Maybe but no longer king of page 2
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]
They are in my house.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In before the Cola Warrior ghey Geissele fanboys....

Oh, wait.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In before the Cola Warrior ghey Geissele fanboys....

Oh, wait.
View Quote

Thats hot  
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Larue's are $125 at the moment
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
In before Meticulously Built Trolling trigger price war.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In before Meticulously Built Trolling trigger price war.
View Quote

Too late, see sale post.

MBT sale $125

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm happy with all my Geissele triggers and see no reason to stop buying them... Besides, I'll spend a few extra bucks to support a company that has class
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I love mt Geissele SD's.

If Larue ever does a "flat" MBT I will absolutely try one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Geissele is definitely the most proven quality trigger on the market.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm happy with all my Geissele triggers and see no reason to stop buying them... Besides, I'll spend a few extra bucks to support a company that has class

I've met Bill Geissele at SHOT, and some of his employees at the Big Three, and can say with confidence that there is not a classier bunch of people in this industry than them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Geissele fan.  I run SSA, SSA-E and a High-Speed/DMR.  All great triggers.

Curious about LT's MBT, but will likely stay with another SSA on an upcoming SBR build...
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Geissele basically created the market, IMHO.  They are still probably king, but they aren't the only ones playing in the market, which is good for everybody.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like my Larue MBT over the Geisselle SSA-E. I think the second stage is not so great on the SSA-E. Everyone will probably beat me up over this but, I think the second stage on the SSA-E is a little creepy. It won't break when I want it to and it messes me up. I'm using it on a MK12 type rifle with a 2.5-10 NF that is really accurate and I think it would be more consistent with a different trigger.   I'm going to buy the Geissle Hi-Speed DMR soon to see if I like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I like my Larue MBT over the Geisselle SSA-E. I think the second stage is not so great on the SSA-E. Everyone will probably beat me up over this but, I think the second stage on the SSA-E is a little creepy. It won't break when I want it to and it messes me up. I'm using it on a MK12 type rifle with a 2.5-10 NF that is really accurate and I think it would be more consistent with a different trigger.   I'm going to buy the Geissle Hi-Speed DMR soon to see if I like it.

No experience on the SSA-E, but I've shot an SSA and a KAC 2 stage a lot. Based on my experience, the SSA does not have a zero creep break like the KAC, but the creep is consistent and predictable and it is very good on a red dot carbine. I'm sure this is what Geissele means by a "carrot" like break. The 4.5# SSA also feels much lighter than the 4.5# KAC.

Other than that, I've used an SD-E for only a few shots and my impression was that it was incredibly light, I accidentally bumpfired it. I put one in a 1-6 gun and we'll see how it works out once I get the hang of it.  I also look forward to trying out the LaRue trigger.

Quoted:

ALG QMS is very good and around $44

It is exceptionally good for the price, when I tried it I thought it was a more expensive trigger.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen.  X1000
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You do that sunshine.  They know I'm right.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are lots of toy triggers on the market that would be fine in range use guns.  Geissele makes the only quality, severe use triggers on the market.  Decide what your rifle is for and spend your money accordingly.  

I'll let KAC and LMT know
You do that sunshine.  They know I'm right.  
He'll be here all night folks.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Beats me, you'd have to see sales numbers to tell.

I've contributed quite a bit towards Bill Geissele's success.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I generally only buy stuff from

Noveski

Magpul

Geissele

ALG

BCM

AERO

Why? because I know that what I buy is generally high quality, and if it isn't they will make it right. I'll buy other stuff but if I'm going to spend 200$ on a trigger it better be good. Many other quality companies are out there, but I can't try everything new under the sun.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Just bought an SD-3G AND an MBT. I look forward to both.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Geissele is still the King !!!
Competition is good for everyone.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are lots of toy triggers on the market that would be fine in range use guns.  Geissele makes the only quality, severe use triggers on the market.  Decide what your rifle is for and spend your money accordingly.  

I had planned on putting a geissele in an SR15 that I bought a little over a year ago, but was happy enough with the KAC trigger that I just left it in.  I would say the SSA feels a tiny bit better than the KAC, but not enough to change it out.  I do plan on obtaining an SSA-E and trying that out.  I've been putting it off because I'm afraid that I will like it too much and have to go ahead and change out the KAC as well.

Advancement is a good thing but it kills my bank account.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#23]
G-Man is king... just not the D-Bag of the drop in trigger / free float rail indistry
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Geissele is just a stand up company. It helps that they make awesome products and are backed by great customer service. Ill be trying Larues Trigger when I get it, I will probably like it, I wont unlike my Geissele.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Larue's are $125 at the moment
View Quote
I really dislike ARFCOM sometimes, keeps me poor.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just food for thought.  Last year if someone asked what trigger to use, it was almost always Geissele/ALG.  Not so much anymore.
View Quote

Your own thread begs to differ.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#28]
LaRue adding to the offerings kinda threw that area for a loop. Especially with them consistently seeing sale prices that make it hard to pass up with a quality that we assume is as good as everything else he makes.

Some people like less choices too. Which one do I really want? That's why I bought an Aimpoint over an EOTech. Big one or small one? Lmao
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Just ordered an MBT and only did that because of the sale they're running at the moment. Only aftermarket trigger i have is a RRA 2 stage. I just can't justify spending the kind of money that premium triggers cost right now. I'm feeling confident that SSA's and other premium trigger groups will come down in price significantly in the near future. IMO they should not cost what they do but as long as people continue to pay full price they will stay where they are.

When free market kicks in full throttle they will come down to a reasonable price and that's when I'll buy a Geisselle. As another poster said, it's hard for someone on a budget to justify spening 200-plus on a trigger when you can build a rifle for 400.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I fricking love the Geissele SSA in my AR.

YMMV.
View Quote

I think mine is an SSA-E, but yes. Love it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#31]
They're all I run.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong.

No kidding.

KAC comes to mind immediately.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What you are seeing is the free market at work.
View Quote

This, still the best, just more options to compete with at least on some level.

For those who know, price is irrelevant.

Which leaves a lot of people who purchase for other reasons.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell us about your testing protocols for the extensive tests you've conducted of all these offering from other makers, and I'd love to hear about the severe-use environments you take your guns to.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just food for thought.  Last year if someone asked what trigger to use, it was almost always Geissele/ALG.  Not so much anymore.

Which thread is that?  I don't recall ever asking which trigger I should use.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I had (and sold, and miss) the SSA-E I had in one of my ARs from when there weren't so many options in the "great trigger" market. I loved it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I've met Bill Geissele at SHOT, and some of his employees at the Big Three, and can say with confidence that there is not a classier bunch of people in this industry than them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear that Geissele sponsors Cola Warrior, and has even sent people to compete. Trust me, that may be awesome, but it sure as hell is not classy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a LMT two stage I just replaced with a Geissle, I'll gladly trade it to you for any Geissele or ALG trigger.  Just pm me your address and it will be on the way.  Hell I'll even trade that pos for a RRA 2 stage.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#40]
I have an ACT, a G2S, a Ruger 452, an SSA-E, and an MBT on the way.

Of the ones I currently have, they're all good triggers, even the Ruger.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol I read this and thought this must be a Californian pissed at LR. GD delivers!
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't see them going anywhere. Not only do they make the best availible,  they're also quick to adapt to the market,  look at how ALG filed the bottom of the trigger market very well.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Idk only had mil spec and GD convinced me I had to up the moo-lah for the Geisselle.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Idk only had mil spec and GD convinced me I had to up the moo-lah for the Geisselle.
View Quote

The funny thing is, the average mil spec AR triggers I've tried aren't **that** bad out of the box. It's just that these upgrades take a meh-to-alright trigger and make it pretty spectacular.

I'd love to try one of LaRue's offerings one day too. I can say from experience that the Geissele and McCormick triggers I've tried are pretty doggone nice for bench work. Wouldn't mind comparing if I see someone at the range with one and they let me try it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I forgot about the Ruger, haven't seen one though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an ACT, a G2S, a Ruger 452, an SSA-E, and an MBT on the way.

Of the ones I currently have, they're all good triggers, even the Ruger.

I forgot about the Ruger, haven't seen one though

CDNN had them for $79. One for the bro-in-law for Christmas and one for me. At that price it was a great deal.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
IBML
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Geissele is still the thing everyone is measured against.

But yes, other good triggers are coming out. But that's a good thing for everyone. Cheaper triggers and more variety.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Page 3 king just bought an MBT.

Damn.  Bad gamble

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 16
Top Top