View Quote

I think she said Kevin Hern
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has any politician lost 8 straight times for Soth
View Quote
100 years ago it was 9 times. The record though is 133 goes at it back in the 1840s.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]
McCarthy loses 8th vote...
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Boebert was on Bongino a few minutes ago. She states:

• KM is only talking to them through intermediaries.
• All the concessions are mostly 'trust me' promises. In other words, they are turning the media against the conservatives. (Not hard).
• No deal on the horizon. In fact, she hasn't seen anything concrete.
• KM already trying to weasel around the CFG deal last night by using other PACs to diddle in Republican primaries.
• A chunk of the 20 don't care about concessions anymore - KM is a deal killer regardless of what he offers.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haha.. I love seeing a revolution in real time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]

The democrat of 2004 is somehow more conservative than the establishment "republican" of today.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

KM is only talking to them through intermediaries.
 All the concessions are mostly 'trust me' promises. In other words, they are turning the media against the conservatives. (Not hard).
 No deal on the horizon. In fact, she hasn't seen anything concrete.
 KM already trying to weasel around the CFG deal last night by using other PACs to diddle in Republican primaries.
 A chunk of the 20 don't care about concessions anymore - KM is a deal killer regardless of what he offers.
View Quote
I'd be happy seeing this happen until the end of session.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Haha.. I love seeing a revolution in real time.
View Quote

So you're saying it's  "Treasonous Insurrection" ... if only they could convene a committee to investigate.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Brian Mast is all in favor of banning AR-15s.
View Quote

Is Turbate his nickname?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The democrat of 2004 is somehow more conservative than the establishment "republican" of today.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you think Donald Trump has any cogent guiding political principles, you've lost touch with reality. And I say that as someone who liked and appreciates what he did. But, he did it all ad hoc, there's no core principles there, at all.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#13]
It is like watching a train wreck at this point.
You just cant look away from the carnage.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#14]
He really needs to get the fuck out the Speaker's Office.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#15]
My fear in all this mess is the Democrats. They see the divide and disarray within the Republican party and may pounce to take advantage of it.

It would not be beyond the Dems to make a side deal with McCarthy and provide him enough votes to put him over the top.

Given how desperate he is to get it, he could easily give in and give the Dems assurances on such things as debt limit increases, immigration consessions and a host of other thing in order to get the needed Dem votes. . There's the added benefit of McCarthy 'sticking it' to his party by not supporting him. He's a slimy shitbag and I can see him doing this.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So you're saying it's  "Treasonous Insurrection" ... if only they could convene a committee to investigate.
View Quote

But it is in a cage match format
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

KM already trying to weasel around the CFG deal last night by using other PACs to diddle in Republican primaries.
View Quote
Can you explain this one in more detail?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

• KM is only talking to them through intermediaries.
• All the concessions are mostly 'trust me' promises. In other words, they are turning the media against the conservatives. (Not hard).
• No deal on the horizon. In fact, she hasn't seen anything concrete.
• KM already trying to weasel around the CFG deal last night by using other PACs to diddle in Republican primaries.
• A chunk of the 20 don't care about concessions anymore - KM is a deal killer regardless of what he offers.
View Quote

I believe it.  You can see, by the votes being cast, that the "behind-the-scenes" show has completely crashed and burned.  They just don't care anymore, it is now 100% never Kev...
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It is like watching a train wreck at this point.
You just cant look away from the carnage.
View Quote

Why would we want to?  

Neither the Dems nor the RINOs are getting what they want. This isn't cause for embarrassment, it's something to be glad about.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. That was hillary level arrogance
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CFG= club for growth

https://nypost.com/2023/01/05/congressional-leadership-fund-club-for-growth-to-support-mccarthys-bid/
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3799420-mccarthy-backed-pac-agrees-to-less-spending-open-rules-in-exchange-for-speakership-backing/
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My fear in all this mess is the Democrats. They see the divide and disarray within the Republican party and may pounce to take advantage of it.

It would not be beyond the Dems to make a side deal with McCarthy and provide him enough votes to put him over the top.

Given how desperate he is to get it, he could easily give in and give the Dems assurances on such things as debt limit increases, immigration consessions and a host of other thing in order to get the needed Dem votes. . There's the added benefit of McCarthy 'sticking it' to his party by not supporting him. He's a slimy shitbag and I can see him doing this.
View Quote
Let thr Party die like the Whigs then.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#24]
This is awesome. Seriously.

Who are the three others at this point? (Who placed the vote and for whom?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

He should be arrested for trespass, just like the January 6th people were.

And the conservatives should have their staffs clear the room & throw his shit in the dumpster.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is gonna stick in his craw lol
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CFG= club for growth

https://nypost.com/2023/01/05/congressional-leadership-fund-club-for-growth-to-support-mccarthys-bid/
Thank you
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

If that came to pass, you make the perfect argument for the end of KM and the GOP
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I feel like we need a betting pool of some kind.  Maybe a poll.

Number of votes until a speaker is chosen
Number of days until a speaker is chosen
Who wins the Speaker position

If we did days or votes until it is resolved, I could maybe toss in a pmag or two for the winner(s).  Maybe I'll just add a poll for now.

View Quote

87 Attempts
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

They want him to stop using this fund to block conservatives in the primary & the general.
He agreed, now he already has a workaround.
He's a shitbag, they need to hold out until he steps aside.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He should be arrested for trespass, just like the January 6th people were.

And the conservatives should have their staffs clear the room & throw his shit in the dumpster.
View Quote

We can be friends
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is awesome. Seriously.

Who are the three others at this point? (Who placed the vote and for whom?
View Quote

boebert voted for kevin hern, gaetz voted for donald john trump, missed the third
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

IF KM did that then he's a dead man walking. Everyone will turn on him and his best bet would be to just turn Democrat and that might save his political career.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I feel like we need a betting pool of some kind.  Maybe a poll.

Number of votes until a speaker is chosen
Number of days until a speaker is chosen
Who wins the Speaker position

If we did days or votes until it is resolved, I could maybe toss in a pmag or two for the winner(s).  Maybe I'll just add a poll for now.

View Quote
Nah, this needs to be a drinking game.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't think there are enough congress critters who are arfcom members to try and make that happen.
View Quote

Only takes 5, 86 times to get to attempt 87
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If that came to pass, you make the perfect argument for the end of KM and the GOP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. But the damage done would be incalculable if he makes a deal with the Devil. And I can see him doing exactly that as someone like him will do anything to attain more power
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I believe it.  You can see, by the votes being cast, that the "behind-the-scenes" show has completely crashed and burned.  They just don't care anymore, it is now 100% never Kev...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

KM is only talking to them through intermediaries.
 All the concessions are mostly 'trust me' promises. In other words, they are turning the media against the conservatives. (Not hard).
 No deal on the horizon. In fact, she hasn't seen anything concrete.
 A chunk of the 20 don't care about concessions anymore - KM is a deal killer regardless of what he offers.

That would be enough for me to NEVER vote for him, if he can't even have the courtesy to face them.  FKM
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I don't think there are enough congress critters who are arfcom members to try and make that happen.
View Quote
You only need five. Also, you just confirmed that at least one member of Congress is an Arfcommer.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

The notion that it's better to compromise with the left than to negotiate with the few sane members of your own party (freedom caucus) speaks volumes about the importance of what they're doing.

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

IF KM did that then he's a dead man walking. Everyone will turn on him and his best bet would be to just turn Democrat and that might save his political career.
View Quote

But he still wouldn't have the votes...
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Political suicide. And, he'd take the GOP as a whole down with him.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#45]
"We aren't gaining any momentum with Donalds," Colorado Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert told The Washington Post of her switch to vote for Kevin Hern (Okla.) instead of Byron Donalds (Fla.). "We need a true consensus candidate that can unite the Republican Party. I believe that Kevin Hern is that man to do it. He's the chairman of the largest caucus in our Republican conference and he was unanimously elected. He's a businessman and a leader, a principled man. And that's important."

Republicans Lauren Boebert (Colo.) and Josh Brecheen (Okla.) cast ballots for Oklahoma Republican Kevin Hern, chairman of the Republican Study Committee. Hern   who was not nominated for the speaker job   appeared surprised by their votes and laughed along with others. He has supported caucus leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) in the voting.

Republicans Michael Cloud (Tex.), Andrew S. Clyde (Ga.), Eli Crane (Ariz.), Bob Good (Va.) and Paul A. Gosar (Ariz.) voted for Florida Republican Byron Donalds on the eighth ballot. Donalds himself did not cast a vote when his name was called during the roll.
Florida Republican Matt Gaetz voted for former president Donald Trump for a second time.

Republicans Andy Harris (Md.), Anna Paulina Luna (Fla.), Mary E. Miller (Ill.), Ralph Norman (S.C.), Scott Perry (Pa.) and Andy Ogles (Tenn.) voted for Florida Republican Byron Donalds. All are part of the holdout bloc.

In the eighth round of voting, Republicans Matthew M. Rosendale (Mont.), Chip Roy (Tex.) and Keith Self (Tex.) voted for Florida Republican Byron Donalds. Indiana Republican Victoria Spartz voted present   something she's done since the fourth ballot.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Agreed. But the damage done would be incalculable if he makes a deal with the Devil. And I can see him doing exactly that as someone like him will do anything to attain more power
View Quote

He has more to lose than gain doing that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a little bitch.

I hope he tries.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who is this RINO POS?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The notion that it's better to compromise with the left than to negotiate with the few sane members of your own party (freedom caucus) speaks volumes about the importance of what they're doing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should really wake some people the fuck up. Sadly I dont think many everyday people outside of arfcom are actually following whats happening
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And after he does, he'd undoubtedly use his newfound power to retaliate against his detractors.

The more this drags on, the more it becomes clear that he's unfit for the position.
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top