Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice car OP. Enjoy it.

I had a 2014 CTS-V sedan. Loved the car. Unfortunately had to sell it a month ago due to my wife wanting a divorce.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice car OP. Enjoy it.

I had a 2014 CTS-V sedan. Loved the car. Unfortunately had to sell it a month ago due to my wife wanting a divorce.
View Quote

Thank you! Sorry to hear that!
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Great looking car!

My wife went back to work last month after 12 years of SAHM.  I offered to get her a new car, instead she upgraded my 2.0 ATS Sedan to a V Coupe.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a proper sleeper car for gentlemen.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Great looking car and I'd love to drive COTA one day - super jealous! I may try to get out to MSR Cresson later this year but I think I may know the same Andi as you (last name B, used to have an ACR?).
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Great looking car!

My wife went back to work last month after 12 years of SAHM.  I offered to get her a new car, instead she upgraded my 2.0 ATS Sedan to a V Coupe.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54599/IMG_0970_jpeg-3278839.JPG
View Quote

Thank you!

Yours is FANTASTIC!!! Love the look of the previous V Coupes, and that color...WOW!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Great looking car and I'd love to drive COTA one day - super jealous! I may try to get out to MSR Cresson later this year but I think I may know the same Andi as you (last name B, used to have an ACR?).
View Quote

Thank you!

COTA is a blast! I remember the first time I tried it in iRacing - I HATED it...then a pro racing buddy coached me on it (he was on his sim, we both had headsets, great way to learn!) and I picked it up in a few laps...made a WORLD of difference for when I showed up there to actually race!! We had one, that's ONE, practice session (light rain / mist, lovely LOL!) before qualifying....and I was immediately comfortable with the track...and did reasonably well. Took a few more races before podium / wins, but those came! It's especially FUN in the rain!! I say that in all seriousness too!

Yes - we know the same Andi! He's coming out to my weekly event this Tuesday (8/13) - Racecars n Cigars - Danny's Celtic Pub in Bedford, if you'd like to join us. 4 pm'ish until late! He's got some new fancy car, a Gee Tee Three or something? From Germ a knee or something.... LOL. I'm Brad, BTW.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate you OP

J/K...love that car and the color.  I had a Pontiac G8 in a similar blue.  Trying to get back into a Chevy SS with the manual.  Would love a Blackwing but just a little out of my budget
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thank you!

COTA is a blast! I remember the first time I tried it in iRacing - I HATED it...then a pro racing buddy coached me on it (he was on his sim, we both had headsets, great way to learn!) and I picked it up in a few laps...made a WORLD of difference for when I showed up there to actually race!! We had one, that's ONE, practice session (light rain / mist, lovely LOL!) before qualifying....and I was immediately comfortable with the track...and did reasonably well. Took a few more races before podium / wins, but those came! It's especially FUN in the rain!! I say that in all seriousness too!

Yes - we know the same Andi! He's coming out to my weekly event this Tuesday (8/13) - Racecars n Cigars - Danny's Celtic Pub in Bedford, if you'd like to join us. 4 pm'ish until late! He's got some new fancy car, a Gee Tee Three or something? From Germ a knee or something.... LOL. I'm Brad, BTW.
View Quote

That sounds like a blast for sure. I've only been to watch a few races (F1 a couple times, MotoGP, IMSA) but never actually driven the track... maybe one day! That's great, what a small world. I'd love to go but doubt I can make it - the c8 is currently topless (roof panel is at a body shop getting some rock chips fixed) and I'm not driving it in this heat until I get it back but definitely another time. Tell him Matt (Amber/Justin's friend that had the M3) says hi!
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I NEED to learn how to post pictures here......

I have a 2023 V-Blackwing in Orange.....

AND

I bought it used......WITH 144 miles on it.....Still had some of the protective plastic wrap on some of the interior parts.....

AND, still had the lower (5,000?) artificial red line.....

Over the years I've had Impala SS (sold), 96 Corvette LT-4 (sold), 2005 CTS-V (sold), 2016 Chevy SS (Automatic), 2018 CTS-V (had to sell), 2018 ATS 2 door with Recaro's (sold), 2015 Chevy SS Manual (sold), 2015 Chevy Caprice PPVand my 2023 Blackwing....

Tried to order exactly what I wanted, but my dealer didn't have any allocations left, offered me the Grey Auto on the showroom, and would order me the "Orange" for 2024.....Which I passed on....Good thing too because Orange became Electric Yellow for 2024.....

So, while I didn't get exactly what I wanted, I got my top two requirements....

ORANGE!
Third Pedal (6 Speed).

This thing is SCARY FAST

And So Much Fun....

And, by buying used, I didn't get the "FREE" Drivers School out in Nevada.....

But I LOVE this car.....

One of the last manual sedans that are going to be made...
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That sounds like a blast for sure. I've only been to watch a few races (F1 a couple times, MotoGP, IMSA) but never actually driven the track... maybe one day! That's great, what a small world. I'd love to go but doubt I can make it - the c8 is currently topless (roof panel is at a body shop getting some rock chips fixed) and I'm not driving it in this heat until I get it back but definitely another time. Tell him Matt (Amber/Justin's friend that had the M3) says hi!
View Quote

Copy that on the heat! I drove my HMMWV there a few weeks ago...it was pretty warm! LOL...it's a 1988 M998, military, no A/C....joy! But fun....A few weeks previous it quite couldn't make it there (within a mile), had to have it flat bedded home, that was a hot one...got it fixed quick though...fun! LOL

Andi says hi and asked "where ya been? It's been years!" Small world!!

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hate you OP

J/K...love that car and the color.  I had a Pontiac G8 in a similar blue.  Trying to get back into a Chevy SS with the manual.  Would love a Blackwing but just a little out of my budget
View Quote

LOL... I feel ya! Thank you! I LOVE the G8! My wife had one - miss that car! Yes on the SS!!! Heck of a car!! Or a Holden Commodore if you can find one.... I instructed a guy with an SS at the track, it was AWESOME!
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I NEED to learn how to post pictures here......

I have a 2023 V-Blackwing in Orange.....

AND

I bought it used......WITH 144 miles on it.....Still had some of the protective plastic wrap on some of the interior parts.....

AND, still had the lower (5,000?) artificial red line.....

Over the years I've had Impala SS (sold), 96 Corvette LT-4 (sold), 2005 CTS-V (sold), 2016 Chevy SS (Automatic), 2018 CTS-V (had to sell), 2018 ATS 2 door with Recaro's (sold), 2015 Chevy SS Manual (sold), 2015 Chevy Caprice PPVand my 2023 Blackwing....

Tried to order exactly what I wanted, but my dealer didn't have any allocations left, offered me the Grey Auto on the showroom, and would order me the "Orange" for 2024.....Which I passed on....Good thing too because Orange became Electric Yellow for 2024.....

So, while I didn't get exactly what I wanted, I got my top two requirements....

ORANGE!
Third Pedal (6 Speed).

This thing is SCARY FAST

And So Much Fun....

And, by buying used, I didn't get the "FREE" Drivers School out in Nevada.....

But I LOVE this car.....

One of the last manual sedans that are going to be made...
View Quote

Congrats on the ORANGE!! I LOVE that color!! And that's a CRAZY cool deal you got! You've had some really nice rides too! Yes, you are spot on - the manual!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
..snip..
View Quote

DUDE, that is badass! When are you putting a ma-deuce on it??

Every time my wife sees a mil HMMWV she asks if we can get one
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I got old as well I went V2, didn't want to deal with the direct injection,  I bought mine to play. My ported 90mm throttle body failed...which has lead to supercharger now off and being ported, aux fuel pump, lower pulley in addition to the upper already on...I have to stop.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

DUDE, that is badass! When are you putting a ma-deuce on it??

Every time my wife sees a mil HMMWV she asks if we can get one
View Quote

Thank you! It's a blast to drive the beast! I'd really like a minigun but transferable are waaaaaay out of my league LOL!! A deuce or a .30 cal is definitely on my radar...!

I've been really happy with mine so far - the previous owner took pretty good care of it. I've had to deal with just some small things... my wife was all on board due to the non-electronics of it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got old as well I went V2, didn't want to deal with the direct injection,  I bought mine to play. My ported 90mm throttle body failed...which has lead to supercharger now off and being ported, aux fuel pump, lower pulley in addition to the upper already on...I have to stop.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/349755/20240511_121147_jpg-3293751.JPG
View Quote

Sweet ride!! Sounds like you are going to be having some more fun!
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Out of my price range , will stick to my 1/2 ton Silverado.

If I had a windfall the 1/2 ton would be a trade in for the 1 ton dually (needed for my new huge boat!) and I would buy a caddy just like that (maybe in white)

Most all the power and handling of a vette without the stupid.

Enjoy your fine car!
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#19]
But nobody buys and drives a REAL cadillac anymore ...

Link Posted: 8/16/2024 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Out of my price range , will stick to my 1/2 ton Silverado.

If I had a windfall the 1/2 ton would be a trade in for the 1 ton dually (needed for my new huge boat!) and I would buy a caddy just like that (maybe in white)

Most all the power and handling of a vette without the stupid.

Enjoy your fine car!
View Quote

We actually had a 1 ton dually a few vehicles back...was a GREAT tow vehicle! But driving it without a trailer and after doing a looooong road trip - it was time to say goodbye!

Thank you, having a blast!
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#21]

You buy, I'll fly! Would love to take that for a spin!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top