Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What have I done

It's exactly how I would have ordered it and I should have it by the end of September.

https://nextcloud.fstech.ltd/s/Y2Wb6P3f3XkeX4c/preview
View Quote
Op do you mind telling us how much you paid

i'm interested in one but depends on how much below MSRP I can get it for .
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What have I done

It's exactly how I would have ordered it and I should have it by the end of September.

https://nextcloud.fstech.ltd/s/Y2Wb6P3f3XkeX4c/preview

I'm paying MSRP.

You aren't going to get any in demand vehicle for the next 12-18 months for much under MSRP as many dealers are charging over MSRP.  If you are extremely lucky you might be able to get $500 off of MSRP through the Costco Auto Program but that's the best I've seen.

Our local Toyota dealership is charging $10K over on 4Runner Pro's, $5K over on 4Runner Adventure, and $10K over on RAV4 Prime's.....and they are selling as fast as they get them.

I consider myself lucky to be paying MSRP in the current market given the chip shortage and shutdowns.  It sucks but Toyota's never really get the huge rebates that other brands have.  Even in 2017 when buying a 2016 4Runner I only wound up getting $3500 off MSRP.

ETA: I just saw you live in NY.  I estimate a 0% chance of you paying under MSRP there for any 4Runner or GX 460.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm paying MSRP.

You aren't going to get any in demand vehicle for the next 12-18 months for much under MSRP as many dealers are charging over MSRP.  If you are extremely lucky you might be able to get $500 off of MSRP through the Costco Auto Program but that's the best I've seen.

Our local Toyota dealership is charging $10K over on 4Runner Pro's, $5K over on 4Runner Adventure, and $10K over on RAV4 Prime's.....and they are selling as fast as they get them.

I consider myself lucky to be paying MSRP in the current market given the chip shortage and shutdowns.  It sucks but Toyota's never really get the huge rebates that other brands have.  Even in 2017 when buying a 2016 4Runner I only wound up getting $3500 off MSRP.

ETA: I just saw you live in NY.  I estimate a 0% chance of you paying under MSRP there for any 4Runner or GX 460.
View Quote
I actually stopped by the local Lexus dealer who had 5 or 6 in stock

not sure how many are base models and so on but I think they'll be happy getting rid of what they have as people are gas conscience and will definitely not pay over MSRP for the GX 460 .
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 2019 GX 460 and I love the damn thing. Box stock except for tires.  I'm thinking of adding the VLINE upgrade to get apple carplay. Should be around $1k installed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

not sure how many are base models and so on but I think they'll be happy getting rid of what they have as people are gas conscience and will definitely not pay over MSRP for the GX 460 .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm paying MSRP.

So you're looking at 2021's then as there aren't any 2022's on dealer lots yet and there are only 49 Nori Green GX's allocated for the entire USA so far?

They may deal on 2021's but it's a sellers market right now for vehicles so I don't think you'll have as much luck as you think you will.  Maybe people in NY are more concerned about fuel costs and that'll help you...I have no idea I guess.

I'll be using premium all of the time in mine and really don't care what fuel costs since I don't drive much.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#7]
when do the 2022 hit the Lotts , I was just browsing when I went in to Lexus and to be honest the GX 460

hasn't been on my radar but its reasonably priced so I might go for it .
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
when do the 2022 hit the Lotts , I was just browsing when I went in to Lexus and to be honest the GX 460

hasn't been on my radar but its reasonably priced so I might go for it .
View Quote

The earliest I've seen one coming in is mid-September.  Mine was built on 8/22 and it's not going to get to the US port until 9/24.  After it gets to the port it's going to take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to get to the dealership depending on all of the options being added at the port and driver availability to transport it to the dealership.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@Bryan_Aim

Did you bother getting the Lexus extended warranty?  The 8yr/75K mile warranty on the RAV4 and 4Runner at $800 was worth it to me but the same on the GX is $1800 so I'm leaning towards not getting it since it already has a 4yr/50K bumper to bumper and 5yr/70K powertrain warranty.
View Quote
Did not get extended warranty but got additional warranty through 3rd party that covers paint less dent repair. All interior parts and some other BS for 8yrs. Not something I would normally do. This paid for itself a couple months later when my wife dropped the key in the river. Warranty covers one lost or broken key per year.

eta. Biggest selling point was it covers all interior fabrics from stain smells and rips for the 8yrs. I have kids and 200lb dogs.

Eta2. Also covered two shopping cart scuffs getting buffed out and they comped a couple small knicks
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a 2019 GX 460 and I love the damn thing. Box stock except for tires.  I'm thinking of adding the VLINE upgrade to get apple carplay. Should be around $1k installed.
View Quote

Join the GXOR facebook group and ask about the next Vline group buy. I think I paid $500 and installation is super easy.

@Polska_Kielbasa

Edit: $469 shipped
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Join the GXOR facebook group and ask about the next Vline group buy. I think I paid $500 and installation is super easy.

@Polska_Kielbasa

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Polska_Kielbasa

Thank you for this!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah the pre-2020 looked better but I wanted the new infotainment.  I also really like the green on it which I never thought I'd say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow…man that’s spot on. I can’t I see it lol.

Glad I got a previous Gen.

Yeah the pre-2020 looked better but I wanted the new infotainment.  I also really like the green on it which I never thought I'd say.

That green is sweet. I’d still pimp it
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#13]
@Amped

Any chance I could get you to email me?  I was wondering about finding out which ship my GX is on as the dealer isn't sure how to find that information.

It appears that IM's are messed up for me right now on here as well as I don't think they're sending.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You could easily find a 2014-2021 owner to swap grills with on Facebook GX460 owner groups.

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice color
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@Amped

Any chance I could get you to email me?  I was wondering about finding out which ship my GX is on as the dealer isn't sure how to find that information.

It appears that IM's are messed up for me right now on here as well as I don't think they're sending.
View Quote

I’ll email you when I get in.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top