BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you may luck out and find you some chubsters.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b1/1c/41/b11c41ce30ce3de88371745968e7489f.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Went to one once. Half the guests (literally half, very noticeable) left for an hour during the reception to go to Burger King down the street.

True story.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If anyone starts talking about their "spirit animals," tell them that yours is the pig because they taste good.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Im sure I will be branded a faggot, but some vegan dishes are delicious.

I know this is GD, but you don’t have to eat an 87 oz prime ribeye every single day of the year.
View Quote

Have to, vs want to...
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who has a wedding and fails to mention it is a cash bar?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will there be free alcohol?
Oh dear Lord I hope so

Who has a wedding and fails to mention it is a cash bar?
The best way to do alcohol at a wedding is to have the couple/family buy all the alcohol
and then just hire a licensed bartender, who will just charge them a flat rate for their time, usually quite reasonably.

It's way cheaper for the couple and the bartender makes bank on tips.
We've done this for a number of weddings and the bartender can easily bring in 2 grand in cash tips for one night. It's a good gig.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#6]
A lot of smug in the air.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you like Hummus and Jicama?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a heart attack in November and have been on a health kick since trying to better myself.  I started dating a vegetarian cross fit chick 13 years my junior and she cooks most of our food.  Its incredible.  I have consumed meat twice in 2024 (one Chicago dog and one cheeseburger) and I honestly couldn't feel better.  Down 82 pounds since Dec 1 2024 just eating vegetarian and walking.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#16]
A vegan wedding is just like a straight wedding.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#18]
At a vegan wedding, who will the vegans tell they’re vegan to?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#21]
You can expect there will be no one to chat about AR15's with.  Maybe no one you will have anything in common with at all.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The grooms father is one of my best friends  He and I have known each other for 40 years. I knew the groom since the day he was born.

By the way  The grooms family are all carnivores as well as I am. It's the groom and the bride that are the vegans.

they are great kids just their dietary requirements are a little askew and that's OK
View Quote

that’s awesome; congrats & hope you have a fantastic night w the wife, his family & celebrating the newlyweds.  

more meatstix!!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
hippie chicks.
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm just glad I don't know people like this.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm just glad I don't know people like this.

View Quote
This.... I get being a vegetarian especially for heath reasons... Vegans are mentally ill humans... I dated one, she was batshit crazy period.... A vegan wedding in CA equals a metric ton of mentally ill humans in a small area... Scary shit!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm sure someone has already pointed this out.  You can expect to leave hungry.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Great! Then I will fit right in  We just bought a Subaru a few months ago.

however, it is the wilderness edition

View Quote
Dude that just means that you and your boyfriend don't shave.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Im sure I will be branded a faggot, but some vegan dishes are delicious.

I know this is GD, but you don’t have to eat an 87 oz prime ribeye every single day of the year.
View Quote

" />
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Any hippie chicks?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
NUTCHEESE

View Quote

THATS CALLED NUT CHEESE, BIG BUFFETS SERVE BIG CHEESE. THATS THE SIZE YOU SERVE ON A KITCHEN BOARD.  I SERVE BIGGER CHEESE THEN THAT IN OUR PARLOR BOARD.

(someone had to)
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Nut cheese sounds like a hygiene issue.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I don’t understand  

Anytime we throw a party, or even just having people over, including our wedding way back when, we always consider what the guests like when figuring out food and drinks

If only bride and groom were vegan, why did they serve only vegan food? Seems like a dick move that serves no real purpose.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

...If only bride and groom were vegan, why did they serve only vegan food? Seems like a dick move that serves no real purpose.
View Quote

Some vegans are, or at least pretend to be, offended by the presence of animal-based food products.  They'll complain about the appearance of the food, its smell, or even the mere thought of animals being exploited for food.  They will never pass up an opportunity to tell you that they are vegan, kind of like that old joke about never asking a man if he's from Texas.

They're not all that way.  My wife's Apple (computer) consultant is vegan, but he's not at all offended by people eating non-vegan stuff.

Good on the Best Man for roasting the couple a bit.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#36]
I went to a relative's wedding a number of years ago that had health issues and couldn't eat meat. Her diet was really bizarre and basically eating vegan or something similar type diet.

Got there and DAMN if the whole menu was crap like she'd eat. I'll be honest , the wooden trays the "food" came on tasted better than the actual food.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Did you take some Beno before you went to bed ?

That's a high end dutch oven event about to creep up on you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I’d have brought a couple sacks full of cheeseburgers and eaten them at my table.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can you guys stop picking on Subarus??

I love my Forrester!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make a bunch of Subaru blown head gasket jokes.

Kharn
Can you guys stop picking on Subarus??

I love my Forrester!!!

I loved my Impreza and I love my Ascent, but that Impreza had a ton of extended warranties due to all the fucking issues with the engine and transmission from the year it was made. I think they extended the engine to 80k and the transmission to 100k?
My Ascent practically drives itself, it's amazing.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
AAR:

Wedding was awesome (Knew the groom since the day he was born)

Again only he and his wife are vegan. Everyone in attendance were not. The best man made sure to bring THAT up in his speech

The menu was 2 kinds of salads, a potato and kale dish, falafel, and pasta. Not bad at all (although the falafel was gone by the time we got to the buffet I actually like falafel) We had had that served on disposable bamboo plates, knives and forks... weird but OK.

I have to say the vegan cupcakes were not as bad as I thought it would be. No eggs or dairy? My curiosity is to find out how they are made but some things are best left to the unknown.

All the guests were skeptical of the food prior to eating but were saying "you know, it wasn't that bad" at the end of the night

My only complaint? Nut cheese.... Dear Lord why did you allow humans to create this? That was HORRIBLE!!! I FORBID my tastebuds to ever eat NUTCHEESE EVER AGAIN! Just say the word.... Nnnnnnnnutcheeeeeeeese.

Other than me and my WIFE'S car, there were no other Subarus there.

View Quote

No other Subarus???

Epic fail on my part
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Nut cheese sounds like a hygiene issue.
View Quote

Indeed… not on my bingo card..lol
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#42]
My wife is a vegetarian (still eats seafood). Our wedding meal options were strip steak, salmon, or chicken.

Your hosts easily could have had 3 options as well: vegan, steak, chicken. But in the end, who really cares? As long as you have a good time, get enough to eat that you're not hungry, and don't die of a nut allergy, it's just a party with friends.  Yes they could have accommodated guests better. But in the end, they did just fine, and invited you to their party.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If anyone starts talking about their "spirit animals," tell them that yours is the pig because they taste good.
View Quote

A Wonderful, Magical Animal (The Simpsons)
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Expect deep-rooted and expanding TDS.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Homo sapiens sapiens are evolved to be carnivorous apex predators.  We adapted to be able to survive on vegetation temporarily, for when we can't find real food.

Did the couple provide all the long list of supplements essential to surviving on their virtue-signaling "diet?" I could see them offering free Vitamin B12 injections, for example.

Plants are trying to kill you.

Animal proteins and fats are essential nutrients.  Carbs are recreation.

PHD!!!!  Proper human diet.

Only two reasons for a man to eat vegetables:  He can't find real human food OR he wants sexual favors from his woman.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
A mixed bag on the food but guaranteed a bunch of limp wristed guys looking to get laid, it should be a target rich environment for you!
View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don’t understand  

Anytime we throw a party, or even just having people over, including our wedding way back when, we always consider what the guests like when figuring out food and drinks

If only bride and groom were vegan, why did they serve only vegan food? Seems like a dick move that serves no real purpose.
View Quote

This...the bride and groom must be so self centered that they were the only 2 grass eaters at the wedding and instead of doing a normal catering for their guests and bridal party decided to have everyone partake in a vegetarian experience at thier wedding.
I wonder how many of the guests met later at Texas Roadhouse?
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top