Quoted:

Should be all healed up by East
View Quote
or archery season
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd love a cat-15 after watching Stoner demonstrate how to use the full power ir illuminator with the low power laser
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like a couple full power cat toys and upgraded nods and optics, but would prefer to put that $$$$$ towards preps

FP cat toys are pretty great. My cat loves the cat-15 I just scooped.

I'd love a cat-15 after watching Stoner demonstrate how to use the full power ir illuminator with the low power laser

Is that a setting? I thought it was either low low, high high, or stand alone.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Having a wife who makes good money (as a nurse) and living well within your means helps.
Took a year of part time and two years of full time school at a community college, during which I mostly worked a day or two a week except during breaks.
After I graduated and passed the NCLEX I kept working HVAC until my kid was born (about two months after graduation), took six weeks off and then started in the ER.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True from both sides though.
It's sad how large a percentage of people at this beach are fat.
Like if they're over 20, there's a 90% chance they're overweight.

It's always weird to me to realize that I'm the only non-corpulent person in the area. I don't and never have considered myself a bastion of fitness, but the standard now seems to be "if you don't waddle when you walk"

As many unhealthy habits that I have, I'm still in better shape than the majority of other people I know that are my age (and many that are younger).

Round is a shape

I went through some shit and ballooned up, unfortunately. But I realize it, and am working to get in better shape now since the beatus runs in the family. I weigh a lot more now that I should. Down 15ish so far with another 60ish to go.

I guess I've been fortunate that I've never been too round. Closest I ever got to 200 was 195 in college. That was my baseball bod. 195, body fat <10%.
I wish I had that body again. I could really use it for evil knowing what I know now.

Youth is truly wasted on the young.

Throughout highschool and college I was never too fat, but working a desk job ruined that. I'll get back down there one day hopefully.

Maybe that's my secret.
I've always held jobs that required a fair amount of physical exertion coupled with massive amounts of mental and emotional stress.

I've been in desk jobs out of college. They pay well but I get frustrated sitting at a desk all the time. I just get the high mental and emotional stress

I wanted to avoid a desk job out of college, so I became a machinist (5yrs), then did commercial HVAC (4yrs), and now I'm a nurse

Did pretty well weight wise as a machinist (215-195lbs), not so much since then (up to 245 at one point, down to 235 right now).

How does one go from machinist to nurse? Changing career fields scares me.

Having a wife who makes good money (as a nurse) and living well within your means helps.
Took a year of part time and two years of full time school at a community college, during which I mostly worked a day or two a week except during breaks.
After I graduated and passed the NCLEX I kept working HVAC until my kid was born (about two months after graduation), took six weeks off and then started in the ER.

What made you switch industries?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Buddy of mine bought a pre-89 ban IMI Galil ARM recently.
$3200

It's sweet, but damn.
View Quote

Wanted a Galil real bad as a yoot. Never got one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think that’s the 9007 model I have heard about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like a couple full power cat toys and upgraded nods and optics, but would prefer to put that $$$$$ towards preps

I’d love a cat-15 after watching Stoner demonstrate how to use the full power ir illuminator with the low power laser

I'm honestly not sure I wouldn't rather have a D2, but the 15 is significantly lighter.

What is the difference besides the weight?

D2 is available retail, low power laser and LED illuminator, but the illumination is about the best a civ can buy direct without doing a Kiji or MAWL

Nope.

D2

PEQ15
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Same, but I bought it anyway
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

High quality, reliable rifles, with forged bolts, CHF barrels, nice triggers, and everything already tuned up to work together, for about $1500.

The way things are going, I'm leaning towards buying while they're available.
I've already got three ARs built up the way I want, but having a couple G rifles with decent optics/lights/IR lasers set up sounds comforting.
We'll see.

I've got 5 lowers just sitting around I need to do something with. 4 completely built with optics and everything else. I should get more IR stuff though, for reasons.

All the IR and passive stuff!!!!!

I've got a decent amount of NV gear.

I can neither afford nor justify NV gear.  

This is the way
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nope.

D2

PEQ15
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm honestly not sure I wouldn't rather have a D2, but the 15 is significantly lighter.

D2 is available retail, low power laser and LED illuminator, but the illumination is about the best a civ can buy direct without doing a Kiji or MAWL

I think that's the 9007 model I have heard about?

Nope.

D2

PEQ15

D2 > 9007. I have a 9007, the illuminator makes me sad.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure which device he used, but he showed low/low then high/high, then high illum/low laser. You could see all the way down to the 400+ targets, but the laser was still nice and tight.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nope.

D2

PEQ15
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d love a cat-15 after watching Stoner demonstrate how to use the full power ir illuminator with the low power laser

Nope.

D2

PEQ15

Will check those out when I get home and/or have more time at work
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is the way
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

High quality, reliable rifles, with forged bolts, CHF barrels, nice triggers, and everything already tuned up to work together, for about $1500.

The way things are going, I'm leaning towards buying while they're available.
I've already got three ARs built up the way I want, but having a couple G rifles with decent optics/lights/IR lasers set up sounds comforting.
We'll see.

I've got 5 lowers just sitting around I need to do something with. 4 completely built with optics and everything else. I should get more IR stuff though, for reasons.

All the IR and passive stuff!!!!!

I've got a decent amount of NV gear.

I can neither afford nor justify NV gear.  

This is the way

Once you get one, you need two.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Apparently,  the universe feels my current stress load is a bit light (it's not).
D1 has fever and is getting a Covid test. If positive,  we have to arrange and pay (again) to get her home.

She's in Rio, Brazil.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not sure which device he used, but he showed low/low then high/high, then high illum/low laser. You could see all the way down to the 400+ targets, but the laser was still nice and tight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FP laser is a bit spicy. The bloom is nice, but focusable illuminator is the best.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fax me a reminder to text you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Text me a reminder

Fax me a reminder to text you

Send a carrier pigeon so I'll fax you so you'll text me a reminder.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I quoted the wrong post, was supposed to be the one about you having 2 ARs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's always weird to me to realize that I'm the only non-corpulent person in the area. I don't and never have considered myself a bastion of fitness, but the standard now seems to be "if you don't waddle when you walk"

As many unhealthy habits that I have, I'm still in better shape than the majority of other people I know that are my age (and many that are younger).

Round is a shape

I went through some shit and ballooned up, unfortunately. But I realize it, and am working to get in better shape now since the beatus runs in the family. I weigh a lot more now that I should. Down 15ish so far with another 60ish to go.

I guess I've been fortunate that I've never been too round. Closest I ever got to 200 was 195 in college. That was my baseball bod. 195, body fat <10%.
I wish I had that body again. I could really use it for evil knowing what I know now.

I've crossed that number since hitting the gym harder

I had a bunch at one point, sold/traded off most of them over the last few years to upgrade optics/get NV or in one case to get my flintlock musket

I was talking about weight

I quoted the wrong post, was supposed to be the one about you having 2 ARs

I kind figured
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Apparently,  the universe feels my current stress load is a bit light (it's not).
D1 has fever and is getting a Covid test. If positive,  we have to arrange and pay (again) to get her home.

She's in Rio, Brazil.

View Quote

That's not ideal
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

She's in Rio, Brazil.

View Quote
Can you get me some of that Brazilian beef too?

J/K, That sucks
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Send a carrier pigeon so I'll fax you so you'll text me a reminder.
View Quote
Will do as soon as I see your smoke signals
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Round is a shape

Throughout highschool and college I was never too fat, but working a desk job ruined that. I'll get back down there one day hopefully.

Maybe that's my secret.
I've always held jobs that required a fair amount of physical exertion coupled with massive amounts of mental and emotional stress.

I've been in desk jobs out of college. They pay well but I get frustrated sitting at a desk all the time. I just get the high mental and emotional stress

I wanted to avoid a desk job out of college, so I became a machinist (5yrs), then did commercial HVAC (4yrs), and now I'm a nurse

Did pretty well weight wise as a machinist (215-195lbs), not so much since then (up to 245 at one point, down to 235 right now).

How does one go from machinist to nurse? Changing career fields scares me.

Machining I enjoyed the work (prototyping/setups/first cuts at small shops), but the pay kinda sucked and the benefits were almost non-existent.
Or I hated the work for mediocre pay and decent benefits (factory production).

HVAC I got in kinda weird and so was stuck in a kinda shitty niche; paid well enough ($50-55k/yr) and had nice benies, but two weeks unpaid vaca/yr (that I couldn't take together), and nothing remotely like any kind of regularity; I might work 6 days, 72hrs one week and 3 days, 12hrs the next, paid by the hour, and no idea which way a week would look until I was in that week's project(s). And I got tired of doing sketchy (unsafe) shit to get things done, or having to make a huge stink and piss off everyone else on the job site/set the job back by days in order to get it done the right way.

Nursing is interesting, pays decent, has okayish benefits (though they get worse and cost more every year), and I actually get to help people sometimes.
It's also climate controlled, doesn't involve ladders, I've yet to bleed on the job, and I know my schedule at least six weeks out.
It can still be super stressful, and management is the same everywhere, have to get more done with less staff/resources because we need to increase our profit margin. So "be creative" in how you're getting things done.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

She's in Rio, Brazil.

View Quote

C'mon man!

Sub optimal.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably a FP PEQ.
They're definitely better performance than the other options, but you can't buy them from a retailer or send them in for warranty work.
The D2 has slaved IR/vis green lasers and an aimable LED illuminator.
The 9007 has an IR laser and an aimable LED illuminator.
The PEQ has slaved IR/vis lasers and an aimable/focusable laser illuminator (I believe).

By mixing laser/illuminator power settings on the PEQ you can get it so you have a usable laser and illumination at any useful range, but can up the laser/illum to burn through photonic barriers if they present themselves.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

She's in Rio, Brazil.

View Quote

Shit, Moe.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

J/K, That sucks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's in Rio, Brazil.

J/K, That sucks

I’ll give you a Brazilian wax
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#25]

You couldn't buy a cannon, Jack.

And we had reasonable restrictions, like if you were black.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm pissed enough at work that I'm actually looking at job postings.

I can't get qualified to interview for a job that I've been learning how to do for the last 3 years.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I can't get qualified to interview for a job that I've been learning how to do for the last 3 years.
View Quote

I look at job postings even when I'm not pissed
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never do because we're not paid at much as most surrounding areas but I liked it here and try to keep a good attitude.

My job thing won't be final one way or another probably until the end of the week but it's an uphill fight.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#34]
@ Ricky,CB,sab, and whoever else I don't play with I promise to have a series S or new PC by October.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@ Ricky,CB,sab, and whoever else I don't play with I promise to have a series S or new PC by October.
View Quote

I think I literally only ever got one win.
That was with kaik and lube.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm in for mw2 is what I'm saying
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Gay people are kinda gay.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Coming to you live from some Discount Tire somewhere in El Paso...
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#39]
This has really been a horrible trip.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Prayers appreciated
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Gay people are kinda gay.
View Quote

They suck
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Prayers appreciated
View Quote

Gotchu Fam.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

She's in Rio, Brazil.

View Quote

Hopefully it’s not Covid
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Probably a FP PEQ.
They're definitely better performance than the other options, but you can't buy them from a retailer or send them in for warranty work.
The PEQ has slaved IR/vis lasers and an aimable/focusable laser illuminator (I believe).

By mixing laser/illuminator power settings on the PEQ you can get it so you have a usable laser and illumination at any useful range, but can up the laser/illum to burn through photonic barriers if they present themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably a FP PEQ.

TY
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I never do because we're not paid at much as most surrounding areas but I liked it here and try to keep a good attitude.

My job thing won't be final one way or another probably until the end of the week but it's an uphill fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hoping they pull their heads out of their collective asses for you
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Prayers appreciated
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@ Ricky
View Quote

Looks like a bankruptcy blowout acquisition.
Page / 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top