Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You bitches that don't eat anchovies probably don't eat fish sauce either. You are missing out on some delicious life changing umami.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You bitches that don't eat anchovies probably don't eat fish sauce either. You are missing out on some delicious life changing umami.
View Quote
Fish sauce and anchovies are the same in the sense that, used properly, you don't know they are there.  They just add a ton of flavor.

But lay whole anchovies on a pizza?  Way to ruin a good pizza.  May as well just skip the pizza and eat the anchovies.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I can totally do a slice if at a by the slice kind of place, and enjoy it.

I'd have a really hard time ordering a large pizza with anchovies though.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Add some jalapenos along with the anchovies.  Makes it just right.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Even when you pick them off you can still taste that salty/fishy nastiness.
View Quote
I worked at Domino's when I was in school. If you put fish on half a pizza the whole thing would taste fishy. We segregated any cutter that was used on a fish pizza.
You can ruin a pie just by slicing it with a cutter that previously sliced a stinky fish pie.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Extras for me. If there’s white ones around, I’ll eat the crap out of them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fish sauce doesn’t taste like decaying fish (even though it’s made that way). Fish sauce is wonderful.

Anchovies taste like fish gone bad. They’re foul. “Salty and fishy” isn’t the same thing as “umami”.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Add some jalapenos along with the anchovies.  Makes it just right.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lol @ the people with palate of a child.

And I don’t get the hate of pineapple on pizza. You have the salty cheese and the sweet pineapple. Add to that the acidic sauce and fresh dough, it’s like a perfect combination of flavor.
View Quote
I'll eat just about anything, but the pineapple on pizza never did it for me. Now, pineapple alone or in fruit salads, etc. Yes!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top