowgirl bunny in Apocalypse Now.
Dana Delany/China Beach

Indeed

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have all the DVDs
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Because of this thread I'm going to start watching the show from season 1

Great show
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]
One of my favorite shows.  I have all the DVDs.  Need to watch it again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Penny (kaley Couco) was a little girl in one of the episodes
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, yes I did.

Awesome at first but got sort of strange by the end.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I love that show. Have the first 3 seasons on DVD. Haven't seen any of the others probably since they aired.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Janine Turner
Halle Berry.
Audrey Hepburn.
Cowgirl bunny in Apocalypse Now.
Dana Delany/China Beach

Indeed

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0e/89/1d/0e891dcaf733d809cddcb2c9d1f14dde--robert-picardo-china-beach.jpg
I thought she was hot.  But why the backwards pants??
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:18:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I always thought Ed Chigliak shared a resemblance to Billy Drago.  

Now I know why.   He's his son.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/13fdd29bc76eb8923d5a9219047cf6c8/tumblr_n77tz9vxPW1s3mivlo1_1280.jpg

Here is the little green man that lived in the woods that Ed would occasionally talk to.

https://enchantedamerica.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/alaska-ciciely-northern-exposure-green-man-troll.jpg?w=599&h=305
View Quote
i don't remember the little green man, but now i realize why ed looked so familiar after seeing the adventures of briscoe county jr.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:23:21 AM EDT
[#13]
My wife and I were just talking about that show this evening. We were watching The Thorn Birds (1983), which the wife adores and I can tolerate (thanks to Rachel Ward), and we were discussing how fat Barry Corbin was.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:29:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Never watched it. We didn't watch a lot of tv back then.
View Quote
It was pretty good, although I think they over did it in their portrayal of small town Alaska people as these quirky, deep, creative people as if it were Greenwich Village or the artistic community in Santa Fe. Without sounding like an asshole, I think it's far more common to find people living a simple life and having simple thoughts. And by simple thoughts, I don't mean stupid, I mean uncomplicated and down to earth.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:42:15 AM EDT
[#15]
The astronaut character Maurice Minnifield would fit in here.
Loved the show BTW.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:45:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Janine Turner actually used to live a few miles from me.

I think she finally sold that place a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:47:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Re watching the season 1 pilot now
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:51:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Not into acid or weed so I never could "get" the appeal of that show.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:52:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Dated a girl that looked like her. She was crazy. Her house was a disaster too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:13:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I watched reruns a few times when I couldn't find anything else.  It was alright for a soap opera.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:28:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I grew up in AK, there was only one TV channel. RATnet. We were forced to watch whatever was on.

I hated that show, everybody in Alaska hates it too.  

In the show the weather was always sunny...

It's never sunny in my part of AK.  In SE AK, it always rains.

Did I mention I hated it.
View Quote
Montana - a step up from Alaska.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:58:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes. That and Picket Fences were a couple of my favorite shows as a kid.
View Quote
Mine, too, except I wasn't a kid.  I pretty much got out of the habit of watching television after they ended.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:30:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Yes, my best friend was just like Fleishman on the show; a young Jewish doc who paid off his student loans by taking a stent in Alaska.  It was a real thing.  He carried the rank of O3 and was paid at that level but never officially served a day.  Weird program.

He told me the native inuit women could give birth and never utter a peep.   Totally stoic people.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Never saw the show but have a backstory for the group.  The house of the retired astronaut belonged to “Skip” Ellsworth a  fifth-generation log home builder and Bruce Lee's third student after coming to America.  Skip founded the Log Home Builders Association which teaches average men and women how to build a log home of their own.  Skip's Bio @ LHBA
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It was pretty good, although I think they over did it in their portrayal of small town Alaska people as these quirky, deep, creative people as if it were Greenwich Village or the artistic community in Santa Fe. Without sounding like an asshole, I think it's far more common to find people living a simple life and having simple thoughts. And by simple thoughts, I don't mean stupid, I mean uncomplicated and down to earth.
View Quote
agree to an extent, but then the town was also founded by lesbians and named after one of them iirc. which was kind of a bit deal at the time it aired. these days it would be where a pregnant tranny gave birth after getting knocked up by her pre-op tranny husband or some lovable communist wandered into the woods after rowing across the bering strait
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's kind of strange, I watched every episode on it's original airing, and really liked the show.  But unlike other shows I really liked I've never rewatched it.  Hell, I don't remember ever seeing it in reruns.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I probably watched every episode. Loved that show, but not sure how I would feel about it now.
It's kind of strange, I watched every episode on it's original airing, and really liked the show.  But unlike other shows I really liked I've never rewatched it.  Hell, I don't remember ever seeing it in reruns.  
Same for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
That was the point of the show. A big city sophisticate comes to BFE, expecting ignorance and poverty, only to find people as diverse and interesting as those he knew back home.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#31]
WTF? Nobody mentions Doctor Joel? He was the STAR OF THE SHOW!

(Was it Joel?)

Main thing I remember is what a big ass he was in interviews about the show. He was kind of like the way Pernell Roberts was about Bonanza. Thought he was too serious an actor for the silly material.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Watched EVERY episode brand new...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yes, yes I did.

Awesome at first but got sort of strange by the end.
View Quote
I'll agree with this. The last season was dealing with Rob Morrow leaving, plus a new show runner took over that had no feel for the show's quirkiness. It did get strange, with some performances out of character as established in the previous seasons.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Reunited ‘Northern Exposure’ Stars Look Back Fondly At Their Quirky Show | TODAY
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
And another one ate potato salad that had sat out in the sun for too long, caught food poisoning, and died. The one that froze to death took a nap on a glacier and froze, not an iceberg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Married three times.  One husband slipped on ice and fell of the roof. Another got hit by a satellite  that  fell from space. And another that froze on an ice berg.
And another one ate potato salad that had sat out in the sun for too long, caught food poisoning, and died. The one that froze to death took a nap on a glacier and froze, not an iceberg.
They were all boyfriends, not husbands.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Breaking the 4th wall before Deadpool

Northern Exposure breaks the 4th wall
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top