Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 60
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does a threat need to be verbal? After being told to leave and refusing to do so, instead continue yelling, pointing, walking around…does that not seem threatening in such circumstance?
View Quote

Just watch the rekeita law break down
Eta: no, it's not threatening to say you are going to subpoena everyone for keeping his kid from him. He doesn't mention anything violent until Napoleon comes out with a rifle
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It's amazing to see the change in the direction of GD's legal eagles from the 1st page to this one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This looks more like a case where:

the guy in black decides to go get a gun in an attempt to intimidate the guy in green into leaving

Green shirt calls the bluff and chest bumping begins (black shirt doesn't act like he's concerned with weapon retention

Black gets mad when he's spun into the yard and shoots green shirt
View Quote

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did watch some and the main host favored black shirt.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thats true but what is your point?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever terminology you want to use, it's clear to me the guy used his hands and fingers to (grab, grasp, hold) the shooter and the weapon in a manner that allowed him to pull the shooter towards him, spin him around 180 degrees, and launch him off the porch.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/Screen_Shot_2021-11-26_at_10_52_53_AM-2181934.pnghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/Screen_Shot_2021-11-26_at_10_53_48_AM-2181935.pnghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/Screen_Shot_2021-11-26_at_10_53_21_AM-2181936.pnghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/Screen_Shot_2021-11-26_at_11_13_25_AM-2181938.png

That was definitely after the first shot. All bets are off then.
Green shirt gets physical, threatens to take an use gun. He looks down, raises arm. Reaches for magazine. It looks like Black shirt thought so as well, based on how he jerks the rifle back. Fires "warning" shot. Green shirt grabs gun, swings black shirt into yard.
https://i.imgur.com/qEwFwky.gif

Is it a "warning shot" or ND? Can anyone confirm either with vetted information?
I don't know. It looks intentional. It looks like black shirt thought green shirt was going for gun, and shot. Why did he shoot down? Maybe he was concerned about over penetration, maybe he was worried about another gun grab. ???

He was threatened, assaulted, and may have believed green shirt was following through and trying to disarm him.

I can certainly see that as a possibility. The nudge by green shirt prior to the discharge is very visible as is black shirt’s reaction to that nudge.

ETA: Black shirt’s focus was on green shirt’s face during that timeframe and black shirt felt green shirt made a move towards his firearm. This is on the tail side of green shirt’s threat to forcibly take his firearm from him and (??????).
We don’t know how much force black shirt was pressing/ twisting the gun into green shirt to get the gun pushed back.

He reacted to the gun pressure by raising his arm to remove the gun from his side not to take control of the firearm.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

He did. Legally. Watch it all. They all agreed it will be a very difficult case for black shirt to win
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He reacted to the gun pressure by raising his arm to remove the gun from his side not to take control of the firearm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever terminology you want to use, it's clear to me the guy used his hands and fingers to (grab, grasp, hold) the shooter and the weapon in a manner that allowed him to pull the shooter towards him, spin him around 180 degrees, and launch him off the porch.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/Screen_Shot_2021-11-26_at_10_52_53_AM-2181934.pnghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/Screen_Shot_2021-11-26_at_10_53_48_AM-2181935.pnghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/Screen_Shot_2021-11-26_at_10_53_21_AM-2181936.pnghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/Screen_Shot_2021-11-26_at_11_13_25_AM-2181938.png

That was definitely after the first shot. All bets are off then.
Green shirt gets physical, threatens to take an use gun. He looks down, raises arm. Reaches for magazine. It looks like Black shirt thought so as well, based on how he jerks the rifle back. Fires "warning" shot. Green shirt grabs gun, swings black shirt into yard.

Is it a "warning shot" or ND? Can anyone confirm either with vetted information?
I don't know. It looks intentional. It looks like black shirt thought green shirt was going for gun, and shot. Why did he shoot down? Maybe he was concerned about over penetration, maybe he was worried about another gun grab. ???

He was threatened, assaulted, and may have believed green shirt was following through and trying to disarm him.

I can certainly see that as a possibility. The nudge by green shirt prior to the discharge is very visible as is black shirt’s reaction to that nudge.

ETA: Black shirt’s focus was on green shirt’s face during that timeframe and black shirt felt green shirt made a move towards his firearm. This is on the tail side of green shirt’s threat to forcibly take his firearm from him and (??????).
We don’t know how much force black shirt was pressing/ twisting the gun into green shirt to get the gun pushed back.

Possibly. But did black shirt know that, IF that is a true statement? Again, IF that is a true statement.

ETA: That occurred on the tail end of green shirt running up into the porch and threatening. Words used and tone, body language, physical contact.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He did. Legally. Watch it all. They all agreed it will be a very difficult case for black shirt to win
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Green shirt reached for the gun.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Eta: no, it's not threatening to say you are going to subpoena everyone for keeping his kid from him. He doesn't mention anything violent until Napoleon comes out with a rifle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does a threat need to be verbal? After being told to leave and refusing to do so, instead continue yelling, pointing, walking arounddoes that not seem threatening in such circumstance?

Black shirt told green shirt to get off property. We don't know what green shirt said. It may have been benign, it may have been inflammatory. We also don't know any history.

What we do know is, green shirt is the kind of guy who will run up to someone with a gun, yell `do it motherfucker, or i'll take it and use it' and get physical. Maybe black shirt knew that and decided being armed after whatever green shirt said was a good idea.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I assumed he threw the weapon with both hands and the shooter miraculously stayed attached.

Those pics show him controlling the aim of the PCC with his right hand while wrapping his left arm around the shooter preparing for the toss.
So now I think he threw the shooter to put some distance between them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Classic example of “you can’t provoke the situation and claim self defense”

Nothing in that video warranted him to bring a gun out. You can’t use deadly force to threaten somebody who’s not been aggressive to leave your property. He showed utter disregard for human life by just bringing a gun into a verbal argument.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He’s going to prison.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Classic example of "you can't provoke the situation and claim self defense"

Nothing in that video warranted him to bring a gun out. You can't use deadly force to threaten somebody who's not been aggressive to leave your property. He showed utter disregard for human life by just bringing a gun into a verbal argument.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He's going to prison.
View Quote
texas is weird...

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Per the widow:

Christina Read and Kyle Carruth have been engaged in an ongoing affair, despite Kyle Carruth being married. On October 30, 2021, Chad Read informed Christina Read that he had evidence of her affair with Kyle Carruth and that he was going to go public with it. On November 5, 2021, after 4:00 p.m., myself and my minor son were physically present when Chad Read met with Christina Read at Kyle Carruth's residence at 2100 90th St, Lubbock, Texas. We were there to pick up Chad's youngest son. Chad was supposed to have custody of the child beginning at 3:15pm, but Christina stated that, she "wanted to see him" as her excuse to why she had not produced the child as ordered by the court at the time required.

"I believe that Christina Read and Kyle Carruth engaged in a conspiracy to assault and/or murder Chad that day."

-snip-

"During the assault and murder, Christina Read was calm and didn't act surprised. She acted as though she knew what the plan was all along. She took no steps to stop Kyle Carruth from murdering Chad. following the assault and murder, Christina Read continued to remain calm, she didn't react, and she continued to record Chad as he laid there dying. Christina read did not take any steps to render aid to Chad."

https://www.fox34.com/2021/11/24/attorney-chad-reads-widow-files-petition-take-custody-his-children-their-mother-releases-video-shooting/

View Quote

Now its a party!!  

(Sorry, I'm a few pages behind....)
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This is where your train goes off the rails.  If he has the right to use force, but not deadly force (I don't agree, but these were your words), he can't justify walking into the house and grabbing his rifle.  

He murdered the guy, plain and simple.
View Quote
The Texas law frames the use of force and deadly force here.  The distinction being you can't shoot someone merely for trespass, but can use force to remove them.  

As to justification, he doesn't have too justify it, it just has to be in legal possession.  This appears to be the case here.  The justification for the shoot was dead guy approaching him, telling him he was going to take his weapon and kill him, and then grabbing his weapon and throwing him around.

It sounds like you may have an issue with how the Texas law is written out.  I'll admit I don't like how it handles this situation because I would have done things much different.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#17]
He is going to jail and rightly so.  He did not have to go into the house and get the rifle.  It wasn't a lethal force situation all the way around that I can see by watching the video.  

If I was on the jury depending upon the charge, I would probably vote "guilty".

But...

Dead guy should not have walked up and grabbed the rifle...  That was foolish.  He was trying to up the ante from the guy even bringing it out in the first place. Depending on how that was framed with Texas law, I don't know how I would have voted...

Forget it.  I don't know anymore...

I would NOT have voted guilty on the Rittenhouse case.  

Patrick
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Classic example of “you can’t provoke the situation and claim self defense”

Nothing in that video warranted him to bring a gun out. You can’t use deadly force to threaten somebody who’s not been aggressive to leave your property. He showed utter disregard for human life by just bringing a gun into a verbal argument.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He’s going to prison.
View Quote

Oh hell yes you can threaten deadly force after repeatedly telling somebody to leave.

When somebody tells you to get off, you better leave the property. If you don’t, you just opened all kinds of lawful use of force to remove you.

Try getting into an argument on a bouncer when he demands you leave. You don’t?  They can use all force up to but not including deadly to remove you.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Just wow.

Purple people think you should be a victim on your own property, run inside till bad man leaves.

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
He is going to jail and rightly so.  He did not have to go into the house and get the rifle.  It wasn't a lethal force situation all the way around that I can see by watching the video.  

Dead guy should not have walked up and grabbed the rifle...  Depending on how that was framed with Texas law, I don't know how I would have voted...

I would NOT have voted guilty on the Rittenhouse case.  

Patrick
View Quote

texas is weird...
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Now its a party!!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Per the widow:

Christina Read and Kyle Carruth have been engaged in an ongoing affair, despite Kyle Carruth being married. On October 30, 2021, Chad Read informed Christina Read that he had evidence of her affair with Kyle Carruth and that he was going to go public with it. On November 5, 2021, after 4:00 p.m., myself and my minor son were physically present when Chad Read met with Christina Read at Kyle Carruth's residence at 2100 90th St, Lubbock, Texas. We were there to pick up Chad's youngest son. Chad was supposed to have custody of the child beginning at 3:15pm, but Christina stated that, she "wanted to see him" as her excuse to why she had not produced the child as ordered by the court at the time required.

"I believe that Christina Read and Kyle Carruth engaged in a conspiracy to assault and/or murder Chad that day."

-snip-

"During the assault and murder, Christina Read was calm and didn't act surprised. She acted as though she knew what the plan was all along. She took no steps to stop Kyle Carruth from murdering Chad. following the assault and murder, Christina Read continued to remain calm, she didn't react, and she continued to record Chad as he laid there dying. Christina read did not take any steps to render aid to Chad."

https://www.fox34.com/2021/11/24/attorney-chad-reads-widow-files-petition-take-custody-his-children-their-mother-releases-video-shooting/

Now its a party!!  

Fuckin a. I agree. Few people pages back, including me, thought the whole deal was a setup to kill the guy
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Dead guy should not have walked up and grabbed the rifle...  Depending on how that was framed with Texas law, I don't know how I would have voted...

I would NOT have on the Rittenhouse case.  

Patrick
View Quote

It was absolutely a THREAT of deadly force. He told him to leave. Many times. THREAT of deadly force is lawful at that point.

When dead guy attempts to grab gun with clear verbal threats to use it against him…deadly force automatically authorized.

Turn it around. A business owner tells you to leave the property. You don’t. He shows a side arm, says leave. You now go for his gun. You now get lawfully shot.

When somebody tells you to get off the property, and you don’t. All kinds of use of force is now open.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Too bad black shirt didn’t recognize that there’s a time for a gun and there’s times where a gun isn’t appropriate.   This was the latter
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#24]
On the rekeita stream, they said if green shirt was standing on the porch during the shoot, it could be legally considered burguraly at that point but he wasn't on the porch when shot, he was stepped down off it, he fell backwards half onto the porch after being shot.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Now its a party!!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Per the widow:

-snip-

Now its a party!!  

Prosecuter (reusing line for GA Jogger Trial  "Who brought the Rifle to the Party?"  
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#26]
The widow doesn't seem that shocked either.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Dont know if bad shoot or not, i tend to think so, but it sure as fuck looks bad.

There was plenty of time to get your wife in doors, lock the house and call the law.

GEEZE

When assholes collide
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Dont know if bad shoot or not, i tend to think so, but it sure as fuck looks bad.

There was plenty of time to get your wife in doors, lock the house and call the law.

GEEZE

When assholes collide
View Quote

She wasn't his wife. She's the woman black shirt was cheating on his judge wife with
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Read the post I replied to... context is clear.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oh hell yes you can threaten deadly force after repeatedly telling somebody to leave.

When somebody tells you to get off, you better leave the property. If you don’t, you just opened all kinds of lawful use of force to remove you.

Try getting into an argument on a bouncer when he demands you leave. You don’t?  They can use all force up to but not including deadly to remove you.
View Quote

I worked as a Bouncer on one of the Busiest bar streets in Texas to pay for my higher education.  

You can Physically put hands on them to throw them out - but to use a baton, flashlight or other "weapon" and you'd go straight to jail & bar would get sued out of business.

Use Deadly Force?  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Uh, No...  I worked as a Bouncer on one of the Busiest bar streets in Texas to pay for my higher education.  

You can Physically put hands on them to throw them out - but to use a baton, flashlight or other "weapon" and you'd go straight to jail & bar would get sued out of business.

Use Deadly Force?  

BIGGER_HAMMER
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, No...  I worked as a Bouncer on one of the Busiest bar streets in Texas to pay for my higher education.  

Use Deadly Force?  

BIGGER_HAMMER

Yup, the rekeita stream covered that as well. You can use force but not deadly force
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wow baby momma really knows how to destroy lives.

Not to mention that cops don't care about enforcing visitation for dad's.

Bad shoot, bad escalation on all sides, and screw the family courts/law/LEO for destroying one kids life by eliminating the father here and broadly speaking society's fatherhood.

Tragedy all around.
View Quote

Meh. It's really got absolutely nothing to do with law enforcement. It's akin to them showing up to a construction site and forcing a contractor to use the  right trim in a contract dispute. It's completely civil law in every state I'm aware of.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I worked as a Bouncer on one of the Busiest bar streets in Texas to pay for my higher education.  

Use Deadly Force?  

BIGGER_HAMMER
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use Deadly Force?  

BIGGER_HAMMER

That’s my point. You can use force to remove them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#35]
The plot thickens.

We were there to pick up Chad's youngest son. Chad was supposed to have custody of the child beginning at 3:15pm, but Christina stated that, she "wanted to see him" as her excuse to why she had not produced the child as ordered by the court at the time required.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Use Deadly Force?  

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

I see you have bouncer level reading skills.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Is that No legally. Or no I dont think you should.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yup, the rekeita stream covered that as well. You can use force but not deadly force
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use Deadly Force?  

BIGGER_HAMMER

And that’s exactly what I said. Up to but not including deadly force.

Deadly force was authorized when he verbally said I’m going to use youre weapon against you and laid hands on it.

That’s a deadly threat.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Deadly force was authorized when he verbally said I’m going to use youre weapon against you and laid hands on it.

That’s a deadly threat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use Deadly Force?  

BIGGER_HAMMER

That’s a deadly threat.

I'm not so sure about that. The lawyers said the threats don't mean much. At least, that's what legalbytes said.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#41]
The black shirt guy fucked up going into the house to retrieve the firearm. I'd think he would have a better case if the gun was on him. I say black shirt is fucked. But it's "assholes collide" in Texas, so who knows.

Personally, besides possible jail time, I see dollar signs. Last thing I want to do is shoot someone. I'm certainly not doing it in that situation. I'd get my skanky whore in the house and lock the door. Call the popo and sit on the couch with my NV donned.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm not so sure about that. The lawyers said the threats don't mean much. At least, that's what legalbytes said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use Deadly Force?  

BIGGER_HAMMER

That’s a deadly threat.

Threats alone. They also added once there was physical act, those threats carried weight. Not verbatim but I think the basic gist.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use Deadly Force?  

BIGGER_HAMMER

But not Deadly Force - the law makes clear distinctions that I can't pull out a pistol & say - "Get out of this nightclub or I'll blow your brains out with this .45"

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
On the rekeita stream, they said if green shirt was standing on the porch during the shoot, it could be legally considered burguraly at that point but he wasn't on the porch when shot, he was stepped down off it, he fell backwards half onto the porch after being shot.
View Quote

I seem to remember that "burglary" in TX is trespass plus commission, or intent, of a second offense (arson, theft, etc) not just standing on a porch.  

Though I guess some one might could count the chest bump as "assault"...
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I seem to remember that "burglary" in TX is trespass plus commission, or intent, of a second offense (arson, theft, etc) not just standing on a porch.  

Though I guess some one might could count the chest bump as "assault"...
View Quote

But it is in this context
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

But not Deadly Force - the law makes clear distinctions that I can't pull out a pistol & say - "Get out of this nightclub or I'll blow your brains out with this .45"

View Quote
erm...

texas is weird...
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Threats alone. They also added once there was physical act, those threats carried weight. Not verbatim but I think the basic gist.
View Quote

I think it'll be argued whether or not green shirt was actually trying to act on the threat of taking the gun or was he just trying to get away from black shirt. Black shirt didn't seem to care about retaining his rifle when he went neck to nipples with green shirt. He didn't try to back away from green shirt. He even continued pressing forward on green shirt, firing at his feet, kept pressing forward and green shirt slung his ass out into the yard and turned to his whore ex wife then was shot
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Use Deadly Force?  

BIGGER_HAMMER

Quoted:
I see you have bouncer level reading skills.
View Quote

You can't USE Deadly Force to remove a Trespasser.  

You clearly have "Drunk" level knowledge of use of force laws in Texas.

Did I throw you out?  If so sorry & no hard feelz.  I was just a guy making his way through school the best way he can ...

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#49]
I dont know much about the law, but that shooter was a little faggot for escalating that to gun play.

Anybody who thinks that was a justified shooting is also a faggot.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#50]
It doesn’t help Kyle’s case that the first thing he says after shooting Chad is “I told all of you to leave.”  Suggesting his state of mind was to remove a trespasser not stop an imminent threat.

It’s still a tough call but I now think it will be ruled a legal shoot anyway.
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top