Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Cast your mind back. It's a crisp September morning. You borrowed $200 from me  to purchase the car...mainly because your girlfriend Beth said it was...I believe the term was "tasty." Since then, that "tasty" car has slept in an auto cocoon on my front lawn.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:23:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The K-12 dude.
View Quote

You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The real star of the movie. 1967 goodness. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Rickey, sorry your mom blew up.
View Quote

Doctor says she’ll be ok- she just won’t be able to eat spicy food for a while!
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#6]
A bus load of Nuns tripping on Acid just crashed through the door I gotta go
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cast your mind back. It's a crisp September morning. You borrowed $200 from me  to purchase the car...mainly because your girlfriend Beth said it was...I believe the term was "tasty." Since then, that "tasty" car has slept in an auto cocoon on my front lawn.
View Quote

ETA:
Beat while uploading...
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Help- I can’t swimmmm!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Back in the day I had an 80's boner for Diane Franklin

View Quote

She had me at “Last American Virgin”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Fraanch fries, Fraanch dressing…
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fraanch fries, Fraanch dressing…
View Quote

And to drink...Peru.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don’t think he thought it was going to be serious film so much as a more traditional teen comedy/romance.
Like I said, I just watched it recently, and in all honestly, it’s not really sure what kind of movie it wants to be be.
Still like it though.
View Quote

Interview with Steve Holland,

Savage Steve Holland stated in an interview that John Cusack hated this movie and walked out of the film after twenty minutes during a special screening prior to the star of production on One Crazy Summer (1986). Holland said: "The next morning [Cusack] basically walked up to me and was like, 'You know, you tricked me. 'Better Off Dead...' was the worst thing I have ever seen. I will never trust you as a director ever again, so don't speak to me' . . . He was just really upset. And I said, 'What happened?! What's wrong?!' And he just said that I sucked, and it was the worst thing he had ever seen, and that I had used him, and made a fool out of him, and all this other stuff . . . It was so out of left field that it just floored me."
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm gonna activate your dental plan!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This one line kept the movie from being released to the video market.
View Quote

I saw it on VHS.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#15]
cashhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Savage Steve Holland stated in an interview that John Cusack hated this movie and walked out of the film after twenty minutes during a special screening prior to the star of production on One Crazy Summer (1986). Holland said: "The next morning [Cusack] basically walked up to me and was like, 'You know, you tricked me. 'Better Off Dead...' was the worst thing I have ever seen. I will never trust you as a director ever again, so don't speak to me' . . . He was just really upset. And I said, 'What happened?! What's wrong?!' And he just said that I sucked, and it was the worst thing he had ever seen, and that I had used him, and made a fool out of him, and all this other stuff . . . It was so out of left field that it just floored me."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t think he thought it was going to be serious film so much as a more traditional teen comedy/romance.
Like I said, I just watched it recently, and in all honestly, it’s not really sure what kind of movie it wants to be be.
Still like it though.

What a douche. As if his supporting performance in “Sixteen Candles” was like Lawrence Fucking Olivier.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oh, looky here. Looks like somebody threw away a perfectly good white boy...
View Quote
That's from Men at Work.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It is heartwarming to be amongst these jolly men that recall all the great lines of this 80's cult classic.

Fun fact, John Cusack thought he was auditioning for a serious movie and was pissed off when later found out it was a comedy.  I guess his reading comprehension sucks
View Quote

So he wanted to do Breakfast Club II, but ended up in One Crazy Summer On The Mountain?
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#19]
That movie made me want a Camaro.. and Diane Franklin
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is one of my favorite quotes.  From any movie.   I’m still Lane.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I should be home right now, drinking this killer egg nog my brother makes with lighter fluid......
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That movie made me want a Camaro.. and Diane Franklin
View Quote

Don't forget the singer at the school dance, Elizabeth Ann Guttman, aka E. G. Daily.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Better Offf Dead: Howard Cosell
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, looky here. Looks like somebody threw away a perfectly good white boy...

Now that's a damn shame, when folks be throwing away a perfectly good white boy.

These lines were in Better Off Dead?
I only recall them from Men at Work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HDFm3myfWc

Wow, I didn't remember that part at all, guess it's time for a rewatch!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top