BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Continued...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Inner belt is somewhat adjustable due to its attachment mechanism and it looks like you'll have 2-4" worth of waist sizes to stay within. Inner belt also has loop side Velcro on the outside of the tightening strap so it too will be 100% "functional/grippy" when tightened down.

Attachment Attached File

With thin and light battle belts being all the rage these days, I think the GGG UGF is worthy of consideration. It appears to check most of the boxes. That said, this one is going on EE as I ordered the wrong size.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Dumb question,  I have a padded battle belt with velcro inner belt that I purchased here on the EE.  How can I attached my newly acquired Safariland holster to it?  There are no slits in the MOLLE outer to allow for the paddle to interface with the inner belt.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep. I'd imagine Vertx has a better ability to manufacture soft goods. Smart idea by both companies IMO. I've never seen the original Unity Clutch, so I'm not sure how they differ, of if they do.

https://vertx.com/tactical-clutch-belt
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet.

I have a gray that is my edc. I use the elastic magazine kit that you can purchase and it works well. When you say Vertx is making them, can you get them on Vertx's site?

Yep. I'd imagine Vertx has a better ability to manufacture soft goods. Smart idea by both companies IMO. I've never seen the original Unity Clutch, so I'm not sure how they differ, of if they do.

https://vertx.com/tactical-clutch-belt
Price is a heck of a lot better. i just wish they had them in multicam.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
First parts arrived today anxiously awaiting my Blue Alpha Gear MOLLE belt and Ragnarok holster.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dumb question,  I have a padded battle belt with velcro inner belt that I purchased here on the EE.  How can I attached my newly acquired Safariland holster to it?  There are no slits in the MOLLE outer to allow for the paddle to interface with the inner belt.
View Quote

Swapping to a UBL might be an option.

Edit: Just realized you said padded. How wide is the belt?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/122245/6F3EEDE3-577C-4F3D-A52C-D01BC655CA17_jpe-1715155.JPG
View Quote

4".  I'm not sure what brand it is, no labels.  thought about modifying it by cutting slits in it for the UBL paddle, then burning them to keep from unraveling the nylon.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure exactly what you are describing. The outer does have molle?

If so, this? https://safariland.com/collections/holster-attachments/products/model-6004-8-small-molle-adapter-plate-23112
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

4".  I'm not sure what brand it is, no labels.  thought about modifying it by cutting slits in it for the UBL paddle, then burning them to keep from unraveling the nylon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/122245/6F3EEDE3-577C-4F3D-A52C-D01BC655CA17_jpe-1715155.JPG

Ah. The UBL above runs 2.25” iirc.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If so, this? https://safariland.com/collections/holster-attachments/products/model-6004-8-small-molle-adapter-plate-23112
View Quote

It does have MOLLE webbing.  This would work, would the webbing allow the holster to sag?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It does have MOLLE webbing.  This would work, would the webbing allow the holster to sag?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea on that. Just remember seeing it as I was geeking out on holsters. I have seen one that was made from aluminum?
Spendy at around $70 though. North(something?)

Never heard of them just seen this while looking for a pic of the other one.

https://truenorth-usa.com/product/modular-holster-adapter/

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Does that True North holster adapter hold flat, as in not needing a leg strap? It looks interesting and solid.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How do you guys keep your kit so clean? Is there something you do?

Mine looks like shit with old mud, blood and sweat even when I try and wipe everything down.
View Quote

You are actually using your gear. Good to go!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I want to be able to use my belt with a 1911 and a Glock 22.  I know I can set up the holsters with the Safariland QLS system, but as far as I can tell I'm stuck threading my Esstac mag-pouches on and off for the different magazines.  My belt is a 2" Atlas Duty Belt belt from Volund Gearworks.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does that True North holster adapter hold flat, as in not needing a leg strap? It looks interesting and solid.
View Quote

Haven’t a clue. Looks like aluminum so I imagine it could flop up a little and maybe for an aft but I wouldn’t think much. (This is all going off the photo though.)
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I want to be able to use my belt with a 1911 and a Glock 22.  I know I can set up the holsters with the Safariland QLS system, but as far as I can tell I'm stuck threading my Esstac mag-pouches on and off for the different magazines.  My belt is a 2" Atlas Duty Belt belt from Volund Gearworks.  Any suggestions?
View Quote

Ten speed?
https://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-speed-double-pistol-mag-pouch.html
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn I’m even more confused now. Grey Ghost or Esstac for belt?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think you just summoned whiskers
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I ordered the G17 holster, but plan on using a G19 primarily. Did I f up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct.  They use an oversized light mold that will fit the standard surefire and streamlight models like an X300, X300V, TLR-1, or TLR-VIR II. It will not fit lights with external laser modules like the TLR-2 IR  or Surefire X400.

The important consideration with the light-bearing ALS holsters is the holster locks onto the chamber area of the gun and indexes with a barrel plug.  This means you cannot use a barrel longer than what the holster was made for.  You also may have issues using a barrel shorter than the holster was designed for.  As an example, a Glock 34 will not fit in a light bearing ALS for a Glock 17.  A G19 will fit but it may not lock up correctly.

With my holster for a full size P320, a full size M17 will lock into it with or without a light.  A compact M18 will lock into it securely with a light attached, but without a light the gun can be twisted in a way to defeat the ALS lock without moving the lever.

I ordered the G17 holster, but plan on using a G19 primarily. Did I f up?

As others have said, it will work fine
BUT, there is a considerable amount of additional vertical movement with a 19 in a 17 holster
I do not like my guns moving in the holster, makes me unsure of the retention. I doubt it would fall out, it is still retained very well, it’s just a feeling

ETA: I also don’t like the fact that I can reach in and touch the trigger because the mold is oversized for multiple light fit. I can’t pull the trigger, but again it’s a feeling of being unsure. The non light ones are much better

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Link to thread on handgun falling out.

The poster who failed to locktight it was at fault. Who doesn't locktight screws on gear?

It adds such minimal size to it I seriously doubt any claims saying its easier for aggressors to defeat purposely.

The benefits on glock or beretta holsters is also minimal to the point I haven't gotten any for them. The 1911 ones are very beneficial ime.
View Quote

I will look for it, and yeah, loctite screws on stuff like this. I use a P80, and when I grip the gun, the als release is in the perfect position for me, and I don't see how adding anything taller is going to make it any better. To me, it would just make the release mechanism more obvious to anyone wanting your pistol.
I have a GLS model, and I don't care for it because it releases when you grab the grip, so anyone who grabs the gun has a good chance of hitting it and releasing it without knowing how it works.
The up side is it will fit a whole lot of pistols.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:20:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

@Zakk_Wylde_470

https://blackhawk.com/quickmod-magazine-case/
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Zakk_Wylde_470

https://blackhawk.com/quickmod-magazine-case/

Great option but damn she's spendy, especially since I'd need 3 of them
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even though I purchased a GGG UGF, I also ordered a Blue Alpha. The BA Double Belt Rig appears to be the darling of this thread.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Buy once, cry once every time you make even the slightest change to any of your gear.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Even though I purchased a GGG UGF, I also ordered a Blue Alpha. The BA Double Belt Rig appears to be the darling of this thread.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2020-12-04_222850_png-1715404.JPG

View Quote
I learned about them on this thread and then read and watched several YouTube videos on them. I bought with confidence and can't wait for it to arrive. Others may like other belts better, but I have yet to see a bad review or anyone saying it it less than awesome.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Buy once, cry once every time you make even the slightest change to any of your gear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyway I went ahead and ordered a 6354DO RDS for my Glock 22 and another Esstac Triple Gap KYWI for the mags, gonna give the one-wrap hack a try.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Esstac bro.

Come on man.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I learned about them on this thread and then read and watched several YouTube videos on them. I bought with confidence and can't wait for it to arrive. Others may like other belts better, but I have yet to see a bad review or anyone saying it it less than awesome.
View Quote

Now that I have the GGG in hand... Looking at the Blue Alpha, two things come to mind.

1. The BA logo patch is huge and it is wasting valuable space. It should be a lot smaller and on the inside.

2. The outer belt strap should be routed to the inside like the GGG UGF. I hear they have quite a tail on them and most don't want to cut to fit and sear the frayed end because "muh, I might sell it one day".

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Mine hasn't even shipped yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Esstac Black Friday came through. Stupid USPS delivered my buddy's on Monday.

Muh kryptec
Muh cherrybalmz
Muh esstac mag

Literally all Whiskers talks about

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20201203_182150-1713517.jpg

Mine hasn't even shipped yet.

What is your order number?

Myself, the owner, and his wife spent Thanksgiving night, all Friday, all of Saturday and all Sunday shipping orders... tomorrow will be our first day off since.... so unless you ordered something thats a pre-order or a less popular item it should have went out by now.

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

My 1911 mags fits decently well in the kiwi double stack mag pouch for most uses as long as your not doing somersaults or combat rolls.  Or if you do, you could put a spacer in it for a snug fit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 2:53:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What is your order number?

Myself, the owner, and his wife spent Thanksgiving night, all Friday, all of Saturday and all Sunday shipping orders... tomorrow will be our first day off since.... so unless you ordered something thats a pre-order or a less popular item it should have went out by now.

View Quote

@RyanEsstac

Just a belt and BF bundle.

Ordered on 27 Nov, only received a confirmation email so far.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please allow me to further complicate things by suggesting Eagle Industries.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Volund Gearworks
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Black Friday holster shipped from safariland

My belt will be the last thing to actually ship
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Black Friday holster shipped from safariland

My belt will be the last thing to actually ship
View Quote

My IFAK (Arfcom costing me more money) arrived today. Already have my Esstac pouches and Safariland holster (both suggestions from this thread) - my actual belt is also the only thing remaining!
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#35]
I bought a used battle belt, and it suits my needs just fine.  I think I'll add another taco, and I need to stock my FAK and figure out a holster.  
Two questions:  
Is Safariland the only/best holster?  Seems like that's all I'm seeing recommended.  I run a full size 1911 and want a little drop.  Molle belt.
What's in your FAK?  TQ, Quick Clot gauze stuff, tampons, gauze pads, tape, disinfectant, gloves, aspirin, bandaids are what I plan to load mine with.  Tweezers, hemostats, what else?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I bought a used battle belt, and it suits my needs just fine.  I think I'll add another taco, and I need to stock my FAK and figure out a holster.  
Two questions:  
Is Safariland the only/best holster?  Seems like that's all I'm seeing recommended.  I run a full size 1911 and want a little drop.  Molle belt.
What's in your FAK?  TQ, Quick Clot gauze stuff, tampons, gauze pads, tape, disinfectant, gloves, aspirin, bandaids are what I plan to load mine with.  Tweezers, hemostats, what else?
View Quote

I keep my belt IFAK relatively simple...

TQ
Quickclot
Packing gauze
Duct tape
Small shears
Decompression needle
NPA
Gloves

And a 2nd TQ staged up front on belt
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#37]
The HSGI Slim Grip Slotted I ordered has been in USPS purgatory since Dec 3rd with no update after leaving the MO facility  Living vicariously through you guys until further notice.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The HSGI Slim Grip Slotted I ordered has been in USPS purgatory since Dec 3rd with no update after leaving the MO facility  Living vicariously through you guys until further notice.
View Quote

How long ago did you order it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

11/30
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

11/30
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

11/30

Promising
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#41]
this thread is relevant to my current interests.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#42]
If you had $100 to get a belt, what would you recommend?  Currently looking at the ats tac ltical mike kit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you had $100 to get a belt, what would you recommend?  Currently looking at the ats tac ltical mike kit.
View Quote

Stay away from that, I have one and it's garbage.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

TQ
Quickclot
Packing gauze
Duct tape
Small shears
Decompression needle
NPA
Gloves

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two questions:  

TQ
Quickclot
Packing gauze
Duct tape
Small shears
Decompression needle
NPA
Gloves

Why no compression bandage?  I think I'd take quikclot and a compression bandage before I'd take packing gauze, although all three is preferable.

Either way, to 1911fan, I would ditch the tampons, aspirin, and band aids for sure.  The gauze pads are less than optimal for traumatic injury for what they are as well.

My must-haves are a TQ, compression bandage, quikclot, chest seals.  Second to that is gloves, tape, packing gauze, and an NPA.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Why no compression bandage?  I think I'd take quikclot and a compression bandage before I'd take packing gauze, although all three is preferable.

Either way, to 1911fan, I would ditch the tampons, aspirin, and band aids for sure.  The gauze pads are less than optimal for traumatic injury for what they are as well.

My must-haves are a TQ, compression bandage, quikclot, chest seals.  Second to that is gloves, tape, packing gauze, and an NPA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two questions:  

TQ
Quickclot
Packing gauze
Duct tape
Small shears
Decompression needle
NPA
Gloves

olaes bandage and you have all that in one. they aren't expensive. not sure why everyone doesn't use them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#48]
These shotgun cards good for tampons?

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Esstac
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:41:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Esstac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Esstac

I just wanted someone else to say it.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top