Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Lexus grills are hideous.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:10:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good luck with that.
Toyota just announced a 50% reduction for new builds.
View Quote

This one's supposed to be here by late September or early October so that means it's either already built and on the boat or nearly built.

We'll see what they say next week.  More importantly though is that this one is already allocated and in the build queue while my 4Runner order hasn't even been accepted yet.

It was also a 40% reduction for the month of September according to all of the news articles I saw.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
@Alex_F, I want an LC80 so damn badbut I've got way too many money pits sitting around as it is.
View Quote

@fivepointoh

I'm actually considering selling it...
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
GX thread

I wasn’t too much a fan of that grill so I went with a VG condition first Gen. added Multi Terrain Select, Crawl Control, and some ARB skids. Have a Prinsu rack inbound. Still undecided on whether to lift or not, and wheels and tires.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
GX thread

I wasn’t too much a fan of that grill so I went with a VG condition first Gen. added Multi Terrain Select, Crawl Control, and some ARB skids. Have a Prinsu rack inbound. Still undecided on whether to lift or not, and wheels and tires.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/115870/7B4AB573-4A72-4F33-A25C-3B03A259EFDA_jpe-2062332.JPG
View Quote

I wish I could add MTS and Crawl control to this one but I haven't seen any info on how to do it after the 2020 refresh.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wish I could add MTS and Crawl control to this one but I haven't seen any info on how to do it after the 2020 refresh.
View Quote

Can’t add it to ‘20+ but the industry is pretty amazing. I’m sure someone will figure it out.

Either way, very nice truck you got there ????

Yes GD, it’s a truck.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can’t add it to ‘20+ but the industry is pretty amazing. I’m sure someone will figure it out.

Yes GD, it’s a truck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes GD, it’s a truck.

Thanks!  I'm going to be happy when I actually get a delivery date as until then I'm still in disbelief that I was actually able to locate one in Nori Green.

With the huge PITA that it's been trying to replace my 4Runner I'm just not ready to celebrate yet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Gross
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Everyone bitches about the grill.  Jeep has 100s of shitty grill options.  Why doesn’t anyone make one for the Lexus?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice Ascent/Equinox/Explorer/Palisade/Pilot/Chinese Buick Dude!
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey, at least it's not made in Mexico or China.  It's also not made with union labor.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hey, at least it's not made in Mexico or China.  It's also not made with union labor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, made in Japan where all the quality vehicles are made. Same line as the Land Cruiser
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nope, made in Japan where all the quality vehicles are made. Same line as the Land Cruiser
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's right

I won't buy a Toyota product that's not made in Japan.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Perhaps they’re polarizing, but I think they look good, and don’t care about your opinion.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Perhaps they’re polarizing, but I think they look good, and don’t care about your opinion.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72631/FDCA22B4-63BD-45AC-9E6D-863C90A82EEF-2062462.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72631/FDCA22B4-63BD-45AC-9E6D-863C90A82EEF-2062462.jpg

They are polarizing but I like the GX grille.  I do like the Land Cruiser grippe more though but $100K for it just wasn't an option.  It's also bigger than I wanted.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Way to come out thread.

Hope you and your husband enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Way to come out thread.

Hope you and your husband enjoy it.
View Quote

Green isn't for everyone but the only other options were white or black.  I just sold a black 4Runner and I don't want white so that leaves green as I also don't want a bunch of chrome so that meant Black Line Edition.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#18]
The grill and the outdated tech is what kept me from buying one, same with the LC. On the LC I just could not get over the old looking tech, very annoying since many of the things had to be done via the screen and there isn't a way around it, the backup camera was horrible. The gas tank is small.

Quoted:

Is anyone making aftermarket bumper/grille packages that make it look less..."unconventional"?
View Quote

A guy, maybe over on ih8mud, ordered all the Prado front end parts from overseas. Not cheap, but it looks great. I don't have the link available.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They are polarizing but I like the GX grille.  I do like the Land Cruiser grippe more though but $100K for it just wasn't an option.  It's also bigger than I wanted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it’s way bigger than I wanted, but couldn’t spend that much regardless. My wife would’ve killed me. I would’ve ended up having to live in it after getting kicked to the curb.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, it’s way bigger than I wanted, but couldn’t spend that much regardless. My wife would’ve killed me. I would’ve ended up having to live in it after getting kicked to the curb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The grill and the outdated tech is what kept me from buying one, same with the LC. On the LC I just could not get over the old looking tech, very annoying since many of the things had to be done via the screen and there isn't a way around it, the backup camera was horrible. The gas tank is small.

A guy, maybe over on ih8mud, ordered all the Prado front end parts from overseas. Not cheap, but it looks great. I don't have the link available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is anyone making aftermarket bumper/grille packages that make it look less..."unconventional"?

The only reason I'm getting it is because they finally updated the infotainment system for '22.

I'll have to see if I can find that thread.  I'm scared of how much it'd cost to do that for Nori Green though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Great choice! This is how mine looked yesterday

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a '16. Lifted 3" on Dobinsons IMS. It rides like shit. I regret getting Dobinsons.

Nice otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a '16. Lifted 3" on Dobinsons IMS. It rides like shit. I regret getting Dobinsons.

Nice otherwise.
View Quote

what spring rates did you get?

I've found it takes weight to bring the ride where it needs to be.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nice otherwise.
View Quote

@SDSG Really…that’s disappointing From the GXOR groups it seems the Dobs IMS are the bees knees. I’m haven’t decided if I want to lift yet but that kit was in my top few options.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Yeah I'll never have that happen

I mainly got it for the higher towing capacity, V8, and 6-speed.  It'll see light off road use but nothing like what you're doing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The only reason I'm getting it is because they finally updated the infotainment system for '22.

I'll have to see if I can find that thread.  I'm scared of how much it'd cost to do that for Nori Green though.
View Quote

The color wouldn't matter, he had to paint everything. He was getting parts from all over the world, shipping was a bitch. I'll look when I get home.

I didn't know they updated the infotainment system. As much as people bag on Ford, I really like the set up in my F150, I have physical controls for everything in addition to the screen.

ETA: Jesus christ, they slapped the tablet looking screen in it! Everyone is getting away from that! Fucking Toyota.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nice otherwise.
View Quote
I've got Radflos and have been very happy with them
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The color wouldn't matter, he had to paint everything. He was getting parts from all over the world, shipping was a bitch. I'll look when I get home.

I didn't know they updated the infotainment system. As much as people bag on Ford, I really like the set up in my F150, I have physical controls for everything in addition to the screen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that would get really expensive then....thanks!

Yup it finally happened.  Now there's a 10.3" screen and actual buttons for fan speed rather than the stupid menu option they used before.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yup it finally happened.  Now there's a 10.3" screen and actual buttons for fan speed rather than the stupid menu option they used before.
View Quote

It's a table screen, everyone is getting away from that. The interior looks a helluva lot nicer, I like it a lot, except for that tablet screen.

That interior looks really good, they got way from the boring old people interior.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you really want a genuine prado front end Adventure Motors in KC just recently finished a kick ass conversion. Check them out on FB or IG if you’re curious.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I keep hoping for a steel bumper that looks better. Way out of my price range anyway. My 470 is still wonderful to drive.
View Quote

I absolutely love my 470. 206k and still runs like a champ.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's a table screen, everyone is getting away from that. The interior looks a helluva lot nicer, I like it a lot, except for that tablet screen.

That interior looks really good, they got way from the boring old people interior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After having our '19 RAV4 now for 18 months I'm used to the tablet screen.  That being said if they would have added buttons for the fan speed I would have went with a 4Runner like I had originally planned.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#34]
You want chips with that?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@SDSG Really…that’s disappointing From the GXOR groups it seems the Dobs IMS are the bees knees. I’m haven’t decided if I want to lift yet but that kit was in my top few options.
View Quote

Its way too stiff and I'm on stock spring weights. It seems that I am an anomaly
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I was gonna order the exact same nori GX. Then the Tundra caught my eye.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#37]
My sister in law has a 2020. I don't love it. No doubt it has impeccable history as far as being reliable.

But the technology is dated compared to anything in the same price range, the engine/fan is loud and the gas mileage is horrible considering it's not quick.

I also don't like how high the trunk floor is.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Wife is about to get one. Definately a nice soccer mom car.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Toyota's premium fuel requirement would probably keep me from buying one.

That grill would have to go. Dremel + this would be waiting in my garage:

https://www.metaltech4x4.com/metal-tech-2014-2021-lexus-gx460-tiger-shark-front-bumper-stage-1/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I can't lie that the V8 and 6-speed plus the 6500lb tow capacity was a big part of why I bit the bullet.

Also, after having the wife's AWD RAV4 for a winter it is really nice not having to mess with switching into and out of 4WD.  That is especially true on just partly snow/ice covered roads.
View Quote
I had the back end try and switch places with the front end last time I was out in some snow. Helps to lock the center diff so its 50/50 instead of 40/60.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I bought the 2020 last year in atomic silver and love it. Was my first "luxury" brand and don't think I'll ever go back. I was planning on the 4runner but it was just too plain/basic on the interior.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My sister in law has a 2020. I don't love it. No doubt it has impeccable history as far as being reliable.

But the technology is dated compared to anything in the same price range, the engine/fan is loud and the gas mileage is horrible considering it's not quick.

I also don't like how high the trunk floor is.
View Quote

This is my biggest complaint. The cargo area is much smaller than it was in my 4runner without 3rd row. I'd rather they kept the removable side folding seats of the previous generation and the Land Cruisers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like a Cylon and an Autobot had some kinky sex.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@fivepointoh

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Alex_F, I want an LC80 so damn badbut I've got way too many money pits sitting around as it is.

@fivepointoh

My interest is intensifying. Details? Any pics on ‘Mud?

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This one's supposed to be here by late September or early October so that means it's either already built and on the boat or nearly built.

We'll see what they say next week.  More importantly though is that this one is already allocated and in the build queue while my 4Runner order hasn't even been accepted yet.

It was also a 40% reduction for the month of September according to all of the news articles I saw.
View Quote

If you have the production vin DM me and I can tell you where it’s at in the build process. If you don’t have the vin ask your sales agent for a Vspec w/vin
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks to @Amped I was able to find the GX that the dealer said they could get for me but then stopped responding at the actual dealer who ordered it.

They said they weren't sending it to the dealer I had been working with and while someone had wanted to know when it came in so they could look at it they didn't place a deposit.

Given that I put a deposit down, they charged my card, and I got a receipt so it's mine when it shows up.

I'm having it shipped as it's too far away for me to want to drive.

Now I'm happy again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice car for your wife
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#49]
I went down to see if they could do me a vet discount, but there were 6 coming in and spoken for.  I ended up buying a used GL450 and tuned it.  It hauls ass, but it has some issue with the AC system so the place has had it for going on 6 weeks now.  TX doesnt seem to have any kind of used lemon law so I am driving loaners, and kinda wished I had bent over and spent the $60k
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I went down to see if they could do me a vet discount, but there were 6 coming in and spoken for.  I ended up buying a used GL450 and tuned it.  It hauls ass, but it has some issue with the AC system so the place has had it for going on 6 weeks now.  TX doesnt seem to have any kind of used lemon law so I am driving loaners, and kinda wished I had bent over and spent the $60k
View Quote

Getting a discount right now is pretty much impossible.  I'm just happy to be paying MSRP.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top