Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@SnowboundinNH

I kind of agree. But San Antonio, has the California-type Mexican food, that I grew up on in California & my MIL & wife make.

Further north Texas.... bleh...
View Quote

That style of food started to make the local dining establishments right after Y2K.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

@Palm

I haven't heard "beaner" her (yes a ton in Cali), but they usually just call all Hispanics "Mexicans". At least rural.

My wife just says "gringo/gringa", "negritos"- for ANY dark skin, & "chinitos"- for ANY Asians.
View Quote

I think beaner died out in white people usage years ago, but I hear young Hispanics calling each other beaner fairly often.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That is because Cubans are Spaniards!  If you don’t believe me, then ask one. They will set you straight.
View Quote

You never ask a man if he is Cuban.

If he is, he will let you know within minutes of meeting you.

If he is not, and you ask him, you will only fill him with shame.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#5]
"take time to understand the complexities of our community"  Or just say DONT CALL ME A FUCKING TACO WHITE BITCH!
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think beaner died out in white people usage years ago, but I hear young Hispanics calling each other beaner fairly often.
View Quote

Thank you Cheech & Chong
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Hunter is right in one respect,  his step mom is a moron and a c$$t.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

UCSB is actually in Isla Vista
Roy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@SnowboundinNH

LA Puente, yikes. Rancho was were the company I worked for headquarters was. I know a bunch has changed.

I grew up in Goleta. Where UCSB is.

UCSB is actually in Isla Vista
Roy

@rdsr

Yeah whatever. They are Goleta (which actually sucks & Goleta is suing UCSB do housing issues) I don't think Isla Vista has even been incorporated yet. I'll have to ask my parents.

Damn college students.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That style of food started to make the local dining establishments right after Y2K.
View Quote

I’m still trying to lose the 20 lbs I put on during my stint in San Antonio. I started on Blanco Road and 410 and headed south hitting every taqueria along the way; the further south you get, the better they are.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I love the Mexican food out here in El Paso!

Texmex is no bueno
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here in Texas they are. That’s about it. Everywhere else you get breakfast burritos.

And by the way, Mexican food isn’t supposed to be covered in Velveeta cheese and Fritos corn chips. Tex-Mex is an abomination.

Sorry, I love just about everything about Texas except Tex-Mex. As much as it pains me to say anything positive about California, that’s where you go to get real Mexican food outside of Mexico.

Actual Mexican food fucking sucks. Tex-Mex is where the flavor is. Sorry you feel this way. Leave if you want

@Gator96

TexMex suuuckks bro! Sorry, there isn't ANY flavor in it.

I wonder if you have ever had real Mexican food?

I love the Mexican food out here in El Paso!

Texmex is no bueno

That's because we do Sonoran and also have a big NewMex influence.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure there may be more taco joints in the US than in Mexico at this point.

She looks ragged out. How many times has she asked a Secret Service agent to service her?
View Quote

And now you know the secret. The secret service isn't secret. It's the services and servicing that's the secret.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fish, pork, chicken, or beef?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All I'm going to say is that street tacos are amazing.

Fish, pork, chicken, or beef?

Breakfast tacos: ham, bacon, or sausage

We did Flamingo Burritos on a camping trip in ... well Flamingo ... Large pancakes folded with scrambled eggs sauteed onions peppers and mushrooms and blackened redfish. So not a taco but delicious.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@Palm

I haven't heard "beaner" her (yes a ton in Cali), but they usually just call all Hispanics "Mexicans". At least rural.

My wife just says "gringo/gringa", "negritos"- for ANY dark skin, & "chinitos"- for ANY Asians.
View Quote

I grew up in Michigan, not knowing that "beaner" was an ethnic specific slang for person.
Then a Starbucks like chain started up there, called Beaner's, which was an obvious reference to coffee beans.
When the chain started expanding, a marketing genius said they had to change the name if they opened any stores in Illinois.
I always believed that no Mexican would care if somebody appropriated the name beaner and put it on a storefront.  If I were Mexican, I'd rather have you call a store that instead of calling me that.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top