Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 60
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this really is a difficult situation to judge without a lot more data but this is my take. green shirts conversation was give me my kid I am supposed to have. he kept saying 3:15 or something. what time did this take place?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The dad didn't come there for a fight; all he wanted to do was pick up his son for their scheduled visit. He kept his distance from his ex during their discussion, except for the one small step that he took towards her, which caused her to take one small step back, which looked choreographed to me.
The dad was big enough to take that carbine away from black shirt and kick his ass but he didn't.
The number of people in this thread who are okay with the gunning-down of the dad who was being victimized by his ex, makes me sad.
I hope that black shirt goes to prison and that karma catches up with the ex.
This type of scenario isn't why we have Castle Doctrine.
this really is a difficult situation to judge without a lot more data but this is my take. green shirts conversation was give me my kid I am supposed to have. he kept saying 3:15 or something. what time did this take place?

Sometime after 4:00, I believe.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He is a good article by a criminal defense attorney about the shooting.

https://legalinsurrection.com/tag/chad-read/
View Quote

thats Andrew Branca as posted above

ETA.. Again.. Maybe its totally legit.. Id not want to be in his shoes if it were me...
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Black shirt’s lawyer’s statement is setting that up:

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/kyle-carruth-attorney-makes-case-for-self-defense-after-deadly-shooting-of-chad-read/

Making the case for self-defense

Carruth returned with a gun and repeated his demand that Read leave. At that point, the video depicts Read saying Carruth can go ahead and “use it, m***** f***** because G** d***** I’ll take it from you!”

Carruth’s attorney, David M. Guinn with Hurley, Guinn & Singh, said the shooting was self-defense.

“All Texans may lawfully brandish a firearm to protect themselves, their property and their business.” Guinn said.

“When Kyle did that, Chad Read advanced on him,” Guinn said.

Guinn also emphasized Read’s threat to take the gun from Carruth.

“And instantaneously, he tried to take the gun away from Kyle,” Guinn said. “In doing so he was power enough to sling Kyle 180 degrees around on Kyle’s patio.”

“Raising his left leg, he was continuing his advance on Kyle, threatening him and posing an immediate threat. Kyle responded,” Guinn said. “This is a justifiable homicide.”

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Naw. Branca is a rando nobody... Who cares what he thinks?
Didn't watch, but from the comments it seems he disagrees with Rekieta and thinks it was homicide because of their positions when he finally shot, but if he was taking a step forward that changes his opinion (says that in one of his comments)?

I followed the Rittenhouse case closely but didn't listen to his analysis much - wasn't he second guessing the defense the whole way and saying they had blown it and Kyle was screwed though?

That is kind of where I am at.

He appears to shoot him from a distance after retreating. The photos make it appear unnecessary based on that. If Chad had been advancing it would probably be justified.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249377/Screenshot_20211125-231243_YouTube_jpg-2183789.JPG

Black shirt’s lawyer’s statement is setting that up:

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/kyle-carruth-attorney-makes-case-for-self-defense-after-deadly-shooting-of-chad-read/

Making the case for self-defense

Carruth returned with a gun and repeated his demand that Read leave. At that point, the video depicts Read saying Carruth can go ahead and “use it, m***** f***** because G** d***** I’ll take it from you!”

Carruth’s attorney, David M. Guinn with Hurley, Guinn & Singh, said the shooting was self-defense.

“All Texans may lawfully brandish a firearm to protect themselves, their property and their business.” Guinn said.

“When Kyle did that, Chad Read advanced on him,” Guinn said.

Guinn also emphasized Read’s threat to take the gun from Carruth.

“And instantaneously, he tried to take the gun away from Kyle,” Guinn said. “In doing so he was power enough to sling Kyle 180 degrees around on Kyle’s patio.”

“Raising his left leg, he was continuing his advance on Kyle, threatening him and posing an immediate threat. Kyle responded,” Guinn said. “This is a justifiable homicide.”

Not surprised they would try.

I think that is what it comes down to. I agree with Branca.

Probably justified to shoot him on the porch during the scuffle, probably legal afterward at a distance only if Chad is advanced.

Was he ? Could fall under debate.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hot air. Green shirt takes a step into the yard toward black shirt and it's game on, and that MIGHT have happened. Black shirt fired a few seconds too soon and about 30sec too late, IMO. When he emerged from the house armed and green shirt advanced, that was probably his best opportunity to escape prosecution. Black shirt has as poor of judgement in perceiving imminent threats as he does in choosing women.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Green Shirt was still yelling at black shirt, after the throw and during the shooting.
Hot air. Green shirt takes a step into the yard toward black shirt and it's game on, and that MIGHT have happened. Black shirt fired a few seconds too soon and about 30sec too late, IMO. When he emerged from the house armed and green shirt advanced, that was probably his best opportunity to escape prosecution. Black shirt has as poor of judgement in perceiving imminent threats as he does in choosing women.
On it's own, yes.

Mindset of Green shirt was still aggressive.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Branca obviously missed Green shirt grabbing the gun and slinging Black shirt off the porch.  There is a pic of Green shirt stepping forward just as Black shirt shoots him.

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Knew a guy that was in a similar'ish situation. We'll call him Bob.

Bob's wife was doing another guy (call him Jim). Bob's wife would tell him she really wanted Bob, but would always end up doing Jim again. Jim was a bigger guy than Bob and they had an altercation once already and Bob didn't fair so good.

The wife again tells Bob she really cares for him and so he takes a 22cal rifle to Jim's house to talk to her knowing she would be there.

Jim told Bob to put the rifle down and when he did, Jim went for it. They struggled for the rifle an Jim takes one in the belly. Ambulance came and took Jim to the hospital where he was stable and talking to folks.

A few days later Jim gets an infection and dies. Bob goes to court for it and the judge says "the one's on trial should be the wife and Jim." This is what I was told, I wasn't at the trial.

Bob gets time, but only weekends and nights in the county jail so he could maintain his business do gardening/landscaping.

True story shit show...
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Branca obviously missed Green shirt grabbing the gun and slinging Black shirt off the porch.  There is a pic of Green shirt stepping forward just as Black shirt shoots him.

View Quote

He addressed it. I'm guessing you didn't watch
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
He mentioned it applied as context only, but didn't matter because only what is going on at that moment when he pulled the trigger counts. He says because of that context, that green was the aggressor and provoker in that instance and all others prior, if he even shifted his weight forward it was a good shoot.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
On it's own, yes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Green Shirt was still yelling at black shirt, after the throw and during the shooting.
On it's own, yes.

If that's an executable offense then it's a damn good thing nobody can read my mind.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
According to Branca, that moment passed and was no longer justification.

That's is getting into "fractions of a second", after the fact**. The important thing is, did black shirt reasonably perceive green shirt as a threat. I believe he did, green shirt was still yelling, possibly* moved toward black shirt.

*according to press release
ETA: **Yes it's important, but hindsight 20/20 Monday quarterbacking
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
He covered it. Maybe you should actually read the article.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#12]
In the end, the witch wins.

Two idiots fighting over a dumb witch.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:28:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's is getting into fractions of a second, after the fact. The important thing is, did black shirt reasonably perceive green shirt as a threat. I believe he did, green shirt was still yelling, possibly* moved toward black shirt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's is getting into fractions of a second, after the fact. The important thing is, did black shirt reasonably perceive green shirt as a threat. I believe he did, green shirt was still yelling, possibly* moved toward black shirt.

Maybe.. Again.. Id not want to be the shooter or shootee in that video..  Feels like it should go to a jury.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
He mentioned it applied as context only, but didn't matter because only what is going on at that moment when he pulled the trigger counts. He says because of that context, that green was the aggressor and provoker in that instance and all others prior, if he even shifted his weight forward it was a good shoot.
View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

I'll have to rewatch.  My memory is, black shirt slung green shirt off the porch.  He didn't say anything about "green shirt taking the gun" when he was slung off the porch.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'll have to rewatch.  My memory is, black shirt slung green shirt off the porch.  He didn't say anything about "green shirt taking the gun" when he was slung off the porch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He certainly mentioned it and discussed it.. Its not a long video

ETA.. As experts go I am not and id take his word for it.

If i made a body id want him on my side consulting my attorney.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:33:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I have to admit i was wrong in accessing this. I agree with this guys take on it. The whole thing that had or has me is the black shirt body language, and while he was legally in his right, have to say he chose poorly. The kid lost and black shirt was not thinking about his girlfriend or her kid imo. It is a case of 2 assholes colliding.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have to admit i was wrong in accessing this. I agree with this guys take on it. The whole thing that had or has me is the black shirt body language, and while he was legally in his right, have to say he chose poorly. The kid lost and black shirt was not thinking about his girlfriend or her kid imo. It is a case of 2 assholes colliding.
View Quote

TRUTH
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is why the back story is important here. Green shirt could of been a maniac or maybe they been playing games?

From the video alone I don't think it's a clear cut self defense unless the green shirt guy is known to go nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is only a felony once the court has ruled; that is why you have to file the motion to get a determination of fact.  He was told the kid wasn't there.  He didn't have the authority or the right to search the property or remain on the property.  If the police had been there they could have made inquiries; but they would have told Green shirt guy to leave.

That is why the back story is important here. Green shirt could of been a maniac or maybe they been playing games?

From the video alone I don't think it's a clear cut self defense unless the green shirt guy is known to go nuts.
This is what's crazy to me. Green shirt is clearly guilty unless there's some additional context not shown. He went into someone's property, where his son was not located. Refused to leave when told to, and when the homeowner came out with a gun still again refused to leave. And he ends up getting shot. Strange.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wholeheartedly agree, he's a superb attorney.

I stand corrected, Branca does indeed mention green shirt grabbing the weapon and slinging black shirt off the porch. (2:48 into the video.)
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Rando Nobody Huh

Attorney Andrew F. Branca, Esq. is in his fourth decade of practicing law, specializing in self-defense law of the United States, where he is an internationally recognized expert.  Through his legal practice, Law of Self Defense LLC, Andrew helps law-abiding armed citizens make better informed, more confident, more decisive decisions in defense of themselves, their families, and their property.

Andrew is an occasional Guest Instructor and subject matter expert (SME) on self-defense law at the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s National Academy at Quantico and the Sig Sauer Academy, has been the legal expert co-host on the Outdoor Channel’s enormously popular TV show The Best Defense.

Andrew also teaches other lawyers how to argue self-defense cases as a certified instructor with the Continuing Legal Education (CLE) system in the majority of states around the country.

In addition to his legal work, Andrew is also an NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor, an IDPA Charter/Life member (IDPA #13), and a Master-class competitor in multiple IDPA divisions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Andrew Branca's take..  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JyVw5LU8EA

now people gonn be mad

Naw. Branca is a rando nobody... Who cares what he thinks?

Rando Nobody Huh

Attorney Andrew F. Branca, Esq. is in his fourth decade of practicing law, specializing in self-defense law of the United States, where he is an internationally recognized expert.  Through his legal practice, Law of Self Defense LLC, Andrew helps law-abiding armed citizens make better informed, more confident, more decisive decisions in defense of themselves, their families, and their property.

Andrew is an occasional Guest Instructor and subject matter expert (SME) on self-defense law at the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s National Academy at Quantico and the Sig Sauer Academy, has been the legal expert co-host on the Outdoor Channel’s enormously popular TV show The Best Defense.

Andrew also teaches other lawyers how to argue self-defense cases as a certified instructor with the Continuing Legal Education (CLE) system in the majority of states around the country.

In addition to his legal work, Andrew is also an NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor, an IDPA Charter/Life member (IDPA #13), and a Master-class competitor in multiple IDPA divisions.

I think delmorte was being a bit sarcastic with his post.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:53:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Well this thread died quickly. I guess branca ended the dispute here
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:53:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

youve posted this a couple of times, how does this square with 9.04?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not changing my story, and we're not going to agree on this point then.  If you muzzle sweep me, you point a gun at me.  If the firearm were to go off at the instant the muzzle covers me, I'm going to have an extra hole or two regardless of your intent.  You want to parse the word "pointed" into whether or not the firearm is shouldered and aimed.  Sorry, not going to do that.

FYI legally, you can catch a deadly conduct charge in Texas for pointing a firearm in someone's direction.  The statute doesn't say how many degrees you have to be off target to qualify as not pointing, but I wouldn't want to have to defend myself against a deadly conduct charge where I took a warning shot at someone's feet.

Texas Penal Code
Sec. 22.05
Deadly Conduct

(a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly engages in conduct that places another in imminent danger of serious bodily injury.
(b) A person commits an offense if he knowingly discharges a firearm at or in the direction of:
(1) one or more individuals; or
(2) a habitation, building, or vehicle and is reckless as to whether the habitation, building, or vehicle is occupied.
(c) Recklessness and danger are presumed if the actor knowingly pointed a firearm at or in the direction of another whether or not the actor believed the firearm to be loaded.
(d) For purposes of this section, "building," "habitation," and "vehicle" have the meanings assigned those terms by Section 30.01 (Definitions).
(e) An offense under Subsection (a) is a Class A misdemeanor. An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the third degree.

youve posted this a couple of times, how does this square with 9.04?

9.04 looks like it's a codified affirmative defense for threatening to use deadly force.  

Texas Penal Code
Sec. 9.04
Threats As Justifiable Force

The threat of force is justified when the use of force is justified by this chapter. For purposes of this section, a threat to cause death or serious bodily injury by the production of a weapon or otherwise, as long as the actor’s purpose is limited to creating an apprehension that he will use deadly force if necessary, does not constitute the use of deadly force.

I'm not a lawyer so take this with a grain of salt.  The way I understand affirmative defenses is that the defendant has to introduce evidence that proves the affirmative defense in order to mitigate the legal consequences of the defendant's illegal acts.  Taking this completely out of the realm of self defense shootings, Texas has a law against possession of title 2 firearms.  It is an affirmative defense to the law against possession of title 2 firearms to have properly registered the title 2 firearm with the ATF and be in possession of the appropriate ATF paperwork.  In other words, normally my SBR and suppressor collection would be a ticket to state penitentiary.  However, my stamp collection is my get out of jail free card.

With respect to 9.04, chapter 9 looks like a list of offenses for which justified use of force provides an affirmative defense.  In other words, if black shirt was justified in his use of force, then it mitigates the normally illegal act of threatening someone with a weapon with the caveat that black shirt's purpose can only have been to create the apprehension that force will be used if necessary.  This would probably be more applicable if green shirt hadn't been ventilated and was trying to press assault with a deadly weapon charges against black shirt.  Black shirt could introduce the video evidence of green shirt being the belligerent, which would provide the affirmative defense.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hard to argue with an SME's evaluation.  It may pick back up if black shirt goes to trial.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:07:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hard to argue with an SME's evaluation.  It may pick back up if black shirt goes to trial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know. I was poking fun at the good shoot crowd
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:16:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had manslaughter with explanation on page 9
But no one cared since I'm not a SME with 30 years experience
ETA: I did enjoy the hell out of Business Law I and II
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:17:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Edit... NM my quote foo suxs..
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:19:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

ETA: I enjoyed the hell out of Business Law I and I
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: I enjoyed the hell out of Business Law I and I

He suggested it may be manslaughter. So if you are suggesting that it sounds like you and branca agree.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:21:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He suggested it may be manslaughter. So if you are suggesting that it sounds like you and branca agree.
View Quote

I think it's the most probable legal outcome, based on videos alone.
But I do hear that things are different in Texas
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:30:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its texas so who knows.. Dude should have left and called the cops.. Home owner should have not made a body and called the cops..

Glad none of that involves me.. Cause F that drama.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:45:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Think he'll catch a "Deadly Conduct" & / Or "Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon" on that very troublesome "Warning Shot"

Don't know that they can fully make murder, but as the attorney pointed out "Manslaughter" would certainly not be too steep a slope to land.

His commentary also address & answers the issues from the "Muh Castle!!" and the "Nuh Duty to Retreat" folks ...

those saying he'll never be indicted are smoking "Hopium" because now that the video is out & it's splashing in the Media, too late to try to sweep it under a rug now...

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:46:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Its texas so who knows.. Dude should have left and called the cops.. Home owner should have not made a body and called the cops..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I was in a domestic situation where I was armed, and I was threatened by a family member.  He was living at my house, he was being a belligerent asshole threatening family, I called the cops because he was way out of hand, he heard me call the cop and knew I carried, he told me he was going to fuck me up, and I better shoot him.

Long story short, I told him I wasn’t going to kill him in front of everyone, and he needed to leave.  We shouted at each other until the cops arrived.  He was trespassed and left.  Then he came back a couple weeks later and moved out.  Now it’s a dim memory that no one brings up at get togethers.  Much easier than shooting him in front of everyone even though he said some mean words to me and was asking for it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Think he'll catch a "Deadly Conduct" & / Or "Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon" on that very troublesome "Warning Shot"

Don't know that they can fully make murder, but as the attorney pointed out "Manslaughter" would certainly not be too steep a slope to land.

His commentary also address & answers the issues from the "Muh Castle!!" and the "Nuh Duty to Retreat" folks ...

those saying he'll never be indicted are smoking "Hopium" because now that the video is out & it's splashing in the Media, too late to try to sweep it under a rug now...

BIGGER_HAMMER

View Quote

People said nearly the exact same thing about Joe Horn...

but like I have said multiple times in this thread

Texas is wierd
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So you think this was likely planned and deadly force was fully authorized by the events?

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/60053906.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm betting this is not the first time she has played fuck-fuck games during visitation times.

Everybody has their cellphones out.

100% guaranteed.

How do you know these things?

Because green shirt’s whole rant was about the kid not being there, the ex wife keeping his son from him, him sending the cops to the ex wife’s mother’s house, and him hauling them all into court.  All captured on video from multiple angles.  That kind of stuff doesn’t happen the first time ex wife doesn’t produce the kid.  That’s a reaction to a pattern of behavior.

You’ll be hard pressed to convince me this isnt the outcome the women wanted and planned.

So you think this was likely planned and deadly force was fully authorized by the events?

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/60053906.jpg

It's possible to set a trap, have it almost work, and fuck it up.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He is a good article by a criminal defense attorney about the shooting.

https://legalinsurrection.com/tag/chad-read/
View Quote

From the written article:
“But particularly with respect to the Imminence of a threat, Imminence comes and Imminence goes.  Think of it as a window:  the window of Imminence opens, and then it closes.  Before it opens, defensive force is not justified.  After it closes, defensive force again is not justified.  If defensive force is going to be used and be lawful, it must occur during that transient period when the window of Imminence is open.”
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#35]
I am sure a lot of this thread can be chalked up to big talk on an internet board but if not I say again many of you need to familiarize yourself with actual law before you land yourself in prison

It’s a lot of the posts in this thread that allow the left to paint us as unhinged and shouldn’t own firearms.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Was he ? Could fall under debate.
View Quote

Exactly. If he had waited just a second I think this would be much clearer.

Timing is everything.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Black shirt shouldve told ex-bitch to get in the house. Black shirt and ex-bitch shouldve gone inside and called the cops.
If green shirt blocked their movements, shoot him.
Even though my heart goes out for green shirt, at “get off my property” he shouldve about faced.
He stayed, he confronted. He got shot for his efforts.
In my book black shirt shouldnt even be questioned after seeing the events on film.
If i was green shirt, id have left and then hired the gambino law firm to deal with ex-bitch
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I am sure a lot of this thread can be chalked up to big talk on an internet board but if not I say again many of you need to familiarize yourself with actual law before you land yourself in prison

It's a lot of the posts in this thread that allow the left to paint us as unhinged and shouldn't own firearms.
View Quote
To be fair, to many of them owning or desiring to own a firearm is evidence that someone is unhinged and unsuitable, so fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Guaranteed this is not the first run in between these two since black shirt Kyle is in the middle of Chad’s custody battle.

Black shirt has probably asked others, “At what point can I shoot someone when they come to my house?”
Black shirt did not hesitate when he went to get the gun, almost as if he were assured nothing would happen to him if he shot teal shirt guy.

My guess is that he was instructed if an altercation ever happened that he could Shoot a warning shot and if things escalated, he could shoot with no consequences if the dad went hands on or wouldnt leave.

It was very strange how quickly he went for a gun.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It’s a lot of the posts in this thread that allow the left to paint us as unhinged and shouldn’t own firearms.
View Quote

How far has “behave so they dont think we’re bad people gotten us”?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#41]
OP this needs a guilty/not guilty poll.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And rightfully so.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, it is embarrassing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Fucking Kyles…
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They're all calm as shit for a guy just being murdered. "I have it on video, you did it, not him."  Yeah that's great but you don't care the guy you're with is now drt?
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Add a poll
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Guaranteed this is not the first run in between these two since black shirt Kyle is in the middle of Chad’s custody battle.

Black shirt has probably asked others, “At what point can I shoot someone when they come to my house?”
Black shirt did not hesitate when he went to get the gun, almost as if he were assured nothing would happen to him if he shot teal shirt guy.

My guess is that he was instructed if an altercation ever happened that he could Shoot a warning shot and if things escalated, he could shoot with no consequences if the dad went hands on or wouldnt leave.

It was very strange how quickly he went for a gun.
View Quote

Black shirt should have asked his wife, who he was cheating on and a justice of the peace, when he could pull the trigger to defend his mistress and his so-called honor.

She could have pointed him to the right people to ask if she didn't know herself.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's a lot of the posts in this thread that allow the left to paint us as unhinged and shouldn't own firearms.
View Quote
bUt hE wAs tReSpAsSiNg!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#49]
All of this could have been avoided if these men had made previous live decisions with their brain and not their wiener.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Andrew Branca's take..  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JyVw5LU8EA
View Quote
Excellent analysis.  Two things:

1.  It's kind of satisfying to know my initial instincts that this was a Bad Shoot and the videos of the incident were going to hurt, rather than help, Carruth were correct.  It just looked bad to me, and this legal analysis backs that up.

2.  Is Branca an ARFCOMer?  Because his statement in the video "Now I can hear people screaming right now 'but muh Castle Doctrine!'" makes him sound as if he's quite familiar with GD.  
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top