User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Handgun in a zip lock baggie hidden in the tank, obviously.

Shotgun goes in a hamper filled with skidmarked undies so nobody will dig for it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Patterned my shotgun many times. But you do you. I'm not here to argue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because a 6-12 inch pattern is better than 1 hole. If you were in a handgun encounter you would do more damage if your shots were a few inches apart rather than in the same hole.

Nope. https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/buckshot-patterning-in-a-short-barreled-shotgun

6-12 inch pattern at HD distances... spoken like someone who has never patterned his shotgun with decent buckshot.
Patterned my shotgun many times. But you do you. I'm not here to argue.

What buckshot are you using?  Federal Flite Control does much better than 6-12 inches at 25 yards and under.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've always wanted to put an AR behind the drywall. Super hidden and would make for a dramatic fight scene punching through the wall to pull it out.
View Quote

Screen name checks out.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Holst's "Mars" from The Planets symphony.  Go listen to it and come back and tell me how right I am.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should rig it up to play music when it opens

"Ride of the Valkyries", maybe?  

"In the hall of the mountain king" seems more appropriate for a home invasion, I think.

Holst's "Mars" from The Planets symphony.  Go listen to it and come back and tell me how right I am.

I like it but the buildup is slow.  I don't want to have to hold fire for  several minutes waiting for the crescendo.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I need a hidden bathroom setup but can't figure out what to do.

My current configuration is,

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24531/20201217_222817_jpg-1828773.JPG
View Quote

No good.  You're going to reach over your shoulder for that handgun, and accidentally hit the EJECT initiate on that particular overly-complicated shitter.  Now you're looking down on the new hole in your roof, rapidly approaching ejection envelope zenith and the limits of your 0/0, and you STILL don't have your firearm.

Don't be that guy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like it but the buildup is slow.  I don't want to have to hold fire for  several minutes waiting for the crescendo.
View Quote

It's your digital recording.  Feel free to edit as necessary!

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Handgun in a zip lock baggie hidden in the tank, obviously.

Shotgun goes in a hamper filled with skidmarked undies so nobody will dig for it.
View Quote

No go.

Sometimes I do an upper decker to myself to relive the days of my youth.

Quoted:

No good.  You're going to reach over your shoulder for that handgun, and accidentally hit the EJECT initiate on that particular overly-complicated shitter.  Now you're looking down on the new hole in your roof, rapidly approaching ejection envelope zenith and the limits of your 0/0, and you STILL don't have your firearm.

Don't be that guy.
View Quote

Eject on what the bidet or the gun?

Even if I ejected the pistol there is always the shower shotgun guarding my precious nexus.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Eject on what the bidet or the gun?

Even if I ejected the pistol there is always the shower shotgun guarding my precious nexus.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's pretty cool.  How much standoff from the wall is there?

Yea can we get a pic looking down the wall?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/4019/20210216_104405_jpg-1827980.JPG
Looks good
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#10]
They'll never check there! Especially not after you posted it on the Internet!
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Lolol
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Lol

Nice setup, OP.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

1960 wants its soap back.

Sheesh!

Do you drink Fresca too?

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You really want to tie something like that up in police evidence? Shotgun with 00 is much easier to replace than a can. Don't forget it's not just the encounter you have to survive, it's the courts.
View Quote

Yeah, cuz the gun you hand over to the cops will definitely have a can attached, right?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What buckshot are you using?  Federal Flite Control does much better than 6-12 inches at 25 yards and under.
View Quote
I don't remember what it is offhand, probably federal something. Shotgun is an old Remington 870, cut down barrel long ago to 20", no choke. I know, at my home distances, it gives me 6" to 12". I'm looking for smallish to medium spread down the hallway.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As a cop who's worked many home burglaries, I hide my guns in my gun safe when I'm not home.

In a burglary, a 16 yr old kid is going to rip every mirror and painting off the wall looking for dope hides or for this very thing.

Your idea is very james bond, but it's not going to stop a burglar.
View Quote
Might be different where you are but the two times my last house was broke. Into not a single mirror was touched and my neighbor of that house had a hidden gun rack behind a mirror that was missed in one of those as well
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:42:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You really want to tie something like that up in police evidence? Shotgun with 00 is much easier to replace than a can. Don't forget it's not just the encounter you have to survive, it's the courts.
View Quote
If I need it to defend myself it getting tied up is the least of my worries.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a friend that did something similar in the master bedroom closet.  Full length mirror and opens with a magnet on top of door frame several feet away.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:44:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

1960 wants its soap back.

Sheesh!

Do you drink Fresca too?

View Quote

Bro dude..

Did you not see the bottle of nexus chilling up in there?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:44:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Got a router OP? plow a dado for that drawer slider so it sits closer to the wall..  Slap in a simple lock that uses a magnet to open it.. Ive been tempted to do something along those lines, but I have 3 German shepherds, One of them is an import from the Ukraine, he loves his home, and his family, but holy fuck, Im not sure what they do in the You-kraine, but if you dont belong here, God have mercy on you... One of these days he's going to break through a window, and Amazon will own my house...
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Worrying about it also implies you only have one...

The mirror rifle isn't even my primary.
View Quote

“Mirror rifle”, lol... now I don’t feel so bad about my laundry room glock.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:53:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got a router OP? plow a dado for that drawer slider so it sits closer to the wall..  Slap in a simple lock that uses a magnet to open it.. Ive been tempted to do something along those lines, but I have 3 German shepherds, One of them is an import from the Ukraine, he loves his home, and his family, but holy fuck, Im not sure what they do in the You-kraine, but if you dont belong here, God have mercy on you... One of these days he's going to break through a window, and Amazon will own my house...
View Quote

Any closer to the wall and there won't be enough clearance for my trim that I went through all the pain in the ass trouble to miter cut all fancy and shit.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They'll never check there! Especially not after you posted it on the Internet!
View Quote

It's for keeping the room tidy looking, not hiding from burglars.

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:38:53 AM EDT
[#24]
It looks great Cypher

You've given us a wonderful idea.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There are locking slides that have a little latch that has to be flipped to open.  You could use one of those on the top.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/4019/0051713_heavy-duty-locking-drawer-slides-1828583.JPG
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks OP.  I need to do this.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top