Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2015 11:10:55 AM EDT
Ok due to a gimpy leg, it looks like a cane is in my future.. So whats better than a CCG, a CCW cane! The main issue is all of them look like ass, like a gun.. And we know how easy the sheep are panicked. So, while watching Cowboy Bebop, the episode Pierrot Le Fou. The bad guy had a  multi round cane.. Im like DAMN how can i make that happen!

Then I remembered Metal Storm.. Its a long barrel with a round/charge stacked on one another. Like a roman candle.. So If one was to pay the Form 1 for a AOW. Build a barrel with sequential ignition via electronic trigger. You  might have a viable system for protection. Set it up to use the old Rem e-primers, so you can reload it as well as make it easy to swap barrels..

Now I need to find good images of the metal storm barrels..

So what do you think? Yes there are a few states that you cannot own them in. I already know that..
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#1]
What about compression deforming the charged bullets to the rear of the fired projectile?

Wouldn't you get massively compressed charges and possibly deformed bullets causing pressure spikes?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like an actual good use for those electronic primers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Own what in? A cane? Sounds awesome though. CBB is the shit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
the only episode Spike actually showed any real fear......

the cane gun would be awesome....something with a maybe .22lr chamber using a tubular magazine, similar to many models available today, encased in a nice cane exo-shell...small hammer, perhaps disguised as an ornate part of the cane head...small trigger only visible when cocked...i'd buy two.
the question is....would you fuck it up by actually walking around with it? mess up the end of the barrel?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#5]
What if you loaded rimfire rounds in a broken threaded stack, where the rims are barely held in place.  Firing could be done using a heating element to fire the priming compound.

After the rimfire goes off, the case is still barely held in place.  When the next round goes off it propels the fired case out of the barrel along with the projectile.  Low pressure, maybe not so many issues.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about compression deforming the charged bullets to the rear of the fired projectile?

Wouldn't you get massively compressed charges and possibly deformed bullets causing pressure spikes?
View Quote

not if you build the load around a compressed charge. Or shaping the bullet to have a skirt to hold the charge.. Both will cut down on compression..
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

the cane gun would be awesome....something with a maybe .22lr chamber using a tubular magazine, similar to many models available today, encased in a nice cane exo-shell...small hammer, perhaps disguised as an ornate part of the cane head...small trigger only visible when cocked...i'd buy two.
the question is....would you fuck it up by actually walking around with it? mess up the end of the barrel?
View Quote

Rebate the barrel in a fancy tip.  Use a thin rubber muzzle plug to keep out obstructions.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#8]
MS is using a induction coil to set the rounds off. And I'm thinking big, like 45 cal ish. Hmm, could go 20 gauge slugs.. Lower pressure and the charge is compressed..
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I would go with a tube-fed pump action if I wanted to make a repeating cane/gun. Why? Because I think it's easily doable.

As for OP, you need an integrally suppressed 300 whisper single shot cane/gun. At least for your 1st cane/gun.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#10]
New rule:

Don't bring a sword cane to a gun cane fight.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Blind Fury!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would go with a tube-fed pump action if I wanted to make a repeating cane/gun. Why? Because I think it's easily doable.

As for OP, you need an integrally suppressed 300 whisper single shot cane/gun. At least for your 1st cane/gun.
View Quote

That's not a bad idea. You could maybe even swing lever action while staying discrete.

I don't think it'd be too hard to make a revolver and keep the aesthetics really plane. No fluted cylinder or anything. Bobbed hammer. Swing down trigger. You could hide it in plain sight pretty easily.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I freakin loved that episode. Easily the best. Although Toys in the Attic is pretty good too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

too big and too bulky, and you can guess what it is by looking at it.. we are wanting stealth.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Have you though about a pre-charged pneumatic system?

No NFA hassles, and they're getting some pretty serious horsepower out of high-end air guns these days.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#16]
sounds like the only real application I have heard of for metal storm

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I like the idea of a tube fed semi auto .22 with the action concealed in an ornate handle. Bonus points if you make part of the handle extend to form a shoulder thing that goes up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd buy a integrally suppressed 22LR cane gun in a heart beat and I'm not even old enough to need a cane yet
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Amputate said leg and build a prosthesis out of a browning .30 cal belt fed
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't forget to add a bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd buy a integrally suppressed 22LR cane gun in a heart beat and I'm not even old enough to need a cane yet
View Quote

Only real solution
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

ya know as much pain this thing gives me daily, I kind of wish they would of.. But then i couldn't drive a stick shift. and for a lower leg it would have to be a 12ga double barreled.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ok due to a gimpy leg, it looks like a cane is in my future.. So whats better than a CCG, a CCW cane! The main issue is all of them look like ass, like a gun.. And we know how easy the sheep are panicked. So, while watching Cowboy Bebop, the episode Pierrot Le Fou. The bad guy had a  multi round cane.. Im like DAMN how can i make that happen!

Then I remembered Metal Storm.. Its a long barrel with a round/charge stacked on one another. Like a roman candle.. So If one was to pay the Form 1 for a AOW. Build a barrel with sequential ignition via electronic trigger. You  might have a viable system for protection. Set it up to use the old Rem e-primers, so you can reload it as well as make it easy to swap barrels..

Now I need to find good images of the metal storm barrels..

So what do you think? Yes there are a few states that you cannot own them in. I already know that..
View Quote

The R&D costs to build that would be fairly prohibitive, especially considering that you would only be making the one for yourself and if you tried to sell them, you would need to licence Metal Storms patents.

You would be much better off designing a single shot action, where the barrel unscrews for loading. And if you wanted the ability to reload then go break action.  Some creativity could allow you to hide the hammer in the handle and a retracted trigger.  

I would go with a rifle round because, fuck it, why not.

Even one shot should give you enough time to transition to a side arm

That being said the time it takes to pull a cane up to a firing position is enough time to drop the stick and grab your side arm

This is assuming you are using the cane with your gun hand.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Spear gun disguised as cane. Just because spear guns are cool.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to fit a custom built, striker fired, blowback .22 action with a tube mag inside a hefty cane.  Put the action inside the body, with a linkage to the trigger in the handle.  Maybe a safety that blends into the handle and is flipped away to expose the trigger.

If the body is ornate enough with embossed/engraved design it shouldn't be too hard to hide a .22lr sized ejection port.

Of course, the whole thing would need to be designed and engineered from the ground up, and I doubt the market is there to convince anyone to invest the resources to make it happen.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Spear gun disguised as cane. Just because spear guns are cool.
View Quote

and body armor avoiding..

hmmmm.. CO2 powered dart..
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#27]
What if you made a compartment that had a gate that you could flip open and remove or insert a revolver cylinder? Then you could feasibly reload it by popping the used one out and inserting a fresh one, close the gate around it so it's not visible, and fire it. That way you could have some real firepower that will actually stand a much better chance at protecting you. You'd have to likely make it double action since you wouldn't want a hammer and would need to rotate the cylinder but it would be a nifty idea.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Why don't you go right to a walker?
All the tactical stuff you could hang off it.
Handle bar mounted weapon system.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why don't you go right to a walker?
All the tactical stuff you could hang off it.
Handle bar mounted weapon system.
View Quote

whopper chopper! Ya boy!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Why not build the cylinder of a revolver into a cane with a striker fired typed of action rather than a hammer. Multiple shots make the cylinder swing open like on a normal revolver for reloading.

Might be easier to build
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What if you made a compartment that had a gate that you could flip open and remove or insert a revolver cylinder? Then you could feasibly reload it by popping the used one out and inserting a fresh one, close the gate around it so it's not visible, and fire it. That way you could have some real firepower that will actually stand a much better chance at protecting you. You'd have to likely make it double action since you wouldn't want a hammer and would need to rotate the cylinder but it would be a nifty idea.

View Quote

Beat by this guy! Good idea bro.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

ya know as much pain this thing gives me daily, I kind of wish they would of.. But then i couldn't drive a stick shift. and for a lower leg it would have to be a 12ga double barreled.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

21 years ago I took a round in the leg.  Tore apart the artery and two of the main nerves were severed.  I have a LOT of pain and problems in that leg. Meh.  Docs said that it will probably come off some day.

Being a mechanical designer, I have an idea to replace the leg from mid thigh, place pneumatic anchoring spikes on a foot platform and add a gimbal to the knee for a HMG mount.  Sitting position on my good leg, shoot the anchors in the dirt, mount up and I can be my own portable gun platform!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#33]
You should be thinking flamethrower cane. That would be better.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're going to be in, you might as well be all in...

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Wouldn't that qualify as an NFA item?

AnyOtherWeapon?

(or no?)
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Use a magazine concealed in the pistol grip; I would say that more canes have a pistol grip than not as they come to the hand more naturally than that silly straight "dandies" cane.

View Quote

Or maybe a revolver cylinder concealed in a knob type handle.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

21 years ago I took a round in the leg.  Tore apart the artery and two of the main nerves were severed.  I have a LOT of pain and problems in that leg. Meh.  Docs said that it will probably come off some day.

Being a mechanical designer, I have an idea to replace the leg from mid thigh, place pneumatic anchoring spikes on a foot platform and add a gimbal to the knee for a HMG mount.  Sitting position on my good leg, shoot the anchors in the dirt, mount up and I can be my own portable gun platform!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cancer here (11 years ago), took the 2 main hamstrings in the left leg.. So we are close.. It really sucks finding a good comfortable chair..
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

AnyOtherWeapon?

(or no?)
View Quote

yup AOW..
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

AnyOtherWeapon?

(or no?)
View Quote

This is addressed in the OP.  Yes, it's an AOW.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Why not compressed air fired? Mulitple shots, quiet, not a firearm by definition. Shoot up to a .357 projectile. Lots of cool airgun tech out there with devastating power.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#44]
If you hit sombody with a cane it will fuck them up.
Just put something on that will fuck them up more.
Shark stick like.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Shark stick like.
View Quote

I think it's more about panache than effectiveness.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shark stick like.

I think if you smack some fuck in the head with your cane and their head blows off you won.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I think I have a much simpler solution.  Something like this could "easily" be modified to fit in a cane.

Make the rest of the cane a giant integral suppressor.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Just glue a wooden dowel to a revolver. Add a little pakki tape and call it a day.

I'm guessing reactions would go like this:

First idiot-"Hey look. That guys cane looks like a revolver. You know those old cowboy guns"

Second idiot- "What?"

First idiot- "Never mind,he's gone."

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Is the bullet, powder and primer all integrated into the projectile?

More than a few rounds would make for a heavy cane.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Is good idea, comrade.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top