Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
That's some expensive shipping on those blanks. I thought they would be cheaper to ship than live ammo because they weigh less without a chunk of lead on the end.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's some expensive shipping on those blanks. I thought they would be cheaper to ship than live ammo because they weigh less without a chunk of lead on the end.
View Quote
Yeah shipping for 500 is like the same as 100.

So... you know what to do...
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Pulled my F5 can launcher down today to do a receiver swap.

It is not an hour, do it in your living room barrel/receiver swap like a typical AR.

The blind pin at the 6 o'clock position goes through the tube, the tube mount (which is also the barrel nut), through the upper, and pins into the barrel stub 180 out from the standard barrel index pin (which it also has).

The pin at the 3 or 9 position pins the tube to the tube mount, but does not penetrate through to the receiver or barrel stub.

To do this, and to get it indexed back correctly, you'll need a drill press, a really good fixture vise, and plenty of patience.  I had to drill both pins out (not knowing how the thing was assembled, overdrilled the short one) and managed to pop a 3/32 bit in the process.  Disassembly took about 4 hrs including the broken bit.  Second time would take about 90 min with fixture setup.

I'll get to assembly later, but the new assembly will be threaded pins instead of roll pins.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Those pins are no joke. I didn't think the one at 6' clock would be as far in as it was, and ended up galling the threads on the way out. I can see why they would put them there, but its definitely annoying when all you really need is a set screw with a long nose if you really think it needs to be engaged all the way through the can launcher, upper receiver threads and into the barrel extension. Looks like this one isn't going on a side charger any time soon.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:45:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those pins are no joke. I didn't think the one at 6' clock would be as far in as it was, and ended up galling the threads on the way out. I can see why they would put them there, but its definitely annoying when all you really need is a set screw with a long nose if you really think it needs to be engaged all the way through the can launcher, upper receiver threads and into the barrel extension. Looks like this one isn't going on a side charger any time soon.
View Quote
A hole and a pin is way cheaper than a threaded hole and a screw, and most folks aren't tearing these things down.

A couple galled threads aren't a big deal, especially if you repin the base mount.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend of my wife's coworker is a tennis coach and had these to give away.

I couldnt let them go to waste

Any 4th of july pyro websites I should visit?

Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been using my can launcher to shoot tennis balls with line attached to pull antennas up into trees. I don't need anywhere close to the full blank power. I pulled down a couple of Atlantic M200 "can launching" blanks to reload them and found different amounts and types of powder in them. One had 10gr w/ filler and the had 5gr w/o filler, same bag of blanks.

I hate reloading the blanks though, does anyone know the actual chamber in the F5 launcher? It looks a lot like a short chambered 556 based on examining fired blanks. I'd really like a die that could form reloadable cartridges from standard 556 cases. I don't care about crimping the mouths, a bit of TP seems to work fine.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top