Deej?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:00:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Every fucking argument I am told:

"You don't get it."
"Why can't you understand"
"What is wrong with you?"
"Why can't you just  .."

Fucking tired of hearing it. Never fucking ends.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, if one is autistic then what should you do? Work and make money that will be fought over by relatives you don't really know anything about after you die?

What if you're too autistic to hold down a job?

On a very personal note. I do believe that there are treatments for autism. I can even explain the science behind them. But even talking about said treatments tend to trigger people in GD Bigly.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:01:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"You don't get it."
"Why can't you just  .."

Fucking tired of seeing it. Never fucking ends.
View Quote
'tism or not, their motivations are pretty alien to all of us.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"You don't get it."
"Why can't you just  .."

Fucking tired of seeing it. Never fucking ends.
View Quote

What does autism have to do with any of that? Sounds like standard marriage fare to me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:03:02 AM EDT
[#7]
What the hell does autism have to do with it?

You're post stands on its own. It doesn't need a qualifier.

Dammit, beat by 27 sec.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:03:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"You don't get it."
"Why can't you just  .."

View Quote

I can tell by your response that you dont get it
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:04:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, if one is autistic then what should you do? Work and make money that will be fought over by relatives you don't really know anything about after you die?

What if you're too autistic to hold down a job?

On a very personal note. I do believe that there are treatments for autism. I can even explain the science behind them. But even talking about said treatments tend to trigger people in GD Bigly.
View Quote

Work in IT/InfoSec Audit and Risk Management. Very good at what I do, apparently because I am autistic, or so I have been told.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:04:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Read between the lines.

He's on the spectrum and married a typical.

Sounds like he's not the only one...
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:07:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can tell by your response that you dont get it
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Read between the lines.

He's on the spectrum and married a typical.

Sounds like he's not the only one...
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:10:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Work in IT/InfoSec Audit and Risk Management. Very good at what I do, apparently because I am autistic, or so I have been told.
View Quote

I don't doubt it.

But I've learned the hard way that there is more to life than just earning a paycheck. If you would like to discuss this in some detail I would be happy to talk via IM, tommrow. I'm about to go to sleep.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:11:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you autistic or have you just been told? Because you seem retarded.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:16:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Diagnosis after several tests and exams through a Behavioral therapist that specializes in the test and diagnosis of various nuro-typical and non-typical medical conditions.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:16:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Dude, I'm semi-austitic(my wife worked in the trade) I like getting laid, more than I like being right....within reason. Let it go.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:18:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Not to be rude, but it's pretty much the same non autisticly.  I know that's not a word, it is now.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:19:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Follow up: She gets used to never being right, if you pick the correct battles.

eta: godawful grammar
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:24:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Wait a sec. There are non autistic people here? When did this start?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:26:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:31:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What does autism have to do with any of that? Sounds like standard marriage fare to me.
View Quote
Yeah but with acoustic people, from what I've personally seen, it's ramped up to 11. I'm not going to tell them not to marry, but it is very, very important that they find someone that has dealt with autistic people first hand, and understand what they're getting into. I've seen relationships ruined over it.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:32:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dude, I'm semi-austitic(my wife worked in the trade) I like getting laid, more than I like being right....within reason. Let it go.
View Quote
I did try to let it the fuck go. Complete stupid bullshit, then she comes in the room flicks on the light when I am trying to sleep, yells at me, this after we had both agreed to be done after fighting. Then I am yelled at, told if I love her then fucking act like, it. I ask how she expects me to show her affection immediately after a fight, then she says she doesn't know. So I give her a fucking hug, then she slaps the crap out of me.

Fucking insanity.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:32:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"You don't get it."
"Why can't you just  .."

View Quote

Try this.

Well I would if you knew how enunciate your words.
Because you don't speak correctly
My ears from listening to you
Because i try to help but I don't know what you are saying

Don't let her beat you in your dojo with her word judo

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Try this.

Well I would if you knew how enunciate your words.
Because you don't speak correctly
My ears from listening to you
Because i try to help but I don't know what you are saying

Don't let her beat you in your dojo with her word judo

View Quote
You're going to get him the reverse lifetime special treatment.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:34:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I did try to let it the fuck go. Complete stupid bullshit, then she comes in the room flicks on the light when I am trying to sleep, yells at me, this after we had both agreed to be done after fighting. Then I am yelled at, told if I love her then fucking act like, it. I ask how she expects me to show her affection immediately after a fight, then she says she doesn't know. So I give her a fucking hug, then she slaps the crap out of me.

Fucking insanity.
View Quote

This is why nice guys finish last.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:35:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Arfcom: the A stands for Autistic!  
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:36:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This is why nice guys finish last.
View Quote
According to her I am an asshole.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:39:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why? If she hasn't laid it all out, ask her to. Tell her that you don't understand, but that you love her and want to understand, and if it still doesn't make sense after she tells you what the issue is, then the problem might not be you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:41:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Autism or asparagus syndrome?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:41:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Dealing with women 101.

1. You’re never right even when you are.
2. Everything must be their way.
3. All stars in the sky must align for married women to want sex.

For reference see: “The Princess Bride” practice saying: “AsYou Wish”
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:41:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Next time she comes in the room and flicks the light on. Don't give her the satisfaction of the fight. Your getting nothing from it and shes getting off.

Just wake up in bed, don't fight. Jerk off while shes standing there and go back to bed.

This is a prime example of women saying one thing and doing another. Says some bullshit like oh I just wanna make up honey buns, then slaps you in the fucking face when you hug her.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:43:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Why? If she hasn't laid it all out, ask her to. Tell her that you don't understand, but that you love her and want to understand, and if it still doesn't make sense after she tells you what the issue is, then the problem might not be you.
View Quote
Because I am overly blunt, apparently have a severe resting angry face, don't get why certain things upset people, and should know better about the things I say that hurt her feelings.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:48:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Autism or asparagus syndrome?
View Quote
It is all ASD, back when it was a diagnosis it was considered Aspergers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:53:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Is your name Aiden?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fucking insanity.
View Quote

No, you just married a woman with the emotional management skills of a child.

You now get to be a father/husband to her until she grows up. If at all.

Sorry dude.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:22:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No, you just married a woman with the emotional management skills of a child.

You now get to be a father/husband to her until she grows up. If at all.

Sorry dude.
View Quote
According to her that is me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Did she know you were autistic/asbergers when she married you?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:29:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like it's not marriage as an institution so much as the person you married.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:34:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did she know you were autistic/asbergers when she married you?
View Quote
No. I have had sensory and other issues my entire life. About 8 years ago, after my son was diagnosed with severe ADHD. my now ex-wife (yep, tried it twice) told me I should go through testing. So I did and was also close to off the charts ADHD. About 7 years ago we divorced after 15 years. A year later I met me current wife. She was a para at a junior high and worked with special needs kids. When she met my son she stated he had a lot of signs of autistic children. So my ex and I had him tested through the school system and he came back positive. After a few years  of marriage she had made wife comments about thinking I was on the spectrum too. So finally I said screw it, and got tested to prove her wrong. However that was not the outcome. I got that the day before my 40th bday. Today, a year later, the diagnosis has been a blessing, but also a curse. Therapy has helped me with things I constantly struggled with, but getting the diagnosis made me question a lot of things about myself. Still really coming to terms with it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:35:34 AM EDT
[#40]
My wife has literally told me that she doesn't care about how I think/feel about something.

But I'm the asshole.

I hope it's just the post partum talking but she's said some really hurtful things in the last few months. Counterpoint is that when she's in a good mood she's amazing.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:30:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"You don't get it."
"Why can't you just  .."

View Quote

I'm not autistic & I heard that shit all the time too. Bitch is now my ex-wife. Neither of us ever re-married either.

Good luck to you, sir.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:31:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF is wrong with you??????  
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Because I am overly blunt, apparently have a severe resting angry face, don't get why certain things upset people, and should know better about the things I say that hurt her feelings.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel like I’m looking in a mirror.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#44]
You know both Elon and Zuck have been married
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
If my wife stormed in the room, turned the lights on, continued the argument then slapped me, she'd find out what it really means to have someone be an asshole. Holy shit dude.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#46]
The number of very highly successful individuals who if tested, would fall solidly into ASD categories would astound you. I know quite a few surgeons who would be there. I almost certainly would as well. That doesn’t mean a person can’t be superb at what they do. More often it’s just quirky mannerisms and poor social skills.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#47]
You don't have to be married to experience that torment.

I have a sister who if she wants to be mad at you, she will find something you said and stew on it, then tell you days later how she was thinking what you said and it made her angry.    

I've tried to reason with her and tell her it's in her head, but that just makes her angrier.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#48]
It's not my problem that you can't hear my inner dialogue as I arrive at the correct conclusion to a problem at hand which everyone fairly is observing at the same time.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
No. I have had sensory and other issues my entire life. About 8 years ago, after my son was diagnosed with severe ADHD. my now ex-wife (yep, tried it twice) told me I should go through testing. So I did and was also close to off the charts ADHD. About 7 years ago we divorced after 15 years. A year later I met me current wife. She was a para at a junior high and worked with special needs kids. When she met my son she stated he had a lot of signs of autistic children. So my ex and I had him tested through the school system and he came back positive. After a few years  of marriage she had made wife comments about thinking I was on the spectrum too. So finally I said screw it, and got tested to prove her wrong. However that was not the outcome. I got that the day before my 40th bday. Today, a year later, the diagnosis has been a blessing, but also a curse. Therapy has helped me with things I constantly struggled with, but getting the diagnosis made me question a lot of things about myself. Still really coming to terms with it.
View Quote

Look at it from her perspective.

Imagine how frustrating it is to have a stepchild who is diagnosed autistic and then find out your husband is too?  She seems like a pretty good chick just by not bailing out of that situation.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#50]
I have AuDHD(autism with adhd).  I'm hell on my wife, she's a better person than I could ever be.  Now we're starting to see symptoms in my daughter.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top