Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:54:17 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?s=3aad273258f30480bff3a0c8207b9f50&t=175344
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:58:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:59:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wrong time, wrong place to expand your collection.

Unless you have trustworthy family with 'safe' space ...you're setting up a losing scenario. Fucking nightmare scenario.

Knack job box.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... I'm scared of a break in as I work nights. I do not have a closet and I can not bolt down a safe to the wall or floor. What is my best course of action?

Wrong time, wrong place to expand your collection.

Unless you have trustworthy family with 'safe' space ...you're setting up a losing scenario. Fucking nightmare scenario.

Knack job box.

Im aware but my collection hasn't grown and im working on moving most of it elsewhere in a safe place. i just need something for my AR, mags, ammo, and a couple handguns. Job box seems best for now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am in college and I live in a old house, first floor, by campus. Lets just say that crime isn't awful but isn't great either in the area. A lot of college kids live by me and as my firearms collection grows, I'm scared of a break in as I work nights. I do not have a closet and I can not bolt down a safe to the wall or floor. What is my best course of action? I have a budget for a decent safe but I could be moving around a bit. I would prefer not to move a heavy safe alot and if I don't bolt it down, it could be stolen anyway. What to do??? Sorry if this has been killed before, I couldn't find any situations quite like mine online. Thanks for any input.
View Quote

I really wasn't worried about the college kids breaking into my house when I lived off-campus.  It was more of the other riff-raff close to the city.  I didn't have the collection that you did at my house, most of it was left at my parents house.  Just a hunting rifle (around hunting season) and handgun.  I bought a small safe that was bolted on the floor and I just filled the holes in before we moved out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Job box  with a good lock.  Make it heavy.  Next, get them insured. $10k of insurance set me back a tad over $100 for the year.  If you're still worried, get an alarm.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top