Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, just so they dont go all Event Horizon on us....................We have Democrats, so we dont need a portal to Hell opened so their friends can come pouring out
View Quote

This made me literally lol
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

More than 1 science.

Fuck I dunno, I am just hoping for fireworks, interdeminsional demons, or SOMETHING to break up the day to day bullshit.

View Quote

Call me when it starts raining pancakes so I can help my daughter with her math homework ;)
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sounds like "the end of the standard model".  Just ruling out ideas?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the new one they are planning will be 100 TeV.

What kind of science will that enable over the 15 TeV of the LHC?
They'll be able to rule out more SUSY models for the next 100 years.

Sounds like "the end of the standard model".  Just ruling out ideas?
Basically more of the same of what they're doing now. There is the hope that if supersymmetry exists we can find it at that energy scale. It will be several decades before that type of machine comes online so it would likely be out of my career span anyways. If we would have had a 100 TeV machine coming online within my career timeline I might have stayed in HEP. HEP also has the issue that the US essentially outsourced to CERN and divested from the energy frontier in favor of neutrino physics which is cool but slower and decidedly less sexy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Turn it up to eleven.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Turn it up to eleven.
View Quote

Well, they cranked it on yesterday, and same night (or early the next day) the Georgia guide stones were destroyed.

Things that make you go hummmm.

Fitting with all the crazy bullshit they did at the opening ceremony  when they first turned it on.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Did they suck earth into a black hole yet
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top