Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 60
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bullshit.  You cannot shoot someone for refusing to leave.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Classic example of “you can’t provoke the situation and claim self defense”

Nothing in that video warranted him to bring a gun out. You can’t use deadly force to threaten somebody who’s not been aggressive to leave your property. He showed utter disregard for human life by just bringing a gun into a verbal argument.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He’s going to prison.

Oh hell yes you can threaten deadly force after repeatedly telling somebody to leave.

When somebody tells you to get off, you better leave the property. If you don’t, you just opened all kinds of lawful use of force to remove you.

Try getting into an argument on a bouncer when he demands you leave. You don’t?  They can use all force up to but not including deadly to remove you.

You guys are dense. THREATEN use of deadly force after being repeatedly told to leave. That’s lawful.

The instant dead guy grabbed the gun, immediate, imminent, capable deadly threat with verbal assault.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Exactly what he did.  Let me calmly WALK into the house, fetch a Semi-Auto Rifle with a High Capacity Magazine, and then resume nose to nose "Barking Contest" with Rage Dad...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hard to see where black shirt felt he was in danger of losing his life.

He engaged green shirt and had to go chest match to show how scared he was.

Then when green touches the weapon, black creates distance, then fires?

He had a chance to de-escalate.. but why the hell would he even go outside with a gun?

Chicken egg situation.

Don't forget he thought the green shirt guy was so dangerous he left his lady friend outside by herself with him to get the gun

Exactly what he did.  Let me calmly WALK into the house, fetch a Semi-Auto Rifle with a High Capacity Magazine, and then resume nose to nose "Barking Contest" with Rage Dad...

Threats of deadly force are authorized after he wouldn’t leave.

Use of deadly force was authorized after the dead guy decided he wanted to take away a guys gun.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
this is the judge/wife/gf

Attachment Attached File
View Quote

Yummy!!!   Is it Taco Tuesday Yet??

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
People watch too much TV, if a motherfucker TELLS you to leave and does it from behind a gun, then leave, right now.

Right fucking now.

Dude will be just as dead regardless whether the shooter does any time.

Some people just don't care, and you are wise to not fuck with them.
View Quote
Yep. Real life isn't TV
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Kinda looked like Dad was cornered on the porch and no way out.  We need a Grand Jury to decide really.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing in that video warranted him to bring a gun out. You can’t use deadly force to threaten somebody who’s not been aggressive to leave your property. He showed utter disregard for human life by just bringing a gun into a verbal argument.

Oh hell yes you can threaten deadly force after repeatedly telling somebody to leave.

When somebody tells you to get off, you better leave the property. If you don’t, you just opened all kinds of lawful use of force to remove you.

Try getting into an argument on a bouncer when he demands you leave. You don’t?  They can use all force up to but not including deadly to remove you.

And that’s not what happened

Kinda looked like Dad was cornered on the porch and no way out.  We need a Grand Jury to decide really.

Dad as in green shirt? He was not cornered. His position was the end result from throwing black shirt off the porch. Your statement implies black shirt chased him into a corner when it the exact opposite.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep. Real life isn't TV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People watch too much TV, if a motherfucker TELLS you to leave and does it from behind a gun, then leave, right now.

Right fucking now.

Dude will be just as dead regardless whether the shooter does any time.

Some people just don't care, and you are wise to not fuck with them.
Yep. Real life isn't TV

What are you gonna do!!??  Shoot me!!??  I’ll take that weapon and use it on you!

Real life doesn’t work that way.

Those words, all captured on video, makes this justified homocide.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Use of deadly force was authorized after the dead guy decided he wanted to take away a guys gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had a chance to de-escalate.. but why the hell would he even go outside with a gun?

Chicken egg situation.

Don't forget he thought the green shirt guy was so dangerous he left his lady friend outside by herself with him to get the gun

Love a Guy from Kentucky Telling a Guy from Texas what Texas Self Defense Laws are ...

Use of Deadly Force is NOT authorized for Mere Trespassing.  Let's all say it together...  You CAN NOT Shoot someone just for being on your property even if they use naughty words.   Let's all say that again, You CAN NOT Shoot someone just for being on your property - even if they use naughty words.

He wasn't stealing anything.
He hadn't hit the Guy or the Gal.
He wasn't vandalizing anything.

Toy Boy should have told woman - "Go inside & call the Police" - walked in behind her and closed & locked the door.  Super Simple & easy.  Let Rage Dad shout at clouds until the cops show up & take him away, or document it for a Protective Order.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Absolute mess from the get go. Sounds like there is a lot of history here by reading those articles and I’m going to guess more than a few here are going to be surprised at the result of the courts.  Video appears to be another run of the mill domestic situation but maybe not.

The shooter has a lot more going for him than your giving him credit for.  His property, asked to leave multiple times; castle doctrine doesn’t require retreating on your property, firearms were brought forth after now deaded trespasser stayed on property(reasonable under castle), previous physical threats against the shooter.

This is going to come down to history and escalation.  History might contradict what some here are calling escalation.

If we haven’t learned anything from the Rittenhouse films-  please stop acting like u got the whole story from a single video.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dad as in green shirt? He was not cornered. His position was the end result from throwing black shirt off the porch. Your statement implies black shirt chased him into a corner when it the exact opposite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Dad green shirt.  I wasn't trying to imply anything.  When the shooter pulled the trigger it appears Dad is on the porch and shooter has lots of room between him and the deadly threat.  I don't know Texas law, and I don't believe the cowboys in GD.   I hope a Grand Jury at least looks at this.  Kid deserves it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, Dad green shirt.  I wasn't trying to imply anything.  When the shooter pulled the trigger it appears Dad is on the porch and shooter has lots of room between him and the deadly threat.  I don't know Texas law, and I don't believe the cowboys in GD.   I hope a Grand Jury at least looks at this.  Kid deserves it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s maybe 15’ between the two. That’s not a lot of room. That’s five or six running paces between the two.

ETA: Try it for yourself and see how quickly you can cover that ground.

ETAx2: You can do it in about a second from a stand still.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I definitely agree that going into the house and fetching the PCC to insert it into a verbal domestic where only threats of civil action are occuring is where he opened himself to the most legal hazard. Had he stayed inside and yelled through the window or door to GTFO and made sure the police were on the way to actually handle the trespassing he would have zero trouble justifying the shooting if either the father attacked the broad or stormed into the house.

Not only did he put himself at greater legal risk, he also could easily have been killed. And then potentially everyone there he cares about could've been killed as well. If the father wanted to take the gun he could've easily done so after the warning shot. He then could've used the gun provided by Kyle to kill everyone on the scene.

Everyone on scene is an asshole of one flavor or another except the person filming from inside who actually cared that someone was shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The black shirt guy fucked up going into the house to retrieve the firearm. I'd think he would have a better case if the gun was on him. I say black shirt is fucked. But it's "assholes collide" in Texas, so who knows.

Personally, besides possible jail time, I see dollar signs. Last thing I want to do is shoot someone. I'm certainly not doing it in that situation. I'd get my skanky whore in the house and lock the door. Call the popo and sit on the couch with my NV donned.

I definitely agree that going into the house and fetching the PCC to insert it into a verbal domestic where only threats of civil action are occuring is where he opened himself to the most legal hazard. Had he stayed inside and yelled through the window or door to GTFO and made sure the police were on the way to actually handle the trespassing he would have zero trouble justifying the shooting if either the father attacked the broad or stormed into the house.

Not only did he put himself at greater legal risk, he also could easily have been killed. And then potentially everyone there he cares about could've been killed as well. If the father wanted to take the gun he could've easily done so after the warning shot. He then could've used the gun provided by Kyle to kill everyone on the scene.

Everyone on scene is an asshole of one flavor or another except the person filming from inside who actually cared that someone was shot.

I saw that. They kept arguing after he dropped the dude like it was just another day. Crazy! Stoopid fuking people.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Love a Guy from Kentucky Telling a Guy from Texas what Texas Self Defense Laws are ...

Use of Deadly Force is NOT authorized for Mere Trespassing.  Let's all say it togather...  You CAN NOT Shoot someone just for being on your property even if they use naughty words.   Let's all say that again, You CAN NOT Shoot someone just for being on your property - even if they use naughty words.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chicken egg situation.

Use of Deadly Force is NOT authorized for Mere Trespassing.  Let's all say it togather...  You CAN NOT Shoot someone just for being on your property even if they use naughty words.   Let's all say that again, You CAN NOT Shoot someone just for being on your property - even if they use naughty words.

Facepalm.

I outlined exactly what made the shooting justified, and how THREATS of deadly force are authorized after being demanded repeatedly to leave.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, that's pants on head retardation.

Why would you threaten to kill someone when you're not justified in doing so?  

If he'd have come out with a can of pepper spray and hosed the guy down, I wouldn't be arguing it was unreasonable.
View Quote
texas is weird...
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Prison for life wasn't worth that. Shooter deserves max sentencing unless there was some real serious backstory we're not seeing.

Also FWIW- iPhones make 9mm sound movie suppressed. In real life it wasn't that quiet.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Absolute mess from the get go. Sounds like there is a lot of history here by reading those articles and I’m going to guess more than a few here are going to be surprised at the result of the courts.  Video appears to be another run of the mill domestic situation but maybe not.

The shooter has a lot more going for him than your giving him credit for.  His property, asked to leave multiple times; castle doctrine doesn’t require retreating on your property, firearms were brought forth after now deaded trespasser stayed on property(reasonable under castle), previous physical threats against the shooter.

This is going to come down to history and escalation.  History might contradict what some here are calling escalation.

If we haven’t learned anything from the Rittenhouse films-  please stop acting like u got the whole story from a single video.  
View Quote

The trespassing/custody argument wasn’t the only thing at play.  Dead guy’s ex wife (the woman looking at her phone) is having an affair with the shooter (shooter is married to somebody else.)

There are several ingredients to a volatile situation

1. Custody dispute
2. Love triangle (square, pentagon?)
3. Weapons-grade retardation
4. Egos/short man complex

All that mixed together and it’s not surprising that somebody ended up dead.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yummy!!!   Is it Taco Tuesday Yet??

BIGGER_HAMMER

View Quote

Can't imagine why Kyle would sue her for divorce to hang around with drama bitch single mother.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I must answer that with it is not a fact but your opinion. Fact is green shirt ran on to the porch, initiated physical contact, and used threatening language against black shirt. These are all facts represented within the video.

ETA: Also, it is a fact green shirt grabbed the firearm, making true his threat to take it from black shirt and *bleeeeep*. Before all these these events took place, it is a fact green shirt was told to leave by black shirt. It is a fact green shirt ignored every command to leave. These are all facts, not opinions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Threats alone. They also added once there was physical act, those threats carried weight. Not verbatim but I think the basic gist.

I think it'll be argued whether or not green shirt was actually trying to act on the threat of taking the gun or was he just trying to get away from black shirt. Black shirt didn't seem to care about retaining his rifle when he went neck to nipples with green shirt. He didn't try to back away from green shirt. He even continued pressing forward on green shirt, firing at his feet, kept pressing forward and green shirt sling his ass out into the yard and turned to his whore ex wife then was shot

I must answer that with it is not a fact but your opinion. Fact is green shirt ran on to the porch, initiated physical contact, and used threatening language against black shirt. These are all facts represented within the video.

ETA: Also, it is a fact green shirt grabbed the firearm, making true his threat to take it from black shirt and *bleeeeep*. Before all these these events took place, it is a fact green shirt was told to leave by black shirt. It is a fact green shirt ignored every command to leave. These are all facts, not opinions.

The jury will decide, we both watched the same two videos and have different opinions on what those videos show. He was told to leave but he was allowed to be there to pick up his kid. The kid that was being hidden from him. I think that fact is rather important to the situation. But the jury will get to hear the entire story and see the videos.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Screen name black shirt guy?
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#20]
delete
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The trespassing/custody argument wasn’t the only thing at play.  Dead guy’s ex wife (the woman looking at her phone) is having an affair with the shooter (shooter is married to somebody else.)

There are several ingredients to a volatile situation

1. Custody dispute
2. Love triangle (square, pentagon?)
3. Weapons-grade retardation
4. Egos/short man complex

All that mixed together and it’s not surprising that somebody ended up dead.
View Quote

5. The shooters wife is a judge.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How in the hell would that be a burglary?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On the rekeita stream, they said if green shirt was standing on the porch during the shoot, it could be legally considered burguraly at that point but he wasn't on the porch when shot, he was stepped down off it, he fell backwards half onto the porch after being shot.

Im not sure, it was said on the stream. Something about curtilage, being on the porch. I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one tv nor have I stayed in a holiday express lately
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It looked planned to me.

View Quote

That thought occurred to me, too. But other than he seems to be a major bully and loudmouth, I can't figure out why she'd set him up to be killed, assuming she was getting her monthly extortion payments (child support).
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm not so sure about that. The lawyers said the threats don't mean much. At least, that's what legalbytes said.
View Quote

Something tells me if these Legal Eagles were actually any good at their profession, they'd not have time to devote any effort to a YouTube channel. I took them for the talking heads they are.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Something tells me if these Legal Eagles were actually any good at their profession, they'd not have time to devote any effort to a YouTube channel. I took them for the talking heads they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not so sure about that. The lawyers said the threats don't mean much. At least, that's what legalbytes said.

Lulz. I assume you have never watched any of rekeitas videos.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Im not sure, it was said on the stream. Something about curtilage, being on the porch. I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one tv nor have I stayed in a holiday express lately
View Quote

Leave it to Texas to take a crime that everyone has a general idea of what it is (burglary = breaking into a structure) and twist it into something totally foreign to the general definition
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Leave it to Texas to take a crime that everyone has a general idea of what it is (burglary = breaking into a structure) and twist it into something totally foreign to the general definition
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a strangely worded statute
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lulz. I assume you have never watched any of rekeitas videos.
View Quote

No, I have not. Is he some hotshot Texas criminal defense lawyer? Cause if not....
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#29]
This is the definition of burglary in the Texas Penal Code.

Sec. 30.01.  DEFINITIONS.  In this chapter:
(1)  "Habitation" means a structure or vehicle that is adapted for the overnight accommodation of persons, and includes:
(A)  each separately secured or occupied portion of the structure or vehicle;  and
(B)  each structure appurtenant to or connected with the structure or vehicle.
(2)  "Building" means any enclosed structure intended for use or occupation as a habitation or for some purpose of trade, manufacture, ornament, or use.
(3)  "Vehicle" includes any device in, on, or by which any person or property is or may be propelled, moved, or drawn in the normal course of commerce or transportation, except such devices as are classified as "habitation."
(4)  "Controlled substance" has the meaning assigned by Section 481.002, Health and Safety Code.
(5)  "Wholesale distributor of prescription drugs" means a wholesale distributor, as defined by Section 431.401, Health and Safety Code.

Sec. 30.02.  BURGLARY.  (a)  A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner, the person:
(1)  enters a habitation, or a building (or any portion of a building) not then open to the public, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault;  or
(2)  remains concealed, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault, in a building or habitation;  or
(3)  enters a building or habitation and commits or attempts to commit a felony, theft, or an assault.
(b)  For purposes of this section, "enter" means to intrude:
(1)  any part of the body;  or
(2)  any physical object connected with the body.
(c)  Except as provided in Subsection (c-1) or (d), an offense under this section is a:
(1)  state jail felony if committed in a building other than a habitation; or
(2)  felony of the second degree if committed in a habitation.
(c-1)  An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if:
(1)  the premises are a commercial building in which a controlled substance is generally stored, including a pharmacy, clinic, hospital, nursing facility, or warehouse; and
(2)  the person entered or remained concealed in that building with intent to commit a theft of a controlled substance.
(d)  An offense under this section is a felony of the first degree if:
(1)  the premises are a habitation;  and
(2)  any party to the offense entered the habitation with intent to commit a felony other than felony theft or committed or attempted to commit a felony other than felony theft.
View Quote

I’m sure there is lots of case law on what is an appurtenant structure that would be relevant here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm pretty sure he's posting in this thread. Very vocal about walking.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If he'd have come out with a can of pepper spray and hosed the guy down, I wouldn't be arguing it was unreasonable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are dense. THREATEN use of deadly force after being repeatedly told to leave. That’s lawful.

The instant dead guy grabbed the gun, immediate, imminent, capable deadly threat with verbal assault.

I’m done arguing. When somebody tells you leave and you don’t. It opens up all kinds of lawful physical force. But NOT deadly force.

Grabbing the gun, confronting an armed guy that has repeatedly told you to leave. After saying you’re gonna use it against him  

Deadly force authorized. Automatic.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Saw the second video from inside.  

Put the two together and you have murder. Shooter was never in danger. He escalated the situation. The chest bumping standoff shows he was not in fear for his life.  If he created distance and gave verbal commands I’d buy you were maybe concerned.  The bravado peacocking will sink him.

Murder.  Wrongful death.

Broke and in prison.  At a minimum he’ll be broke.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#33]

WRONG on the GF angle.

That is shooters ex-wife (estranged then) who was NOT present.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

What legal code or law did shooter break by being armed on his own property?

You might be right about "you can’t provoke the situation and claim self defense”, but in this case since the shooter didn't do anything illegal, dead guy provoked it by initiating verbal threats of murder and physically assaulting the shooter.

Although I did forget this place is basically DU Lite and everyone is ready to fry the shooter simply for being armed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He is going to jail and rightly so.  He did not have to go into the house and get the rifle.    

Patrick
View Quote

And who exactly are you to determine when and where the law of being legally armed applies or not?
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone know who the black haired chick is outside?  White coat and black pants.

Seems her entire mental state was "meh" about these events.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok, so what's the actual update on this story?  The shooter has to be behind bars, right?
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What are you gonna do!!??  Shoot me!!??  I’ll take that weapon and use it on you!

Real life doesn’t work that way.

Those words, all captured on video, makes this justified homocide.
View Quote

Tell that to Detroit urban survival you filthy casual.

Do you know how to defend yourself against a striker fired weapon? Detroit urban survival training
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ok, so what's the actual update on this story?  The shooter has to be behind bars, right?
View Quote
Seems to have been handed off to the State due to conflict of interest, no charges at the moment.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Use of Deadly Force is NOT authorized for Mere Trespassing.  Let's all say it together...  You CAN NOT Shoot someone just for being on your property even if they use naughty words.   Let's all say that again, You CAN NOT Shoot someone just for being on your property - even if they use naughty words.

He wasn't stealing anything.
He hadn't hit the Guy or the Gal.
He wasn't vandalizing anything.

Toy Boy should have told woman - "Go inside & call the Police" - walked in behind her and closed & locked the door.  Super Simple & easy.  Let Rage Dad shout at clouds until the cops show up & take him away, or document it for a Protective Order.
View Quote

So when the guy came out legally armed, and dead guy says he is going to take the gun and kill black shirt, and then physically assaults him, that's just "naughty words" and "tresspassing"?

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You might be right about "you can’t provoke the situation and claim self defense”, but in this case since the shooter didn't do anything illegal, dead guy provoked it by initiating verbal threats of murder and physically assaulting the shooter.

Although I did forget this place is basically DU Lite and everyone is ready to fry the shooter simply for being armed.
View Quote

If this goes to trial, this is the picture they are going to show the moment before he fired.

They might enhance it a couple of times though

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The entire custody issue means absolutely jack squat to whether this was a lawful shooting or not.

Get over it, move on, let's not waste another word on the custody matter. It has absolutely zero legal weight on whether either party's actions were lawful. It gives no privileges to the decedent, and excuses no actions on the part of the shooter. Interference with custody, parental kidnapping, etc..none of them are legitimate issues in this case. Period.

Throw allllllll of that shit out, and watch the video. A resident tells a visitor to leave. Visitor makes it clear he refuses. Resident arms himself. Visitor indicates he intends to take the weapon (armed robbery) and assault the resident (aggravated assault/battery). Resident uses deadly force.

It's a justifiable self defense shooting. Move on.
View Quote
Thank you, 100% correct.
This all starts when that dude is told to leave and refuses.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On the rekeita stream, they said if green shirt was standing on the porch during the shoot, it could be legally considered burguraly at that point but he wasn't on the porch when shot, he was stepped down off it, he fell backwards half onto the porch after being shot.

He was gonna steal the porch.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I’m starting to think the huge disparity in all our takes is the state laws we are used to because I’m shocked how some think its ok to be a accosted on your own porch.
View Quote

If you go back inside your house like a pussy and grab your gun, then come out and shoot someone- you are a worthless piece of shit and deserve to get ass-fucked for decades to come in prison.  Absolutely horrific shoot.  Maybe he has a legal loophole, maybe not.  Him going inside and bringing a gun show premeditated murder to me.  Get your people inside the house and call the cops, asshole.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Looks like murder to me
View Quote
But, I mean, was it the worst murder you've seen?

Rumor has it that Greenshirt's eulogy was, "..He was a man who gave no fucks, and we are gathered here today to give no fucks..."

But, even if someone is an asshole, a complete asshole, I mean, the type of asshole who picks a shirt color where people can't tell if it's green or blue, I just don't think it's legal to just turn around shoot the guy because he's caused you embarrassment.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If this goes to trial, this is the picture they are going to show the moment before he fired.

https://i.imgur.com/zQqYPJ1.jpg

View Quote

Bingo.  That looks very, very bad for Mr. Trigger Happy.

Still, due to surrounding events and escalation by Mr. Unnecessary Levels Of Aggression/Stupidity (aka Green Shirt), I think it's only manslaughter in the criminal trial.

When assholes collide.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of folks in this thread posting authoritatively about Texas law, without actually knowing Texas law.

You can't use deadly force against a trespasser in Texas, day or night. Not unless they breach the envelope of your home. The threat to use deadly force can hence be viewed as assault.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still a threat after the verbal “I’m going to take it and use it against you” and attempting to do just that.
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top