Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2022 11:50:50 PM EDT
I have a few fairly expensive pocket knives from Emerson and ZT, but I have found over the years that 90% of the time I carry a Kershaw 2200 Link because it's extremely light, slim, and has a blade length of 3.75" that is close in length to the grip houseing.

Can someone recommend something very similar with a 4.75" blade?

" />
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:55:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Emerson CQC8 and CQC13 for EDC. And a Kershaw Natrix usually is dropped in my front weakside pocket. Sharp as a razor and easy to keep sharp, also  has the Speedsafe deployment.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't look at me, I carry a Swiss Army Knife Tinker.

I'd carry a Camper if I could get a Philips instead of the corkscrew.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Benchmade
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:00:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Spyderco all the things
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry Kershaw launch in one of several flavors. 4.75 is a really long blade for a pocket knife though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:04:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Native Chief

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry Kershaw launch in one of several flavors. 4.75 is a really long blade for a pocket knife though.
View Quote

I agree, I may design a double jointed folder. Already working through the details in my mind
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:05:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Spartan Blades Pallas best folder for edc ever. Not to OPs desired length though, 4.5-4.75 would be a big damn folder.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:08:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I agree, I may design a double jointed folder. Already working through the details in my mind
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bifold wallet gave way to the trifold wallet. I think you’re on to something. Send me a demo.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:10:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I've carried a Kershaw Blur in different forms for 10+ years.  Works with my hand size, holds up good, and cheap.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:10:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Spyderco all the things
View Quote
This. I've got far more Spydercos than any other brand. I'm probably at just over 20 of them at this point.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:11:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bifold wallet gave way to the trifold wallet. I think you’re on to something. Send me a demo.
View Quote

Hah! you have no idea... Don't tempt me.

If I design it, would need to be open carry based on realized blade length.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:17:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hah! you have no idea... Don't tempt me.

If I design it, would need to be open carry based on realized blade length.
View Quote

Problem solved. I think this is the way:

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Spyderco all the things
View Quote

Yeah my next is the Para 2.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:23:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Problem solved. I think this is the way:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-15-2016/Uz2-Hi.gif
View Quote

nice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:33:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don't look at me, I carry a Swiss Army Knife Tinker.

I'd carry a Camper if I could get a Philips instead of the corkscrew.
View Quote

Allow me to introduce you to the Hiker:
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:37:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I've got a bunch of Kershaw and Zero Tolerance folders. I've carried 'em all and like them. But for the past year or so I pretty much only carry one of my full sized Benchmade Infidel OTFs, or the Mini Infidel. I wouldn't use them for prying things, but they're great for opening boxes/letters and would slide between a pair of ribs real nice if need be (which is why I bought 'em).

Anyways... most people don't wanna spend $400+ for an EDC blade, and I get it. I used to leave the good blades at home and only carry the Kershaws. But I ended up reminding myself that I didn't spend that kind of money for something that would never leave the safe. So adding scratches and wear doesn't bother me anymore.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:41:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've carried a Kershaw Blur in different forms for 10+ years.  Works with my hand size, holds up good, and cheap.
View Quote

This with a deep pocket clip
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:43:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I liked my Blur for a daily carry blade...  until the spousal unit required my help in digging up the stuck flower holder on her dad's grave one Memorial Day and it lost about a quarter inch of it's tip. It's been sitting somewhere on a shelf covered in dry mud ever since. Was gonna re-profile the blade after that, but just never got around to it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:49:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a few fairly expensive pocket knives from Emerson and ZT, but I have found over the years that 90% of the time I carry a Kershaw 2200 Link because it's extremely light, slim, and has a blade length of 3.75" that is close in length to the grip houseing.

https://i.imgur.com/UF71vis.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/UF71vis.jpg
View Quote

Maybe the ZT 0450/0452 series?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:12:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably the Benchmade SOCP folder is the closest:

https://www.benchmade.com/391bk-socp-tactical-folder.html

4.47" blade, 4.1oz.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:15:05 AM EDT
[#23]

That's awesome! I appreciate it spyder, if there are no other contenders in a few days will pick this up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:27:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I think years ago Gerber made one, but it came with a belt hostler. No provision for pocket clip.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:29:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Kershaw Scallion and Chive have been wonderful blades for me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:37:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Just an FYI, this thread has inspired me to design my next invention. I am putting a few things on hold regarding a few other efforts.

It's going to be awesome!   I am going to design the world's most compact knife that extends to the most efficient usable length.

Get ready...  Once you realize who I am you will understand that I will actually do this!
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:41:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Got this one from Dillon almost 25 years ago.  Guess it needs a new razor blade again...

FWIW I have other blades, but this one is a very useful edc...  Sometimes I carry a Giantmouse, sometimes a Magpul, occasionally I go old school with a Moore Maker.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:49:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Thank you, this is starting to feel like my personal think tank lol
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Got this one from Dillon almost 25 years ago.  Guess it needs a new razor blade again...

FWIW I have other blades, but this one is a very useful edc...  Sometimes I carry a Giantmouse, sometimes a Magpul, occasionally I go old school with a Moore Maker.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59539/dillion-2281362.jpg
View Quote

I just carry a milwaukee fastback now. When your job requires you break down large double and triple wall boxes often, a thick non disposal blade gets tiresome fast.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 4:25:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Spyderco all the things
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 4:26:56 AM EDT
[#31]
I like the buck 276 myself. Cheap, light, well designed and made in Idaho.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 4:37:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's awesome! I appreciate it spyder, if there are no other contenders in a few days will pick this up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Happy to help. I think the SOCP will be hard to beat in terms of blade length to weight/thinness.

The Spyderco Police is a bit heavier and wider, but has a much more usable blade shape in terms of having a full flat grind.

4.2oz, 4.39" blade:

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C07BK4/Police-trade-4-Lightweight/1789

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 4:42:07 AM EDT
[#33]
I honestly can't think of any popular folding knife that is 4.75" blade. Most of your large folders will top out around 4".

Socp was mentioned, zt 0452 is just over 4", I'm sure cold steel makes something that big, spyderco police is 4.3", native chief is over 4.

Biggest knife I can think of was the spyderco Tatanka which was about 5", other than cold steel pocket swords.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 4:50:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I honestly can't think of any popular folding knife that is 4.75" blade. Most of your large folders will top out around 4".

Socp was mentioned, zt 0452 is just over 4", I'm sure cold steel makes something that big, spyderco police is 4.3", native chief is over 4.

Biggest knife I can think of was the spyderco Tatanka which was about 5", other than cold steel pocket swords.
View Quote

Thanks, within our community, I am sure we can come up with something that answers the OP.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:01:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Already adding small magnets for structural rigidity within the design.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:18:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thanks, within our community, I am sure we can come up with something that answers the OP.
View Quote

This isn't some kind of reverse psychology trick where you tell us the answer on the 2nd page is it?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Benchmade
View Quote

Yes, Benchmade Resistor, got it free, have carried it for many years. Great knife. I know everyone hates Benchmade, but like I said, it was a gift.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:20:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This isn't some kind of reverse psychology trick where you tell us the answer on the 2nd page is it?
View Quote

Yeah, something like that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:40:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Benchmade 490 Arcane
S90V blade
Holds an edge very well, not the easiest to sharpen however.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

and several states for purposes of concealed weapon violations  have “ common pocket knife” definitions that are .. “Blades less than 4”
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:13:26 AM EDT
[#42]
I understand wanting a longer blade, but my EDC is a Kershaw Shuffle DIY, the version with the Phillips and Standard screwdriver bits. Excellent utility knife, much less obtrusive than a multi-tool and those screwdriver bits have gotten me out of a few jams enough times to have been worth it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#43]
I understand wanting a longer blade, but my EDC is a Kershaw Shuffle DIY, the version with the Phillips and Standard screwdriver bits. Excellent utility knife, much less obtrusive than a multi-tool and those screwdriver bits have gotten me out of a few jams enough times to have been worth it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here. MUCH more useful than the Microtech UTX-85 it replaced.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Keyshawn Blur is a great EDC and cheap.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

and several states for purposes of concealed weapon violations  have “ common pocket knife” definitions that are .. “Blades less than 4”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does it seem knife laws are some of the dumbest shit?
What about an auto knife is more dangerous than not? Why blade length matters? Longer, harder to conceal. Fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:23:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Kershaw Launch 6.   3.75" blade

- Fairly affordable, can catch it on sale for $99
- The blade design is simple and handles any slicing or poking you want a folder to do
- It's auto, so easy to deploy no matter which hand etc
- The blade steel is one of my favs for a high use knife. Good edge retention but easy to tune up.
- it's light for its size
- Made in the USA

If I carry a folder, it's almost always this one since I bought it about 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Once again arfcom is causing me to spend money. It's not like I don't have dozens of knives.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Spyderco all the things
View Quote

OG smack daddy. Have left the path a couple of times to only came back to old faithful.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#50]
civivi elementum

It hasn’t left my pocket since I tried one out. Amazing knife. Stays crazy sharp too.

I love it and they’re only $50. Buy 2

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Elementum--3614
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top