BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Original, green, chipotle, and now garlic Tabasco sauces are staples in the Moondancer house.  And, yes, I like the vinegar taste.  At the moment, I think I like the garlic and chipotle the best.
Cholula Chipotle is also pretty good.
Occasionally Sriracha Rooster sauce on eggs or hashed brown potatoes.
You guys can keep your Reaper, Ghost, etc. sauces.  My taste buds aren't acclimated to that level of heat and never will be.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a big fan of Tobasco.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
if you never feel like feeling your mouth again.....
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Why have none of you people said Frank's hot sauce. That's the best shit is out there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I do like the Tabasco Family Reserve.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Secret Aardvark
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is another I keep around.

If you know, you know. (It's a whole bottle of what comes in the pack with the spicy noods). (CW REFERENCE)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61iQsuZrJ6L._SL1500_.jpg
View Quote

See my post above. This is a good one! I got hooked on the 2x Spicy ramen from Amazon and later realized you can buy the sauce on its own. Korean style, not vinegar based like a lot of American/Mexican hot sauces.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump fo mo suggestions
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine, of course
Attachment Attached File

I really dig Adoboloco and many of those already mentioned
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
  This. I like heat but not ridiculous amounts. Crystal is my go to.
View Quote

This
Louisiana, Cholula, green Tabasco and never mentioned in hot sauce threads the mild Tiger sauce
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#13]
These guys make some good sauce in different levels of heat.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#14]
This is my favorite sauce. I like it so much I buy it in 2ltr jugs and refill my bottles.

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Bello
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#16]
This is about as hot as I want to go. I do like Louisiana and Crystal sauce too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Crystal Hot sauce for a mild pep. Texas Pete or Franks for eggs, hashbrowns, bbq and so on.

Steve O Hot Sauce for Your Butthole when you really want some heat. Saw him cooking with Gordon Ramsey and bought a bottle as a joke for my son. I was really surprised when I tasted it.

Hot for sure but really good flavor.

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#18]
just give in and set out to try them all...it is what im trying to do
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mine, of course
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85127/4C4E74C2-C463-4568-BFF7-3E75966E0EFA_jpe-2304071.JPG

I really dig Adoboloco and many of those already mentioned
View Quote
smoker's cough is a staple in this house.  I use it sparingly for fear of running out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like the scorpian version of this better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I like the scorpian version of this better.

Yes! Just had to check the fridge to make sure which I had and the Moruga Scorpion is amazing. Have their Ghost-Reaper and Carolina Reaper to try when I finish this. Great brand that I just found around Christmas.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I use green El Yucateco more than anything.
View Quote

El Yucateco black label reserve chile habanero.

It's made from roasted peppers and has a nice smokey flavor.  at only $2.50 a bottle it's worth a try.  too many hot sauces are more about the fancy bottle, labeling, and perceived value due to the inflated price.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I love these threads, you will usually get two types of recommendations…..the bottle of vinegar with red food coloring or the latest and greatest ass blaster insane, ghost, reaper, death etc…etc… pepper stuff.
View Quote

this.

I use Cholula if I want some hot sauce, or clear hot sauce on certain things.
I will never understand the people that put all that super hot stuff on food. Seriously, just learn how to cook and you don't have to cover food in stuff so hot you cant taste anything.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Louisiana Hot Sauce/Cajun Chef Blend.

It's not for folks who are on a dare. It just tastes good.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I found that hot sauces fall into two basic camps:

1.  those that use a vinegar base
2.  those that use a vegetable juice (usually carrots) as a base

Tabasco is the classic vinegar based stuff, and I find most of those types of sauces always have a vinegar flavor in them, no matter how hot they are (within reason.)

My tastes have migrated to the vegetable based sauces, and Melinda's Habanero family is my favorite.  They have the heat, without the sour-ness of the vinegar acid.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Secret aardvark and Dirty Dicks are my favorites.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:50:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is all you need to know.  Hot sauce should be tasted and not pained through

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16476/CBAEACB3-205A-4FFD-8738-7FFC53DB4A30-2303719.jpg
View Quote

I love Crystal on fried seafood.

But for other stuff I really like the garlic citrus flavor of Zombie Apocalypse, and Scorned Woman is another very flavorful, but HOT hot sauce.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is another I keep around.

If you know, you know. (It's a whole bottle of what comes in the pack with the spicy noods). (CW REFERENCE)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61iQsuZrJ6L._SL1500_.jpg
View Quote

I had to ditch about 3/4 of the sauce packet to make the noodles palatable.  It was just too much, and I eat shin ramyun like it's nothing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#28]

This stuff has great flavor, but for me the heat is at the minimum end.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 12:55:28 AM EDT
[#29]
i favor pepper palace, since the b&m store allows you to sample any flavor before buying.

my current general purpose sauce is their ghostly garlic, which gives a lot of chile flavor without extreme heat.  when i want the extreme heat, mr. pain gets it done.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:01:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:10:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:11:13 AM EDT
[#32]
My go to lately is tobacco scorpion pepper.

Good flavour and good heat
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:16:51 AM EDT
[#33]
No love for Texas Pete's or Frank's???  Wtf is wrong with you people and your hipster brand, flaming bunghole hot sauces?  Texas Pete is the best for a good southern fried chicken, runny egg, and pimento cheese biscuit sandwhich.  Franks, well, I can put that s*** on anything.  

I like the Tobasco Chipotle stuff they have at Chipotle restaurants.  Has a nice sweet and smokey profile to tone down the vinegar base.  Regular Tobasco is no good to me.

There's a local Mexican restaurant chain in the Chicagoland/NW Indiana area called Pepe's.  They bottle their own hot sauce and it blows away anything else you've ever had for Mexican food.  Valentina's doesn't even come close.  If you're in the area, find a Pepe's and walk in just to grab a few bottles even if you don't go to eat there.  It'll be worth the trouble.

Louisiana Hot Sauce is also really good with certain things like in bean soup.

I'd be open to other hot sauces that have delicious flavor profiles, but definitely don't want something that is too hot and ruins the food it's on.  Just haven't come across any yet.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:20:18 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm a fan of Bulliard's. It has great flavor and is mild enough that you can taste the food and it doesn't burn out your taste buds.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Generic ass Tabasco actually has a couple harder to find hidden gems in their line up. Their scorpion and habanero sauces are great. I admittedly don’t like chunky/salsa type hot sauces though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#36]

@magnum

Did you take that pic in Cafe Rio?
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I've seen this posted a few times so I finally bought some.

Honestly, this stuff tastes like shit. And by shit, I don't mean bad. It tastes like dookey.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top