Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
My LGS has a couple vintage gun canes made by the Brits, they are in .410.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

next time your in get a few pics please!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I think I have a much simpler solution.  Something like this could "easily" be modified to fit in a cane.

http://northamericanarms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/w/sw4.jpg

Make the rest of the cane a giant integral suppressor.

View Quote
Where I was going save the suppressor and some mods.

Replace single action with a double action mechanism. Extend the barrel to within one inch of the bottom of the game. Install PLASTIC end cap.

It will break more conducively from the rounds impact for follow up shots.

The only think I'm blank on is the trigger. You don't really want it out in the open.. But how to "retract" it is the question. Maybe a piece of the cane that is spring loaded that when deployed can act as the trigger
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I made two canes one for my FIL because he had leg surgery and then one for me for my later years...and there you go one upping me yet again sir..

here is the cane I made myself

and the FIL cane

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#5]
if the metal storm version does not pan out...you could do a modified stacked gyro jet version...up close whack them with the can....4 yards out...shoot them
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I made two canes one for my FIL because he had leg surgery and then one for me for my later years...and there you go one upping me yet again sir..

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/mauser348/P3290128_zpsr9goxvop.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/mauser348/P3290131_zpsk9nw6fxh.jpg

and the FIL cane

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/mauser348/P3280104_zpseqgw3vrh.jpg
View Quote

LOL take a Burn Idea and run with it..

What I'm finding funny is all the make it a 22lr, and in a thread for defensive weapons it 9mm or go home..
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Cane gun examples I found on the googles:

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#8]
How much compressed butane or LNG could you fit into a cane?

A cane flamethrower.... now THAT's panache.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
if the metal storm version does not pan out...you could do a modified stacked gyro jet version...up close whack them with the can....4 yards out...shoot them
View Quote

only thing I'm drawing a blank on is ignition.. Eh after a good weekend ill think of something..
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

and you can use it as a lighter!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I freakin loved that episode. Easily the best. Although Toys in the Attic is pretty good too.
View Quote

Where can I watch this?  I've been unable to find it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#12]
mage the mag and receiver round or oval then the barrel...

potato drawing
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

only thing I'm drawing a blank on is ignition.. Eh after a good weekend ill think of something..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

small drill hole through top of barrel and a small tube containing the ignition wires?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, if I can talk them into opening the damn safe.

I like the strange and unusual so I'll see if they will set a price on them. Up till now they have just been languishing in the safe unpriced.

As to defense .410 would be viable. You are only getting one crack at it anyway.

If memory serves the two at my LGS are only for 2.5" shells but four pellets of 000 buck at 850 fps is not too hateful even for 2.5". Then there are the slugs.

No idea if .45 LC would be safe or even work in them or not.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

small drill hole through top of barrel and a small tube containing the ignition wires?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking barrel in a CF cover tube.. ignition wires ran flush inside, on contact points on the loaded barrel.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most lighters have a "flame adjustment".... this one just happens to adjust out to a couple of dozen feet or so.    
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm thinking barrel in a CF cover tube.. ignition wires ran flush inside, on contact points on the loaded barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah that's where I was going with this
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think I have a much simpler solution.  Something like this could "easily" be modified to fit in a cane.

http://northamericanarms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/w/sw4.jpg

View Quote

This.

Hack up a few canes, hollow it out, fit it to the handle.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What I'm finding funny is all the make it a 22lr, and in a thread for defensive weapons it 9mm or go home..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/mauser348/P3290128_zpsr9goxvop.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/mauser348/P3290131_zpsk9nw6fxh.jpg

and the FIL cane

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/mauser348/P3280104_zpseqgw3vrh.jpg

22lr is a weak SD round. BUT, with the constraints you have asked for, it's the most applicable. Unless you want an obvious cane gun that is

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

http://www.borispalatnik.com/CaneGun_BCG.htm

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
NEVER BIN DUN BEFO!!!

This is the In-Line barrel / Firestorm design you seek...  I could see this working with a smaller, more modern fire control group design...
https://youtu.be/pRMm-oUq4nc

If it's black-powder muzzle-loader, is it then technically not a "firearm" in some states?
View Quote

you get the picture!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ok due to a gimpy leg, it looks like a cane is in my future.. So whats better than a CCG, a CCW cane! The main issue is all of them look like ass, like a gun.. And we know how easy the sheep are panicked. So, while watching Cowboy Bebop, the episode Pierrot Le Fou. The bad guy had a  multi round cane.. Im like DAMN how can i make that happen!

Then I remembered Metal Storm.. Its a long barrel with a round/charge stacked on one another. Like a roman candle.. So If one was to pay the Form 1 for a AOW. Build a barrel with sequential ignition via electronic trigger. You  might have a viable system for protection. Set it up to use the old Rem e-primers, so you can reload it as well as make it easy to swap barrels..

Now I need to find good images of the metal storm barrels..

So what do you think? Yes there are a few states that you cannot own them in. I already know that..
View Quote

Dan Inosanto frowns on this post.

Aren't you some sort of sword ninja or somethin'??

Now sword canes - that's different.  Or canes that convert to nunchucks....
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok due to a gimpy leg, it looks like a cane is in my future.. So whats better than a CCG, a CCW cane! The main issue is all of them look like ass, like a gun.. And we know how easy the sheep are panicked. So, while watching Cowboy Bebop, the episode Pierrot Le Fou. The bad guy had a  multi round cane.. Im like DAMN how can i make that happen!

Then I remembered Metal Storm.. Its a long barrel with a round/charge stacked on one another. Like a roman candle.. So If one was to pay the Form 1 for a AOW. Build a barrel with sequential ignition via electronic trigger. You  might have a viable system for protection. Set it up to use the old Rem e-primers, so you can reload it as well as make it easy to swap barrels..

So what do you think? Yes there are a few states that you cannot own them in. I already know that..

work banned swords here, so if I'm breaking the rules I'm going all the way.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let's see....$5.00 for AOL and $200 for the Suppressor.....IF you buy it from a Class III Dealer.

Make it yourself and $200 for making AOL and another $200 for the Suppressor.

Did I forget to carry the 2 or did I get the Math correct
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

you get the picture!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NEVER BIN DUN BEFO!!!

This is the In-Line barrel / Firestorm design you seek...  I could see this working with a smaller, more modern fire control group design...
https://youtu.be/pRMm-oUq4nc

If it's black-powder muzzle-loader, is it then technically not a "firearm" in some states?

you get the picture!

in RAH's "That cat who walks through walls" the gun cane in that book is chambered in 6.5 Skoda(long)...which is actually 6.5 swede....and is a 5 or 6 shot model...it also has a hidden bayonet...
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The R&D costs to build that would be fairly prohibitive, especially considering that you would only be making the one for yourself and if you tried to sell them, you would need to licence Metal Storms patents.

You would be much better off designing a single shot action, where the barrel unscrews for loading. And if you wanted the ability to reload then go break action.  Some creativity could allow you to hide the hammer in the handle and a retracted trigger.  

I would go with a rifle round because, fuck it, why not.

Even one shot should give you enough time to transition to a side arm

That being said the time it takes to pull a cane up to a firing position is enough time to drop the stick and grab your side arm

This is assuming you are using the cane with your gun hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The R&D costs to build that would be fairly prohibitive, especially considering that you would only be making the one for yourself and if you tried to sell them, you would need to licence Metal Storms patents.

You would be much better off designing a single shot action, where the barrel unscrews for loading. And if you wanted the ability to reload then go break action.  Some creativity could allow you to hide the hammer in the handle and a retracted trigger.  

I would go with a rifle round because, fuck it, why not.

Even one shot should give you enough time to transition to a side arm

That being said the time it takes to pull a cane up to a firing position is enough time to drop the stick and grab your side arm

This is assuming you are using the cane with your gun hand.

An NAA .22 magnum cylinder would fit easily in a normal diameter cane. Instead of being hammer fired a double action striker could be used and everything but the trigger and safety concealed in an outer tube that supports the gun and keeps body weight off its action. The safety could do double action in revealing the trigger when pressed and be concealed under a rubber grip. I'd put the safety/trigger release button in the end of the short T of a T handle grip. The pushing the safety could also activate a laser sight concealed under the barrel in the main tube.

So to fire you'd used your thumb to push on the end of the T, after pushing the trigger would pop out, and the laser sight would turn on. Then just hold the lower part of the T like a regular pistol grip.

Starting with an NAA revolver as a base to design from would also let you first make it as a black powder cap and ball so you could refine the design and get the kinks worked out as a non firearm with an NAA cap and ball cylinder before remaking it in .22mag and having to jump through NFA hoops.

ETA: With NAA cylinders you could repurpose the safety notches as cylinder stops so all the action is on the back of the cylinder keeping total diameter down.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I knew this had something to do with cowboy bebop. Awesome.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top