He said it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no way he said that.
He said it.

Yup... a couple times I think.  That might have been one of the "badgering" questions.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a coincidence, even the motherfucking dictionary is against Rittenhouse

We are truly living in the dumbest, most bizarre timeline ever imagined.

But, wholesome:

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And your screenname.  If I shoot a home invader, now I have to worry about the prosecutor bringing up "Sir.  Do you go by the name Giant Pune on arfcom?  And can you please explain to the jury what exactly is a pune?"
View Quote

Four Doors, More Whores.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've tried looking at the video introduced on Monday by the detective (the one that came to light on Friday and submitted for state analysis on Sunday).  I've probably spend a half an hour looking at that video.  On a 2560x1440 monitor.  I cannot see what the detective is alleging.  But, then again, I suck at those "when you see it" threads.
View Quote

What is he alleging?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:20:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was wondering about that, if the jury voted guilty if the judge could go “lol no, dismissed”.
View Quote

Technically, yes.

But unicorn-level unlikely.

More likely would be order of mistrial due to reversible procedural error.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Is this picking up tomorrow or stalled for the holiday?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is not correct. The mistrial would have to come prior to the verdict. That said, the judge could reject the verdict and enter a jnov- judgment notwithstanding the verdict if he believes the law and evidence overcomes the jury finding.  It should be interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Judge can order MISTRIAL after jury returns verdict.

Very likely the judge is waiting to see what the jury does before ruling.

Mistrial based on prosecutor’s grievous constitutional abuse is moot if jury rules NG on all counts.

Moreover, if jury renders NG on some counts, same applies. Jeopardy attached, and NG counts cannot be retried.

Prosecutor knows how well and truly fucked he is. It’s either acquittal on all counts, or prosecutor has to start over on any counts where jury renders guilty verdict.

This is not correct. The mistrial would have to come prior to the verdict. That said, the judge could reject the verdict and enter a jnov- judgment notwithstanding the verdict if he believes the law and evidence overcomes the jury finding.  It should be interesting.

We can disagree about that then.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#8]
A retrial does not benefit the defense.  The state will not make the same mistakes they made in this trial.  The biggest breaks in Kyle's defense will not happen, or will not happen the same way in a new trial.

The state has now seen the defense and there was nothing extraordinary about it, only that the state extraordinarily fucked things up, and for no good reason.

The state has now seen, with crystal clarity, the weaknesses of their own case.  In a new trial, the defense will be seeing something new.  It is going to look like the same thing because of simple human bias, but no, it will be something new.  "We've seen this before."  No, no you haven't.  That's bias.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:22:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't seen any news on the guy that killed that Antifag in Austin that got charged almost a year later.

Another worthy defense to contribute to.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've tried looking at the video introduced on Monday by the detective (the one that came to light on Friday and submitted for state analysis on Sunday).  I've probably spend a half an hour looking at that video.  On a 2560x1440 monitor.  I cannot see what the detective is alleging.  But, then again, I suck at those "when you see it" threads.
View Quote

Yep, and why that kind of crap needs to be objected to. Different video software is going to use different algorithms to interpret the image. You could zoom in with one app and get a different interpolation of the pixels than zooming in with a different app. Zooming in and cropping vs crop and stretch will also give you a different interpolation of pixels.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What is he alleging?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is he alleging?

Rittenhouse chased Rosenbaum

Binger tried this angle on cross multiple times, KR did a good job setting the record straight
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:24:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean where they say he raised his rifle?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

OK...  

#6?  Exactly what did Kyle's mouth get him into?

And #7?  It's kinda hard to say the skateboard was going to kill you from 500yds.

Just sayin'
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My takeaways thus far.

1. The prosecution team member who questioned Rittenhouse is why .gov lawyers are almost universally loathed.

2. Next time, let the town burn. Hand out directions to the mayor, city council, .gov lawyers homes.

3. If you are under the legal age to purchase a firearm, don't tote one into a riot. Don't even go to the riot. Stay at home and watch it on TV.

4. QFT: Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

5. If you witness a crime and report what you saw to the police, never, ever get badgered into amending it.

6. Rittenhouse let his mouth write checks his ass can't pay. Still his emotional outburst shows he is a good young man at heart. I hope he is acquitted on all charges.

7. If you must go to a riot, urban camo, a suppressed AR-15, thermals or NV, and shooting from 500 yards is the best plan.

8. The next Republican President with a SCOTUS nomination had best nominate Judge Schroeder.

OK...  

#6?  Exactly what did Kyle's mouth get him into?

And #7?  It's kinda hard to say the skateboard was going to kill you from 500yds.

Just sayin'
It's kinda hard to tell who shot the skateboarder from 500yds away. He just fell over bleeding. Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Rittenhouse chased Rosenbaum

Binger tried this angle on cross multiple times, KR did a good job setting the record straight
View Quote

Gotcha thanks. Just finished watching all of Kyle's testimony. I think he did well overall.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
BCM is in that neck of the woods
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still think we need to start a pool and buy him a KAC rifle.

@ me, when y'all get something together. I am in. It would be telling of this group if we could get that shooter all the hottest gear to go with it as well.

Yeah, keep us posted but maybe a Knights gun or an LMT.
BCM is in that neck of the woods

I’ll chip for any of them as long as I get credit for the idea
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:26:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What is he alleging?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is he alleging?

That he can see Kyle raising his rifle at Ziminsky, and makes no mention of Ziminsky first pointing his own firearm at Kyle.

The video is 1920x880 in it's original, unzoomed format, ostensibly taken with a wide angle lens, from a hundred yards away, at night, while moving, and with obstructions such as traffic lights and other bystanders in the way.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:26:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I got to get off Twitter but holy shit the memes are so good

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:27:09 AM EDT
[#18]
To Glck1911

The only problem I have with Rittenhouse, is why the hell was he even there?

Because he wasn't a fucking coward like us, law enforcement, city officials, our reps, basically everyone else who should have been stepping up.

This is OUR fault. The fact that shit got so out of hand last year that a kid felt the need to go help is disgusting and reflects poorly on basically everyone but Kyle.

The world would be a better place with more Kyles.

This was the best comment I saw tonight from Glck1911.

The biggest take away I got was what an outstanding kid KR is. He put himself in harms way to help people and put out fires and did that the whole couple days he was there. The media tried to portray him as a psychopath - trump deranged - militia member - domestic terrorist and I have even had a moment when I wondered why in Gods name would that kid go there.

Asserting that KR has no business in the area is the exact neutering of America that we get all the time from the marxists traitors. Men should not act like men because it's not the PR way to think. Kids like KR used to get merit badges and awards. KR, not jaded by life wanted to protect a community.

When there was a threat of Antifa showing up in our town, hundreds and hundred of local citizens showed and were ready to defend. It was beautiful. Antifa never showed, it made national news and I anticipate the show of force kept protesters protesting peacefully and the trash Marxists hell bent on burning and destroying far away from the state.

I'm praying for that young man.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, with Detective Nepotism's magic x-ray vision, aided by pinch-zoom on his iPoo.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Is the court happening tomorrow or they off?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They couldn’t “undo it,” but they could file federal charges if they had a basis to.  

Separate sovereigns doctrine says that prosecutions by a state under state law and by the feds under federal law for the same conduct does not violate double jeopardy because the state crime and the federal crime are not the same “offence.”
View Quote

Copy. Thank you
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That he can see Kyle raising his rifle at Ziminsky, and makes no mention of Ziminsky first pointing his own firearm at Kyle.

The video is 1920x880 in it's original, unzoomed format, ostensibly taken with a wide angle lens, from a hundred yards away, at night, while moving, and with obstructions such as traffic lights and other bystanders in the way.
View Quote

Gotcha. I couldn't see what they claimed at all while watching it during Kyle's testimony.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Maybe the prosecution is going for the "walked free on a technicality" public relations/media spin instead of just acquitted.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:30:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, where the state's magic new witness with magic new evidence suddenly presents a new set of facts not yet presented to the jury or the defense where Kyle instigates this whole thing by leveling his rifle at Ziminsky.

The video that the state didn't start looking at until Sunday, and presented on Monday, with no mention by the defense (that I heard) of when they were first made aware of this.

And presented by a witness who was, by many accounts, sitting in the gallery during the trial, which I'm taking to mean that he wasn't on the witness list ... because I can't imagine he would have been qualified by the judge to sit there as a potential rebuttal witness for all of the testimony.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:30:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Then we know nobody was wearing an IR strobe because everything we know about that night was on camera and there are no strobe light effects on any of the videos
View Quote
His assertion "cameras see them" is false.  Older CCD based capture devices (video and stills) used to. Modern ones mostly don't, and have filters built in to specifically not.

Hold YOUR phone up to YOUR remote and try it and see what happens.

"IR" has lots of frequencies and the glowies would have glow-blinkers that could be very narrow band that avoids the few devices that do "see" IR.

It would be interesting to take a known wideband IR video camera to one of those events to see if anything shows up.  There is a reason the FBI video was chopped up and edited and the original 'lost'.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Gotcha. I couldn't see what they claimed at all while watching it during Kyle's testimony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because. Radiation.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Because. Radiation.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:32:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, no, he didn't raise his rifle in the way Binger is implying. He didn't shoulder his rifle & take aim. He maybe went a hair past low-ready as he was assessing the times he perceived an immediate threat. I never saw him once cover anyone with his muzzle until Roesenbaum closed in.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:34:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Maybe the prosecution is going for the "walked free on a technicality" public relations/media spin instead of just acquitted.
View Quote

They're grooming the battlefield now for multiple different scenarios.

I think, they're acting like Trump is still in office and getting a large protest or riot is a victory but I don't think anyone is going to play that anymore. Biden's DOJ certainly isn't.

Remember, leftists live by the "heads I win, tails you lose" mantra - Binger fucks this up and loses - and he will only advance in status because he did his duty making the process the punishment and trying to cheat to win.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Judge indicated last week that they would be in court on Veteran's Day.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
The judge said tomorrow at 9am CST.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
That, or he gets to slip in some constitutional and procedural violations to the jury for free in hopes of securing the verdict he wants.

If the judge's spidey sense tells him the [A]DA is not acting in good faith ... look, there is something to that ... the judge knows this guy.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's Veteran's day.
Binger will probably want to put Gage back on the stand long enough to thank him for his unfailing service to the nation.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:37:35 AM EDT
[#34]
According to this ADA, because I carry a gun, I've completed the "premeditated" part of murder 1 and am just looking someone to complete the second part.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:37:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah, with Detective Nepotism's magic x-ray vision, aided by pinch-zoom on his iPoo.
View Quote

I think it's worse than that, it looks to me like he's trying to pass a dark spot on the ground off as Kyle's rifle.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He really should have specified South Dakota Time, just to keep everyone on their feet.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:38:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A retrial does not benefit the defense.  The state will not make the same mistakes they made in this trial.  The biggest breaks in Kyle's defense will not happen, or will not happen the same way in a new trial.
View Quote

My question is, in the event of a retrial, same judge or different? Because they were incredibly lucky to get this judge and a shit judge could really tank this thing.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:39:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If the jury rules NG on any count, that count is done under double jeopardy law.

If the jury rules guilty in any count(s), the court can order mistrial as to that count (or proceed to sentencing).

There is no CONVICTION until a defendant is SENTENCED.
View Quote
Can the judge not also set aside a guilty verdict if, in his sole opinion, the jury erred on a matter of law or fact??
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I could not F'ing Believe the DA went there.

Talk about a legal 3rd' rail you NEVER touch ...

What a Shitbag D.A. and I'm glad the Judge gave him the grief he so richly deserved!
View Quote

The judge permanently disbarred him?
I missed that part.

And in on 225, the proper .22 centerfire cartridge for break barrel varmint guns.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:41:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
According to this ADA, because I carry a gun, I've completed the "premeditated" part of murder 1 and am just looking someone to complete the second part.
View Quote

Just make to carry a very small gun. As long as your gun is smaller than the gun of whomever you're hunting, you have no fear of legal consequence.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:42:26 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My question is, in the event of a retrial, same judge or different? Because they were incredibly lucky to get this judge and a shit judge could really tank this thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to say. Depending on state law, both sides could be precluded from requesting a new trial at this point. Or a retrial could allow them another shot at it. Or a new judge could be assigned.  Hard to say
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#43]
How the DA hasn't dropped the charges after this shitshow circus of a prosecution I can't understand
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:46:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
His assertion "cameras see them" is false.  Older CCD based capture devices (video and stills) used to. Modern ones mostly don't, and have filters built in to specifically not.

"IR" has lots of frequencies and the glowies would have glow-blinkers that could be very narrow band that avoids the few devices that do "see" IR.

It would be interesting to take a known wideband IR video camera to one of those events to see if anything shows up.  There is a reason the FBI video was chopped up and edited and the original 'lost'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then we know nobody was wearing an IR strobe because everything we know about that night was on camera and there are no strobe light effects on any of the videos

The old Sony Handycams used to have a "Nightshot" feature that would disable the IR filter. It was really easy to pick up IR in a lot of different bands.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:48:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
(Snip)…,

There is a reason the FBI video was chopped up and edited and the original 'lost'.[

(/Snip)
View Quote

Are you shitting me?

WHAT!

THE!

FUCK!

I hope somebody at Judicial Watch is going to put in a FOIA for that original, UNedited footage.

EDIT:  if you or I had some security camera footage of whatever, and we edited it, then handed it over to the FBI, we would get slapped so hard/quickly with an obstruction of justice or tampering with evidence charge our heads would spin.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:51:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Is this picking up tomorrow or stalled for the holiday?
View Quote

9:00am, Thursday

I’ve watched every minute.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:53:21 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm finally getting to the point where Binger is badgering Rittenhouse around the time of the 1st shooting. Absolutely infuriating.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:54:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I swear there is a point in there the judge almost lets it slip that it's personal and political for the prosecutor. " And I think I know why, well we will just leave it at that for now"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the possibility of a Directed Verdict is a lot higher than most are considering.

At some point way back in this thread someone laid out the legal standards for self defense in Wisconsin. I don't remember it word for word and I'm not going back through 200 plus pages to find it, but in part what was explained is that while Wisconsin is not a stand your ground state the burden for self defense is on the state to prove the defendant did not act in self defense.  That's hugely important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXeVAP4cEK4

In the video above I feel the judge tips his hand. At the 1:55 mark this exchange occurs.

LF. We filed another Ex Motion on this exact issue, because in my mind and I argued this, it is identical to what was going on, on the night of August 25th in the sense that the defendant was using this exact same weapon. He was using it in a manner to try and protect property.

Judge.  No he wasn't!

LF. There's...  Your Honor I, with all due respect

Judge. I'm not gonna rehash the motion! That's absolutely untrue.  

LF. It is.

Judge. And there's, No no no.

Then if you skip to 9:05 the judge drops this bomb.

Judge.  There's nothing in your case that suggests the defendant was lying in wait to shoot at somebody. Or reflecting upon the shooting for a vast amount of time. Every one of the incidents involves a uh matters that involve seconds in time.

So if there is in fact a burden on the part of the prosecution to show KR didn't act in self defense, as of before lunch today the Judge certainly didn't feel the prosecution had shown it. LF saying over and over that KR was using lethal force to defend property doesn't mean he in any way actually made the case for it and the judge isn't taking his word for it. And then you have to add in later in the day when the judge flat out told LF that he didn't believe LF was acting in good faith.
Unless the judge saw something to change his mind in LF's cross of KR I think there's a real possibility that he could give a Directed Verdict at the end of the defenses case if he feels the case wasn't made by LF.

I swear there is a point in there the judge almost lets it slip that it's personal and political for the prosecutor. " And I think I know why, well we will just leave it at that for now"

@cyro_tech

I'm a couple pages behind so it may have been answered, but it was during the 5th amendment smack down. Judge almost let something slip... Grounds for a mistrial, prosecutor misconduct, something... But he thought it was important enough to not tip his hand or influence the defense
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:57:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The state has now seen the defense and there was nothing extraordinary about it, only that the state extraordinarily fucked things up, and for no good reason.

The state has now seen, with crystal clarity, the weaknesses of their own case.  In a new trial, the defense will be seeing something new.  It is going to look like the same thing because of simple human bias, but no, it will be something new.  "We've seen this before."  No, no you haven't.  That's bias.
View Quote

They fucked things up because they don't have anything. That won't change.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:58:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Are you shitting me?

WHAT!

THE!

FUCK!

I hope somebody at Judicial Watch is going to put in a FOIA for that original, UNedited footage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
(Snip)…,

There is a reason the FBI video was chopped up and edited and the original 'lost'.[

(/Snip)

Are you shitting me?

WHAT!

THE!

FUCK!

The ATF and FBI were at the forefront of getting Ziminsky prosecuted.  They are the ones who tracked down the DeBruin, and had him go into see the state's attorneys because of the evidence he could provide in the prosecution of Ziminsky.  
Page / 706
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top