Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I would use a 6 inch S&W Model 27 in 357 high polish blue with Bomar iron sights.
View Quote
You're aware that it is traditional for the challengee to provide a matched pair of weapons?

The chad move is to select a weapon that most don't know how to use effectively so firearms wouldn't be high on my list.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Davey Crocket at 10,000 paces  
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Actually they did not. Duel pistols HAD to be smoothbore, even in the mid 1800's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was then. They used modern pistols for the time.

We would choose modern pistols for our time.

Actually they did not. Duel pistols HAD to be smoothbore, even in the mid 1800's.

The weapons could be anything that the two parties agreed on. One duel was fought with billiard balls. A fatality resulted. Rifles were sometimes used.

Most dueling pistols were soothe bore. But they did not have to be.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]
.45/70 derringer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The weapons could be anything that the two parties agreed on. One duel was fought with billiard balls. A fatality resulted. Rifles were sometimes used.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was then. They used modern pistols for the time.

We would choose modern pistols for our time.

Anything? Ok, I want to change my answer to:
Lawn Darts!
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You're aware that it is traditional for the challengee to provide a matched pair of weapons?

The chad move is to select a weapon that most don't know how to use effectively so firearms wouldn't be high on my list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would use a 6 inch S&W Model 27 in 357 high polish blue with Bomar iron sights.

Then I pick these.
Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock Fight
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]
In contemporary non-legal dueling circles, fights of honor seem to be resolved using mostly Glocks with switches and "stendos". So I would be inclined to start there. Usually seen with an odd mixed array of different ammo. Not clear what role that plays, but tradition is tradition I suppose.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top