Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/27/2020 2:17:24 AM EDT
The lockdowns, the shortages, the uncertainty, etc.

Make your prediction.

ETA: I'm talking about a significant ramp up in crime, such as looting & burglaries, as well as divorces, family abandonment, among other things.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:19:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Once the power or internet goes... fools gots to have they Facebooks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:19:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I wanted to order some new Tac gear for my birthday but all of the companies are closed
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:19:32 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL Lockdown here in PA.  Just means get your Harley out and go riding.

There's more traffic after the "shelter in place" than in the week ramping up to this.

Lack of airplanes flying over and lack of telemarketer calls is the only real thing I've noticed different.

I actually saw kids playing outside, riding bikes, more people in the neighborhood talking to one another.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:24:55 AM EDT
[#4]
We had a murder-suicide yesterday, older couple. No reason, probably has something to do with what’s going on.

The suicide hot lines are beyond the breaking point. FNC said they put out a call of volunteers and got almost 8k.

More people are probably going to die from substance abuse, depression, etc, than from the stupid bs virus. I have a friend who hasn’t been sober in over a week, when this is over, he and I are going to have a talk and maybe pay a visit to AA. The liqure stores here are mobbed.

There is already an uptick in domestic violence. Someone posted a story about an uptick in child abuse. I bet divorce rates increase after this is over.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:25:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Its not going to happen.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:28:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Only if the EBT's fail or the 'entitled' start getting turned away at the ER.
Not likely at this point.
But Karen may crack soon if she can't get her Starbucks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:32:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its not going to happen.
View Quote

It already is.  DVs and suicide attempts at my agency are through the roof.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:34:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:37:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly!!!  

The stress on the backbone of this country, the small business, is immense.  This virus has nothing on the emotional health caused by the political back-slappers.
View Quote

Well, people are out of work, stuck at home, some watching their retirement take a hit, and the media keeps panicking everyone. The media should be put up against the wall after this sorts itself out.  

My friends and I are starting to go batty, and we are a pretty mellow group of people.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:39:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:44:05 AM EDT
[#11]
People are running all over the place here, they would all be broke if there was any place open where they could spend money on something other than gasoline, lottery tickets and Big Gulps.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:44:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its not going to happen.

More than usual?

If so - attributed to what specifically?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:52:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Already receiving reports of people snapping at work causing them to spit everywhere, say they have CV and incite panic.

People are scared. Very scared. Be diligent, be ready.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:01:55 AM EDT
[#14]
There's really no "this" at our house.  We're both already kinda anti-social homebodies.  We're both still working.  Our daily lives haven't really changed much, if at all.  

*shrug*
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:05:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Ive been cracked for a long time. This is just another day for me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:14:22 AM EDT
[#16]
People are on edge.  Every day things like going shopping have turned into Russian Roulette with dipshits who have no sense of personal space.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:20:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Not to much longer in low income urban areas. Folks will get there check from the gov't and piss trough that with a quickness. Problems will start when folks run out of money to buy food or there isn't any to buy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:21:34 AM EDT
[#18]
The lockdowns, the shortages, the uncertainty,

Been fishing everyday, an take a nice evening walk. Shortages,..I stocked up alittle in Jan, I've run out of nothing.  ..... uncertainty over what?? Sleep like a baby.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:22:59 AM EDT
[#19]
They already are. The part that gets me is that it's not like they can't go outside at all.

A decent amount of retailers here got exempted, and there's also nothing wrong with a good walk around the neighborhood or something. My life's barely changed, granted, I'll admit I've boozed pretty hard this week this week myself, but I'm aware of that and will probably give that up for a while. I know some folks got laid off, are out of money, and have bills piling up, and if you're in that boat I understand why you'd be at a breaking point, but I also know a number of people that are in hysterics just because they can't continue their lives of hedonistic lifestyles, despite still living in relative comfort after the fact.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:26:52 AM EDT
[#20]
My morning commute is so much better.

Gas prices are good.

People keep their distance from me.

Whu Flu, or Chinaman Flu if you prefer dude, aint so bad at this point in time.

Flu Bro for the record.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:29:07 AM EDT
[#21]
They've got about 10 days.  City went to social isolation 2 weeks ago Friday, state went to shelter in place today for an unspecified period.

We had 1 but in the hospital, he died today - so people will go a little crazy in the morning went they read it.  The sheep are screaming g for the state to do something which they have.  10 days and if the "curve" isn't flat they'll lose it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:32:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well, people are out of work, stuck at home, some watching their retirement take a hit, and the media keeps panicking everyone. The media should be put up against the wall after this sorts itself out.  

My friends and I are starting to go batty, and we are a pretty mellow group of people.
View Quote

The unemployment situation is understandable for those impacted.

Investments will bounce back or they won't. Nothing to be done about it in the short term.

Stuck at home is not an excuse. Find something to do. You have no to-do list of stuff needing to be done around the house? How's your chance to catch up
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:36:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

In your jurisdiction, among the personnel, or both? Not intended as a slam, just genuinely curious and concerned. I could see how this is enough to really have folks on edge, and a lot of usual coping practices are impeded right now.

If this drags on too much longer I think there will be a big surge in both crime and suicide. On the plus side for now it seems there's a lot less drunk driving (at least that's leading to arrests) with all the bars closed. I saw an article where the state patrol here reported not a single arrest by the time for DUI on St. Patrick' Day.

Even an introvert like me might can start to feel a bit isolated without outlets for social interaction such as the gym. Or just walking to the neighborhood bar for a beer or two. For extroverts and such this must be damn near torture. Most social media is not a quality replacement for actual human interaction. Heck, often times I imagine it's counterproductive due to the negativity and hostility often encountered.

The financial stress a lot of people are experiencing must be overwhelming, particularly for those who own small businesses and have poured their lives and all their resources into them. It's bad enough for all of the unemployed folks, of course, but I imagine that it's even more disheartening when it's your own business.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:39:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm on day 4 or so, coming off a night shift on my 6 off and coincidentally had taken thur and fri off.  I've been inside the house for the most part with a 3 year old and a 9 year old with my wife working from home most of the day and having to go in for a few hours.  I'm still on a night shift sleep pattern but have to force myself to be awake during the day..... its starting to suck lol,  I think today I am going to take the kids to the beach and fly a kite or something just to get out of the house.  

I'm hoping I don't get hassled by the cops while out, there is some type of shelter in place order which states on the county website you can go out jogging or exercising etc.  I am looking forward to going back to work this weekend lol.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:06:47 AM EDT
[#25]
This is still less stressful than having Hillary as President
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:10:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:13:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:14:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:18:03 AM EDT
[#29]
I think people are a little on edge around here anyways. The unknown is probably getting to a lot of people. Especially when a whole lot of people are out of work and have little to know money coming in. I know that has to be stressful for some people. I feel for people in those situations. It has to be tough. I am not sure how much longer people in those situations can maintain.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:20:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is still less stressful than having Hillary as President
View Quote

No fucking kidding, we would be under martial law by now. Not because this is a bad deal, but power and control.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The unemployment situation is understandable for those impacted.

Investments will bounce back or they won't. Nothing to be done about it in the short term.

Stuck at home is not an excuse. Find something to do. You have no to-do list of stuff needing to be done around the house? How's your chance to catch up
View Quote

Totally agree... a lot of people are freaked though. Shit, I’ve lead a healthier lifestyle during all this than I did before. Riding my bike, walking, no happy hour, didn’t buy any booze (because I can see that becoming an easy problem). Hell, I’ve even laid out in the sun, which I don’t do. Bonus is that I have my gf shacked up at my house (her friend/roommate is an er nurse, so...) and we get along just great! May ask her to move in with me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:33:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

On the plus side for now it seems there's a lot less drunk driving (at least that's leading to arrests) with all the bars closed.
View Quote
Street racers are out in spades here though.
My neighborhood's got a long straight road as soon as you exit that was a wicked popular spot when it was still under construction and had no traffic. Now that traffic's thin from the shut down, it's starting to become a track spot again. Don't mind it one bit honestly. They've been starting right about sunset and wrap it up by like 9-9:30ish. If I had something worth racing, I probably would be too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:06:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Watch a state close the Piggly Wiggly and some trailer parks will burn when the residents can’t get their Mr. Pibb and Moon Pies.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:13:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Honestly, I’m fucking exhausted . The physicality of my job is wearing on me more and more as the years go by,

I got plenty of money to weather a few weeks on unemployment and was hoping we wouldnt be essential just so I could rest the body .

Catching up on shit around the house would’ve been awesome too .

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:20:37 AM EDT
[#35]

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day
.~~ Joker
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:22:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Lockdowns are weak

Shortages arent real

boogaloo is at defcon -87
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:24:44 AM EDT
[#37]
I’m an introvert. As a single parent, I wasn’t getting out anyway except to the park with the kiddo and dog on weekends when the weather is nice.

Little has changed for me currently. Work has adapted to allow me to do my job from home. Our business is still operating so the paycheck will keep coming. I’m so grateful for that.

Things would be very different if I was looking at having to live off savings. I could do it, but it wouldn’t be pretty.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:33:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Some people will be more affected than others. Suicides will increase due to the increased isolation and money woes, and domestic violence will too. My wife is having a hard time of it, she's a very social creature and part of that comes into play at her workplace. Working at home and staying home bothers her a lot more than me. I was built for this. I stayed home a lot before all this.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:40:44 AM EDT
[#39]
My wife needs some anti anxiety meds. She is freaking out over a whole 40 or so cases total in our county.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:44:19 AM EDT
[#40]
There is nothing to stress over. Given the choice I would rather be working,
This morning I will be doing my 2nd service call of the week.
We typically invoice $40k a week.
This week it will be $1,000.
Getting stressed out over it won't change anything .

Ont the home front I'm exhausted.
I've been cleaning out the reloading room and have found enough work for the next week.
Between building more shelves, 5.56 & 7.62 case prep, and reloading 5.56 and 9 mm my week is full.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:46:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There's really no "this" at our house.  We're both already kinda anti-social homebodies.  We're both still working.  Our daily lives haven't really changed much, if at all.  

*shrug*
View Quote

Same here.

Not seeing much change around here either.

But we are in a small town with a small amount of "diversity"...
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm slipping and falling in the mud and snow  in my yard with a beer can in my hand at noon while my kids throw rocks at the deer on the lawn and passers by frown. This guy is alphabetizing his cans of reloading powder.
View Quote

This guy? You mean me?
I've been too busy for the last week with regulars and new referrals coming in wanting guns and ammo. The benefit to being a small FFL versus one of the bigger guys forced to close by King Andy's decree.
I thought I'd be raking the yard and doing other yard work this week, but its still too muddy after that last snow we had melted a couple of days ago
The neighbor and I have a minor swamp problem on our shared property line that will need addressing, and there is a ton of spring-type stuff to do around the house.
And I'm still working, although on a very limited basis
And hiking. Tons of trails around my area that count as "local" enough .
I did step into a grocery store a couple of days ago for a few things, the first time in a month. It was interesting to see first hand the devastation that others have been posting about for weeks
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
. Bonus is that I have my gf shacked up at my house (her friend/roommate is an er nurse, so...) and we get along just great! May ask her to move in with me.
View Quote

Clearly we need to have an intervention for you, before you go do something rash.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:52:05 AM EDT
[#44]
My wife is very much a social animal and is getting depressed from lack of gathering with friends and co-workers.  As for me?  New normal = old normal.  Well, actually I like the shutdown because less traffic on my street makes it safer to walk the dog.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:52:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Same here.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*shrug*

Same here.

Same here as well.  Both my wife and I are still working, we still can do all our outdoor activities, the supermarkets are fully stocked.  I think the only big change so far is our gym being closed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:59:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Once the power or internet goes... fools gots to have they Facebooks.
View Quote

The China virus gets in the wires?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:59:50 AM EDT
[#47]
You mean like the guy in Missouri who wanted to blow up a hospital?

I read an article the other day about a big jump in DV calls in Nassau County here on Long Island.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:04:09 AM EDT
[#48]
The beatings on doomers shall continue until their morale improves.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:07:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The China virus gets in the wires?
View Quote

It did with their drywall...

You ever see what that shit did to wire and copper stub outs for plumbing in a house that had chicom drywall?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#50]
They'll just beg the GOV for more unconstitutional banana republic despot edicts.

All the rage these days.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top