Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, she's my one, but I don't seem to be hers.  Might have been, but I was stoopid.  I think we were 12 when we first 'met' in that we were classmates.  Actually became friends a couple schools and few years later at... 15?  I got romantically interested at 16, fell in love somewhere between then and 17.  

I'm 29 now. :(
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]

The "one" only lasted 30 years prior to her eject.

So.... That means that I apparently never met the "one".
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#3]
14, got married in college, married for 7 years, together for 14.

I don't think there is only one person for anybody. You choose to make a relationship work and find someone who chooses to do the same.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shall attend your wedding one day fucker. Make it happen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
25, still not married, going on 19 years together, the way we see it, why get married and fuck up a good thing

Of course, we are still common law in TX.
I shall attend your wedding one day fucker. Make it happen.
Noted, of course y'all will be on the list.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]
17, been together 18 years now.  

Had 2 really rough patches before we got married.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel ya buddy. Ended Engagement in Januaryish.

Now i'm back single again after a little few month stint with another chick who WAS pretty cool. There's a 30 page thread on that one

I'm going back to having fun and if i come along a good girl so be it. Don't be desperate that's how you settle into the bad ones.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
14. She was 10.

I didn't actually date her until I was 32.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#8]
25 - but for a few minutes. Met again at 27. Married at 32. Widowed at 43.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]
17. In it for 22 years so far!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#10]

But we dodged statistics.

That's too young to commit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#11]
19, 23, 42
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I have never met Neo.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#13]
63 and still waiting... .
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#14]
28, married 18 years.  I only wish I would have married her sooner.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Dating, 38 years ago
Attachment Attached File

Today
Attachment Attached File

#1 Son
Attachment Attached File

#2 Son
Attachment Attached File

My favorite photo of all time.  #1 Son.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I met the girl of my dreams about 3 months ago.

She's funny, she's smart, she's gorgeous, she's built like a brick shithouse, she's friendly, she's talented.

She's not single, she's half my age(50) and I don't have a chance in hell.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I was 28. I didn't know she was the one, or maybe I did. I was always slow to notice things. We broke up a few times, and I needed her more and more each time.

She was the best thing that ever happened to me. I'll go the rest of my days and never find another woman as good as she was for me. I'm happy I was able to know her and sad that she's gone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#18]
24, been married 33 years
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#19]
16, still together
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I was 19, she was 18. Met in December, married the following August of 1980. Still happily married.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:23:06 AM EDT
[#21]
24, I moved across the country for her, built a house for her, did everything she ever wanted, killed myself at a job I hated, in a state I hated for 8 years so she could be close to family. We lived together for a decade before she pressured me into marrying her, I gave in cause I wanted her to be happy after she lost her father. We had some rough patches while living together but we made it work. We made it two years married. We had an amazing child together even though neither of us wanted children. She changed her mind after we were married and pushed hard for a kid, I gave in. After more than a year of her telling me she couldn't listen to me over date night dinners cause she was bored, and her being absent from the relationship, and spending 90k + to add a second story to our house with funding from her mother cause we couldn't afford it and we agreed not to do it I ejected. She was my best friend. After I told her I wanted to leave and I wanted a divorce she told me since we were married she didn't think I'd go anywhere and she'd make it up to me someday. Getting married was the single worse thing I've ever done in my life. 

We're friendly sometimes, cordial most days. In the middle of a divorce, been separated for a year

In a relationship now, I've never felt so connected to someone, I love her and her kid, maybe it'll pan out, maybe not. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#22]

7th long-term relationship, 2nd marriage.

Couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:49:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
30 years old
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't think I'm going to at this point.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#25]
I was 28, she 20.  Married 2 years later and celebrated 20 years last May!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't think I'm going to at this point.
View Quote
Experience tip: You'll meet her when you aren't even looking for her. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Experience tip: You'll meet her when you aren't even looking for her. 
View Quote
People keep saying that, and I'm starting to think it's BS. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#28]
I met her when I was 17 and she was 16.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I make the statement based on a reflection of myself.

I vividly recall being in my late twenties and thumping my chest stating that I'd never fall for anyone, let alone get married. Then came that moment where happenstance wrested me in to the waters of a diminutive little siren. 

11 years married this October 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Nearly 23.  Met in October at a Sunday School party.  Seriously, a Sunday School party.  Went on our first date the next night.  Got married the following April.  Still happily married.  It will be 42 years in April 2018.  

Be patient.  I was sure I would never find the right women.  Just when you least expect it, God will cause your paths to cross.  Keep the faith, and keep trying to be the best version of yourself you can be.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

She's not single, she's half my age(50) and I don't have a chance in hell.

View Quote
You're 100 and still chasing girls? Badass.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because it is BS from people who just had some luck.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Met at 23, but did not see her again due to a committment in green.
Met again at 26, dated for a year,married her at 27.

Still together 36 years later.
The road was rocky at times, and still has it's twists, but now they seem to be more medical.

But, three long distance moves, she, putting up with a 32 year career for me as a cop, and 7 grankids later, we are still together.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#34]
I was 32.

I started a new job, and on my first day when the boss took me out on the production floor for my initial tour, I saw a petite girl bent over, pushing trash down in a barrel. (Just butt and legs visible). Then she stood up, flipping her long/blonde hair over. I was stunned, and never lost that feeling when I looked at her.
   As I got to know her, I knew fairly quickly that I wanted to marry her. We were together a couple years before getting married, and she died just before our 14th anniversary.

This pic is 17 years later, but is pretty much what I saw once she stood up that first day.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

But we dodged statistics.

That's too young to commit.
View Quote
Not if you do it right.
As I posted earlier, we knew each other for years before we got together at 19, married at 22/23.
Part of everybody's shock at her passing is that everybody knew we were the "real deal".
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#36]
We met when we were around ten years old.  I had no idea at the time why I couldn't take my eyes off of her.  She was in full bloom with that stage of awkward pre-teenage dorkiness that redheads suffer through most especially.  Then I met her again when I was 18.  That was all it took.  We dated for a year or two and I was so completely and irretrievably in love I didn't know what to do.  I'll never forget the night I realized what was happening to me.  I couldn't imagine life without her.  We were so comfortable with one another it was terrifying.  So I did what young guys do and screwed up so hard I lost her.  The ensuing fifteen years or so without her were both incredibly fun and somehow empty.  I couldn't stay in a relationship to save my life.  It became a bit of as running joke with my drinking buddies.  

One time I was having dinner with a very beautiful brunette that I had every intention of asking to marry me that evening.  Had the ring in my pocket.  We were sharing a moment when out of nowhere she asked me "Is there anyone in the world you'd leave me for?"  The correct answer to that question, by the way guys, is "No".  But as Fate would have it at exactly that moment my Redhead walked up to the table to say hello since we hadn't seen each other in many years.  I don't remember what I said or did but apparently I didn't do a very good job at hiding my feelings.  The ring stayed in my pocket.  My date must have seen the writing on the wall because she was incredibly pissed off and wanted to go home.  She called my Loyal Drinking Buddy before I even got home and got the low down on the mysterious Redhead and why she didn't have even the slightest chance of competing.  

My Redhead lived in Florida and had a life of her own.  It had been maybe two years from the previous breakup at the restaurant and I had basically sworn off even wasting anyone's time with relationships.  It was one of the best times of my life because I was out from under that dark cloud of regret.  It was a time full of motorcycle trips, career advancement, and personal growth.  I actually rode to Florida once, was about a mile from her house, and then turned around and headed home.  Then one beautiful Fall day she wandered into my office just to say "hello" and catch up on old times.  I knew exactly what the score was by then and didn't hesitate, didn't have any second thoughts, and neither did she.  

We have our ups and downs but the one thing I never question is my undying and unconditional love for her.  I can't help it.  

OP, don't try to force fit someone into your life.  Either it's right or it's not.  And when it's right you will know it because suddenly all other considerations and options cease to exist.  When that happens, go with it.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#37]
I was 27.

32 now and married.

Only a slight 15 year difference tho...

Hang in there, OP.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You're 100 and still chasing girls? Badass.
View Quote
Ass.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We met when we were around ten years old.  I had no idea at the time why I couldn't take my eyes off of her.  She was in full bloom with that stage of awkward pre-teenage dorkiness that redheads suffer through most especially.  Then I met her again when I was 18.  That was all it took.  We dated for a year or two and I was so completely and irretrievably in love I didn't know what to do.  I'll never forget the night I realized what was happening to me.  I couldn't imagine life without her.  We were so comfortable with one another it was terrifying.  So I did what young guys do and screwed up so hard I lost her.  The ensuing fifteen years or so without her were both incredibly fun and somehow empty.  I couldn't stay in a relationship to save my life.  It became a bit of as running joke with my drinking buddies.  

One time I was having dinner with a very beautiful brunette that I had every intention of asking to marry me that evening.  Had the ring in my pocket.  We were sharing a moment when out of nowhere she asked me "Is there anyone in the world you'd leave me for?"  The correct answer to that question, by the way guys, is "No".  But as Fate would have it at exactly that moment my Redhead walked up to the table to say hello since we hadn't seen each other in many years.  I don't remember what I said or did but apparently I didn't do a very good job at hiding my feelings.  The ring stayed in my pocket.  My date must have seen the writing on the wall because she was incredibly pissed off and wanted to go home.  She called my Loyal Drinking Buddy before I even got home and got the low down on the mysterious Redhead and why she didn't have even the slightest chance of competing.  

My Redhead lived in Florida and had a life of her own.  It had been maybe two years from the previous breakup at the restaurant and I had basically sworn off even wasting anyone's time with relationships.  It was one of the best times of my life because I was out from under that dark cloud of regret.  It was a time full of motorcycle trips, career advancement, and personal growth.  I actually rode to Florida once, was about a mile from her house, and then turned around and headed home.  Then one beautiful Fall day she wandered into my office just to say "hello" and catch up on old times.  I knew exactly what the score was by then and didn't hesitate, didn't have any second thoughts, and neither did she.  

We have our ups and downs but the one thing I never question is my undying and unconditional love for her.  I can't help it.  

OP, don't try to force fit someone into your life.  Either it's right or it's not.  And when it's right you will know it because suddenly all other considerations and options cease to exist.  When that happens, go with it.  
View Quote
That's a pretty cool story.

Bro
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top