Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you had $100 to get a belt, what would you recommend?  Currently looking at the ats tac ltical mike kit.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you had $100 to get a belt, what would you recommend?  Currently looking at the ats tac ltical mike kit.
View Quote

Blue Alpha Gear
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Tampons are for women's purses. Not for trauma medicine. Full stop. No.

The stuff you have is insufficient for a medical bag, and overkill for an IFAK.  And judging by the fact you think tampons belong in an IFAK makes me think you need to get some medical training before you touch anything.
View Quote

LOL alrighty then....  I'm asking for advice.   The tampon thing is from decades ago and I just never unlearned it, point taken.  Last FA class was decades ago also, and you're right I need to take one.  
Then again I've got two CPR saves, so some of the good stuff stuck.

Aspirin stays, I'm a creaky old fart.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Aspirin stays, I'm a creaky old fart.  
View Quote

User name checks out
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why no compression bandage?  I think I'd take quikclot and a compression bandage before I'd take packing gauze, although all three is preferable.
View Quote

Agreed, but only so much room. I try to keep my belt with minimum bulk. My belt IFAK isn’t huge.

I have a more robust IFAK on my PC/chest rig w/ an Israeli bandage and a 3rd IFAK in an assault bag, assuming I have all my gear.

Just how I choose to run it. Until it changes again next week.

And I agree, the STB classes are great, especially if you haven’t taken any other current first aid/trauma classes.

ETA: as it turns out, I do have a comp bandage in my belt IFAK. Lol...my new NAR IFAK has one. I forgot I was able to jam in in there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
User name checks out
View Quote

Arfcom really needs a like button, that was good!  

There's a Stop the Bleed class "only" 130 miles away from me next Saturday, left voicemail for the coordinator.

I just can't help feeling I'm going to need this information soon.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 2:13:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Got another question.

I settled on the esstac belt (thanks) I am thinking of adding a few mag pouches to my belt.

I want 2 mags for my glock 19 and a 20rd mag for my ar15.
Do I want a one piece (pistol and rifle mags together) or separate?  
Also what sort of way to attach the pouch? 1.75 belt clips?
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got another question.

I settled on the esstac belt (thanks) I am thinking of adding a few mag pouches to my belt.

View Quote

I like gap pistol and midlength rifle, separate.

In your case I'd go with gap pistol and shorty rifle. (Shorty will hold 30s great too, but probably nicer for 20s)

Yep, go with their 1.75" belt clips to attach Kywi pouches to belt.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#10]
@20229mm
Try the velcro one wrap
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I want to be able to use my belt with a 1911 and a Glock 22.  I know I can set up the holsters with the Safariland QLS system, but as far as I can tell I'm stuck threading my Esstac mag-pouches on and off for the different magazines.  My belt is a 2" Atlas Duty Belt belt from Volund Gearworks.  Any suggestions?
View Quote
Velcro One-Wrap. Makes moving the pouches around super easy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

In your case I'd go with gap pistol and shorty rifle. (Shorty will hold 30s great too, but probably nicer for 20s)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got another question.

I agree with Whiskers with the exception of the belt clips. Velcro One-Wrap is worlds better.

ETA: getting redundant on the one wrap thing
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#13]
So would you go with a pouch panel (rifle and pistol mags together) or with them separated?  
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So would you go with a pouch panel (rifle and pistol mags together) or with them separated?  
View Quote

I prefer separate for the same reason I prefer the gap on pistol pouches, slightly more space in between magazines. It makes it easier to grab for me personally.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got another question.

Yep. Middies can make pulling a 20 difficult unless you have a magpul.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to be able to use my belt with a 1911 and a Glock 22.  I know I can set up the holsters with the Safariland QLS system, but as far as I can tell I'm stuck threading my Esstac mag-pouches on and off for the different magazines.  My belt is a 2" Atlas Duty Belt belt from Volund Gearworks.  Any suggestions?

Already bought a roll
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Something I’ve been working on for a couple of weeks. A different type of battle belt. I foresee some specific uses for it.

If you didn’t know, Vertx now makes the Unity Clutch.

I was able to use some old kydex items and Velcro to secure my tools in the belt pockets. I like it. Conceals well and packs pretty small considering.

http://www.framehousephotography.com/img/s/v-10/p4070895931-4.jpg

http://www.framehousephotography.com/img/s/v-10/p4070895938-4.jpg

http://www.framehousephotography.com/img/s/v-10/p4070895937-4.jpg

http://www.framehousephotography.com/img/s/v-10/p4070908492-4.jpg
View Quote

Highly intriguing. Real world stuff. A little outer wear and your kit vanishes...
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Blue Alpha Belts MOLLE 1.75 Double Belt Rig w/ Cobra buckle & EDC inner belt -- $160

Esstac 1+2 Side by Side KYWI Shorty -- $50

Rescue Essentials EMT Rip-Away Lite Operator Kit -- $105
Probably should add a CAT tourniquet and holder

You'll have to pick out your own holster

All in, your looking at about $400+
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There's a Stop the Bleed class "only" 130 miles away from me next Saturday, left voicemail for the coordinator.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
User name checks out

They are good classes to take. I took a bullets and bandaids class at Sig Academy a couple years ago.  Great class.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, belt acquired.

Esstac mag holders are now being ordered. But, what is the best attachment method to buy with the double kywis for this belt? WTFstraps? MALICE clips?
Help me @WhiskersTheCat you are my only hope!

Also, which IFAK holder pouch to buy?

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OK, belt acquired.

Esstac mag holders are now being ordered. But, what is the best attachment method to buy with the double kywis for this belt? WTFstraps? MALICE clips?
Help me @WhiskersTheCat you are my only hope!

Also, which IFAK holder pouch to buy?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67457/49DD6429-AB93-4A61-8E6D-55987A5B4349-1728053.jpg
View Quote

I wouldn't do WTF straps.

Malice clips or the velcro one wrap IMHO
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Blue Alpha Gear
View Quote
this is what I got. 8 week wait. its nice. belt is thin. now that AWS labs belts can be had with 1.5" inner I would do that and save $50. also I want a padded inner option, like the HSG one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
NM double tap.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
this is what I got. 8 week wait. its nice. belt is thin. now that AWS labs belts can be had with 1.5" inner I would do that and save $50. also I want a padded inner option, like the HSG one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blue Alpha Gear
I ordered the HSG padded inner 1 month ago, and they tell me it wont ship until March.  
I've found a few assorted smalls and mediums at resellers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I ordered a belt and pouches from esstac, you guys suck

anyone know estimated shipping times? not a big deal just curious
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I ordered an extra belt from them last week and had it in my hands 4 days later
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're usually pretty fast shippers in my experience, normally within 12-36 hours
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had my stuff in days. But we’re in the same state.

Shipping is F’d right now. I had Mp5 mags shipped from WY 2 weeks ago and still nothing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#29]
ARFCOM BATTLE BELT BUDDIES
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I didn't want a big quote thing but thank you guys for the responses, I'm pretty pumped

eta: also no clips or straps, ordered velcro from amazon that was posted a while back...my funeral?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same boat. I had ordered a belt and some pouches on Black Friday. I emailed Esstac and they said belts were being made to order. I got my box last week. Nice gear. Worth the wait.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Feel like I should give a shoutout to Esstac. I ordered at lunch and already have a shipping notice. Literally can't do better than that lol.

I bought an Esstac Trim Bush chest rig years ago and absolutely love it, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Thanks to everyone that posts in this thread and all the pictures and recommendations, I have been needing to get this done.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wearing mine right now. My 2yo is counting 1...2...3 for me to draw and then helping me reload my comp-2
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Wearing mine right now. My 2yo is counting 1...2...3 for me to draw and then helping me reload my comp-2
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/Screenshot_2020-11-27-16-42-47_png-1731298.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/Screenshot_2020-11-27-16-42-47_png-1731298.JPG

Winning at life brother
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I ordered Dec. 1 at 3 pm. Had shipping confirmation Dec. 2 at 4 pm. And had packages on my porch Dec. 4 before 2 pm. I was very pleased with speed and the products that arrived.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm so ready for my Belt to get here! This thread has cost me money, but I'm super excited to finally put a belt together.  
Shit. I ordered and have received everything except the belt! (Blue Alpha Gear Multicam MOLLE)

I think I got some pretty cool stuff all reccomended from this thread. I think it's a decent start. Can't wait to attach it all!

ETA: Esstac KYWI gap pistol and 2 midlength KYWI rifle.  All separate so I have options. NAR ROO IFAK (black Friday special) with chest seals, Quickclot combat gauze,  compression bandage and CAT. (Have another, for PC with a few more items) T-rex Ragnarock mid ride for G19 and light.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Got sick of waiting for my HSGI SlimGrip to get here, so I went to my LGS and picked up a Blue Alpha Gear belt since I’ve been wanting to try a two piece belt anyways. I like it so far, although I think I might move my TQ a little closer to my pistol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I got another shipping notice today - this time for an Emdom dump pouch. Once that gets here I'll only be lacking my Blue Force Gear belt, though there's the possibility that I'll do a run 'n' gun at the end of January and I'll order a couple more Esstac pouches to get me to the recommended ammo load.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Got sick of waiting for my HSGI SlimGrip to get here, so I went to my LGS and picked up a Blue Alpha Gear belt since I've been wanting to try a two piece belt anyways. I like it so far, although I think I might move my TQ a little closer to my pistol.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389898/3ED35BA8-FC7E-48A1-ADF2-A83B42123331_jpe-1732640.JPG
View Quote
Looks good. I ordered that exact belt. Really hope it's as good as all of the reviews I've seen.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Of course I get an email from OPTactical saying they have STOMPs back in stock the day after my Burrito ships
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Well,

I got the belt, bunch of pouches, and then delved into the deep dark recesses of Safariland's product offerings.... Hory Shit! I think they have more SKUs than a super walmart......

Anyone have some advice on ALS holsters for a G19? No optic yet, and no light right now, but, plan to add both ASAP.

Oh, and I use the correct hand - the left one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well,

I got the belt, bunch of pouches, and then delved into the deep dark recesses of Safariland's product offerings.... Hory Shit! I think they have more SKUs than a super walmart......

Anyone have some advice on ALS holsters for a G19? No optic yet, and no light right now, but, plan to add both ASAP.

View Quote

ATS Tactical claims to have left-handed 6354DOs in stock, but only in Multicam.

https://atstacticalgear.com/6354do-als-holster-lh/

The RDS holsters are newer and compatible with more optics, but you might be waiting a while to get Safariland to make one for you.  The 6354DO is more tacticool, anyway

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Looks good. I ordered that exact belt. Really hope it's as good as all of the reviews I've seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got sick of waiting for my HSGI SlimGrip to get here, so I went to my LGS and picked up a Blue Alpha Gear belt since I've been wanting to try a two piece belt anyways. I like it so far, although I think I might move my TQ a little closer to my pistol.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389898/3ED35BA8-FC7E-48A1-ADF2-A83B42123331_jpe-1732640.JPG

I like it so far.  Disclaimer I’ve only worn it for about 15 minutes just walking around the house.  I didn’t want to order one online cause I’ve been burned on sizing before.  Fortunately there is a dealer near me that had it in stock so I was able to try it on before purchasing.  Bought everything but the holster at the same store, holster setup I already had.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The RDS holsters are newer and compatible with more optics, but you might be waiting a while to get Safariland to make one for you.  The 6354DO is more tacticool, anyway

View Quote

@Zakk_Wylde_470 thanks much! exactly the intel I was hoping to get. I see I'll need a QLS 22 mounting plate. How does the mounting plate attach to my battle belt? It's not super obvious from the photos I found online....

I'm coming from exclusively carrying concealed, and using Comp Tac holsters for literally more than a decade, so thanks for humoring all my questions!
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes, several.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@Zakk_Wylde_470 thanks much! exactly the intel I was hoping to get. I see I'll need a QLS 22 mounting plate. How does the mounting plate attach to my battle belt? It's not super obvious from the photos I found online....

I'm coming from exclusively carrying concealed, and using Comp Tac holsters for literally more than a decade, so thanks for humoring all my questions!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The QLS22 will mount to any belt attachment that's compatible with the Safariland's 3-hole pattern.  I just bought a combo QLS22/UBL from OPTactical when I ordered my holster.

https://www.optactical.com/sa63un2midri.html
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well,

View Quote

I picked up a 6390RDS Mid-Ride on Black Friday for my G45 with milled slide, rear sight behind optic and X300U. Hasn’t arrived yet so I have no idea how it will fit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I only use it for inclement weather when I'm wearing multiple warming or waterproof layers. If the weather is decent I use gear mounted on my regular pants belt.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Not something that I have so far
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Any pics of Velcro one wrap in use?

I’m rebuilding my belt. I need a holster for g19

New rifle mag pouch and a couple pistol mag pouches.

Rethinking my IFAK as well

I hate you guys.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top