BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Coglan's law: bury the dead, they stink up the place
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope there was a much pivot steering involved.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
War is hell . Carry on
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh well
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Unarmed? Like all those kids at the concert they gunned down? Like all those families they murdered in their homes or trying to flee?

I still think a Dresden or Tokyo level firestorm would be a good next step.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Unarmed? Like all those kids at the concert they gunned down? Like all those families they murdered in their homes or trying to flee?

View Quote

Not a whole lot left to burn, really
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Thread not going like OP thought.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
War is hell.
View Quote

Depends on your MOS...like that dude in the tower Cam Ranh Bay
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#9]
It is a war.  You need to kill your enemy until they surrender, unequivocally, or you are simply prolonging the misery on both sides.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Bummer. Don't be terrorist simps.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh no!
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Really missing any downside.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It is a war.  You need to kill your enemy until they surrender, unequivocally, or you are simply prolonging the misery on both sides.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#15]
It's always a good thing to bury shit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#16]
And?.......

Who cares.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Am I supposed to be mad?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Were they proven “unarmed”?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#20]
"Well....bye"
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#22]
When suicide bombing is a common pasttime of your society, this is the kind of thing that happens. Don't want no s**t, don't start no s**t.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Ever lasting covenant.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Approaching the Israeli troops with visible backpacks?

The Israeli response was totally appropriate.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Odds that they are either terrorists or support Hamas, 95%.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Ummmm...... are we suppose to sympathize with the shit these people started and like the 87% that overwhelmingly endorse and teach in school??
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#27]
This thread.

Moral authority to conduct and maintain war stems from your willingness to follow agreed upon rules. Do we want the Israelis raping and skull stomping everyone?

You don't shoot unarmed people who are surrendering.

Full stop - not a discussion, doing so is a war crime. Rules we, the USA, imposed on other people after kicking their asses in a series of World Wars. And adhering to those sorts of wars allowed us to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan for years and years and years, without our civilian government losing its will to fight.

If true, this is a war crime, and should be investigated as such. And then you move on. And that is war - mistakes happen, bad apples exist, you find them, eject them, and move on.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll have a Coke. At the most charge the soldiers a $25 fine for littering....and dismiss that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

ImOKwithThat.gif
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Source

The IDF admitted to killing two Palestinian men and burying their bodies with a bulldozer
The IDF admitted to killing two Palestinian men and burying their bodies with a bulldozer after Al Jazeera published a video claiming to show the incident, according to an IDF statement to CNN on Saturday.

The IDF claimed that the men approached the operational area in central Gaza in a "suspicious manner" and didn't respond to warning shots.

The video, filmed from a distance and heavily edited, was released by Al Jazeera on Wednesday.

In the video, you can see two men walking along a beach in Gaza, waving white flags, as they approach a wall of rubble dividing the beach, where Israeli soldiers are stationed.

As one crosses the barrier, he waves at troops stationed there and is allowed to approach them. He then passes out of view of the camera, and what happens is unclear.

The second man turns away from the barrier and begins walking away quickly from the barrier while being followed by an Israeli armored vehicle. He starts waving at the vehicle once he notices it following him but suddenly falls and crumples over, apparently shot.

The video cuts to a close-up of an Israeli military bulldozer coming to pick up two corpses. The bulldozer picks up the bodies, burying them under sand and debris.

Al Jazeera also accused the Israeli soldiers of trying to cover up the "executions."

CNN was able to confirm that the first shot had occurred near Al Rashid Street in central Gaza, using visual evidence, including satellite imagery and videos. They also confirmed that Israeli engineering vehicles had been deployed to that area at the time.

The IDF told CNN that the edited video "represents two different incidents."

"The first incident occurred in the southern part of the corridor. After the suspect did not respond to a warning shot, the (force) fired in his direction, and he was shot and slightly wounded."

The IDF denied that the second shot was the same event, saying that it had occurred in the northern part of the Strip, "Two suspects with bags on their backs observed our forces and approached them in a suspicious manner. After not responding to a warning shot, the forces conducted live fire toward them, as a result of which they were killed. The bodies were moved from the area using the documented tool out of fear of [there] being explosives on the suspects and risk to the forces."

After they were killed, their bodies were buried using a bulldozer due to the fear of hidden explosives.
View Quote

Two unarmed #Palestinian men were shot dead by #Israeli forces in #Gaza at close range; their bodies were later buried by an army bulldozer in sand and trash.

Al Jazeera was able to capture exclusive broadcast footage of the incident. The men waved what looked like white cloth many times to indicate that they were not a threat. They were attempting to take al-Rashid Street, the only accessible road, to get back to their homes in the northern part of the Strip, and were located southwest of Gaza City, close to the Nabulsi Roundabout, according to an Al Jazeera correspondent. They came across the Israeli forces at this point.
View Quote
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Good start.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thread not going like OP thought.
View Quote
And how did I think, according to you, it would go?  Have you ever read anything I've posted about Hamas?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, actions have consequences.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#34]
The reporters should go dig them up and open the backpacks.

Nobody wants to do that do they?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oh well
View Quote

Once again FPNI.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Our military should have bulldozers, seems like a effective addition
View Quote
It was done in Iraq. Buried trenched Iraqis alive.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Sounds to me like a very safe way to deal with the situation.   2 men with backpacks, not responding to warnings,  shoot and scoop.   No handling of the body's, no EOD teams needed.   I wouldn't risk searching the body's if I had heavy equipment.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This thread.

Moral authority to conduct and maintain war stems from your willingness to follow agreed upon rules. Do we want the Israelis raping and skull stomping everyone?

Full stop - not a discussion, doing so is a war crime. Rules we, the USA, imposed on other people after kicking their asses in a series of World Wars. And adhering to those sorts of wars allowed us to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan for years and years and years, without our civilian government losing its will to fight.

If true, this is a war crime, and should be investigated as such. And then you move on. And that is war - mistakes happen, bad apples exist, you find them, eject them, and move on.
View Quote

How were they unarmed?  They had backpacks, they refused to stop.  

The moral high ground in war is generally where the losers watch their defeat from.   The winner is the side that gets to attain moral high ground as they are the ones left to write the history books.

There is no justification for losing, none at all.   Especially not the sensitive feelings of outsiders looking in.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Well done.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Ok

Now do the rest.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Don’t care.

I wouldn’t trust a Pali waving a white flag either, especially when he doesn’t respond to warning shots.
View Quote

No kidding.  They have earned their reputation as untrustworthy.  

Palestinians- the Fuck Around & Find Out champions of Earth….
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This thread.

View Quote

Good job disregarding the relevant details about the story.  Takes some serious disconnect to do that!
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#44]
I would have shot them as well, come near me with a bag in a war zone you're going to die.

Who gives a shit how they buried them, they're dead.

All this shit is just trying to make Israel look bad, when in fact it's the other way around. Muslims are the liberals of the middle east.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Maybe I'm an asshole, but the IDF could go in and kill every single person in Palestine, and I wouldn't give a shit.

They gave them fair warning to GTFO, they stay, that's on them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Hamas still exists, the war is not over..I don't care
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#49]
What do warning shots mean? Please proceed?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Don't start no shit, won't be no shit.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top