Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:20:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
None.
I eat a balanced diet and I don't see any reason to spend money on supplements that I don't need.
View Quote

doesnt mean u get enough d.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I never noticed
But I take 1000iu

What's a normal amount to take?

I also take:
250mg of C
3000mcg of B12
50mg zinc

I just started the above because of the 19 I don't know if I ever had it, but kept getting sick-ish.

Plus workout  Supplements.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:29:31 AM EDT
[#3]
20,000 IU daily. My last test I was at 50.4
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:02:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I never noticed
But I take 1000iu

I also take:
250mg of C
3000mcg of B12
50mg zinc

I just started the above because of the 19 I don't know if I ever had it, but kept getting sick-ish.

View Quote
I've read anything under 10,000 IU is perfectly safe. But the thing is everyone's metabolism is different and we all absorb it differently. The blood value that makes a difference against coof is 50, and you'll never know that unless you get a blood test. And if your doctor is anything like mine, all she's interested in are your triglycerides and LDL levels and thinks you're a kook if you want to know things like Vit D levels, t levels or d-dimer scores.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]
10k D3 weekly.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:01:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've read anything under 10,000 IU is perfectly safe. But the thing is everyone's metabolism is different and we all absorb it differently. The blood value that makes a difference against coof is 50, and you'll never know that unless you get a blood test. And if your doctor is anything like mine, all she's interested in are your triglycerides and LDL levels and thinks you're a kook if you want to know things like Vit D levels, t levels or d-dimer scores.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never noticed
But I take 1000iu

I also take:
250mg of C
3000mcg of B12
50mg zinc

Wow, guess I should do some research...

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#7]
She talks about big D at 3:01 mark. Vitamin D insight.

Dr. Rhonda Patrick Goes In Depth on the Benefits of Vitamin D
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never noticed
But I take 1000iu

I also take:
250mg of C
3000mcg of B12
50mg zinc

My doc put me on D probably 15 years ago, I had no idea I would be deficient.  At that time I worked outside and had a boat for recreation.  Still had a deficiency.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My doc put me on D probably 15 years ago, I had no idea I would be deficient.  At that time I worked outside and had a boat for recreation.  Still had a deficiency.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never noticed
But I take 1000iu

I also take:
250mg of C
3000mcg of B12
50mg zinc

The catch is that wearing shorts and a t-shirt only leaves about 20% of your skin exposed. If a whitey went shirtless he could get his D from 30 minutes in the sun, but it's pretty rare to be in the sun like that. Worse for blacks. Personally I like staying out of the sun and popping a pill instead.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top