Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I've taken a little heat here and there for not liking modern "policing", when I should say I more so hate the divide that has been created between the police and the rest of us.

I will stand by everything I say about the disconnect with the people and the areas they serve. I feel the police as well as the public were better served when there was trust and all decent citizens in and out of uniform worked together and strived for well maintained and civilized communities.

All that being said, I can think of nothing more vile than a criminals.....all criminals of every type and color. who could destroy lives and families for whatever reason, and it's usually something stupid. Another thing that doesn't help.
Open season has been declared on the police across the nation from none other than the highest office. Think about how fucking sick that sounds for a moment........... It's now ok to destroy lives to make up for perceived past wrongs. Wrongs which nobody has lived, but yet are told to carry a chip on their shoulders about. And the whole time, Obama and all the other race hustlers can stand back with what they think are clean hands and claim they had nothing to do with it.

I don't care so much about graphs or numbers and I know this is nothing new. People die in the line of duty. But the fact that so many weak minded individuals are intentionally being pushed and prodded in that direction.....well.....I can't even put into words how wrong and evil that is. That paints a literal target on the backs of people in the LE profession.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
One in custody.

RIP Lt. Charles Joseph (G.I. Joe) Gliniewicz

His FB page is pretty wide open if you want to get a look into what he did with his life. He made a difference.

https://www.facebook.com/TheOriginalGIJOE
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The Fox Lake police officer shot and killed while chasing three suspects Tuesday morning was a 32-year veteran of the force who went by the nickname "G.I. Joe" and was married with four children, according to a police source and family.

"He's got four sons who are going to have to go on alone," said Terry Resetar, the mother-in-law of the slain officer, Charles Joseph Gliniewicz
. Tribune
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
@NickBohr

#FoxLake woman stands near scene where officer was killed. Sign says Police Lives Matter. @WISN12News at 5.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Good lord....prayers out to the fallen Officer and safe hunting to those looking to apprehend the bad guys.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully they catch these guys quickly, and some DA needs to  go after fyf and blm. Not what grounds.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Looks like Fox Lake PD was proactive on training for their officers.

Fox Lake police officer Kenneth Welsch, front, and Sgt. Mark Schindler make their way through a maze. Fox Lake officials have created a shoot house in the basement of the police station. Materials for the project were donated by local businesses.

Fox Lake police officer Kenneth Welsch, left, and Sgt. Mark Schindler make their way through a maze. Fox Lake officials have created a shoot house in the basement of their police station. Officials say the training will pay off in a real-life building search.

Rubber bullets are used at the Fox Lake Police Department's shoot house in the basement of the police station.

Fox Lake police officers Kenneth Welsch, left, and Sgt. Mark Schindler make their way through a maze. Fox Lake officials have created a shoot house in the basement of their police station. They can customize the maze to match actual buildings in the village.

Rubber bullets are used in these guns at the Fox Lake Police Department's shoot house in the basement of the police station.

Fox Lake police officer Sgt. Mark Schindler makes his way through a maze. Fox Lake officials have created a shoot house in the basement of the police station.

What a damn shame another brother in blue was killed.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hopefully they catch these guys quickly, and some DA needs to  go after fyf and blm. Not what grounds.
View Quote

I think RICO could be made to fit...

I really think we need to start taking all of these assholes that call for this sort of shit, whether they're the white ones calling for a race war, or the black, and put their sorry asses into prison together. Especially all the "academic" theoreticians behind the agitation. Let them find out what a race war is like, from inside the confines of a prison. Might be interesting to see how many attitudes change, once they realize what they're striving for.

The other thing we really need to do is start paying more attention to schools in the black community. It's readily apparent from a lot of what's been said that the mathematics curriculum hasn't been emphasized enough, because the BLM types don't seem to grasp that they're a member of a minority that's only about 13% of the population, and them starting shit isn't going to end with them winning. If and when they start lynching isolated whites, the aftermath of that is going to make all the stories of what happened in Oklahoma at the turn of the last century look kinda tame. Especially if they start going after the Hispanics...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#11]
poor kids.

This shit needs to end.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Sad story.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I hope your source is good (I'm sure it is) and the one rolls on the others. Get these fuckers locked up by sundown.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One in custody.

I hope your source is good (I'm sure it is) and the one rolls on the others. Get these fuckers locked up by sundown.

They just reopened Route 12, press conference imminent... was supposed to be at 3:45p

ETA - missed the source comment - regarding the one in custody, I was going off the TV news, I've been flipping channels and don't recall which one reported it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They just reopened Route 12, press conference imminent... was supposed to be at 3:45p
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One in custody.

I hope the rat fuck gives up the other two.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One in custody.

Any streams to watch the PC?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Reports now say none in custody. Still looking for 3.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not ruling out some ISIS inspired shit. RIP Lt..
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Scanner:

Officer attempting to intercept a suspicious vehicle occupied three times. Two white males, one black male. Black male in a hat* keeps putting his head down. Requesting air unit

*earlier description included black male wearing a fishing hat
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Any streams to watch the PC?
View Quote

Here is a replay. It says live, but you can rewind it.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/live

WGN News live stream

http://wgntv.com/on-air/live-streaming/
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn, sorry to hear another officer has been killed..RIP and prayers out to all his family and friends....
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Damn, sorry to hear another officer has been killed..RIP and prayers out to all his family and friends....
View Quote

Wait, so two were killed? Or do you just mean another this week?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#23]
DAMN!!!!

Rest easy brother Prayers sent out to Officer's family and co-workers
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Send in the burners.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I echo all the comments here.  

RIP to an outstanding man, father, and officer.  

I hope the arrest is painful for the perps.  Very, very painful.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No, they don't need to be in a cell.

They need to be excoriated from all corners of society because that kind of shit is unacceptable. From the president down to the lowest city councilman and every celev the entire society should be joining together to proclaim that kind of shit unacceptable.

But when the president pals around with a dude who mailed bombs to police departments, what the fuck can anyone expect?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The BLM assholes that called for killing cops need to be rounded up and put in a cell.

No, they don't need to be in a cell.

They need to be excoriated from all corners of society because that kind of shit is unacceptable. From the president down to the lowest city councilman and every celev the entire society should be joining together to proclaim that kind of shit unacceptable.

But when the president pals around with a dude who mailed bombs to police departments, what the fuck can anyone expect?

Fundamental Change

Godspeed officer
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#29]
IT'S OBAMA'S FAULT

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Did they catch the perps yet???

RIP to the officer and his family.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm ready to start shooting here.
 This bullshit will only escalate, until someone stands up. We citizens need to watch our cops backs.
RIP, Officer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did they catch the perps yet???

RIP to the officer and his family.
View Quote

Nope. All three still on the run.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm ready to start shooting here.
 This bullshit will only escalate, until someone stands up. We citizens need to watch our cops backs.
RIP, Officer.
View Quote

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet. I'm still of the mind this was a traffic stop gone bad and had nothing to do with the BLM crap.
I am speculating though. Anything could have transpired.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I live 40 minutes away and I work for the local railroad that runs up there. I have been hearing that it is going to be a huge mess when the sun goes down. I know of a huge security concern and when I brought it up I was told we(the railroad) doesn't need to worry about it.  I am very happy I do not work the Fox Lake line. I am very surprised it is not getting more coverage on the local news. 32 years in service. I really hope they catch these shit bags but I think they are long gone by now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There's no indication of any political motive right now.

Odds are it was traffic stop of a car registered to someone with an active warrant, or lengthy criminal history - someone decided he'd rather be killed than go back to jail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this is not domestic terrorism, then what is?

Odds are it was traffic stop of a car registered to someone with an active warrant, or lengthy criminal history - someone decided he'd rather be killed than go back to jail.

And combine that with maybe a split second of hesitation on the part of the cop because of all the bullshit that has gone on, and maybe that's what got him killed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a brother (LE)  on scene in Fox Lake,  . He says the heat is kicking there ass. Lot's of heat related issues down there. Gotta be tough tromping around in 95 degree heat with vest on.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
And combine that with maybe a split second of hesitation on the part of the cop because of all the bullshit that has gone on, and maybe that's what got him killed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If this is not domestic terrorism, then what is?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Nothing new on the ground here yet.  Couple helos are down for fuel
at the moment, requestiong all available night vision be brought to the area.

Gonna be one of those nights.  No suspects in custody yet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nothing new on the ground here yet.  Couple helos are down for fuel
at the moment, requestiong all available night vision be brought to the area.

Gonna be one of those nights.  No suspects in custody yet.
View Quote

Thanks for the update
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#41]
jg
   ?@JustinGlawe
5 minutes ago

Fox Lake cop over scanner: "Be advised we got somebody. We're approaching him right now."

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So when are the #BLM folks going to be treated as a home grown terrorist group?
View Quote

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Joking, right ?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
jg    ?@JustinGlawe 5 minutes ago                                        Fox Lake cop over scanner: "Be advised we got somebody. We're approaching him right now."

View Quote

Yes, a helo was hovering over a red car, requesting officers to move in.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have a brother (LE)  on scene in Fox Lake,  . He says the heat is kicking there ass. Lot's of heat related issues down there. Gotta be tough tromping around in 95 degree heat with vest on.
View Quote

I would bring cases of water but I know I wouldn't get close unless I called the Metra police and used them to get in for a drop off. I am surprised people are not offering.water and a quick cool off in their home. I would.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bienvenue a la fiesta amigo.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I would bring cases of water but I know I wouldn't get close unless I called the Metra police and used them to get in for a drop off. I am surprised people are not offering.water and a quick cool off in their home. I would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not a police officer, so I have no idea how that works.

Would the police even take the water or go inside someone's home to cool off?

If I were an officer, the idea of doing that would make me nervous as hell given what has happened today.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Tango, I know you work in the area.
I'm sure they'd appreciate it, he was stomping through the marsh/swamp area. He said he was treated for heat issues once today and he went back out again. I imagine it was pretty chaotic early on today.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top