Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Am I too late?

ETA: Page 4 ownage
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I assume his phone. I have no idea how to record via zoom. I don’t want to either.
View Quote

He could have just clicked control +print screen
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My wife's work says that they need to keep their cameras on at all times during zoom calls.  She's on like 4-5 hours of calls a day.  She got so sick of it that each morning she films a 1 minute video of her pretending to listen along, nodding casually, then makes that video her looping Zoom background.  She then turns the camera off using the manual slide on her laptop, which just physically blocks the camera but doesn't actually shut off the camera, so her work just sees that she actually had her camera on.

If she has to talk, she can reach up and adjust the slide and it just looks like a momentary zoom glitch.
View Quote

@brewthunda
Can you tell us how she did that??  

Asking for a friend
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, and I thought I was being clever using a prison cell as my background (my boss was not amused).
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Shes pretty enough to be in the Members BOD thread…
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@brewthunda
Can you tell us how she did that??  

Asking for a friend
View Quote

Just google "looping video zoom background".

Here are a couple of guides that pop up: https://lifehacker.com/how-to-create-a-looping-video-of-yourself-that-attends-1842843207 and https://www.pcworld.com/article/398997/best-funny-zoom-background-trick-put-yourself-in-a-looping-video-so-you-can-skip-the-meeting.html

If you do it right, the background image of you will be slightly smaller than your actual appearance, so you can just keep the background running when you need to be on camera - your body will block that portion of the background.  When you reach up to slide the camera on and off there will be a bit of a glitch, but glitches are pretty normal in Zoom.

If you're on camera, make sure your outfit matches the background. Hence why my wife does a new video every morning.

She actually doesn't abuse it - she actively participates in meetings . . . but having the camera on 4-5 hours a day is exhausting.    

Don't share this with anyone else at your work or they'll fuck it up for everyone.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just google "looping video zoom background".

Here are a couple of guides that pop up: https://lifehacker.com/how-to-create-a-looping-video-of-yourself-that-attends-1842843207 and https://www.pcworld.com/article/398997/best-funny-zoom-background-trick-put-yourself-in-a-looping-video-so-you-can-skip-the-meeting.html

If you do it right, the background image of you will be slightly smaller than your actual appearance, so you can just keep the background running when you need to be on camera - your body will block that portion of the background.  When you reach up to slide the camera on and off there will be a bit of a glitch, but glitches are pretty normal in Zoom.

If you're on camera, make sure your outfit matches the background. Hence why my wife does a new video every morning.

She actually doesn't abuse it - she actively participates in meetings . . . but having the camera on 4-5 hours a day is exhausting.    

Don't share this with anyone else at your work or they'll fuck it up for everyone.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Gak!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ibtl
View Quote
and OP getting fired.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top